Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-07-02, 13:42   Link #1141
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
Didn't expect someone to bring that up that quickly. My, Vantek is quite quick.

Spoiler for Elfen Lied:
Spoiler:
Old 2010-07-02, 16:46   Link #1142
idiffer

Send a message via ICQ to idiffer
you know what??? google rationalization. period. stop. then reread the posts on the previous page. makes sense now? no? ok. i'll try.
lucy has a reason for mass murder and that was her upbringing. surrounded by cruel humans she could not NOT become cruel herself.when humans hunt you, you hunt them. simple. lucy uses a defense mechanism to lessen the burden on her conscience and that is the assumption that "if its human, its not considered worth living, cause they are cruel motherfuckers". basically anyone could justify anything through rationalization. and the funny part is that noone can prove its just rationalization. cause maybe its the true nature/mechanism of the world/society. the fact that the MAJORITY thinks this and does that(oh, killing is bad) proves shit. read "sane society" by Fromm, you'll be amazed.
sorry, have you been in a situation when you wanted to cripple your friends???
have you been in a situation when you wanted to die?
no? well, all the less chances you will understand what real life could be like. cause i've been in those situations. and even in an anime it can be no joke. put yourself in lucy's shoes. and dont go saying you wont kill, i will and gladly too.and i'm not even ashamed given the circumstances.
you can only scream mass murder from the safety of your house on the internet. (that and a happy familly, etc) (lucy had none of those...)
Arbitres
you did not get the point at all. you can get mad at me all you want, but better read a dozen reviews on the internet by famous reviewers.
as i said, this anime is against racism and discrimination. the murder part is there to point out the consequences that said discrimination can lead to. plus to all that, this anime goes into the psyche of a victim of an extreme discrimination. sorry if its not the usual "ah, i'm so sad, feel sorry for me, i cant do shit about it" drama. here, the victim copes with virtue to be envious of. and above all she changes herself, admitting she was wrong in murdering innocent ppl. what the fuck is wrong with admitting your mistakes?!! murderers can have an 2nd life you know. everyone can change themselves. even the church backs this up (well that was a weak arguement, but still)
c) Your mind is too narrow to embrace my genius, de geso.
d) I was accidentally dropped into a barrel of whiskey, so now I am constantly drunk.
e) Go home and die! Dattebayo!

Last edited by idiffer; 2010-07-02 at 17:13.
Old 2010-07-02, 17:30   Link #1143
Vantek
Asleep Being

LOL, I guess this is what you had in mind Arbrites

Spoiler for furious argument:

This is actually part of a theme that I hate in anime in general. I will post it in that thread.
Old 2010-07-02, 17:33   Link #1144
Seishi
Kholdy's Slave

Send a message via AIM to Seishi Send a message via MSN to Seishi Send a message via Yahoo to Seishi
Oh boy, why would someone even bring up Elfen Lied in this thread? It's easily one of the most polarizing series I've come across. In any case...

Spoiler for Elfen Lied manga:
Old 2010-07-02, 17:35   Link #1145
Vantek
Asleep Being

awesome! I will check that out!

EDIT:

Spoiler for elfen lied manga:

Last edited by Vantek; 2010-07-02 at 17:59.
Old 2010-07-02, 17:42   Link #1146
idiffer

Vantek, if that was directed at me, then there is nothing to understand. you wont prove your point to me, and i will not prove mine to you. either way, no solid proof to justify either case.
see, you just said that mass murder is unforgivable...you gave yourself away. if you dont understand the reasons, you dont have anything to forgive, thats your illusion. society has banged your head against the wall for years, saying that murder is bad. yeah it hurts, but doesnt mean they are right.
and delirium has nothing to do with it. if i'm sane and a mosquito bites me, i will kill it. now, go argue that killing mosquitos is better than killing humans to greenpiece...
EDIT
+you disregarded all the other points i've made. that seems to be a common problem with ppl.
Seishi
i brought it up, cause of just that. fun happens when ppl disagree and rage.
d) I was accidentally dropped into a barrel of whiskey, so now I am constantly drunk.

Last edited by idiffer; 2010-07-02 at 17:54.
Old 2010-07-02, 17:59   Link #1147
Vantek
Asleep Being

There can be no "proof" for moral statements, by definition. However, if you think mass murder of people who have done nothing to you can be okay, I'm quite sure you're in the minority. LOL @ the society indoctrinating me that murder is bad.
Old 2010-07-02, 18:17   Link #1148
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
On the topic of Elfen Lied...

Spoiler for Elfen Lied discussion spoilers:
Old 2010-07-02, 19:30   Link #1149
idiffer

and cause you cant prove anything - morals suck. and that is why i tried to argue from a logical position, which didnt have any effect as predicted.
and again you disregarded my statement (well, it was kinda baseless, yeah...).
minority-majority dont mean anything. in psychology the majority makes mistakes constantly, only you wouldnt know normally.

EDIT

oh, sly bastard. you decided that giving me negative rep will change something. whoever you are - coward.
Old 2010-07-02, 23:35   Link #1150
Chiibi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
On the topic of Elfen Lied...

Spoiler for Elfen Lied discussion spoilers:
Well said as always, Triple R.

That was what I was also trying to point out.
Old 2010-07-05, 05:24   Link #1151
521JI

hmm.
i hate bleach, naruto, dragon ball, one piece and hitman reborn
Old 2010-07-05, 06:52   Link #1152
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
Well said as always, Triple R.

That was what I was also trying to point out.
Thanks! Glad we see this the same way.
Old 2010-07-05, 20:13   Link #1153
Kameruka
Hen-Tie

Unfunny 'comedy' shows like Ouran and Hetalia. In fact they are not comedy at all. They just bishounen/fujioshi fanservice shows that blatantly disguised as comedy shows.

One Piece because its fans believed that they are superior than Narutards and Bleachfags but they are no different at all.
Old 2010-07-05, 21:58   Link #1154
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
I have love/hate with Negima manga for one thing I enjoy I that its doign some novel things but at the same time I cannot get around the that girls are froliking around one guy, a ten year old no less.
Old 2010-07-06, 11:07   Link #1155
Chiibi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guernsey View Post
but at the same time I cannot get around the that girls are froliking around one guy, a ten year old no less.
Speaking as a female fan, I also find Negi himself quite adorable.

........I have a shota complex though.
Old 2010-07-06, 13:31   Link #1156
kitten320

Even though I kinda like Negima manga, I also am confused why everyone are all over 10 year old kid 0_o
Well at least they are around 14... not 20 years old over 13 year old kid like in Air Gear anime...
Old 2010-07-07, 07:59   Link #1157
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Even though I kinda like Negima manga, I also am confused why everyone are all over 10 year old kid 0_o
Well at least they are around 14... not 20 years old over 13 year old kid like in Air Gear anime...
They're not that much older, yeah. That's part of it. Plus, Negi's status as a teacher gives him an air of maturity far beyond his years that probably makes the girls themselves sometimes lose sight of his actual age.

4 years age difference is pretty inconsequential later in life. Nobody would bat an eyelash at a 30 year old dating someone 26, for example.
Old 2010-07-24, 23:33   Link #1158
JiGSaW
Boss Member

never really got into bleach idk why the first few episodes just werent interesting to me but look how far it got to the 250+ eps. naruto is better than it
Old 2010-07-25, 17:07   Link #1159
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

I don't really like people who think that Naruto/Bleach/One Piece are the best series out there and that anime should be defined by those three series.

Other than that, I don't like Zero no Tsukaima that much even though everyone seems to love it. Maybe it's just me hating a little on KugiRie voiced loli tsundere.
Old 2010-07-27, 20:56   Link #1160
Hari Michiru
Insane Fangirl
*Author

Naruto - I just don't get why people think it's the best series out there!
Gundam Seed/Destiny - The series bored me; I have no idea why I even sat through all of it.
Gundam 00 - The animation was pretty...and that's about it.
Shakugan no Shana - I hated the main character, I hated Shana, and I found the other love interest to be REALLY annoying.
CLANNAD - Well, I don't hate the franchise, but the Nagisa route (and by default, the anime) bored me. I didn't feel sad; I didn't cry, and I found Nagisa to be really annoying. The only thing that redeemed the CLANNAD anime for me were the OVAs for Kyou and Tomoyo.
Vampire Knight - It's so bland, and I can't tell the difference between characters because they all have the same face.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Closed Thread