AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-24, 13:20   Link #3061
maximilianjenus
[E]

just swap will out
Old 2012-02-24, 13:39   Link #3062
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azule View Post
but that could be subbed for a Dash Cancel and wasn't really needed.
Dash Cancels reduce combo damage.
Old 2012-02-24, 14:43   Link #3063
LyricalAura
Dea ex Kakera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tong View Post
Dash Cancels reduce combo damage.
Dash Cancels also require a full touch meter.
Old 2012-02-24, 14:53   Link #3064
Eriko 556

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
just swap will out
No, no. You see: I used touch and changed Will for my Reverse. Then my Reverse had, for some minutes, SP Cancel.

How can I use SP Cancel? Just change my Reverse for Will, again?
Old 2012-02-24, 15:02   Link #3065
Rayneing
Trombe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eriko 556 View Post
No, no. You see: I used touch and changed Will for my Reverse. Then my Reverse had, for some minutes, SP Cancel.

How can I use SP Cancel? Just change my Reverse for Will, again?
After swapping Will out, after the SP Cancel message comes up, all you need to try is try and combo a special move into a super move, the same way you'd combo a normal move into a special move. Like doing Battler's uppercut into the super version of his uppercut should work.
Old 2012-02-24, 15:10   Link #3066
Eriko 556

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayneing View Post
After swapping Will out, after the SP Cancel message comes up, all you need to try is try and combo a special move into a super move, the same way you'd combo a normal move into a special move. Like doing Battler's uppercut into the super version of his uppercut should work.
So.... Let's see if I get it:
1. Change Will for my Reverse
2. Reverse has SP Cancel
3. My Reverse uses a normal attack
4. Attack becomes an 1SP attack

Am I right? If I don't, then I don't get it. I am sorry.
I think R07 needed to have put an example of how to use Will's SP Cancel in his demonstration video.
Old 2012-02-24, 15:23   Link #3067
Nanashi_1337

3. Your reverse uses a special attack
4. You do a super attack right after the special attack hits to skip cooldown and pull a super attack (aka SP cancel)

Should be like this.
Old 2012-02-24, 16:31   Link #3068
maximilianjenus
[E]

just tell us which characters you use so we can suggest cancels, like i use lucifer so I do her qcf + X rekka and cancel it to her sp2
Old 2012-02-25, 00:24   Link #3069
cronnoponno

Wills special in the video with Lambda as his partner(meta) did 765 damage, it does this much in-game as well.

So can we assume Lambdas ability does not increase meta super damage?
Old 2012-02-25, 03:23   Link #3070
Walterion

Quote:
Originally Posted by cronnoponno View Post
Wills special in the video with Lambda as his partner(meta) did 765 damage, it does this much in-game as well.

So can we assume Lambdas ability does not increase meta super damage?
No meta super damage increased.

Actually, we could start the speculations rolling already.
Old 2012-02-25, 06:03   Link #3071
verona230

Hm, somehow the mediafire patch is not downloading at all.
And with my copy-paste method of installing... Well, it doesn't look like I'm going to see Will soon
Tried to reinstall Cross, but still the setup doesn't work.
Old 2012-02-25, 06:18   Link #3072
Azule
Golden Witch

Send a message via AIM to Azule Send a message via MSN to Azule
Just following up my previous comment, it may extend the combo, but I don't think wasting 2SP for it during a combo is worth that. Granted, a Dash Cancel does need a full touch gauge, but more often than not, your touch gauge is going to be full, unless you've done an Attack Touch/been hit by Detachment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walterion View Post
No meta super damage increased.

Actually, we could start the speculations rolling already.
I always thought that it was Bern's Meta Boost who would increase Meta Super damage. And being as it only works on Meta Supers, i'd expect a drastic increase.No, like Lambda's power of certainty, I think it should be something that counters Beatrice's ability. After all, there's already so much thought into abilities that i'd expect Ultra PER to be related to certainty.
Maybe Ultra PER could mean Ultra Person, and you can't hit them with an SP move whilst it's active?
Old 2012-02-25, 06:25   Link #3073
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Am I right? If I don't, then I don't get it. I am sorry.
I think R07 needed to have put an example of how to use Will's SP Cancel in his demonstration video.
It isn't an ability that automatically change an attack to something else. It is an ability that -allows- you to perform something that isn't supposed to work: special attack (attack that requires a specific input) => SP attack (strengthened special using SP).
Or
special attack => Meta Super

Simple example:

Battler's blue truth (236 A/B/C, his hadoken) => Battler blue truth SP (236 AB).

Instead of waiting the first move complete animation before launching the SP one, you can directly cancel it into the SP version with SP cancel.
Really, the initial explanation is that straightforward, you are overcomplicating it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azule View Post
Just following up my previous comment, it may extend the combo, but I don't think wasting 2SP for it during a combo is worth that. Granted, a Dash Cancel does need a full touch gauge, but more often than not, your touch gauge is going to be full, unless you've done an Attack Touch/been hit by Detachment.
You can't call that a waste: the simple combo extention allows you to extend the possibility to stun the opponent -and- refill the touch gauge midway. Basically, you can just cancel in the same combo twice, and performs an attack touch afterwards.
The gauge is something that is used quite a tons in combo, so having anything that can substitute it IS invaluable in many situations.
Old 2012-02-25, 10:14   Link #3074
Hoshino Kazuki
Loli/Shotacon

Really? Cause I seem to find Luci's Attack Touch ability is rather useless for me.
That aside, anyone notice that B.Battler is more like a vampire now? I mean, his massacre now is way to powerful
Old 2012-02-25, 11:00   Link #3075
Eriko 556

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus
just tell us which characters you use so we can suggest cancels, like i use lucifer so I do her qcf + X rekka and cancel it to her sp2
Well... I use Shannon as Reverse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanashi_1337
3. Your reverse uses a special attack
4. You do a super attack right after the special attack hits to skip cooldown and pull a super attack (aka SP cancel)

Should be like this.
Hum... I THINK I get it now. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari
It isn't an ability that automatically change an attack to something else. It is an ability that -allows- you to perform something that isn't supposed to work: special attack (attack that requires a specific input) => SP attack (strengthened special using SP).
Or
special attack => Meta Super

Simple example:

Battler's blue truth (236 A/B/C, his hadoken) => Battler blue truth SP (236 AB).

Instead of waiting the first move complete animation before launching the SP one, you can directly cancel it into the SP version with SP cancel.
Really, the initial explanation is that straightforward, you are overcomplicating it.
It's not that I am overcomplicating it. It's because some stuffs I can't understand without a preview.
Did I understand now SP Cancel? Yes.
Can I DO the SP Cancel? No, I can't. That's why I said that about a video. Because I NEED to see in a video, or someone teaching right by my side. Then, I can do SP Cancel.

I am sorry if I am being such a bother, everyone. But thanks. I appreciate your patience to teach me. Again, thanks, everyone.
Old 2012-02-25, 12:58   Link #3076
CrimsonMoonMist

Do a normal special move (example: 236A), then do a SP move (example: 236AB) right afterwards
to cancel the animation of the attack and do the SP move right away.
It's really simple, so I can't think of another way to explain it.
Old 2012-02-25, 13:20   Link #3077
DaBackpack
Blick Winkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonMoonMist View Post
Do a normal special move (example: 236A), then do a SP move (example: 236AB) right afterwards
to cancel the animation of the attack and do the SP move right away.
It's really simple, so I can't think of another way to explain it.
There's a Will's sword 'slicing' animation that accompanies it too, if that's any help.
Old 2012-02-25, 14:30   Link #3078
CrimsonMoonMist

Quote:
Because I NEED to see in a video, or someone teaching right by my side. Then, I can do SP Cancel.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZRR6eurOJ8
The combo at 2:50, Battler cancels the after-animation for his 6236 into his meta-super, if he didn't have the SP cancel ability, the meta would have missed.
Old 2012-02-25, 15:40   Link #3079
Hoshino Kazuki
Loli/Shotacon

I find that Will's 641236C 236AB 64123C link is very hard for me
Old 2012-02-25, 15:44   Link #3080
Nanashi_1337

I really liked that combo with Battler, but I'm going to stick with Lucifer/Will for now on. I also tried with Battler the 214a/b/c (aerial) + Metasuper with SP Cancel and, surprisingly, it works. Which makes me happy. Too bad the super still doesn't combo, would be rather cool to make the opponent eat the big laser when falling.

Last edited by Nanashi_1337; 2012-02-25 at 15:55.
Closed Thread