AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2016-07-11, 07:50   Link #5461
-Hikaru-
(´・ω・`)

So I saw this tweet on Kawahara's twitter.
https://twitter.com/kunori/status/751059584689680384

It basically says that at first he planned to use "Ending" as the name for volume 18 as opposed to "Beginning" of volume 9. Then he decided to change it to "Lasting" since it kind of means "to be continued" rather than an end. But Alicization will still end at vol 18.

Does this mean we can hope for the next arc that was teased before?
-Hikaru- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-11, 08:25   Link #5462
KnightShade

Pretty much there would be a final volume notice by now. I just hope he doesnt change his mind keeps sao separate from aw after this.
Old 2016-08-10, 04:14   Link #5463
Sacredus

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...n-2017/.105213
There will be new arc... I would be happy from this since publisher in my country is on 10th Vol. already but their translation is so weak that it's better to wait for Yen Press and they will get into new arc in few years :/
Sacredus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-10, 06:52   Link #5464
AP24

Does Alicization in the LN end the same way in the WN?
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-10, 09:38   Link #5465
BreadnButter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
Does Alicization in the LN end the same way in the WN?

Spoiler for End:
BreadnButter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-10, 10:15   Link #5466
AP24

What if the series will continue under new title?
Old 2016-08-10, 20:43   Link #5467
-Hikaru-
(´・ω・`)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
What if the series will continue under new title?
Unlikely. The name "SAO" sells after all.
-Hikaru- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-11, 21:48   Link #5468
Wipe

what's Yuuki-chan say in this pic from V.18

Spoiler for Yuuki:
Wipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-11, 21:58   Link #5469
AP24

^"It will be okay. I'm always here beside you."

This happens when Asuna uses Mother's Rosario in Vol 18.
Old 2016-09-09, 10:40   Link #5470
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

http://dengekibunko.jp/newreleases/978-4-04-892487-0/

New Alternative volume but it's not Gun Gale anymore. Also has a different author and artist. Author is Watase Souichirou and artist is Ginta. Looking at the synopsis, it seems to be about the Sleeping Knights, Yuki's guild.
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-09, 11:13   Link #5471
KnightShade

^pass. Give me more llenn ggo stuff and not mary sukki drivel.
Old 2016-09-09, 11:22   Link #5472
DragonOsman
Dragon King

@Sacredus: There's a new arc after Alicization in the LN? Or are you referring to an anime-only arc? If it's the former, it'd be great.

On the SAO LN ending, I hope we at least see Kazuto/Kirito and Asuna officially permanently hook up and get married. Though I do worry for what will happen to the other girls who love Kazuto. If he's going to stay with only Asuna, and maybe also Alice as far as Underworld is concerned, it'd be good if the girls moved on to other guys. I don't think this series should be a True Harem because Kazuto only loves Asuna (and maybe also Alice - in Underworld, when he was a kid raised there, his memories from the real world were kept dormant by the Rath staff, and I get the feeling that he fell in love with Alice while he was there, even though he doesn't seem to remember now).

How many of you guys are reading Defan's translations of Alicization, and have also read all of Tap's ones? They're all available in Mamue's archive and Tap's and Defan's respective blogs. I've read all of them.
Old 2016-09-09, 11:59   Link #5473
Zanfow

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
@Sacredus: There's a new arc after Alicization in the LN? Or are you referring to an anime-only arc? If it's the former, it'd be great.

On the SAO LN ending, I hope we at least see Kazuto/Kirito and Asuna officially permanently hook up and get married. Though I do worry for what will happen to the other girls who love Kazuto. If he's going to stay with only Asuna, and maybe also Alice as far as Underworld is concerned, it'd be good if the girls moved on to other guys. I don't think this series should be a True Harem because Kazuto only loves Asuna (and maybe also Alice - in Underworld, when he was a kid raised there, his memories from the real world were kept dormant by the Rath staff, and I get the feeling that he fell in love with Alice while he was there, even though he doesn't seem to remember now).

How many of you guys are reading Defan's translations of Alicization, and have also read all of Tap's ones? They're all available in Mamue's archive and Tap's and Defan's respective blogs. I've read all of them.
It was confirmed at the end of volume 18 of the LN that there will be a new LN arc in 2017.

As far as i can remember there was no mention of Kirito falling in love with Alice during his childhood in Underworld and he should remember what happened during that time since Eugeo touched him with Alice Schulberg memory fragment or something.

Also there are some new illustrations on the SAO wikia twitter. One of them shows Kirito, Eugeo, Alice and Asuna on space. It seems that the next arc will be the space Underwold like the end of the WN.
Zanfow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-09, 12:06   Link #5474
Valgaaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post

Kirito and Asuna stay together and we probabaly gonna see wedding at the end of the series. Also there is no harem/bigamy/polygamy relationship in neither real world or underworld. True, there are other girls interested in Kirito, but he is only focused on Asuna. As for Alice there is NOTHING ROMANTIC between her and Kirto. Both treat each other as comrades in fight and nothing more.

Author is declared KiriAsu fan and harem hater. Plus in one of the interviews, he said that he would like to see them married. So for once and for all, I ask everyone to stop confusing fans by giving imposible shipping theories.

If there is still someone doubtful, I recomend visiting sword art online wiki page. There is thread where reliable contibutors explained everything. I would copy link but I am not sure if it is not against rules.
Valgaaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-09, 12:17   Link #5475
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgaaf View Post
As for Alice there is NOTHING ROMANTIC between her and Kirto. Both treat each other as comrades in fight and nothing more.
You're making no sense. Alice has a humongous crush on Kirito. Not sure about Kirito's feelings, but he seemed more concious of her than he was about any other girl besides Asuna. That's something.
Old 2016-09-09, 12:20   Link #5476
Valgaaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
You're making no sense. Alice has a humongous crush on Kirito.
And your evidence is?
Old 2016-09-09, 12:21   Link #5477
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgaaf View Post
And your evidence is?
The LN. Go read it.
Old 2016-09-09, 12:21   Link #5478
ninjastarforcex
Read My Sig :)

everyone has a crush on kirito, he is our gary stu harem king after all
Old 2016-09-09, 12:25   Link #5479
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah, she does. Reread Chapter 20 of Volume 17, and look at how she reacted to Asuna telling her that she and Kirito have dated. She got all flustered and competitive when she noticed the romantic connotation in that word.

So yeah, Alice does love Kirito. She's Asuna's greatest rival.

But I do hope that the ending of SAO is either Kirito/Kazuto x Asuna or Kirito/Kazuto x Asuna x Alice. No True Harem or open-ending.

What are the chances of us seeing more of ALO and the conquering of New Aincrad (ALO's Aincrad) in the new arc of the LN?

@Zanfow: Thanks for the information. I'm pretty sure he only remembered a small amount of the stuff about his time in the Underworld when Eugeo did what you said there. It's only a fragment of Alice's memories, too, so how would Kirito remember everything from that? He doesn't any memory of the time he spent in Underworld as a kid.

Edit: One post late.
I can see him being a Gary Stu, but I don't see him actually becoming a Harem King. Even if all the female main characters are romantically interested in him. Like I said, he loves only Asuna - and maybe also Alice.
Old 2016-09-09, 12:26   Link #5480
Valgaaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
The LN. Go read it.
If you are so knowlegable, do you think you could enlighten me, I give examples from LN where we can see that Alice has crush on Kirito. Kawahara said that only 2% of her feelings for Kirito are special. The rest are loyalty and admiration.

Also, if anything, I would call Kirto (fake)harem king.

Tags
action, harem, kirito, non-harem, possible harem, romance, shounen, tragedy, virtual reality