AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2020-07-26, 21:01   Link #41
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well that was something new a flesh golem could feel her own limbs when there attached and her leg is just so sensitive
Old 2020-07-26, 22:34   Link #42
grecefar

I would love to see more of kunai and by the looks of the slavers she will be back soon.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-26, 23:13   Link #43
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep3:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-27, 09:58   Link #44
Metaneo
Anime Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for ep3:
Uh, yes, that's exactly it. There are people in real life who can't feel pain but can feel other sensations just fine.
Metaneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-27, 19:34   Link #45
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaneo View Post
Uh, yes, that's exactly it. There are people in real life who can't feel pain but can feel other sensations just fine.
Well yes, there are all kinds of people in the world, including people with immensely long nails, hair growing excessively on their entire body, and more.

Although you could try to say she is made to not feel pain so she can perform whatever actions she needs to do, it is clear from this episode that what she can still feel can still stop her in her tracks.
So at this point, we would have to reason that the person that created her and made her able to feel only some specific emotions did it just for the lols, which we don't have any hint to currently.

...Or the anime isn't thinking that deeply (nor does it acknowledge those said real people), as they have shown in every episode to put "fanservice" scenes like girls moaning to some "non-human" "touching" event.

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2020-07-27, 19:51   Link #46
Metaneo
Anime Watcher

Quote:
So at this point, we would have to reason that the person that created her and made her able to feel only some specific emotions did it just for the lols, which we don't have any hint to currently.
Well, it IS implied that whoever made her WAS in fact kind of fucked up.
Metaneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-27, 20:00   Link #47
Magewolf

Quote:
Well yes, there are all kinds of people in the world, including people with immensely long nails, hair growing excessively on their entire body, and more.

Although you could try to say she is made to not feel pain so she can perform whatever actions she needs to do, it is clear from this episode that what she can still feel can still stop her in her tracks.
He made a beautiful woman who has incredibly sensitive legs and quite possibility the groin area is the same as well. Like they kept saying, whoever made her was a freak.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-02, 11:13   Link #48
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Spoiler for ep 4:
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-02, 12:33   Link #49
Funkatron
Highly irregular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
Spoiler for ep 4:
Spoiler for Episode 4:
Funkatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-02, 18:00   Link #50
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep4:

Old 2020-08-02, 20:56   Link #51
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well it seems that Glenn knows more then Saphentite letting on but that plan seem that it would of failed if everyone didnt help out
Old 2020-08-03, 00:50   Link #52
Tenzen12

It probably wouldn't fail, but that one harpy most likely wouldn't make it
Old 2020-08-03, 02:42   Link #53
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Spoiler for EP4:

What I'm starting to wonder about is why Cthully doesn't want them to be a couple. Considering how Safentite has a habit of squeezing him for no reason, it's possible that Lamias might be lethal lovers, given how we haven't seen a male one yet. Safentite's lack of self-control would then be the illness she got because of having lived with Glenn.
E: Also note... Lulua is drawn like the kind of Mermaid, that actually IS lethal to humans, fangs and all.

I also think that the city isn't what it looks like. Besides the point that we barely ever see humans, even as background characters, there also wasn't a single human with the city guards, which is making me question the humans standing in that town.

And since we mentioned couples before... There hasn't been a single trans-species couple in the entire town up to now.
All hints of trans-species relationships seem to be attempts of forcing it on the human.

And, unless there is a proper reason for her not to talk, like her voice being pretty much a FUSROHDA, Skadi also seems to think that others are beneath her.
Note I'm not saying, she isn't nice to people or doesn't actually care, but if it turns out that there is no reason for it, that's the only logical conclusion left.

That being said, it has been stated repeatedly that she is somehow responsible for the piece in that city, yet we don't know by what means.

So my theory: The peace in that city is MUCH, MUCH more fragile than what the current narrative lets on. Also, humans lost the war and MIGHT be second rate citizens.
Also consider Kurenai's words on this: She flat out told them they'd get to be cheap laborers instead of saying something along the lines of, that they could have joined the city guard, instead of turning to crime.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.

Last edited by AC-Phoenix; 2020-08-03 at 03:25.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-03, 03:44   Link #54
Tenzen12

Skadi literaly recreated whole this city for sake of humans and monsters being able co-exist and it has no equivalent anywhere else. All thing considered it is indeed pretty fragile peace and incidents like this could make big mess.

Anyway humans didn't loose war as far as I know. Irc both sides just completely wasted themselves and had no choice made peace. While certainly not second grade citizens per se, they are certainly rare, because not many would dare move into city runned by former enemies this easily. There is also limited amount of fields human can compete with monster people. Cyclops will be (almost) always better blacksmiths, Arachnees tailors and Oni... warriors (that's why they are core of city guards) . Majority of humans comes as or with merchants that deals with various unique goods that can be found only in Lindworm.
Old 2020-08-03, 04:07   Link #55
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Even so, it sounds really fishy and contradictory though.
Humans can't be such bad fighters (unless they are mercenaries) if they actually managed to keep dragons at bay.
We also got the information that "there is no one to spare" regarding the guards.

A mixed police force is one of the very first things you would want in a city like that too. TBH, I doubt that the story is that deep, but what has been shown up to now makes me seriously question the narrative of that city.

Also... Why do they always have to make Dragons the ones looking the youngest...

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2020-08-03, 04:26   Link #56
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Also, humans lost the war and MIGHT be second rate citizens.
Well, just look at Glenn. He's not really a second-class citizen; he studied in a school for medicine, and he is steadily gathering a positive reputation among the townspeople and even the Council as a medical professional. Those slave traders are, in any case, a bad example of how humans are second-rate citizens because they even say that crime is the only way they can earn a living. Buncha bull to believe in.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-03, 04:30   Link #57
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Even so, it sounds really fishy and contradictory though.
Humans can't be such bad fighters (unless they are mercenaries) if they actually managed to keep dragons at bay.
We also got the information that "there is no one to spare" regarding the guards.

A mixed police force is one of the very first things you would want in a city like that too. TBH, I doubt that the story is that deep, but what has been shown up to now makes me seriously question the narrative of that city.

Also... Why do they always have to make Dragons the ones looking the youngest...
If dragons took part in war. It would be one-sided slaughter. They are far above both humans and monster people in term of might.

As for guards you have point and it's possible it will get there eventually, but right now point there is lot of other details that needs to be figured out first to keep city peacefull and prosperous as there is no tension between citizens and guards who are directly under the Dragoness and Kunai who got full unanimous trust (and it's not like other races cannot apply for job, if they want).

As far as novels goes I didn't find any major problem with world building.

Last edited by Tenzen12; 2020-08-03 at 04:42.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-03, 05:02   Link #58
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Well, just look at Glenn. He's not really a second-class citizen; he studied in a school for medicine, and he is steadily gathering a positive reputation among the townspeople and even the Council as a medical professional. Those slave traders are, in any case, a bad example of how humans are second-rate citizens because they even say that crime is the only way they can earn a living. Buncha bull to believe in.
Tbh, I don't think the author has it thought through to the point of being that deep, but being officially declared equal and equality actually happening are two different things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
If dragons took part in war. It would be one-sided slaughter. They are far above both humans and monster people in term of might.

As for guards you have point and it's possible it will get there eventually, but at this point there is lot of other details that needs to be figured out first to keep city peacefull and prosperous imho.
Assume they did and got somehow beaten. If they are as mighty as you described getting one down might actually be enough to make the rest back out. They also said dragons are rare, meaning losing even one would be a huge blow to their race.

So going by the premise you informed me of, and the fact that it wasn't a one-sided slaughter, a dragon either participated and lost or they didn't participate fearing that they might lose one.
That, in turn, means Dragons had reasonable grounds to believe that Humans had means to at least inflict serious losses to them.

Depending on whether Elves and Dwarves exist in this story, they might have very well allied with the Humans. A rather common alliance in fantasy stories.

Old 2020-08-03, 05:18   Link #59
Tenzen12

No Dragons didn't participated in war, but not because of fear. They are almost completely detached from mortal affairs irc. Skadi is oddball trying help and even befriend those little mayflies that flicker around for few moments doing their stuff and then dissapearing. Other dragons simply don't have such weird hobbies. As far as mentality goes human and monster people are much closer to each other then either of them with dragons.

Last edited by Tenzen12; 2020-08-03 at 05:28.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-03, 12:28   Link #60
VTHokiePride

So does he like Saphee? The only issue he had with her sleeping with him was Dr. Cthulhy not allowing them to be together at the clinic.

Tags
adaptation, monster girls