AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2008-11-20, 09:21   Link #13001
unmoldedtruck

Send a message via AIM to unmoldedtruck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Despite risk of being beset by the Inquisition, Tohsaka Rulez.
Yes, she does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Unless it's the kind of "protect me, I'm helpless" moe that characters like Mikuru are supposed to invoke... but where Mikuru fails, characters like Nagisa Furukawa and Sakura Matou succeed.

...Did I mention that Fate/Stay Night is the best visnovel EVER?
I'm not sure that I go for that kind of moe, so that might explain something...

FSN is good, but I still have a soft spot for Wind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by otai View Post
Reminds me of EVA. People just hated Shinji, (and Shinjiko would never be a match for Kyonko popularity wise) for being the ultimate wuss; even though the character was the perfect fit into the story themathically.

Put Shinjiko between Rei & Asuka; and I think the fanboys will still go for mysterious girl Rei & tsundere queen Asuka.
I'm going straight for Rei, and Asuka next, so yeah.

Quote:
<shrug>... thats Yamato Nadeshiko for you. From what I read, with young parents having a preference for girls, low birth rates and female-consumer led spending controlling the economy, girls'll end up running the island soon. They came close to a female PM earlier this year...

I look forward to the day when japanese women grab power; and decide to pay back their oversexualization in popular culture by japanese men, with a mandatory yaoi publishing quota.

Well, I at least know that I would rather raise a girl...
unmoldedtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-20, 16:38   Link #13002
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Good essay.

Now what's happening for the "Genderbending of Haruhi Suzumiya"?
Chapter 3 as soon as I catch up on anime backlog.

Also, everyone who isn't watching Toradora fails hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Megex View Post
Agreed.

(The fact that she's voiced by Kana Ueda just makes her that much more awesome.)
I thought it was Yui Horie until I looked it up... what else has she been in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanbrew View Post
FSN is good, but I still have a soft spot for Wind.
Wind?

Quote:
Well, I at least know that I would rather raise a girl...
...I just had an image of you as Tamaki Suoh. That's not a good thing.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-20, 17:00   Link #13003
Cat Megex
Seitenkan no Greeter

Send a message via AIM to Cat Megex Send a message via Yahoo to Cat Megex
Quote:
...The way things are looking, it's quite possible that I'll be helping with QCing qq's releases from now on (and, in fact, I did some QCing for CoalGuys' latest release). I may be too lazy to be a grammar stickler for pages of text (which is part of the reason I haven't done any editing for the Seitenkan rewrite of TMoHS, the other one being that there are already a hell of a lot of editors for it), but it looks like I do all right with scripts for episodes. XD

Quote:
I thought it was Yui Horie until I looked it up... what else has she been in?
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...le.php?id=1568

Some of her roles (the ones that I know fairly well): Sakuya Aizawa in Hayate no Gotoku!, Herba in Final Fantasy Unlimited, Corona (the singer girl) in Kannazuki no Miko, Shizuna Endou in Linebarrels of Iron (on a side note, Shizuna's twin brother, Izuna, is voiced by Rie Kugimiya), Hayate Yagami in the Nanoha series, Nanami Nanashiro (the maid with the tinted glasses) in The Secret of Haruka Nogizaka (also known as "Haruka Nogizaka's Secret" or "Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu", but then, I assume that's fairly easy to get), Kurumi Momose (the "plain" girl) in Pani Poni Dash, Honami Takase Ambler in Rental Magica (I didn't realize this before; I'll have to rewatch Rental Magica to see if I recognize her voice this time. Ah well; it has Jun Fukuyama, too, using both his shouta-type voice and his Zero-voice, so that'll be a fun rewatch), Midori Naha in Telepathy Girl Ran (who has a personality similar to that of Rin Tohsaka, though possibly a bit more pranksterish), and finally (and I didn't realize this one, either), Kohaku in Shingetsutan Tsukihime.
Cat Megex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-20, 17:03   Link #13004
unmoldedtruck

Wind: A Breath of Heart.

If I was raising a girl, I probably wouldn't try any sort of Hikaru Genji plan. Honestly, it's because they're cuter at every stage. Except the baby stage. All babies look the same.

Not sure what you mean about the Tamaki thing.
Old 2008-11-20, 17:12   Link #13005
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
...The way things are looking, it's quite possible that I'll be helping with QCing qq's releases from now on (and, in fact, I did some QCing for CoalGuys' latest release). I may be too lazy to be a grammar stickler for pages of text (which is part of the reason I haven't done any editing for the Seitenkan rewrite of TMoHS, the other one being that there are already a hell of a lot of editors for it), but it looks like I do all right with scripts for episodes. XD
That's badass. And you win for being involved with Toradora.

Quote:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...le.php?id=1568

Some of her roles (the ones that I know fairly well): Sakuya Aizawa in Hayate no Gotoku!, Herba in Final Fantasy Unlimited, Corona (the singer girl) in Kannazuki no Miko, Shizuna Endou in Linebarrels of Iron (on a side note, Shizuna's twin brother, Izuna, is voiced by Rie Kugimiya), Hayate Yagami in the Nanoha series, Nanami Nanashiro (the maid with the tinted glasses) in The Secret of Haruka Nogizaka (also known as "Haruka Nogizaka's Secret" or "Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu", but then, I assume that's fairly easy to get), Kurumi Momose (the "plain" girl) in Pani Poni Dash, Honami Takase Ambler in Rental Magica (I didn't realize this before; I'll have to rewatch Rental Magica to see if I recognize her voice this time. Ah well; it has Jun Fukuyama, too, using both his shouta-type voice and his Zero-voice, so that'll be a fun rewatch), Midori Naha in Telepathy Girl Ran (who has a personality similar to that of Rin Tohsaka, though possibly a bit more pranksterish), and finally (and I didn't realize this one, either), Kohaku in Shingetsutan Tsukihime.
And that would be why I never recognized the name. Never seen any of those...

Edit: Wait, she was one of the Black Siblings in Gurren Lagann. Not using the tsundere voice, though.

Quote:
If I was raising a girl, I probably wouldn't try any sort of Hikaru Genji plan. Honestly, it's because they're cuter at every stage. Except the baby stage. All babies look the same.

Not sure what you mean about the Tamaki thing.
In Ouran, Tamaki always refers to Haruhi as his "daughter" because he's too dense to realize he's in love with her. And it's kind of creepy.

Good to know you wouldn't be Hikaru Genji, though.
Old 2008-11-20, 17:31   Link #13006
unmoldedtruck

Nah. I realize it when I like someone. Doesn't help much though.
Old 2008-11-20, 17:52   Link #13007
Sute443
Sasaki-ist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShimatheKat View Post
In Japan, the PM changes almost every year. Unless another Junichiro Koizumi appears.
That's the usual way things are done there? I was under the impression that it was unusual for them to change PMs so quickly...

Huh? You want something on-topic? Sorry, I don't have any of that.
Sute443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-20, 19:44   Link #13008
Cat Megex
Seitenkan no Greeter

Send a message via AIM to Cat Megex Send a message via Yahoo to Cat Megex
Quote:
That's badass. And you win for being involved with Toradora.
Heh...thanks! ^_^

Quote:
And that would be why I never recognized the name. Never seen any of those...
Okay, the majority of those I can forgive you for not seeing, but...WHY HAVE YOU NOT WATCHED HAYATE NO GOTOKU?? Unless it's because of Rie Kugimiya dislike or something, in which case I can understand it, even if I don't agree with it.
Cat Megex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-20, 19:48   Link #13009
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Okay, the majority of those I can forgive you for not seeing, but...WHY HAVE YOU NOT WATCHED HAYATE NO GOTOKU?? Unless it's because of Rie Kugimiya dislike or something, in which case I can understand it, even if I don't agree with it.
I wouldn't be watching Toradora if I hated Rie Kugimiya... although Taiga is actually quite different from most of her other roles...

No, it's because a) I didn't get into it when it started and now it's too damned long, b) Because Excel Saga has fulfilled my "random-ass show" quotient for my entire life, and c) Because I really really hate the male character type Hayate embodies.
Old 2008-11-20, 20:59   Link #13010
ZephyrLeanne
On a sabbatical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sute443 View Post
That's the usual way things are done there? I was under the impression that it was unusual for them to change PMs so quickly...

Huh? You want something on-topic? Sorry, I don't have any of that.
It's not usual under their Constitution. But it happens because there are powers behind the scenes pulling the strings (and no, I don't mean US).

Spoiler for List of recent Japanese PMs:

Most only survived a year. Those with only one year listed didn't even make it thru the year. They usually are allowed 4-year terms... but few make it to the end. They usually call snap polls and lose.

Quote:
There's only 13 ep right? I'll do it the same way with Minami-ke - watch all at one shot.
ZephyrLeanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-20, 21:20   Link #13011
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
There's only 13 ep right? I'll do it the same way with Minami-ke - watch all at one shot.
25, actually. So I suggest starting now.

Odd length for JC Staff's low budget show of the season.
Old 2008-11-20, 21:22   Link #13012
ZephyrLeanne
On a sabbatical

Quote:
25, actually. So I suggest starting now.

Odd length for JC Staff's low budget show of the season.
I only saw 13 eps listed on ANN... not yet updated?
Old 2008-11-20, 21:28   Link #13013
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
I only saw 13 eps listed on ANN... not yet updated?
ANN means nothing, they only count episode titles. Wiki is more accurate, and they don't give a count yet.

I know I heard 25 eps somewhere.
Old 2008-11-20, 23:26   Link #13014
otai

Send a message via MSN to otai
Quote:
I'm going straight for Rei, and Asuka next, so yeah.
Really? What if Shinjiko was loli? Is behaviour moe more important than appearance moe? I know it is for me.

Toradora is top on my watchlist. I put some thought into GB it, but stopped thinking about it too much when I realized Taiga and Ryuuji would become Joe Pesci and a girl with a permanent emo facial distortion.
otai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-21, 00:08   Link #13015
ZephyrLeanne
On a sabbatical

Quote:
Really? What if Shinjiko was loli? Is behaviour moe more important than appearance moe? I know it is for me.

Toradora is top on my watchlist. I put some thought into GB it, but stopped thinking about it too much when I realized Taiga and Ryuuji would become Joe Pesci and a girl with a permanent emo facial distortion.
Ok, so I'm in a place where Toradora is the majority here.
Ah. Since I'm in Singapore now, might as well get the schedule and catch it. If I can stop thinking about CLANNAD, that is.

Aha. For Singapore viewers, it's at 2330 hrs, Thursdays.
Unrelated, but lolz anyways, on the same channel of Saturday, 1930 hrs, Azumanga Daioh. I SHOULD pay more attention to the TV, huh?
Old 2008-11-21, 00:32   Link #13016
unmoldedtruck

Quote:

No. I watched Eva a long time ago so Rei and Asuka are in a seperate category when it comes to moekkos. My relationship with them is more akin to old married couple than OMG HAWT, not that there isn't physical attraction. It's more that I feel like I've known them a long time.

I think if you took all the Toradora characters and smashed them together, you'd get me. That's probably true for a lot of people though. Maybe you should take out Ryuuji to get me.
Old 2008-11-21, 02:54   Link #13017
ijuinkun

Quote:
In Japan, the PM changes almost every year. Unless another Junichiro Koizumi appears.
That's it! Itsuki Koizumi must be related to the former prime minister! That's how the Organization has so much resources!
ijuinkun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-21, 03:11   Link #13018
ZephyrLeanne
On a sabbatical

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijuinkun View Post
That's it! Itsuki Koizumi must be related to the former prime minister! That's how the Organization has so much resources!
No - Junichiro Koizumi's name is 小泉 純一郎
Itsuki's is 古泉 一樹.

Not related at all...
Old 2008-11-21, 03:26   Link #13019
Rikimtasu

Send a message via MSN to Rikimtasu
Quote:
No - Junichiro Koizumi's name is 小泉 純一郎
Itsuki's is 古泉 一樹.

Not related at all...
He is right.
Koizumi is more related to a random J-drama,thought.
Old 2008-11-22, 01:38   Link #13020
animalbrad
The Hyper-active Animal

Send a message via MSN to animalbrad Send a message via Yahoo to animalbrad
... Why is the page on baka tsuki not been updated?
isn't the whole first volume done?
animalbrad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
genderbender, seitenkan