AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-03-11, 13:49   Link #1761
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

This is Iscandar:

And this it the planet they arrive at in Chapter 5:

Old 2013-03-11, 16:11   Link #1762
macdawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Spoiler for chapter 4:
Ito has been a sneaky bastard from the start but Hoshina seems like a nice kid. He doesn't appear in any of the rebelion scenes in the trailer, wonder if he'll side with Ito and his colleagues or with Okita and the others?

As for the sisters thing
Spoiler for mostly facts and a bit of theory. :D:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Is the planet that Dessler is always looking at Iscandar?
In a word
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
This is Iscandar:

And this it the planet they arrive at in Chapter 5:

That planet is Beemera.

Last edited by macdawson; 2013-03-11 at 16:21.
macdawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-11, 18:06   Link #1763
Aqua Knight

14 episode is a pretty crazy one, but very enjoyable.

Not really understanding all those supernatural things as I am watching Yamato for the 1st time, but that just makes me like it more.
Old 2013-03-11, 18:46   Link #1764
macdawson

The "supernatural" thing is mostly new as in the original the closest we got to that was Starsha guiding the Yamato out of the Galactic Whirlpool. like a godess. XD Episode 14 gets less crazy with repeated viewings. The only thing i have an issue with is... How did Kodai get inside the engine core chamber? XD Doubt he actually jumped through the theatre screen and teleport there... XDDD
Old 2013-03-11, 19:09   Link #1765
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by macdawson View Post
The "supernatural" thing is mostly new as in the original the closest we got to that was Starsha guiding the Yamato out of the Galactic Whirlpool. like a godess. XD Episode 14 gets less crazy with repeated viewings. The only thing i have an issue with is... How did Kodai get inside the engine core chamber? XD Doubt he actually jumped through the theatre screen and teleport there... XDDD
I'm guessing Kodai and the other crew members were being kept in some kinda temporal cosmic warp flux. I think bursting out of the telepathic control made him able to momentarily phase through solid matter.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-11, 19:24   Link #1766
August138

What Rambo said.
Old 2013-03-11, 21:25   Link #1767
kimpleng
Lurker

Warp seem cover shorter distance than normal space flight. Is this an error?

I also fans of Star Trek and Star Wars, though only watching the movie only. But still not quite understand warp drive concept in fiction. Especially its limit. In Yamato looks like it only can be used few days after warp out. Is it because they need gather energy or prevent the warp drive from overheating?
kimpleng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-11, 21:47   Link #1768
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The solar system is not to scale. Neither is anything else it seems. Each warp has been getting longer as they test to see how far it can go. Each warp is generating basically a limited time wormhole to a preselected area of space-time. They have to be accurate with the calculation and timing of the warp (at least in Yamato's case) or else they might break the engine, are miswarp someplace they don't expect, or get caught between dimentions (Episode 10).

There main limitation is knowledge. This is Earth's first Wave Motion Engine equipped ship. They don't know all the ins and outs of how it works yet. The Gamilas do as they seem to be able to warp much faster than Yamato can, and they can track a vessel that warps.

Another problem is that the warps strain the ship and crew. The longer the warp the more stress on both. As some point they are likely to break something if they push the warps too far.

As for how often they warp. Probably the ship needs to build up power again to warp (that seems to be the older explaination). They use to warp once or twice a day if I recall. When they warped into the rift they were losing power. The thought of warping out was never brought up (probably they couldn't) and using the wave motion gun drained the ship of about everything it had left when usually they build up energy to restart the systems after the guns fires so that it does't leave the ship helpless.
Old 2013-03-11, 22:05   Link #1769
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Originally Posted by August138 View Post
Spoiler for Episode 14: "Mirenel vs. Balanodon":
Thank you for that August, that is very interesting, and I am happy to see they used their own amalgamation in this new remake, it worked out very well in my humble opinion.
Old 2013-03-12, 01:09   Link #1770
August138

You're welcome — I should also note that once the new set up for ourstarblazers.com is finalized, webmaster Tim Eldred will be reinstating all of his materials from the previous website onto the new one, including the fully-translated "Eternal Story of Jura" manga.
Old 2013-03-12, 02:02   Link #1771
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Episode 14 was indeed quite the odd episode. After the awesome of the previous episodes with the Dimensional Submarine, suddenly DEAD SPACE.

So many questions raised in episode 14, especially concerning the identities of certain women. When's the next volume coming again? Cause the wait is killer

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-12, 02:09   Link #1772
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Theaters April 13th. BD May 28th.

And assuming the TV run is straight through, July 14, 21, 28, and August 4th.
Old 2013-03-12, 02:37   Link #1773
Scherzo09

Just watched the episodes. A bit more slower paced than I was thinking but great regardless. Some questions; Flaken can't warp in dimensional space, right? And it probably saps power from the Dimensional Sub just like it did the Yamato (though it might be hardened against that). Just thinking of limitations of it.

So is
Spoiler for Talk about things that have happened:
I actually really liked episode 14, it felt like an Evangelion episode, and I mean that as a compliment. It just had such a unique tone to it.

Spoiler:

Edit:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Scherzo09; 2013-03-12 at 02:52. Reason: Added something
Scherzo09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-12, 03:07   Link #1774
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

In Yamato III the dimensional subs had to "surface" to warp (making them visable when they left warp before they could "submerge" again.)

One thing of note that might have been missed, the submarine was using propellers for thrust in dimentional space rather than its regular engines. This would suggest they have their wave motion engine on battery or something. In theory that means they can't stay down there forever. A newer model might improve on that though, as it is suggested this might be a one of a kind ship presently in the Gamilas Empire.

Spoiler for Iscandarians:

Last edited by Ithekro; 2013-03-12 at 03:23.
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-12, 05:00   Link #1775
macdawson

As far as Sasha goes i think she's dead and buried. Literaly. Bringing her into an already complex plot would only overcomplicate things. All evidence points to her being buried on Mars, right where Kodai and Sima left her.
Old 2013-03-12, 06:15   Link #1776
August138

Episode 14 is brilliant. There, I said it. Now, go about your business; move along...
Old 2013-03-12, 12:28   Link #1777
John117xCortana

Whats the name of the new ed song ? It's quite nice.
John117xCortana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-12, 13:45   Link #1778
FerrusManus

Quote:
Originally Posted by John117xCortana View Post
Whats the name of the new ed song ? It's quite nice.
"Kioku no Hikari" by Kokia
FerrusManus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-12, 14:01   Link #1779
FerrusManus

By the way: Does anyone know the name of the song that is played during the battle between the Gamillians and the Comet Empire at the begin of Episode 11?
FerrusManus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-12, 14:02   Link #1780
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

That would be the Disco version of the Comet Empire theme.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Tags
classic, remake, science fiction, space opera, yamato