AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-06-06, 07:09   Link #31961
Eratas123

A question to anyone here:

Imagine you meet someone who's killed people in cruel and unusual ways for no reason other than he/she could or some other nonesense. You then have two choices: Get him/her to realize their mistakes and go "Welp, maybe it wasn't such a good idea. Guess I'll stop" and let them go on their merry way or just kill them, which would you pick? No jail or any other option, just those two.

I'd probably pick option 2 since I hate Karma Houdini's.
Old 2012-06-06, 07:11   Link #31962
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Dunno, option 2 seems legit if jail is really not an option.
Old 2012-06-06, 07:12   Link #31963
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
A question to anyone here:

Imagine you meet someone who's killed people in cruel and unusual ways for no reason other than he/she could or some other nonesense. You then have two choices: Get him/her to realize their mistakes and go "Welp, maybe it wasn't such a good idea. Guess I'll stop" and let them go on their merry way or just kill them, which would you pick? No jail or any other option, just those two.

I'd probably pick option 2 since I hate Karma Houdini's.
I'd get as far away from him as I could, in other words I'll just let him go.
Old 2012-06-06, 07:20   Link #31964
Eratas123

@ Box - Really? You have them at gunpoint and can kill them and you choose the Run away option?

@ Senpai - I was going to put a scene that might be seen as overboard.

One of the PT members, who was basically a murderer who enjoyed doing it, is talked out of killing to start anew by Ichika's messiah syndrome. Irish gets pissy and tries to beat her to death since he doesn't buy the whole "I can start a new leaf and not get punished for my past actions at all.
Old 2012-06-06, 07:20   Link #31965
HasuMasu
*Artist

You didn't mention having him at gunpoint.
Old 2012-06-06, 07:23   Link #31966
demino_hellsin
That one guy

it really depends. Are they annoying me? If yes, pull the trigger. If no, let them go.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-06, 07:26   Link #31967
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Eras
Good conflict there, not really overboard at all, though if there's option three, have Ichika stop Irish, the murderer being herself again and almost kill Ichika, and then died by an accident when she failed and tried to run (because of course, Ichika was protected by AB). Or option four, where someone else is injured in place of Ichika.

Irish' words will hammer the hell out of Ichika "This is what you get for acting like a hero"

EDIT:

Before anyone started meaningless morality debate (including myself), I will hammer this fact, this is for the purpose of story.
Old 2012-06-06, 07:31   Link #31968
Eratas123

@ Box - I said had the choice between killing them or no, did I not? Unless you think you can kill someone while they're standing there completely fine.

@ Demi - Yeah, yeah, I already know how you operate.

@ Senpai - I don't know how to end the scene, though. Ichika's too extreme on the Power of love/friendship/harem for me to follow that while Irish is too high on the "just kill them" scale too. What do you think?
Old 2012-06-06, 07:38   Link #31969
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

How about Follow it with inverse case, so that both of them realize that the world is not black and white, there's always overlap between, and both of them decided to follow their ideal, though with certain compromises.
Old 2012-06-06, 07:45   Link #31970
Eratas123

Both their flaws are, until way later, neither are willing to budge on their place. Irish remains a type IV Anti-hero throughout most of the story and Ichika goes to stupidly risky lengths to try and reform Madoka even if she's attacked him every time. In others words, they're both stubborn idiots.
Old 2012-06-06, 07:49   Link #31971
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Well, it still applies and became part of their character development, which of course took a lot of time.
Old 2012-06-06, 07:50   Link #31972
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Tech question:

Even if electric reactive armor vaporizes the physical round that makes contact, the force from it is still substantial enough to cause damage without proper armor plating beneath right?
Old 2012-06-06, 07:53   Link #31973
Eratas123

Yeah. Kinda like the Butei shirts from Hidan no Aria: Bullets don't kill you, but they feel like you're getting hit by bricks.

@ Senpai - So how should the scene end? Her dying or not?
Old 2012-06-06, 08:10   Link #31974
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Demi
No, err... I mean yes, the armor plating is there to protect you from combined force of armor explosion + bullet vaporization. The main purpose of electric reactive armor is to defeat armor piercing properties of solid penetrator.

@ Eras
Which is a handwave as far as I can took from manga and novel, though if you do a little research, there is a possible scientific explanation for that too. (used in ST and exaggerated in TLR Stratos)

Saruyama: "Dude, you stuffed Composite armor in your blazer?!"
Rito: "Can't be too paranoid"

As I said, her dying by a third party left the scene unresolved and became a part of continuity itself, and the cumulated problem only resolved near the end.

Last edited by ZeroXSEED; 2012-06-06 at 08:34.
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-06, 08:32   Link #31975
Eratas123

Aren't the swimsuits already armor?
Old 2012-06-06, 08:48   Link #31976
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

As Rito said, can't be too paranoid.

The swimsuit may offer class I and even class II protection if lucky, but no more than that (anything stronger will either break through or doing the damage via sheer impact). It's only plus side is that the damn thing is extremely lightweight, barely reach 1.5 kg (minus the sock), and due to it's structural composition, feels like you having a second layer of thick skin rather than carrying heavy clothing. Awkward but acceptable.

There's few who use bulletproof material for the blazer, or even the entire uniform. Can weight anywhere from 2-7 kg. And as noted above, someone is crazy enough to stuff armor plating behind/inside it, adding up to 10 kg
Old 2012-06-06, 08:57   Link #31977
Eratas123

How did Charlotte change to her suit so fast when she was in the same room as Ichika?
Old 2012-06-06, 08:59   Link #31978
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

She already wore that inside, which Ichika complain in his monologue (not shown in anime), apparently, everyone BUT Ichika do just that.
Old 2012-06-06, 09:01   Link #31979
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Question for reference!

Just because someone pilots a highly advanced unit doesn't mean that they know every detail about the machine right? Test pilots in particular?
Old 2012-06-06, 09:03   Link #31980
Eratas123

@ Demi - Yep.

@ Senpai - Can you use it in lieu of underwear?

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest