AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2013-02-25, 18:34   Link #1101
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Carim is the head of the Belkan Church's military, not the head of the Church itself. I think that role technically falls to Vivio.
Old 2013-02-25, 18:39   Link #1102
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Yuuno didn't translate the prophecy. Carim was reading it to everyone present, but there's nothing ever said about Yuuno being vital to -or even involved with- its translation.

Yuuno provided valuable info on the Cradle, including it's schematics, weapons and why letting it get into orbit would have been a baaad idea.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-25, 19:09   Link #1103
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Ohhh... yoouuu...fortunate man >o<!

Overseas shipping is too expensive o.o?
It's just that the yen to $ fluctuates. Overseas shipping by Amazon.jp is 2000 yen, but I don't know how safe the box will be in their hands.

Yuuno's not in future chapters either... Probably went somewhere?
Old 2013-02-26, 00:48   Link #1104
xizro345
King's Justice

Quite a few arguments regarding the movie characters... I'll just chime in saying that no matter what I think about Yuuno and Chrono, I believe they cut them too much in the movie, and it was one of the parts I liked less about it (the other being the inconsistent quality in the animation).
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-26, 09:07   Link #1105
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
There was a sound stage with Yuuno, Carim, and a few others, where they are checking with Yuuno on the translation. Can't remember which one off hand.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-26, 09:24   Link #1106
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Only found this one: https://sites.google.com/site/transl...-strikers-ss03

Involves Yuuno, Schach and Verossa.
Lhklan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-26, 10:24   Link #1107
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I stand corrected.

It's less "translating the ancient Belka" and more "trying to interpret what the hell the prophecy means" though.
Old 2013-02-26, 11:37   Link #1108
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

Well we never hear of any prophecy that says right away what is going to happen, right?
Old 2013-02-26, 12:10   Link #1109
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Yes, but my point is that Yuuno wasn't required for the translating part. That was something Carim could do by herself.
Old 2013-02-26, 12:13   Link #1110
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

In any case that is StrikerS, but you are right.

If we get back to what Yuuno did in A's, how could the story be affected by a reduced role from him? Or even if he were to be taking out entirely.
Old 2013-02-26, 12:21   Link #1111
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Honestly? He can be taken out without affecting the story at all.

His most vital role was finding out the information about the Book of Darkness, but that information was completely irrelevant to anyone besides us the viewers as it served no purpose for the main cast because of the Lieze twins, and Hayate did not need this knowledge to bust through Reinforce's darkness.

The only minor rewrite you need is have Chrono duke it out with Vita in the first battle.

That's it.
Old 2013-02-26, 12:27   Link #1112
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

Is really at let down from his former role as a more strong side character. Yuuno suffers from not being that charming to begging with if you ask me. He is easily put aside right in the first season by the end and we kind of forget about him later on.

But keeping on removing factors about the story I did watch some of A’s again and I think I have to say I was wrong. Graham it is need for this story to work but he really is just kind of the “fixer”, and by that I mean that when the story is about to get in to an anticlimactic end his twin cats enter the scene to save it from it. So now we know he will not be in this movie, what will happen?
Old 2013-02-26, 12:32   Link #1113
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I'm dreading plotholes and characters being stupid.

I'm hoping for the knights simply overpowering the heroes and fleeing the scene.

Shamal captured by Chrono? She counterattacks and gives the knights the opening to escape.

Nanoha/Vita battle over the jungle? Vita drives Nanoha into a corner and escapes.

Signum/Fate battle over the desert? Signum beats Fate and drains her core herself.

Having read the spoilers, the hospital roof is already a plothole though.
Old 2013-02-26, 12:36   Link #1114
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

Only if they insist on keeping the same facts. Just change some things here and there and this can work just fine.
Old 2013-02-26, 12:55   Link #1115
xizro345
King's Justice

I think the movie works mostly fine, but I felt when I watched it that they tried too much to cram all that was possible in one movie, sacrificing something in the process. THe movie isn't short, but a couple parts feel a bit rushed.
THat, and some part were really poorly animated. Hopefully they're fixed for the BD release.
Old 2013-02-26, 12:59   Link #1116
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

I'm surprised to hear about animation problems on the MOVIE 2nd considering MOVIE 1st's was almost flawless.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-26, 12:59   Link #1117
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

Well you can't fit all the elements and moments of a 13 episode series in to a movie.
Old 2013-02-26, 14:24   Link #1118
xizro345
King's Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
I'm surprised to hear about animation problems on the MOVIE 2nd considering MOVIE 1st's was almost flawless.
The movie is long, for sure. The weren't many bad quality parts, but they sure stuck out when I saw them.
Old 2013-02-26, 15:24   Link #1119
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
I stand corrected.

It's less "translating the ancient Belka" and more "trying to interpret what the hell the prophecy means" though.
I'd argue they are the same thing. Take translating Japanese into English, which is more art than science. A japanese word has several different meanings in English, and it's not always apparent which is best. Carim may be able to guess some meanings, but only Yuuno could take a look at history and better meanings and historical context, enabling a better translation. The difference between "cold is coming" and "iceberg falling from the sky."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
I'm dreading plotholes and characters being stupid.

I'm hoping for the knights simply overpowering the heroes and fleeing the scene.

Shamal captured by Chrono? She counterattacks and gives the knights the opening to escape.

Nanoha/Vita battle over the jungle? Vita drives Nanoha into a corner and escapes.

Signum/Fate battle over the desert? Signum beats Fate and drains her core herself.

Having read the spoilers, the hospital roof is already a plothole though.
I'd argue those open up other plotholes, too. They might not want be willing to kill, but that doesn't stop them from heavily wounding them to prevent them from popping up to pester them again. Take the Nanoha/Vita over the jungle... Vita's already aware that Nanoha has popped up once before to stop them, and she was already upset that here was the girl again. If she can drive Nanoha into a corner, then that means Vita is still stronger, and there is no reason for Vita to let up, instead ending this threat once and for all. Nanoha had no backup coming, and she needed time to transfer out. That means Nanoha would need be put down for a decent amount of time. If Vita could put Nanoha down for that long, she can finish the job (putting Nanoha into a coma or critically injuring her would prevent her from popping up a third time to mess with them). If Nanoha gets backup, ie Chrono, then Vita has no time to transfer out.

While possible there could be workarounds, it would be clunky, as I have said before. And there are no indications that the movie took any decent workarounds.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-26, 15:28   Link #1120
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansker View Post
Yuuno suffers from not being that charming to begging with if you ask me.
That's definitely your own opinion. Unless you have any objective proof that he lacks a clearly-defined quality called "charm".

Quote:
He is easily put aside right in the first season by the end
Uh, no? No, attempts to remove Yuuno from the first season would be bad. He's needed to find the Seeds, deliver Raising Heart, and counter Arf so that Nanoha can duel Fate.

He also serves various other purposes that could be filled by Raising Heart alone, but which work better coming from a fellow human mage born to a magical culture, rather than from a Device which isn't meant to be a full-fledged character in her own right.

By the end of the series, he's the only Midchildan left on Earth, and thus Nanoha's strongest link to the outside magical world. He also continues to teach her magic.

Even when he leaves, he serves as legal aide and a key witness in Fate's trials, and also teaches her and Arf more about defense and support magic than Linith had time for.

Quote:
and we kind of forget about him later on.
I'm pretty sure you have to be revising even your own history, let alone ours. I doubt most people simply forgot about Yuuno after the first season.
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote