AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2008-12-08, 08:49   Link #661
Shinigami_Mello
All hail Oyashiro-sama

Send a message via MSN to Shinigami_Mello
Ahaha, how true!
I only got introduced into the VN fold this year, so it's still pretty new and I'm loving it for sure. They're lots of fun <3
Just wait till you get more into Clannad, I dont even think Kotomi's is the most emotional. And definately not Tomoyo. (For me at least)
You said you've played three routes, what was the third?

And they're called crying games for a reason ^_^
Shinigami_Mello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-08, 14:51   Link #662
jergarmar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinigami_Mello View Post
Ahaha, how true!
I only got introduced into the VN fold this year, so it's still pretty new and I'm loving it for sure. They're lots of fun <3
Just wait till you get more into Clannad, I dont even think Kotomi's is the most emotional. And definately not Tomoyo. (For me at least)
You said you've played three routes, what was the third?

And they're called crying games for a reason ^_^
I did not know they were called "crying games". That explains a bit.

Kotomi's isn't the most emotional? Oh geez. I'm going to need to take a break. They're also REALLY hard to stop playing, once you get into a certain route. At one point I was playing at like 2 or 3 in the morning, and my character was also staying up all night... I had a bit of vertigo from the "excessive immersion" into my character.

The third scenario is Kanae's (errr... the advisor in the boy's dorm). A nice short, light affair that was such a change it lowered my guard for the next one (Tomoyo).
jergarmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-08, 14:54   Link #663
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Well, other than those ones and Fuuko's, you shouldn't get an emotional breakdown (at least not a severe one) till the second part of the game, so you can play with the relative security that your sanity won't be (too) damaged.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-08, 18:01   Link #664
Shinigami_Mello
All hail Oyashiro-sama

Fuuko's and definately the After Story are the heavy hitters. But Mei made me sad in the game as well, but not as bad as those two. I didnt really cry for Fuuko in the game, but the anime made me bawwwl.
Old 2008-12-08, 21:02   Link #665
jergarmar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinigami_Mello View Post
Oh! I remembered something else that I wanted to mention about those two routes.

Spoiler:

Once again, I apologize for being the "noisy new guy". It's all new to me.
Old 2008-12-08, 22:12   Link #666
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

No, it doesn't always end happily, but I'd say the average balance tilts more towards the happy ending side.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-09, 00:39   Link #667
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by jergarmar View Post
Spoiler:
I definitely recommend playing Tomoyo After once you're done with Clannad, since the Tomoyo arc in Clannad is only half the story.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-09, 04:43   Link #668
kyon.haruhi.suzumiya

Quote:
Originally Posted by houkoholic View Post
I definitely recommend playing Tomoyo After once you're done with Clannad, since the Tomoyo arc in Clannad is only half the story.
No. Not even half, more like 10%.
The Tomoyo After OVA didn't even count for 50%, (time line wise, yes, but emotionally, no)

You really should try Tomoyo After. But, be warned, unlike CLANNAD, it's a 18 game.
kyon.haruhi.suzumiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-14, 21:33   Link #669
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

You could also...

*pause*

... read the picture novel, Planetarian. A production by KEY as well.

Just thinking about it makes me a little "emo". So be forewarned. Anime-wise, other mind-shattering, heart-wrenching stories include the movie, Graveyard of the Fireflies. Hollywood-wise, we have... Life Is Beautiful(LiB).

Seriously, if you have not watched LiB yet, go rent it now. The ending will emotionally stun you.

Cheers.
Old 2008-12-15, 00:15   Link #670
ZephyrLeanne
On a sabbatical

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyon.haruhi.suzumiya View Post
The Tomoyo After OVA didn't even count for 50%, (time line wise, yes, but emotionally, no)

You really should try Tomoyo After. But, be warned, unlike CLANNAD, it's a 18 game.
I would rather promote Little Busters. But it's a complex game, so do be warned. Although I didn't like it much, I would like to think I'm in the monority here [besides, it wasn't the worst] and I think that you may want to try it out while CLANNAD goes off for a two-week hiatus, if you're catching ~After Story~.

Last edited by ZephyrLeanne; 2008-12-17 at 02:36.
ZephyrLeanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-16, 22:37   Link #671
kyon.haruhi.suzumiya

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShimatheKat View Post
I would rather promote Little Busters. But it's a complex game, so do be warned. Although I didn't like it much, I would like to think I'm in the monority here and I think that you may want to try it out while CLANNAD goes off for a two-week hiatus, if you're catching ~After Story~.
^^ I tried LB, and HATED it pretty bad. And i didn't like Kanon or AIR either. CLANNAD was a different kettle of fish, however.

LB's fail point? Other than Rin, eeryone else was Boring. Even the Russian.
kyon.haruhi.suzumiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-18, 01:44   Link #672
jergarmar

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyon.haruhi.suzumiya View Post

I actually went and read some of the translated text for Tomoyo After. Yeeeaaahhh.... I think I'm probably going to pass on that. Hilariously embarassing, though I'm sure plenty of it is good. It's funny, really -- as I understand it "visual novels" have their roots planted firmly in the fertile 18+ genre, and yet the depth of story increased to the point where making a non-18+ game like Clannad was possible.

So I finished the main arcs, but while doing some testing with my video card I had to "Alt-F4" out of Clannad a couple of times, and now it crashes all the time. Sigh. I'm hoping I don't lose all my progress, although in practical terms it just means I can come back to it after a couple of months and do it again. I really want to see the After Story, though. On the positive side I got my widescreen monitor to do full-screen Clannad without it distorting (that is, it has black bands on left and right). Huzzah.

Oh yeah! In case anyone cares, the routes that really stand out for me are Kyou, Tomoyo, and Kotomi. Even before I do the After Story, it really has been a blast going through the very different stories.
Spoiler:

I really liked the second-person Choose-Your-Own-Adventure series years back, and this was like a grown-up version of it. CYOA never had girls like these. So Clannad wins.

I even tried a couple of the anime episodes, but I discovered very fast that while the funny scenes can be GREAT (hello Fuuko!), overall I much prefer the game version. In general, I also have a preference for manga over anime when it comes to sad/dramatic scenes, so that's not too surprising.

I just got Chrono Trigger for the DS from my brother, and I started the game renaming all the characters to Clannad characters (Oh! Someone ran into me! What's her name? K-Y-O-U). It's immensely satisfying.
Old 2008-12-18, 01:53   Link #673
jergarmar

You know, since you all know how good the story is for Clannad, make sure you've at least tried the "Maison Ikkoku" anime series. Anyone who really likes well-crafted stories should at least be familiar with it. For me, Clannad was the first time since watching MI that I got deeply emotionally involved in a story.
Old 2008-12-18, 03:01   Link #674
OmegaPhlare
The Romanticism

The way this thread is going, it sounds like the unofficial translation is easy to acquire, and I've seen some youtube videos of people playing key points in the character routes. It looks well enough for me to enjoy.

I was about to ask if it would be wrong for me to go and download the unofficial patch. But in writing my lengthy forum post, I've realized that there is actually an SVN extension for the project! Cool! I'm going to try it out when I get the game.

I'd just like to mention for if anyone here is involved with the project, that I'm really proud that it has been "released" to some extent. I am very weary of a project being stuck in the "editing" phase and then being lead on to believe that the project will be done soon when it will not... But this project is the real deal, and I love that! I sincerely thank anyone who is involved with this translation project. Even though I'm not being asked to do it, I'll repay the effort by putting my own effort into a free project one day.
OmegaPhlare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-21, 18:53   Link #675
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

i got a question in the voice patch of this game is it the same voice actors that are in the anime?
Old 2008-12-21, 19:10   Link #676
Shinigami_Mello
All hail Oyashiro-sama

Yep, same voiceactors~!
Old 2009-01-01, 20:02   Link #677
Wafflemania
It's a Devil's Proof!

I am having some trouble with the fuuko arc in the case that when she falls on tomoya in the classroom at night, the options are "can we stay like this?" and Hurry up and get off". if i choose stay like this i get one of the endings, and a scene with getting a cheek kiss from fuuko but if i choose hurry up and get off option i go up to the nagisa part where we hold hands in her room and then the game redirects to the menu, and i cannot get the other ending/cg's. I do not have a fuuko light either, after completing her arc. Her arc is the first i have completed. Does anyone know about this?

Last edited by Wafflemania; 2009-01-01 at 20:14.
Wafflemania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-01, 21:54   Link #678
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Well, to start with, you've stumbled across the Fuuko alternate route instead of the one most people get...

And there's no Fuuko light. Don't know about your problem, though.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-02, 07:56   Link #679
demonix

Send a message via Yahoo to demonix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wafflemania View Post
I am having some trouble with the fuuko arc in the case that when she falls on tomoya in the classroom at night, the options are "can we stay like this?" and Hurry up and get off". if i choose stay like this i get one of the endings, and a scene with getting a cheek kiss from fuuko but if i choose hurry up and get off option i go up to the nagisa part where we hold hands in her room and then the game redirects to the menu, and i cannot get the other ending/cg's. I do not have a fuuko light either, after completing her arc. Her arc is the first i have completed. Does anyone know about this?
You need to chose the second option in the last choice on 4/24 (it should be a scene with Nagisa) to be able to trigger Fuko's good ending (which is what the "hurry up and get off" option will lead to)
demonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-23, 16:46   Link #680
pokedz48

I am a bit confused about the last several posts regarding the Fuuko route, especially the last choice for 'different' endings?

I am following the 90 guide and am attaining lights in that particular order (ending with Fuuko -> Komoura -> Nagisa). I want to finish AS in one play through (as in getting to the True End)... so which choice, concerning the last one, I should make in Fuuko's arc?

Help me get to AS before ep16 airs T___T
Thanks in advance XD
pokedz48 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, key, pc game, ps2, romance, school life, xbox 360