AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2009-12-04, 11:39   Link #2941
luckyssol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orophin View Post
Episode 6 is now available for pre-order on HimeyaShop.
My order is now placed. Thanks for posting this.
Old 2009-12-04, 12:00   Link #2942
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Still thinking about it. I might be able to get someone to buy it for me to save on shipping fees.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-04, 12:17   Link #2943
lovelysan
Umineko and Mabinogi fan~

Hm... I'm still thinking about it too. It's a bad season for me to make personal purchases , and I'm kinda in the middle of a growing debt. I might just wait for volume 7 this time 'round.
lovelysan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-04, 13:33   Link #2944
ameskitty
Kupo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssol View Post
My order is now placed. Thanks for posting this.
Me too ! Just gotta kick my friend to pay her half hehehe.

(yeah, gifts are fun to buy but awful expensive . This is probably the only thing I'll be ordering for "myself" until Christmas/New Year's is long over.)

Avatar adapted from Yoshitaka Amano art

"There is no such thing as a sexy George." - Rhiannon, Easy A
ameskitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-04, 13:41   Link #2945
Oyajitchi
Giroro's Bestest nakama

Sorry if this has been currently answered before, but I was wondering if the translation patch for Episode 3 will work on an Epsiode 4 disc.

You see, I can only seem to find Episode 4 on the web, and I haven't even started Episode 3 yet. >3<

Is it possible for Episode 3's translation patch to work on Episode 4's disc, so as to play Episode 3 & 4 on the same disc?

Thankies~!
Oyajitchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-04, 13:42   Link #2946
ameskitty
Kupo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oyajitchi View Post
Sorry if this has been currently answered before, but I was wondering if the translation patch for Episode 3 will work on an Epsiode 4 disc.

You see, I can only seem to find Episode 4 on the web, and I haven't even started Episode 3 yet. >3<

Is it possible for Episode 3's translation patch to work on Episode 4's disc, so as to play Episode 3 & 4 on the same disc?

Thankies~!
The EP4 patch is cumulative. Hence it will not unlock anything you haven't read automatically and it will translate all episodes of the novel.

In simpler words, just install the EP4 patch you see everywhere and you won't have a problem.

Avatar adapted from Yoshitaka Amano art

"There is no such thing as a sexy George." - Rhiannon, Easy A
ameskitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-04, 14:19   Link #2947
Oyajitchi
Giroro's Bestest nakama

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_rogue View Post
The EP4 patch is cumulative. Hence it will not unlock anything you haven't read automatically and it will translate all episodes of the novel.

In simpler words, just install the EP4 patch you see everywhere and you won't have a problem.
Thanks a ton!
Oyajitchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-04, 18:15   Link #2948
TsundereCake
真 ラブ

So I've been trying to get my friends to play Umineko, and my one friend has had a problem downloading winrar to unpack the patch. She said that when shes tries to download it, it says something about "needing an application to run". This is the website she downloaded it from(the same one on Witch-Hunt.) So could it just be a broken link, or is it something wrong with her computer?
Old 2009-12-04, 18:25   Link #2949
Workworkwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by TsundereCake View Post
So I've been trying to get my friends to play Umineko, and my one friend has had a problem downloading winrar to unpack the patch. She said that when shes tries to download it, it says something about "needing an application to run". This is the website she downloaded it from(the same one on Witch-Hunt.) So could it just be a broken link, or is it something wrong with her computer?
That's the wrong link. Rarlabs is the official site for Winrar.
Workworkwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-04, 21:06   Link #2950
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

7zip also works very well: http://www.7-zip.org/
k//eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-05, 12:08   Link #2951
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcaz2 View Post
Honestly, I have to say I feel like a 10 year old waiting for Santa to come at Christmas time.

...Do you want me to leave you guys e-cookies and e-milk?
No thank you, we will just do as usual.

Now, just to make things clear, since the matter was dragged over several posts, I think a digest summary would be better in order to avoid confusion about our stance and schedule.

1) As mentioned by Chronotrig, Episode 5 has some very tricky lines, but also ambigous, borderline mistakes. This is the only reason why we "might" delay the patch.
2) We are not done with the translation yet, and our efforts are the same as ever, regardless the decision.
3) We did not decide about if we will wait for Episode 6 or not yet. To begin with, we must finish Episode 5 translation process before even planning to delay that or not.
4) After the translation, we will need the actual editing which is still under process at a slower pace, considering how Episode 5 requires a lot of check regarding the red, the blue and other facts. Furthermore, the current period of the year isn't exactly helpful, however I believe we will hardly be affected by that (compared to previous releases)

We can only confirm you that: we did not delay or went slower for any reason mentioned before, we were translating Episode 5 as usual. Even if Episode 5 is shorter than 4, its actual content and complexity make the translation and editing process much harder for everyone.
That being said, we can say that should everything goes right, we should be done by the end of the year.

The whole "delay" matter is only some idea in mind, which isn't a decision yet.
I would like to point out that we have all our opinions regarding this point, and before you are being anxious over anything: I'm personally opposed to any delay, so long we believe the patch is satisfying for us to be released. That is an opinion only entitled to me of course, and we will discuss with each other, for the final decision.
Thus, once we are done, we will figure if such idea will become our decision or not.

tl;dr: no, we aren't delaying anything at all for the moment, and we didn't take any decision yet about this point (all posts were taken in consideration as well). We will release this patch as soon as we see fit, that's all.
Should you have more questions about this matter, feel free to post them. But I would like you all not to jump on hasty conclusions: for the time being, there is NO delay in application, in any shape or form; and we are still working on the patch.

Also, please note that we only post on this thread and on our website. Therefore, please do not trust any kind of "information" that wasn't mentioned by any of us. (I still wonder how on earth anyone could claim we would be done last or next friday )

Last edited by Klashikari; 2009-12-05 at 12:27.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-05, 13:51   Link #2952
Starks
I see what you did there!
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Starks
No to be rude or anything, but it would be nice to see an EP5 patch before EP6 spoilers flood and defile the Internet.
Old 2009-12-05, 16:20   Link #2953
chounokoe

Send a message via MSN to chounokoe
My god, leave those people some time...
They're not translating some manga volume, they are translating a VN which is like an infinitely more time consuming progress.
Asuming there's not only one translator, things have to be discussed and all...it's a very time consuming task to actually translate something and considering you have to keep it consistent with previous translations...

If you want to avoid spoilers, just don't visit certain sites anymore, as easy as that...nobody forces you except yourself.
The only other opportunity...learn Japanese.

I really understand you all want to read it soon, but honestly putting those people under pressure is not helping...

Gosh...I sound like a Dad right now, but after having translated some things in a team as well I know that it just takes time.
Old 2009-12-05, 16:57   Link #2954
luckyssol

^I completely agree with this. Let the witch hunt do their thing. The overwhelming majority of us prefer the quality of the translation over the speed at which it's released. Still, the witch hunt has managed to release quality translations very quickly given the amount of material that must be translated.

Having any kind of english translation of the game is enough to be thankful for and this translation just happens to be a really good one. We should be patient and thankful to them.
Old 2009-12-05, 20:26   Link #2955
Workworkwork

I, for one, welcome our new EP6-spoiling overlords.

In other news, keep up the good work.
Workworkwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-05, 23:36   Link #2956
Orophin

I have a question for Witch Hunt:

Spoiler for Character from Episode 5:
Orophin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-05, 23:56   Link #2957
chronotrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orophin View Post
I have a question for Witch Hunt:

Spoiler for Character from Episode 5:
Spoiler for more EP5:

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
chronotrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-06, 10:09   Link #2958
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

Hi, may I ask if anyone has the Chinese patch to EP4 of Umineko? Or maybe if it's out, Ep5 as well? The Chinese downloading sites aren't working for my country, so I will really appreciate if somebody can upload theirs onto Megaupload or Mediafire and tell me how to apply the patch. Thank you very much!
Kirroha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-06, 13:51   Link #2959
Number1-Syaoran-Fan
Your's In Gold, Beatrice

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronotrig View Post
Spoiler for more EP5:
Does this mean that 07th Expansion has confirmed the other spellings? Because I always thought a bit strangely about Krauss. I sort of thought of it as Klaus most of the time...

"I... I really like your bow."
Number1-Syaoran-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-06, 13:58   Link #2960
Marion
The Great Dine

All the english translation names through EP 1-4 were checked with 07th Expansion, and all came back as correct, IIRC. Only the new EP 5 character names haven't been confirmed.
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
translation