AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-09-23, 18:43   Link #121
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
At this point, I feel talking with Yoshino doesn't really present anything as far as pairings go, they're just two friends who had a conversation. I don't even think of them being together as special anymore, or any different than them being with anyone else(aside from their besties). I had no nostalgia or anything from it. It's very natural though given their former relationship, and that is far more impressive to me(for some apparent reason).

The fact that Mako has already fallen for that boy(his name escapes me) gives me the impression that the 'love' he feels is rather fickle. He loves Shuu, then, after only being apart for a little while, falls 'in love' with someone else. Makes me wonder does he want to fall in love just for the sake of it?

And I think the whole "teasing for crossdressing" bit is over for now. I think there'll be some other angle at work.

And the more I see Sarashina, the more I want to see more of her. She is SOOO cute =03!! I think i'm infatuated with her now, as Saorin has been kinda a letdown lately.

Last edited by frubam; 2010-09-23 at 19:14.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-20, 04:40   Link #122
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Oh wow, what a chapter.
Spoiler for Chapter 90:
Old 2010-10-20, 07:47   Link #123
The Rumblefish
Hurray for Takako Shimura

Wow! Amazing chapter. I wasn't expecting such a change of rhythm in the progress of the main plot elements; given that very little happened in the school trip, which seemed on purpose, I was expecting Shimura to keep this kind of pace until a gripping climax during the fashion show. A lot of amazing nuggets.

Spoiler for ch90:
The Rumblefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-16, 10:19   Link #124
frubam
simp for Lyria

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
And the more I see Sarashina, the more I want to see more of her. She is SOOO cute =03!! I think i'm infatuated with her now, as Saorin has been kinda a letdown lately.
I spoke too soon .

Spoiler for chap 91:

Last edited by frubam; 2010-11-16 at 10:30.
Old 2010-11-16, 10:35   Link #125
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Spoiler for Chapter 91:
Old 2010-11-16, 11:00   Link #126
frubam
simp for Lyria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiro View Post
Spoiler for Chapter 91:
God, my mind must be completely in the gutter . Makes more sense than my thoughts. Nevertheless, I'll still keep that fanboy ideal in my heart .
Old 2010-11-16, 13:15   Link #127
Sol Falling

Spoiler for 91:
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-05, 18:02   Link #128
Simon
気持ち悪い

This is going to seem really trivial, but it's bugging me so I'll ask anyway

I recently bought the manga (except that volume 1 is on back-order, rats) but not all the volumes came with obi. Can anyone supply the missing "eyecatch" text and/or improve my translations? (I haven't read the whole story yet so I might be missing some subtleties.)
  1. ???
  2. ぼくたちの、ゆめ。Our Dream.
  3. ぼくたちの、きろく。Our Record.
  4. ???
  5. ぼくたちの、とまどい。Our Bewilderment.
  6. ぼくたちの、ねがい。Our Wish.
  7. ???
  8. ぼくたちの、けつだん。Our Decision ("Our Resolution"?).
  9. ぼくたちの、いばしょ。Our Place.
  10. ぼくたちの、こくはく。Our Confession.
Thanks!
Old 2010-12-25, 17:43   Link #129
typhonsentra

Spoiler:
typhonsentra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-25, 23:51   Link #130
frubam
simp for Lyria

God, re-reading my initial interpretation for the dream in chp 91 kinda makes me look pathetic . Well, to my defense, it was drawn in such a way that such an interpretation could be made, specifically when Shuu was looking at his hand. Not that anyone actually cares, but I felt the need to clarify that (>.>).
Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
Spoiler:
WHOA, I don't know if you mean people as in "the story's chars" or people as in the readers, but that seems WAY off to me. I don't think either Shuu or Yoshino are gay/lesbian or whatever. At the heart of everything, they just want to wear clothes opposite to their genders. I don't recall Shuu nor Yoshino ever showing interest in the same sex in a romantic way. In addition, Shuu has already had a girlfriend(Anna) and the only actual romantic interest we've seen from Yoshino was towards that teacher. I don't recall any reason or event that gives the impression of Yoshino liking girls. If anything, given the last recent 20~30 chaps or so, Saorin would be the most likely candidate for Yoshino's affections if Yoshino WAS lesbian. However, I don't remember anything that would constitute Yoshino liking Saorin "in that way" either.

Last edited by frubam; 2010-12-26 at 00:04.
Old 2010-12-26, 22:58   Link #131
typhonsentra

Spoiler:
typhonsentra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-31, 10:10   Link #132
niwasatou
mind the gap
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to niwasatou
If you ask me, Shuu is a lesbian, not Yoshino. The latter hasn't shown romantic interest in anyone so far.

Saying they just want to crossdress and nothing deeper than that is at play seems fairly ridiculous considering their obvious distress at going through puberty, as well as several other things--

Takatsuki literally wished for 'a dick', and hates the fact of appearing merely boyish instead of truly masculine in men's clothes. Why would that be a bother if the objective is crossdressing itself? Clearly the desire here is to appear male, so, in my eyes, the outside matches the inside. Takatsuki dressing in girl's clothes for the fashion show is the real crossdressing here.

Shuu had a dream that seemed rather like a nightmare involving getting 'man hands'. There's the part of asking Yuki about working at the bar. Crying when Fumiya says something along the lines of 'you should have been a girl, geez'. Asking Maho what she would do if her little brother truly would become a girl.

Heck, right at the start Takatsuki asked Shuu - are you someone who wants to be a girl?

Last edited by niwasatou; 2010-12-31 at 22:07.
niwasatou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-31, 11:11   Link #133
Sol Falling

This subject is truly loaded with landmines, so I will hopefully simplify my comments into a basic question:

How does wanting to be a girl(/boy), mean you actually are a girl(/boy), even if only on the inside? From my perspective, the limits of gender boundaries are already incredibly broad (boys can be feminine, girls can be masculine). As such, I have yet to find a satisfactory answer as to why it would be less accurate to say that Nitorin is 'a boy who wishes to retain his cute, feminine body', over assertions to the effect of 'he/she is a girl in a boy's body', or other such things.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-31, 19:05   Link #134
Simon
気持ち悪い

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
How does wanting to be a girl(/boy), mean you actually are a girl(/boy), even if only on the inside? From my perspective, the limits of gender boundaries are already incredibly broad (boys can be feminine, girls can be masculine). As such, I have yet to find a satisfactory answer as to why it would be less accurate to say that Nitorin is 'a boy who wishes to retain his cute, feminine body', over assertions to the effect of 'he/she is a girl in a boy's body', or other such things.
You're right about the landmines - I don't think there's One Right Answer to your question, but here are a few ideas to chew over (this post is deliberately noncommittal, so no offence intended to anyone with strong views on the subject).

It really depends on how you think about gender identity - how much does a person's own perception of their gender count, compared to external factors like their body or how other people see them? Is "feeling that you are a girl/boy" different from "feeling feminine/masculine"? A reason for saying that Nitorin "actually is a girl inside" would be that that's a fundamental part of Shuu's identity, something much deeper than a desire to "be a girly boy" (contrast Takemoto Novala, for example).

I guess most people never really think about their own gender identity because it's never called into question. But as a clumsy approximation, try this thought experiment: you wake up tomorrow to find yourself in a body of the opposite gender, and everyone you know treats you like you've always been that way. Now try to imagine living the rest of your life like that. I don't mean in some shallow cutesy Kashimashi sense, I mean for real: think about your closest friendships, your family, your sex life, the image you choose to present to the outside world every time you decide what to wear in the morning... Would you say to yourself "oh well, I guess now I am a <whatever>, but that's fine because I don't have to conform to gender stereotypes"?

Let's suppose you get over the shock and manage to adapt day-to-day. Despite appearances, would you still feel like <not-a-whatever> inside? That's sort of what Nitorin and Takatsuki are grappling with.

Last edited by Simon; 2011-01-01 at 20:26. Reason: Use gooder English
Simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-07, 10:57   Link #135
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Spoiler for Chapter 92:
Old 2011-01-07, 19:19   Link #136
John Smith

Spoiler for Chapter 92:

Spoiler for Chapter 93:

Last edited by John Smith; 2011-01-18 at 20:35.
John Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-19, 15:35   Link #137
frubam
simp for Lyria

Spoiler for i feel sorry for the anime viewers:

Spoiler for chp 93:

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Smith View Post
Spoiler for Chapter 92:
I feel the same way. With his head held high in confidence in the fashion show, not to mention his resoluteness in wanting to dress like a girl, it does seem like that could be all, but like you said, there are still some things left undone; like Yoshino's confidence for example. Also, there has to be people who are willing to accept them as lovers with that hobby in mind, which may not necessarily be them(Yoshino/Shuu) accepting each other. Shuu not only has the confidence to wear women's clothing, but also friends that accept it, the resolution to accept others' disdain for it, and potential romantic interests(Yoshino/Saorin/Anna) that all fully accept it as well. Yoshino on the other hand... well.... she still has some work to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Smith View Post
Spoiler for Chapter 93:
Spoiler for 93:
Old 2011-01-19, 16:00   Link #138
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Since when did Anna get a new boyfriend?
Old 2011-01-19, 16:50   Link #139
darry

Are they any similiar Manga with this kind of Story ? I know its the wrong Thread but after reading all the Chapters, It realy got me interested for more
darry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-19, 17:01   Link #140
Simon
気持ち悪い

Quote:
Originally Posted by darry View Post
Are they any similiar Manga with this kind of Story ? I know its the wrong Thread but after reading all the Chapters, It realy got me interested for more
The MAL manga recommendations might be of interest (disclaimer: except for Aoi Hana I haven't read any of the works listed there).

Tags
drama, seinen