AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-11-23, 14:04   Link #2601
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by MushroomSamba View Post
Okay, you gotta admit, that song was pretty cheesy, lol.

It's almost time for the Cell Games, folks! Time sure flies.
Trunks is from the future and there it's probably pretty popular. Tough to be ahead of the times .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
The insert song wasn't too bad, but honestly it should've been saved for a badass Goku fight or something. It doesn't really fit Trunks' super serious style.

Still, very enjoyable fight. Let's see just how much they can trim down the 10 days before the beginning of the Cell games in Kai. It took 10 episodes in Z, but with all the filler in it, they should thankfully be able to make it a lot shorter.

But Tenshinhan is the strongest human in the series, so it makes sense that at least he would have the honor of being part of Cell.

*stealthily opens up can of worms*
Don't think it's much of a can of worms to be opening. Really who is going to be challenging Tien for the top human category? Krillin? Think any claims he had went down the toilet when he sold the Earth's survival for a potential date .

Hopefully we can trim down things leading up to the Cell Games. Really looking forward to the fights that are just around the corner.
Old 2010-11-23, 14:05   Link #2602
LuckyCat
Wise Kitty Cat

Quote:
But Tenshinhan is the strongest human in the series, so it makes sense that at least he would have the honor of being part of Cell.

*stealthily opens up can of worms*
Well, the point is, it's not canon and adding Tien's moves only makes for some boring filler. Tien was strong, sure, but so was Nappa.
LuckyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-23, 14:50   Link #2603
ChainLegacy
廉頗

What filler revolved around Tien's cells?
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-23, 14:50   Link #2604
Ahiru77
あひる

Trunks and his song makes watching this episode in the best quality worth it.

The Goku fight later on was rather stretchy and dull in comparison. He should have send Gohan right away. xD

The shark jumped btw.
Ahiru77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-23, 15:16   Link #2605
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiosai View Post
It's stated that his cells are taken from certain characters ranked as the strongest fighters in the universe. If you start throwing everyone in, it sort of dilutes Cell's character.
Except no one's cells were taken other than those on Earth.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-23, 15:51   Link #2606
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
According to Yamcha, Krillin is the strongest earthling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
What filler revolved around Tien's cells?
Cell used Tien's multi-form technique against Goku.
Old 2010-11-23, 15:53   Link #2607
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Yamcha was also talking to Krillin's kid. You always tell kids their dad is the strongest.

Besides, when was the last time Yamcha was right about anything?
Old 2010-11-23, 15:57   Link #2608
Vicious108

Quote:
I'm well aware, hence the can of worms comment.

And unfortunately for Yamucha, I'm not as gullible as Marron.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-23, 15:59   Link #2609
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Cell used Tien's multi-form technique against Goku.
Which i thought was a pretty cool part of the fight.

Really, i have nothing against the added filler for Goku vs Cell. For me it just added more material to an awesome fight. It'll be interesting to see what Kai removes, because it's obviously not going to last as long as it did in Z, which was 4/5 episodes.
Old 2010-11-23, 16:03   Link #2610
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Which i thought was a pretty cool part of the fight.
...Seriously? Goku had already proven the major flaw in that technique ages ago. Cell, who is supposed to have become oh so intelligent by becoming Perfect, relying on it is totally out of character and completely contradicts the insight he showed in this episode's fight, realizing the flaw in Trunks' transformation right off the bat.

I agree that Goku vs Cell is a great fight though. One of the best fights in the series and definitely better than Gohan vs Cell, which can barely be called one.
Old 2010-11-23, 16:27   Link #2611
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Yamcha was also talking to Krillin's kid. You always tell kids their dad is the strongest.

Besides, when was the last time Yamcha was right about anything?
Quote:
I'm well aware, hence the can of worms comment.

And unfortunately for Yamucha, I'm not as gullible as Marron.
But that statement is the only thing we have to go by when assessing how Krillin and Tien compare to each other. Toriyama put it in for a reason, even though it may have been poorly thought out on his part.
Old 2010-11-23, 16:34   Link #2612
ChainLegacy
廉頗

What it comes down to is what causes a greater increase in power - training with King Kai (Tien), or the power-up from the Namekian Guru (Krillin)? Tien also seems to be a lot more serious regarding training, and was more powerful than Krillin at the end of Dragonball. The Guru vs. King Kai issue is too ambiguous to quantify, but given the other factors I'd say Tien has the advantage. He's certainly perfected the Kikouho, which would probably KO Krillin if they were ever in such a serious confrontation.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-23, 16:37   Link #2613
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
What it comes down to is what causes a greater increase in power - training with King Kai (Tien), or the power-up from the Namekian Guru (Krillin)? Tien also seems to be a lot more serious regarding training, and was more powerful than Krillin at the end of Dragonball. The Guru vs. King Kai issue is too ambiguous to quantify, but given the other factors I'd say Tien has the advantage. He's certainly perfected the Kikouho, which would probably KO Krillin if they were ever in such a serious confrontation.
You've summed it up nicely. That's what it really comes down to, but Krillin has the edge all because of Yamcha's statement. Anything else is speculation.

Tien may have his Kikouho, but Krillin has his Kienzan which can cut through virtually anything.
Old 2010-11-23, 16:52   Link #2614
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
You've summed it up nicely. That's what it really comes down to, but Krillin has the edge all because of Yamcha's statement. Anything else is speculation.

Tien may have his Kikouho, but Krillin has his Kienzan which can cut through virtually anything.
I think that's reading way too much into Yamcha's statement. When was the last time that guy was in a fight that lasted more than 10 seconds? Plus he's not exactly the sharpest tool in the shed anyways. Can say that statement was put in for a reason, but that reason is speculation either way. The Kienzan certainly is effective, but long as you don't pull a Cell and just stand there it's hardly unavoidable.
Old 2010-11-23, 17:02   Link #2615
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I think that's reading way too much into Yamcha's statement. When was the last time that guy was in a fight that lasted more than 10 seconds? Plus he's not exactly the sharpest tool in the shed anyways. Can say that statement was put in for a reason, but that reason is speculation either way. The Kienzan certainly is effective, but long as you don't pull a Cell and just stand there it's hardly unavoidable.
But that statement is at least SOMETHING. There's absolutely nothing indicating Tien is stronger than Krillin after getting his potential unlocked by Guru.

Tien's Kikouho isn't exactly hard to avoid either. He has to lock on to his opponent first, and even then there's still time to dodge afterward. Remember that Cell and Buu just stood there when they got hit.
Old 2010-11-23, 17:13   Link #2616
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
...Seriously? Goku had already proven the major flaw in that technique ages ago. Cell, who is supposed to have become oh so intelligent by becoming Perfect, relying on it is totally out of character and completely contradicts the insight he showed in this episode's fight, realizing the flaw in Trunks' transformation right off the bat.
Oh i know all that , i'm just saying that the added filler makes for more entertainment.
Old 2010-11-23, 17:17   Link #2617
GDB

Quote:
Krillin has the edge all because of Yamcha's statement. Anything else is speculation.
Keep in mind, when Yamcha said that, it had been 7 years since anyone had seen Tien. Furthermore, Krillin presumably stopped training (or at least serious training) during that time, whereas Tien was obviously continuing his training.
Old 2010-11-23, 17:21   Link #2618
Vicious108

Well I guess the can of worms was successful even with me giving its purpose away on purpose. People are so eager when it comes to power level debates.

Quote:
But that statement is the only thing we have to go by when assessing how Krillin and Tien compare to each other. Toriyama put it in for a reason, even though it may have been poorly thought out on his part.
I'm sure he did, but that reason might very well be to show that Yamucha is a nice guy who cheers up kids when they're afraid their dad is gonna get beat up by a giant fat guy.

Accepting a random character, especially a minor one who's always been anything but bright, as an omniscient narrator is utter bollocks, and it pains me to see how people defending Kuririn always cling to that little line as their infallible proof of, well, anything, every time this argument comes up (which, somehow, happens more often than you'd think).

And I disagree that that statement is all that we have to go by. There's also a little something called common sense. Surely it doesn't serve as definitive proof, but in no way does Yamucha's statement do either, so it's fair game.

Quote:
Oh i know all that , i'm just saying that the added filler makes for more entertainment.
I agree, but that's for good filler, which the addition in question was not. =/

They removed Piccolo and Kuririn using it against Nappa, so I'm hoping they'll remove it for Goku vs Cell too (the rest of the filler in that fight was fine though, as far as I can remember).
Old 2010-11-23, 17:24   Link #2619
LuckyCat
Wise Kitty Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Except no one's cells were taken other than those on Earth.
And even the spy robot on Earth had standards as it dismissed Trunk's cells.
Quote:
Really, i have nothing against the added filler for Goku vs Cell. For me it just added more material to an awesome fight. It'll be interesting to see what Kai removes, because it's obviously not going to last as long as it did in Z, which was 4/5 episodes.
I do have to agree here. Cell games was of one of the arcs of Z I could enjoy without fast-forwarding. My gripe with Cell having Tien's cells is that it creates an inconsistency with Cell underestimating the Kikouhou.

Also, if you follow the manga's story, no humans were used to make Cell, which seriously backfired considering how strong the Saiyan-Human hybrid Gohan was.
LuckyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-23, 17:31   Link #2620
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Accepting a random character, especially a minor one who's always been anything but bright, as an omniscient narrator is utter bollocks, and it pains me to see how people defending Kuririn always cling to that little line as their infallible proof of, well, anything, every time this argument comes up (which, somehow, happens more often than you'd think).
It's a big stretch to call Yamcha a random character. He's been around since the very beginning. He's at least able to grasp how strong someone is as long as they're reasonably close to his level.

And the Tien supporters have no evidence suggesting he's stronger than Krillin. As it stands, Toriyama's words which are conveyed through his characters are paramount.