AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2009-11-01, 14:07   Link #4221
zodanhko
*ignoring*

"Silly" chapters or not, Hinagiku still had her "spot-light" to develop her characters or "spot-light" for the heck of it, more than any other characters. I never complaint about the amount of time she had for her "spot-light," maybe not before. Lmao

As for Athena, you don't/can't undergo character developments in two days especially with what she had been through. And here, someone (Hina-fan) is complaining about her wasting the amount of time provided for her not developing or not doing anything...

I like her long hair...awesomeness!!!

Last edited by zodanhko; 2009-11-01 at 14:18.
zodanhko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-01, 14:20   Link #4222
Rah
Are you a lolicon? :3

Sure, but like I said, she's gonna get more time as of now. Who knows, even months might pass? (in-manga-time of course) If not, then perhaps her time in the manga will have more value, and development than the rest? Perhaps it will be more compact?

2 days...

Uhmm... I think it's why we have the whole 10 year back-story. She doesn't need much character interaction, because her lone purpose is to combat the evil inside her, to fulfill her goal (family related stuff - who knows?), and then there's Hayate...

You certainly don't expect her to star in a comedy scene with the Hakuo trio, or to be caught doing something silly, do you? Well, we don't know much about her character so we can't jump to conclusions about what she would or wouldn't do...

And if Hata goes on about what she did during the 10 years, well... let's hope not. That would drag on things soooo much...

Generic Example: Does she know how to cook? Show us a scene how she has trouble making a cup ramen. lol

And then when Machi asks her what's she doing, she gets all irritated over how he pokes fun at her since she can't do it. She then slams him with her fan, and orders him to make dinner. ^^;

Wait, that would be similar to Nagi.. oh, wait! Machi eating her cooking... hmhm.. and since he's a snake he's got natural poison resistance! :>
Rah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-01, 14:28   Link #4223
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Where are we going here?

I think the "development" officially begins with her interaction with Hayate again after 10 years, same for Hayate. Hayate is the only person who can make her moves forward, vis versa, mentally speaking.
Old 2009-11-01, 14:53   Link #4224
Rah

Dunno.

I'm hungry... :<

She was introduced and developed in the EoTW arc, but since it's been 10 years, it's also true that her new development has begun just now. Since nothing is known about her in the past 10 years and so...

Perhaps we'll see some spoilers tomorrow, or perhaps the raw already? I wanna see how Machi turns out... I wouldn't mind him to look like Orochimaru, tbh.
Old 2009-11-01, 16:20   Link #4225
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah View Post
Yeah, but Hina got only normal "silly" chapters, while Athena is getting only serious ones that actually move the story, because she's one of the "main characters", deeply related to the root of the whole plot. Hina, on the other hand is just a filler character that got unexpected popularity, and was thus used more (than perhaps intended) - Hata said as well that he didn't expect her to become that popular. Athena now has all the time in the world to develop. She might be present in every, if not every second chapter. So much, that you'd get sick of her.
Dear mother of god FINALLY someone other than me says what I've been telling everyone for soooooooooo long...im a little overwhelmed
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-01, 17:30   Link #4226
Rah

*ahem*

Yup, buuuuutttttt~~~ xD since she gained such overwhelming popularity, she might actually get included in the main story. Perhaps she already is.

What I mean by that is that in the beginning Hata had an idea in mind. He had a plan of sorts how everything would unfold, but then the unexpected happened, and this plan is (or might be) changing.

The primary characters (integral to the plot) are: Athena, Nagi, Maria, and of course Hayate.

Dunno where Isumin' fits.
She didn't do anything against Midas, so... dunno... :/

Other characters of importance are: Midas, Himegami, Mikado, Hayate's brother, sacrifices? (Yukariko, Athena's parents, whatever..), Hayate's parents? - These characters have, or will have an important role in the whole plot.

Filler: Ayumu, Hinagiku, Hakuo Trio, Klaus, Tama, everyone else... - These characters are decorations, advice givers, motivators... etc...

Since everything is changing, I don't know if it's like that anymore. Hata might tweak the story and make filler characters play important roles. Who knows?

Oh, and: Hinagiku > Athena
Old 2009-11-01, 17:56   Link #4227
Used Can

I think it is incorrect to call Hinagiku a filler character when the story is basically plotless. Otherwise, any character that's not somewhat related to the RG and all this deal - i.e. most of the characters - would be a filler character.
Old 2009-11-01, 19:51   Link #4228
Wolfnagi
Ojou-sama Familiar!!!!!!!

All that I understand is that the spoiler tell us that a snake is behind Athena but why, of all thing must be a snake??
Old 2009-11-01, 20:55   Link #4229
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolftsaufi View Post
why, of all thing must be a snake??
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erichthonius_of_Athens
Old 2009-11-01, 21:10   Link #4230
Rah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
*wipes thigh with a scrap of wool*

Sup, Machi?

Dumbest myth ever...
Old 2009-11-01, 21:24   Link #4231
Wolfnagi

WTH, Machi is kinda Athena(the god one) daugther!!
I agreed with Emperor Rah, dumbest myth ever!!

Last edited by Wolfnagi; 2009-11-01 at 21:35.
Wolfnagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-01, 21:58   Link #4232
leoblack9
Your fagottry, I hate it!

Hephaestus = Midas?

So Machina is Midas' Son?

Cool Story Bro
Old 2009-11-01, 22:00   Link #4233
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

i am still waiting for my saint seiya parody.
Old 2009-11-01, 22:00   Link #4234
Wolfnagi

Was't Midas only had a daughter or sort of??
Old 2009-11-01, 22:04   Link #4235
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolftsaufi View Post
Was't Midas only had a daughter or sort of??
Yes
inb4 Machina is actually a girl.
Old 2009-11-01, 22:53   Link #4236
Rah

Well, fuck.

Now I can't get the image of Machi lightly running through a sparkling flower field (like in a dream) towards Midas, with arms wide open, the biggest smile painted on his face, saying PaPa! PaPa!, while Midas in response (in huge skeleton form at that) does the same. Then they hug and spin around...

NO! THAT'S WRONG! WRONG! WRONG! WRONG! ERASE IT! ERASE ITTTTTT!!! ARGGGHHH!!

Maybe I can clear my mind if I read again every chapter of Bleach... *shiver*
Old 2009-11-01, 23:47   Link #4237
Used Can

Guess who will be the newest addition to Hayate's harem?
Old 2009-11-02, 00:33   Link #4238
Koroshiya_Kame_13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Guess who will be the newest addition to Hayate's harem?
Don't you think think he already has enough?

Last edited by Koroshiya_Kame_13; 2009-11-02 at 00:49.
Koroshiya_Kame_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 00:59   Link #4239
Rah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koroshiya_Kame_13 View Post
Don't you think think he already has enough?
Oh, you drunk. <3

Nop. He doesn't have enough boyfriends. Guess we might see some competition between Kotetsu and Machina.
Old 2009-11-02, 01:03   Link #4240
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah View Post
Guess we might see some competition between Kotetsu and Machina.
No Klaus? Bullshit!!!

Tags
comedy, shounen