AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

View Poll Results: Higurashi Episode 2 Rating
Perfect 10 12 21.82%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 36.36%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 29.09%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 5.45%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 3.64%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 3.64%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2005-12-24, 05:22   Link #1
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Welcome to the discussion thread for Higurashi no Naku Koroni, Episode 2.

Thread Guidelines
  • No telling or asking for RAWs.
  • Try to keep spoilers from the Game or Manga out of the anime thread. If you need to in reply to someone with a reference to the Game / Manga, either PM them or use Spoiler tags (see example below).
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if not aired.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Try to keep the discussion on topic and future episode spoilers out of the thread whenever possible.

Spoiler Tag Usage

Using Spoiler Tags is easy. Using this...

[spoiler=title]Don't forget to use the spoiler title[/spoiler]

....will get you this...

Spoiler for title:

ADDITIONAL RULES FOR Higurashi no Naku Koroni
  • Make sure you read the English wikipedia article for Higurashi no Naku Koroni before you ask questions!!!
  • Feel free to share your theories and speculations. In fact, I encourage you to do so as this is what makes this series interesting.
  • I am designating Sushi-Y and Freakman to lead the discussion in the correct path without spoilers as they have played the game in advance. I put confidence in them that they will recognize a member has spilled the beans too far if any other members has begun to play the game.
  • SPOILERS FAR ADVANCED THAN THE CURRENT AIRED ANIME EPISODE WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. THIS INCLUDES THOSE IN SPOILER TAGS!!!. People tend to peek at spoiler tags; especially when they do not know such tag is meant for the episode, only to find it spilling the beans too far advanced in the game storyline.

Last edited by kj1980; 2006-05-01 at 12:22.
Old 2006-04-07, 03:15   Link #2
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakman
Then are they keeping Satoko's traps for Tatarigoroshi ?
Well, her traps never really got that much exposure in the first 2 chapters to begin with, other than the fact that it's "Satoko's specialty", plus a few harmless traps here and there. Seeing as how Tatarigoroshi is Satoko's chapter, that's probably where we'll see more of them. Also, a few of her traps actually had practical uses in the answer chapters, so we'll probably see them again there.

Episode 2's preview is up at the official site:

...The dismemberment murder incident related to the dam construction project is now an undoubtable fact.
While Keiichi felt shocked, he thought of it as nothing that concerns him. Then, he hears from Rena and the others about "Watanagashi", a festival passed down through generations in Hinamizawa.

On the day of the festival,
Keiichi was having fun touring the stalls with the usual club members,
but then, he hears about a certain "incident" that occurs every year during the night of the festival...

===
So, right to Watanagashi, huh? Oh well, if they don't miss anything important, then I suppose it's alright to rush some.

Then again, poor ____... It's only been 2 episodes ^^;;

Miko Rika... uwa(ry

Last edited by Sushi-Y; 2006-04-07 at 03:40.
Old 2006-04-11, 13:11   Link #3
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

The hell with this, I'm looking at the pics and live reports at 2chan:

dang ep. 2 seems to go by fast
"usoda!" hmm...it could've used more punch?
Old 2006-04-11, 21:57   Link #4
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleutheria
Re:sushi-y, I sent them an email and they now list the two CD-roms on their site. The 19 dollar shipping fee for the first item is a bit steep though...
Himeya only uses EMS (or UPS) for shipping, it's fast (shipping time is usually less than a week), reliable, and trackable. As far as I know, EMS is probably the best for these kind of things rather than regular air mail, which can take weeks to get to you (+ they're less secure, which is why Himeya don't offer them for international shippings). If you ask me, $20 for fast and reliable shipping is much less painful than trying to find cheaper deals that may never show up.

===============
I just finished watching episode 2 and holy crap this thing is flying. I figured no matter how fast they go, the limit of episode 2 should've been just before or right after the end of Watanagashi, but they totally blew everything that happened during Watanagashi away (save a few still shots of the activities) and went right to the serious stuff. At this rate, Onikakushi will be done for in 4 episodes for sure...

Personally, this speed is a little too fast for my liking. In the game, there were plenty of time for us to slowly wade through the scary scenes ourselves, but the anime just sort of flew right over them. Rena's _____!! was nice, but it seems to be missing something... Could've used more visual effects maybe? (A pity too, since the anime had the most freedom when it comes to visual effects) Nakahara Mai's performance was excellent though, sent a shiver down my spines ^^; Rena's follow up was also great.

Next episode seems like it'll go up to the ohagi incident, perhaps even up to where Keiichi begins to carry the metal bat around with him... Too bloody fast -_-
But I'll let Onikakushi go, maybe they're just splitting up overlapping contents across different chapters, so it's possible that everything will fall together nicely once all the other chapters are aired too.
Old 2006-04-11, 23:13   Link #5
ramune

Kinda off-topic but does anyone have the source for this image?

Still waiting for ep.2 to finish downloading...
Old 2006-04-12, 00:26   Link #6
Freakman

I saw the episodes title on 2ch, and while I'm not sure if they were true, it showed onikakushi ending at ep4 (well it makes sense given how fast they're going)
But you're right... I wonder how well the non playing audience is going to react to the show. On the other hand, they can't tell if it's moving too fast
And
Spoiler for ep2:
Old 2006-04-12, 14:04   Link #7
Thelastguardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y
??
What I meant was that there are so many materials the studio can use that they have absolutely no chance of messing the series up for first time viewer.

Disclaimer- I have never played the game/story and I avoided the plot info online like plagues piror to the animation.

Anyway onto the 2nd episode-

For first time viewer, the speed is fine. First of all, from the look of the comments online, that particular festival is not essential to the story in the sense that no major (except for the explaination) event happened to the main character- meaning that the studio could afford to shorten the whole sequence.

They did, however, put a heavy empahsis on the second part- namely the "confrontation" scene and the "phone/spy" scene. Excellent choice by the studio. Both scenes are impactful to me, the first time viewer; this is what the studio was aiming for. I actually shivered when I saw the gap on the door when the main character was on the phone.

Finally, I knew something was going to happen to the camara man when he took the pictures in the ceremony- that is just rude . However, "killed because he took some picture at the ceremony" explanation is definitely just a disguise .

Sushi-Y's version

---------------------Ending Theme Song - "why, or why not"
To get my happiness I have done everything, but have done nothing to be blamed and accused of
The sound of footsteps became louder everyday, then I noticed the fact there was no time
I was a believer in life, to be myself always
and was asking whether I would be alive

Give me a reason why not to adapt in this way, or judge me to be guilty of so many incurable sins
Tell me why or why not, complaining way too much(?)
maybe I overlooked something fatal for me
---------------------

Since someone have said they are having problems with the ED (Since I want to see the sub version of it)
My version

To get my happiness I have(...) done everything, but had done nothing to be blamed and accused of
The sound of footstep became louder everyday
Then I noticed the fact there was no time
I was a believer in life to be myself always
And was asking whether I would be alive
give me a reason why not to adapt in this way
or judge me to be gulity (of
-I think I heard a light 'o' sound here, but not sure) to my incurable sins
tell me why or why not complain in the way to live
maybe my heart unlocked some seal better for me

The singing is not too bad- I can understand 90% of it XD. Kudo to the singer and songwriter.
And from the lyrics and the (former)logos of Sushi and Ky1980, I can guess who killed the victums XD

Last edited by Thelastguardian; 2006-04-12 at 16:50.
Old 2006-04-12, 15:24   Link #8
Freakman

Well the festival group could be said to be akin to Haruhi's SOS : Sekai wo ooi ni moriageru sonozaki dan
But I'm assuming they want to set up the mystery as fast as possible. They'll come back on the laid back parts in the separate scenarios.
Especially Watanagashi, because there's a lot more character interaction.
Old 2006-04-12, 19:40   Link #9
Rasuberi
Give me things to draw!!!

Send a message via AIM to Rasuberi
As someone who hadn't even heard of the sound novel's before the anime was announced, I am quite enjoying this series so far. The type of series I've been looking for...

It's in my top three favorite's so far this season. (Other two being the two Haruhi's <3)

Love the opening to death.

Old 2006-04-18, 18:17   Link #10
LytHka
Banned

Man, I crapped my pants at episode 02 already. I'm not sure if I'm gonna survive the "DOKIDOKI OVERLOAD" of episode 03, as my friend described it.
Old 2006-05-01, 06:47   Link #11
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Higurashi Episode 2 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Higurashi no Naku Koroni, Episode 2.

Thread Guidelines
  • No telling or asking for RAWs.
  • Try to keep spoilers from the Game or Manga out of the anime thread. If you need to in reply to someone with a reference to the Game / Manga, either PM them or use Spoiler tags (see example below).
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if not aired.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Try to keep the discussion on topic and future episode spoilers out of the thread whenever possible.

Spoiler Tag Usage

Using Spoiler Tags is easy. Using this...

[spoiler=title]Don't forget to use the spoiler title[/spoiler]

....will get you this...

Spoiler for title:
Old 2006-05-11, 06:26   Link #12
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakman
On the other hand, they can't tell if it's moving too fast
I never read/played any of the stuff related to this series and compared to other series I'd say it's moving fast... that's one of the reasons I love it... makes the ep look like single stories and part of a big one at the same time...

Why do you think it's so bad that it's moving fast...

Ep rating : Very Good

Nice to see revelations... I just hate it when they just stick to some plot point (important or not) and just bashe us with stupid clues...
________..::::..________

What the heck is with the Higurashi no Naku Koro ni TIPS thread... is it some sort of spoiler thread... TIPs for what... how are they tips

Wait... who is suppose to read them... the game players ?!
Old 2006-05-11, 12:52   Link #13
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackCatXIII
What the heck is with the Higurashi no Naku Koro ni TIPS thread... is it some sort of spoiler thread... TIPs for what... how are they tips

Wait... who is suppose to read them... the game players ?!
No. It can be somewhat of a spoiler if you read the parts for the episode that you haven't watched yet, but we've managed to take care of that by adding the relevant episode number in parenthesis next to the each TIPS title.

The TIPS is a feature that was in the original doujin game to help you solve the mystery. It is a feature that is lacking in the manga, the anime, and the dramaCDs. However, the TIPS are quite helpful in expanding your theories on what is behind all of this at Hinamizawa. Hence, some of the members (including me) have began a project to translate the TIPS in accordance to the currently aired episode. So, if you haven't read them yet, feel free to look at it up to the relevant episode number that you have watched. It will surely provide you with clues about what is going on.
Closed Thread