AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Old 2014-11-18, 15:44   Link #2401
Shikou
ex-Hinamizawa Resident

THey've covered a big chunk of the Higurashi arcs that I've lost track which they haven't done yet.
Shikou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-18, 15:45   Link #2402
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

I think what they have done so far is enough. Higurashi has way too many side-stories.
Levani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-18, 17:57   Link #2403
Shikou
ex-Hinamizawa Resident

I guess the more important ones are the main 8. How big are the omnibus ones anyway? Are they really so heavy like a brick?
PS3 0/2 PSP cancelled
Old 2014-11-18, 18:53   Link #2404
TheGuraGuraMan

They've "just" done the arcs that counts in the official serie (Beyond Midnight included) and Onisarashi. They could cover Hinamizawa Bus, The Kizuna manga (an arc with Tomoe and Natsumi) and obviously Kataribanashi hen.

The Mahjong arcs, Daybreak arcs, Hirukowashi and maybe Utsutsukowashi (tough it was cancelled) would be pretty cool too. There are still many stories of Higurashi that weren't translated on Internet, I would happily take anything.
TheGuraGuraMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-19, 02:49   Link #2405
Katsu Koneko
明日がある

Send a message via AIM to Katsu Koneko
Yeah it would be nice of them if they could publish Hinamizawa Bus Stop and Kataribanashi-hen. I vaguely recall that Yen Press interview talking to Ryukishi and his origins about Higurashi so perhaps... Hinamizawa Bus Stop will have higher chances?

My AnimelistMy DeviantartMy Youtube
Index & Spinx banner Made by Pellissier / Keiichi & Rika Icon Made by Nabiki Asakura
Katsu Koneko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-19, 03:16   Link #2406
Shikou
ex-Hinamizawa Resident

YenPress has been doing a lot of novel translations lately maybe if we're lucky we can get the novels translated too? If I remember right all novels are short stories so maybe they can all be in one book. Im familiar with the length of the novel that comes with the special edition of Higurashi Matsuri and I kinda assume all of them are the same in length.
PS3 0/2 PSP cancelled
Old 2014-11-19, 10:19   Link #2407
TheGuraGuraMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsu Koneko View Post
Yeah it would be nice of them if they could publish Hinamizawa Bus Stop and Kataribanashi-hen. I vaguely recall that Yen Press interview talking to Ryukishi and his origins about Higurashi so perhaps... Hinamizawa Bus Stop will have higher chances?
Well, Xpearse just finished his tl of the VN of Bus Stop, so would rather choose to have a story that hasn't been translated yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikou View Post
YenPress has been doing a lot of novel translations lately maybe if we're lucky we can get the novels translated too? If I remember right all novels are short stories so maybe they can all be in one book. Im familiar with the length of the novel that comes with the special edition of Higurashi Matsuri and I kinda assume all of them are the same in length.

Well, there are only two, The swimming pool one and another that should be a part of Hanyu's arc, but those are from the limited editions of the Matsuri/Kizuna games (or the guide book), not really sure that Yen press could get those. The light novels of the Original serie are a different story tough. And I really like the illustrations in it, so wouldn't mind them.

But again, would rather take Kataribanashi in first, the stories are pretty great.
TheGuraGuraMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-26, 13:11   Link #2408
DevilTrigger

I want to know the context behind these.

http://www.sosg.net/simple/t245064.html

http://bbs.ffsky.com/forum.php?mod=v...ad&tid=1686804

I think the first is from the Kataribanashi manga. I'm pretty sure the second is just a fan-made thing, but I'm not sure.
DevilTrigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-27, 18:18   Link #2409
Daisu
Strange New World
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilTrigger View Post
I want to know the context behind these.

http://www.sosg.net/simple/t245064.html

http://bbs.ffsky.com/forum.php?mod=v...ad&tid=1686804

I think the first is from the Kataribanashi manga. I'm pretty sure the second is just a fan-made thing, but I'm not sure.
First one is book four of Kataribanashi, that I knew off top of my head. When I have time I will look through my collection to see if can find the other.
Old 2017-03-09, 22:47   Link #2410
Daisu
Strange New World
*Graphic Designer

Spoiler for All you need is Love:
Old 2017-04-25, 06:01   Link #2411
st_nick5

Does anyone know anywhere that's still selling new copies of the Higurashi manga? I'm trying to complete my collection, as it looks like they've been discontinued. I just tried buying copies from CDJapan but they just cancelled my order, saying they were unable to get hold of any copies.
st_nick5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-28, 07:48   Link #2412
Daisu
Strange New World
*Graphic Designer

I had bought copies I was missing from www.suruga-ya.jp. What ones were you trying to get?
Old 2017-05-02, 17:05   Link #2413
st_nick5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisu View Post
I had bought copies I was missing from www.suruga-ya.jp. What ones were you trying to get?
I actually managed to get the majority of the ones I'm missing from Mangaoh since I posted. I'm still missing volume 1-2 of Tsumihoroboshi-hen, volume 5-6 of Minagoroshi-hen, and volume 4 of Matsuribayashi-hen. I'll check your link out tomorrow.
Old 2017-05-05, 16:37   Link #2414
st_nick5

Just checked out your link. It looks like the only copies available from there are second hand copies. Do you know anywhere else I might be able to get them new? Tried honto.jp, but they only have e-books available.
Old 2017-05-06, 17:44   Link #2415
Daisu
Strange New World
*Graphic Designer

amazon jp should have lists for new and used...
Old 2017-05-07, 06:30   Link #2416
st_nick5

Only copies they seem to have are used or kindle versions. I'll keep an eye on the other sites, in case they become available again.
Old 2017-05-07, 07:34   Link #2417
Daisu
Strange New World
*Graphic Designer

Well the copies I got from suruga seem okay to me. I have not received a copy that was less then near mint from them they even have the little leaflets on them, majority of my higurashi collection came from them so I highly recommend them. You could look over my collection for quality, though I did use a phone to take pics. English versions though are from conventions and book stores, ones I took picture of are ones I lend out so they are used alot, I have two other full copies of English versions kicking around as well. I have five copies of cotton drifting arc lolz

Also got a few books from my friend who sends me stuff I want from jaunce.com, they been have been mint to very good quality.

Higurashi books seem to be in better quality then other series, stuff like used sailor moon can be horrendous.

Last edited by Daisu; 2017-05-07 at 07:51.
Daisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-14, 07:37   Link #2418
Daisu
Strange New World
*Graphic Designer

Going to Japan aug 20th, going to visit Kyu-Furukawa gardens and Shirakawa village. Then akibara for higurashi books I might be missing
Old 2020-08-27, 06:34   Link #2419
Katsu Koneko
明日がある

Send a message via AIM to Katsu Koneko
Friendly reminder, Tomato Akase will be working on the new manga starting Oct 2.

Spoiler for New Manga:

My AnimelistMy DeviantartMy Youtube
Index & Spinx banner Made by Pellissier / Keiichi & Rika Icon Made by Nabiki Asakura
Katsu Koneko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-17, 00:19   Link #2420
Marina2

Ok, so Meguri version of Satokowashi-hen has changed and improved many things from Gou/Sotsu.

Spoiler for Chapter 1-3: