AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Full Metal Panic > Past FMP Series (Archive)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-01-01, 20:27   Link #21
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxChris43xX
I have a question about TSR.... I wanna know if its a good follow up to the original series.... I heard that Fumoffu was good, but what of TSR?...
Fumoffu is a very good follow up of the FMP comedy elements.

TSR is a good, nah, EXCELLENT follow up of the FMP drama/action/mecha elements.
Old 2006-01-01, 21:24   Link #22
FireSong

Fumoffu really isn't a follow up. More of a series of OVAs with funny elements. Moreover, the seperate episodes aren't related to each other at all, so it can't be treated as a season, per-se.

TSR is what many FMP fans would consider the real 2nd season to FMP. Fumoffu is just a sideline "season" of funny stories.

/FS
Old 2006-01-02, 12:01   Link #23
grev

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireSong
Fumoffu really isn't a follow up. More of a series of OVAs with funny elements. Moreover, the seperate episodes aren't related to each other at all, so it can't be treated as a season, per-se.

TSR is what many FMP fans would consider the real 2nd season to FMP. Fumoffu is just a sideline "season" of funny stories.

/FS

True, but I think it's still important to watch it in order: FMP, Fumoffu, TSR
Old 2006-01-02, 18:41   Link #24
setsuka

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireSong

/FS
I agree with that. Fumoffu is just a light hearted sidestory.
Old 2006-01-03, 09:24   Link #25
YoureMyHiro
The One Hit Wonder

Send a message via AIM to YoureMyHiro
Well I just finished TSR and I was quite pleased with the exception of a confession-less ending on both party's parts. I was praying at the end of ep 13 that she would just say it or that Sousuke would blurt out something first but alas. In either case, the series has definitely lived up to its predecessors concerning plotline and animation. I look forward to a future series and the continuing novels.
Old 2006-01-04, 20:01   Link #26
青和紙
Aowashi

Send a message via AIM to 青和紙
The ending to TSR was a work of art, in my opinion - the final Combat Sequence especially, where after so much doubt, despair, and difficulty, Sousuke is able to eliminate his 3 enemies - the curse of Gauron, the 5 Venoms of Amalgam and the psychotic Gates, and last but not least, his own disillusion that he is just a pawn, a soldier without a home and without a family - that he has no right to live a normal life. Although this final victory was not really achieved in the eyes of the audience (at least not directly, since neither Sousuke nor Kaname really confess anything), it was still achieved in attitude and heart - both of them acknowledge the fact that each needs the other. If I were the director, I'd have them at least do something more, but nonetheless, it was a wonderful ending.
Old 2006-01-05, 06:29   Link #27
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoureMyHiro
In either case, the series has definitely lived up to its predecessors concerning plotline and animation. I look forward to a future series and the continuing novels.
Lived up to its predecessors? No way! TSR surpassed them! The first season was average, Fumoffu was awesome, and TSR is simply priceless. Okay, I'm laying off the lofty praises.

Seriously though, it wouldn't be fitting to compare Fumoffu with TSR, but the latter did seem to have a bigger budget judging by how polished it looked. All I can say is, Kyoto Animation should be made officially in charge of all of FMP's anime adaptations from now on.
Old 2006-01-05, 17:11   Link #28
MandyDi
Sousuke and Kaname....

Thumbs up

I agree, Kyoto Animation hasn't really screwed up yet....and although I can't pinpoint the reason why, the characters seem to look better in fumoffu and TSR than the first season.
Old 2006-01-14, 17:32   Link #29
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Zero Shinohara
Wow, read most of them and >no one< has pointed Tessa's surprised face when Sousuke calls her "Tessa" for the first time?
I had a smile on my face that went from ear to ear She's so lovely when she's happy like that.

And, one of those moments that simply put me to death was when Gates asks Sousuke "Who the hell are you?" and Sousuke rushes, telling him his school ID and stuff. At that time I was holding to my chair pretty tight.

There were just so many parts of TSR that I just wish I wouldn't have watched, so I could watch it again that, gah.

Sometimes I look back and think to myself, "how the hell did I manage to screw this up?"
Old 2006-01-15, 20:52   Link #30
MandyDi
Sousuke and Kaname....

if u havnt finished watched TSR possile spoiler

I think the part that made me hold on to my chair the most was when Gauron told Sousuke that Kaname is dead and he goes into a rage....

there is just something about angst that intrigues me....
Old 2006-01-16, 08:11   Link #31
JanthraX^
Ace Archer

My favourite parts in TSR:-

Many people have already said the hair cutting scene, which just OOZED emotions even tho very little was said,

next was ep 5, where Kurx get SOOO CLOSE (OMFG) too getting Mao! with that sweet talk too =D

Then of course the last episode!!
----------

I enjoyed these 13 epsiodes as Souske tells Tessa (but she is still gonna try) that his heart is for chidori, Gauron is finally dead!
AND Souske has finally made his peace with the ARX-7, TDD-1's SRT is gonna be on top for awhile!
Old 2006-01-16, 10:33   Link #32
full_metal_sousuke

Send a message via AIM to full_metal_sousuke
one of my favortir episodes of tsr. the last episode when kaname starts to cry in sousuke's chest. he almost gets to hug her but kaname's friends ruin it for sousuke.
Old 2006-01-16, 11:03   Link #33
radzor
Swedish anime addict..

Quote:
Originally Posted by full_metal_sousuke
one of my favortir episodes of tsr. the last episode when kaname starts to cry in sousuke's chest. he almost gets to hug her but kaname's friends ruin it for sousuke.
That is one of my very favorites of the TSR episodes aswell. That almost brought a tear to my eye, but still I am a man and a man dont cry.
You can not, not be affected by it. Kaname is first going to hit him and then she tells him how awfull it were when he werent there and that is just beautiful.

My anime list Here.
Old 2006-01-16, 15:59   Link #34
full_metal_sousuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by radzor
That is one of my very favorites of the TSR episodes aswell. That almost brought a tear to my eye, but still I am a man and a man dont cry.
You can not, not be affected by it. Kaname is first going to hit him and then she tells him how awfull it were when he werent there and that is just beautiful.
yes we are men and men dont cry, we just get stuff in our eyes.
Old 2006-01-16, 17:10   Link #35
kujoe
from head to heel

I like the part where the sun rises in Hong Kong while Sousuke is looking up at Chidori with his mouth hanging open.

I was thinking, "Damn man. You better kick some metal ass now after that!"
Old 2006-01-16, 18:46   Link #36
Pippin4242

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyDi
I agree, Kyoto Animation hasn't really screwed up yet....and although I can't pinpoint the reason why, the characters seem to look better in fumoffu and TSR than the first season.
The subtle changes to the look of the series included a redesign of the eyes- at least on the characters with large eyes (Souske, Kaname, Tessa, Mao, Kurz, Kyoko and Shinji). It shows up particularly on Tessa, with her grey eyes and pale skin- the lines defining the eyelids are far thicker and dip more at the ends. Um, at least that's the impression I got. I've never sat and compared the two properly. (And longer eyelashes?) I can't really comment on Fumoffu, but that seemed to be the main difference between FMP and TSR. Oh, and the lock of hair at the centre of Tessa's fringe went to one solid point. I'm pretty sure it was broken up before.

Hm... best moments.
  • Episode Five: Kurz threatens to spill his love for the Goddess of Night
  • Episode Five: Mao's cry of "Rock and Roll!"
  • Episode Thirteen: The rainbow lights after Souske uses the Lambada driver, and the close up of the faces of Mithril (they all look shocked or serious except for Kurz, who looks like he juts wet himself for joy).
  • "Chido. Ri."
  • Leonard's smile as he steps forward with the umberella
  • Gates throttling his subordinate in a Victorian swimming costume

*~Pips~*
Old 2006-01-17, 10:16   Link #37
radzor
Swedish anime addict..

Quote:
Originally Posted by full_metal_sousuke
yes we are men and men dont cry, we just get stuff in our eyes.
That is true, and it happens from time to time in the most inconvienient situations and could easily be mistaken of crying.
Like when you are watching FMP!.

My anime list Here.
Old 2006-01-17, 11:32   Link #38
full_metal_sousuke

yes that is right. it usually happens when u watch certain episodes of TSR. like when kaname is crying after leonard kisses her. (sniffle.snifffle, what im not crying i just got sumtin in my eyes. stop lookin at me.)
Old 2006-01-17, 12:15   Link #39
radzor
Swedish anime addict..

Yeah I can imagine that aswell, nasty dust flying around.

My anime list Here.
Old 2006-01-17, 12:25   Link #40
JanthraX^
Ace Archer

pfff just skip those parts, i was there for the ARX-7!!!!
Closed Thread

Tags
action, kadokawa, mecha, school life, shounen