AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2010-11-14, 11:02   Link #1
james0246

Fairy Tail - Character Discussion - Natsu

This thread is dedicated to everything Natsu. From the colour of his hair, to his extreme motion sickness, everything you want to talk about concerning Natsu can be done here.

To keep the discussion enjoyable for all Fairy Tail fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!
Note: Please don't use this for the specifics (i.e. episode, chapter, game, etc. discussion) there are other threads for that stuff.
Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whinging and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favourite.

• Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter are always welcome, but harassing people will not be tolerated.

• Discuss, don't chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

• Use Spoiler tags!
    Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.

• Adding a Spoiler tag:
      Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms. Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!

• Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
      Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar. Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators to locate and deal with problems quickly.

• Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
      Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly. The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-14, 19:28   Link #2
Dextro
He Without a Title

So I'll kick off the discussion here: Will Natsu ever find Igneel?
Old 2010-11-14, 20:51   Link #3
GreatTeacherKen

Probably not until way later in the story. I suppose we can also ask if Gajeel will eventually find his dragon as well.
GreatTeacherKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-15, 06:28   Link #4
blewin

still not sure why the dragons are hiding. Are they hiding or are they in another world? What's this about leaving things to the humans? Doubt we'll have all these questions answered till the very end... which is a long way to go.

The more pressing question would be WHEN is Natsu going to resume his search for Igneel? He's just been going on missions so far.

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-15, 11:43   Link #5
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Well, technically speaking, he doesn't have any clue where to look. And most of the "missions" have been things that needed to be done. He couldn't just ignore them. I get the feeling that he hopes to pick up clues while doing missions, to at least give him a place to look.

Spoiler for manga spoiler:
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-15, 15:51   Link #6
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Well, technically speaking, he doesn't have any clue where to look. And most of the "missions" have been things that needed to be done. He couldn't just ignore them. I get the feeling that he hopes to pick up clues while doing missions, to at least give him a place to look.

Spoiler for manga spoiler:
This pretty much, though there's a number of boring routine missions offscreen that the characters take to earn a living.

In addition to having no leads to follow, people don't seem to realize that Natsu places his friends and life at Fairy Tail as pretty much equal(if not greater) in importance to Igneel.

In other words, while he wants to find his father, he's not going to let that desire consume his life.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-15, 18:32   Link #7
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah obviously Natsu would love to find Igneel, but he's not going to spend all the time he has hunting down every random clue. Meeting Lucy was the rare occasion that he went out to check it out. Kind of doubt Natsu's ability to track him down alone considering he never questioned the likelihood of a dragon being in the middle of a city. Considering we don't have much clue where the dragons are he really would be wasting his time just running around.

With Natsu glad that when he has beaten major opponents it's had explanations for it. Jellal lost due to a suicidal idea of eating Etherion which had major negative side effects after. Laxus had to fight Mystogan, Erza, then a combo of Natsu and Gajeel. Also that block at the end opened up the ability to strike back. Plus losing to that Owl Guy just reminds you while he is growing the guy isn't invincible.

Very glad the series has cut back immensely on his cut-scene attacks since it really took away from his fights.
Old 2010-11-15, 20:13   Link #8
kitten320

Natsu is a nice character but he tends to annoy me quiet a lot, especially when all he thinks about are fights what usually cause a lot of trouble for others. It would be really refreshing if because of his dumbness, someone would get seriously hurt. That would teach him a lessen, instead of conveniently always winning right in time.
Old 2010-11-15, 21:24   Link #9
GreatTeacherKen

^^ I don't know if you've read the manga, but the manga does address that later on. I'm not sure if the anime will get to that point though.
GreatTeacherKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-15, 21:57   Link #10
kitten320

No I don't.
It does? Good!
Old 2010-11-15, 22:37   Link #11
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

I must point out that it was done in a most EPIC way.
Old 2010-11-15, 23:23   Link #12
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
We're not entirely sure it does, since it just happened not too long ago. But Natsu is pretty stereotypical of young, male, shounen heroes. Always looking for the next fight, and really enjoying it, so much so that it overrides practically every other area of his life.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-16, 21:10   Link #13
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Natsu's theme song

Once the events of the current arc are over, we need an AMV of this song and Natsu's epicness.
Old 2010-11-16, 22:18   Link #14
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
We're not entirely sure it does, since it just happened not too long ago. But Natsu is pretty stereotypical of young, male, shounen heroes. Always looking for the next fight, and really enjoying it, so much so that it overrides practically every other area of his life.
Yea pretty much but I'm glad he's like so instead of being the emo type, *cough* Ichigo *cough*(yea I consider him a emo type, for half the time anyway)

I like Natsu's flare for life and the fight compared to most other heroes, it's got a nice balance to it.
He doesn't go questioning and asking why the bad guy is "bad" and doing these things and trying to talk him out of it. If he's bad then he will simply smack him down, no questions asked
None of that cheesy speech stuff in trying to get the person to give up or what not and when that fails then goes in to SS3 to get his point over, when they should have done that from the start

sure enough we get some little cheesy speeches here and there but these have been in good taste and thats fine.
Old 2010-11-16, 23:37   Link #15
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Yea pretty much but I'm glad he's like so instead of being the emo type, *cough* Ichigo *cough*(yea I consider him a emo type, for half the time anyway)

I like Natsu's flare for life and the fight compared to most other heroes, it's got a nice balance to it.
He doesn't go questioning and asking why the bad guy is "bad" and doing these things and trying to talk him out of it. If he's bad then he will simply smack him down, no questions asked
None of that cheesy speech stuff in trying to get the person to give up or what not and when that fails then goes in to SS3 to get his point over, when they should have done that from the start

sure enough we get some little cheesy speeches here and there but these have been in good taste and thats fine.
I have to agree Natsu's energy and excitement about the battles has it's appeal. Besides it fits with his element so wouldn't want him to change that. He certainly gets to the point quicker than some heroes. It was made clear in the first episode no matter your intentions if you mess with what is important to him he's going to be gunning for you. Sure he might yell out the rare speech but at least he's doing it while fighting.

Definitely against self-sacrifice as well. Goes after Erza in the Tower of Paradise and stands up to Gray when he tried it. Every member is a precious comrade and if they get themselves killed even if it is to win it's still a loss he won't accept.

Of course would be ok for him to outright lose and not come back to somehow win. It did happen against the Owl guy where Gray settled the fight, but it doesn't happen too often.
Old 2010-11-17, 06:45   Link #16
ditn

Gotta like Natsu the gutsy non emo fighter
Like said some said above
*not trying to make the bad guy good again,just kick his ass
*not so much emo like other main characters
*doesn't let his friends sacrifice for himself

The only thing i hope he stops doing in the future is charging head first in,in every fight without thinking tt
ditn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-17, 14:40   Link #17
user76145
Disabled By Request

I got a question about his abilities...
At the beginning of the Anime, he beats an enemy by learning how to fly with help of his flames.
Does he ever do that again? I hate it when characters forget their abilities...
user76145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-18, 01:37   Link #18
MechR

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb4 View Post
I got a question about his abilities...
At the beginning of the Anime, he beats an enemy by learning how to fly with help of his flames.
Does he ever do that again? I hate it when characters forget their abilities...
Natsu can't fly without Happy. Are you thinking of his fight with Erigor where he uses purple fire to grab the cliff and pull himself back up?

(Some of the anime openings do show him flying, but those are just doing it wrong.)
MechR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-18, 06:07   Link #19
user76145
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechR View Post
Natsu can't fly without Happy. Are you thinking of his fight with Erigor where he uses purple fire to grab the cliff and pull himself back up?

(Some of the anime openings do show him flying, but those are just doing it wrong.)
Well, it was in the Anime, maybe it was a filler.
I think it was during the Lullaby Arc. The group were following railtracks and then fought a guy on the tracks. (They didn't have a means of transportation during the fight, though. Dunno if it was destroyed by that guy or something)
Hopefully you know what I mean... My memory is kinda hazy.
user76145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-18, 06:23   Link #20
ditn

Yeah i remember that too,
it was when he was knocked down from bridge and somehow he got on the bridge again.
I always wondered how he got up the bridge again.(it was the fight with erigor)
ditn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
character discussion