AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-05-06, 20:23   Link #301
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by daku_noroi View Post
“The loneliest people are the kindest. The
saddest people smile the brightest. The
most damaged people are the wisest. All
because they do not wish to see anyone
else suffer the way they do.”
nothing just want to quote it
8man said that? That's quite beautiful.
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-06, 20:38   Link #302
daku_noroi
★_★

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
8man said that? That's quite beautiful.
actually no just saw it and it makes me think about 8man quite fitting right?
daku_noroi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-06, 20:42   Link #303
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by daku_noroi View Post
actually no just saw it and it makes me think about 8man quite fitting right?
Cool. So who said it? I'd look it up myself, but for some reason my Google's down and the others are crap.
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-06, 20:47   Link #304
daku_noroi
★_★

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
Cool. So who said it? I'd look it up myself, but for some reason my Google's down and the others are crap.
ah.. i think its anonymous.
daku_noroi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-06, 20:50   Link #305
Ghanw
(-_-)

Looks like i found a new favorite quote, and yes it does fit 8man very well.
Ghanw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-06, 21:32   Link #306
csuree
The Most Hated™

I think i can argue here a little bit about the quote.

At first this may be true...but no matter how you look at it ..after a while you become sour and dark....and you will not become happy again...
when darkness takes a hold on you and gradually grows with you.....then it is a time.....when you get to the point of no return.....only in special cases you come back miraculously.

Hachiman did get to this point, judging by his quotes and reasonings...but the people around him helped him find his way back.
Old 2013-05-07, 01:34   Link #307
terribad

Quote:
Originally Posted by daku noroi View Post
“The loneliest people are the kindest. The
saddest people smile the brightest. The
most damaged people are the wisest. All
because they do not wish to see anyone
else suffer the way they do.”
nothing just want to quote it
I think the quote has some truth to it. People tend to feel something for others who have similar experiences to themselves. I argue it's because everything is relative in other words humans always need some sort of reference for understanding. I'm not saying that if you haven't experienced something similar to others you can't feel something for them. This is where creativity is active as we can piece together personal experiences until we get a suitable approximation. However this can be not only inaccurate but slow, because you may have to think about it, compared to the knee jerk reactions when some emotion "hits you" so to speak. A person suffering like described has plenty of references for emotionally understanding others pain. So one has not just reason but a strong emotion to drive one's decisions for others. The "good" decisions have been argued but depending on the person there is the "bad." The person in question now has a larger arsenal to potentially hurt others as well as help others. Then the decision, good or bad, depends on the person and situation at the time of the decision. Note that the purely kind or the selfless tend to suffer by secular standards because their well being is often second to others. So I argue that it's more along the lines of kindness leads to suffering, instead of suffering leads to kindness. I also think suffering tends to lead to what csuree described but again that depends on the person.
terribad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-07, 03:59   Link #308
icebreaker

I actually came to a different understanding of Volume 7 compared to previous posters in this thread and those pastebin spoilers. Almost every sentence in the latter part of the volume has double meanings it hurts my brain trying to understand it. I’ll just post what I understood down here.

I think you would need to read the spoiler on Volume 7 to understand this analysis.
Spoiler for LONG ANALYSIS ON VOLUME 7:

What was I reading again? A mystery novel? Good job to Watari in making this extremely complicated and interesting.

Last edited by icebreaker; 2013-05-16 at 01:22.
icebreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-07, 04:59   Link #309
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

That's why I keep hoping for the translation to keep up.. you guys always mentioned that there's so many underlying meanings throughout the novels. That can't be understood easily just by looking at the summary

It can be assumed that he's trying to protect Yui too because it'll be bad if they'd gone out.. though I doubt that's the case here.

Hachiman is really flawed in a sense that he's rotten.. If you give up all the necessary details though, the plot of his romance with Yui sounds like typical shoujo story You know, the part where the girl keeps saying that she didn't deserve his love or smth

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-07, 05:05   Link #310
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by icebreaker View Post
~ snipped ~
what? was this series always so full of subtleties? and such a complicated relationship net...... you make me want to read it
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-07, 05:55   Link #311
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
what? was this series always so full of subtleties? and such a complicated relationship net...... you make me want to read it
I feel that some of the big hooks of the novel are :

- Some characters have very peculiar stands about matters, those stands come from their very own experiences (Jojo pun intended), however as the reader we don't know the details until a compatible situation is brought up (which adds a very fun layer to whoever you are reading about).

- In a similar note, some characters interpersonal relationships are being hinted at early on, but only unveiled through events--- but details are scarce, thus you don't get the whole situation dumped upon you right of the bat, but rather it's about having to theorize about it, gathering bits from here and there as you go on through the story.

So yeah, the author can be subtle about somethings, and he has "plan" on which he is unveiling stuff.
Old 2013-05-07, 06:33   Link #312
csuree
The Most Hated™

ohhh. this is getting interesting.......

so a lot of people caught on Yui trying to get 8man, even he knows......but he chooses to ignore it...and instead goes kamikaze.

well, If Yui told him that thing: (Quote from icebreaker)
“Think more about how others (I) would feel….” “Especially when you know so much (about human relationships), why can’t you understand something as simple as this (about how I feel)” “If it’s (Our friendship could only be maintained) like that, I don’t want it”.

I am curious about 8man's response to this.....
He is fully aware of his actions......all the people around him are fully aware of the relationship between the 2, they even find out(the service club and Hayato's clique) at the end that this was a fake confession (even Yui), so volume 8 might see some more dramatic development(if the main plot will advance).

Well it is true what was said earlier in the series......these trips tend to have a greater meaning and they change relationships. Well it did(in a negative way). Now the fallout will be somewhat different.

Also knowing that even Miura knows about Yui, and she also cares for her friends, means that sometime, she will talk to 8man in private I think, to scold him or something along those lines

And by the way it is more like 8man thinks that he is not worthy to be loved by such a great girl like Yui, that is why he had done this.

Kawasaki Saki also likes 8man?.... well it is something I hardly thought of (maybe because in the summaries no such flag was raised).

Well because everybody in the circle of 8man knows how he really is, might also turn out to be good because at any moment they will band together "against" 8man and they will "shatter" his little bubble.

I also wanted to note objectively to those who are in favor of Yukinon x Hachiman that Yui had a lot more flags to begin with, she is directly approaching him, as for Yukinon she hardly at volume 6 accepted Hachiman as a "friend" so she is like far from developing a romantic relationship with him.
Old 2013-05-07, 06:34   Link #313
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

I have a feeling that the author's fully aware of this particular quote.
Old 2013-05-07, 07:00   Link #314
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
I am curious about 8man's response to this.....
Well basically...
Spoiler:

Old 2013-05-07, 07:16   Link #315
icebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
Well basically...
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Here:

Basically speaking he has no response to that.
Old 2013-05-07, 07:28   Link #316
csuree
The Most Hated™

Well all is about how you interpret it......

I can say it fairly sure that you can interpret the text also as Yui giving up on him.....I can't decide if it is her love or the friendship but it can be both.

It would be sad to see this but this is why I said that all the others will band together and will play the "wingmen" and bring them together.

He looking up at the sky.....regret.....he just lost something precious and he looks for answers somewhere....(source: me.....I tend to look in the distance or at the sky too in times like these, when I regret something)
Old 2013-05-07, 07:31   Link #317
iCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by icebreaker View Post
I actually came to a different understanding of Volume 7 compared to previous posters in this thread and those pastebin spoilers. Almost every sentence in the latter part of the volume has double meanings it hurts my brain trying to understand it. I’ll just post what I understood down here.

I think you would need to read the spoiler on Volume 7 to understand this analysis.
Spoiler for LONG ANALYSIS ON VOLUME 7:

What was I reading again? A mystery novel? Good job to Watari in making this extremely complicated and interesting.
The Yukino thing, I don't know if I still consider it as a flag for her, but she still doesn't like it when 8man confesses to others.. I believe it can still be interpreted in two different ways, She doesn't like it it when 8man "goes" for other girls or she hates it because of Yui. "I can't say why line" is a big factor.
iCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-07, 07:55   Link #318
icebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCK View Post
The Yukino thing, I don't know if I still consider it as a flag for her, but she still doesn't like it when 8man confesses to others.. I believe it can still be interpreted in two different ways, She doesn't like it it when 8man "goes" for other girls or she hates it because of Yui. "I can't say why line" is a big factor.
That isn't possible because everyone (Service club + Hayato's clique) understands that confession is fake and the true purpose of it, no one would make fun of him for that confession, and she wouldn't have been angry if Hachiman only did that to stop Tobe. Yukino, Yui, Hachiman and Hayato (and possibly Miura) are the only ones who knows about the Yui thing.
Old 2013-05-07, 07:58   Link #319
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

^
You mean Tobe also understand the purpose of that instead of being dense?

Old 2013-05-07, 08:07   Link #320
icebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
^
You mean Tobe also understand the purpose of that instead of being dense?
From the looks of it, I believe so. And Ebina understood too.

Tags
club, comedy, delayed release date, dramedy, fake harem, gagaga bunko, harem, hinedere, kuuderes, philosophy, romance, school life, slice of life, social psychology, train wreck