AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2013-02-21, 19:36   Link #7261
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
There's a difference between "we know there's four people somewhere out here" and "We know there's four people here, here, here and there." They only know that four people will attack because of Cypha, they have no idea where they are.

Also, bullets may make noise, but given enough range and surrounding noise it's not always as easy to make out. Case in point here: No sound effects at Erio and Thoma's location. They can't hear the bullets.
Point taken.

Still is odd how they don't connect is not Kart the one attacking them. I mean the bullets were clearly solid projectiles and he didn't have anything but that divider on him. And yes I know he shows his powers i close range but really is just odd after all the training they do and how they know there is more than one attacker. Thoma does have energy detectors and other systems in the Silver Cross. Way to show competence on our heroes. And later the Villains didn't even have a plan to escape worth of that name. I just say, people here seem to suffer from stupidity as soon as the plot needs them to.

And let’s not enter the discussion of “But then what could they do?” because I notice nobody really wants to know alternatives just wants to keep how their ways makes more sense. Let’s just analyze the battle at hand.
Old 2013-02-21, 19:42   Link #7262
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
It's as if the artist went "Damn, I really liked Kaiser Vivio. Those sharp eyes, that scowl. Too bad there's no chance of her returning. Olivie looks more like regular Vivio than Kaiser Vivio... Oh! I know! I'll just design a character just like her!"
I guess when you are making this thing you can do whatever you want . They say everyone's got a twin out there....so might as well abuse that .
Quote:
Waiting for Cypha to show up so she can swoop from above and trap her. Like Batman.
Makes sense. After getting hospitalized needs to channel Batman to get her spirit back up .
Quote:
To be fair, they were using clever tactics. Pretending that the sniper attacks were all one of loudmouths secret skills kept their attention on him and not looking for the actual shooter.
The tactics were solid for sure. Just think that Erio and Caro might need a refresher. Think all that time on the nature preserve hasn't kept them that sharp. At least expected them to hold up better against the one that showed up with a sword. Kind of sad they need saving by their enemy here.
Old 2013-02-21, 19:57   Link #7263
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Every manga artist can only draw 6 faces. Eventually, they'll go through all the designs they know, and be forced to recycle. Hence, Not!Vivio.

But I think the bigger thing to note is, Caro has a Fortress system. Whut.

I didn't see anything wrong with Erio and Caro's handling of the Grendel leader. He's an eclipse dude, so of course he's gonna be a bit tough.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-21, 20:03   Link #7264
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

Well maybe but they are using too much not just the faces, which I think reduce to 2: male and female, but also the AEC weapons: hammers, cannons and fortress for everyone. So far only Signum and Teana had a AEC weapon that nobody else usses. Too much for the unique style and different looks od the divices I guess.

And what I see here is two things: one Thoma doesn’t really do that much and Erio and Caro do even less. If we look at the whole battle, which I have, Thoma just enters, gets his ass kick, is save several times and then leaves without doing anything special. So why he was there at all? He doesn’t bring anything we didn’t already had, he doesn’t do much and in the end is the older cast who has to fix things up as Signum is the only person around that has anything resembling a change against super-awesome and indestructible Cypha.
Old 2013-02-21, 20:48   Link #7265
Justin_Brett

>Just like a nOOb.

You're kidding.

Not much to say otherwise, everyone jobbed in this chapter unnecessarily, mostly to someone who gets beaten up by another villain we already knew was a threat in the next one. The Raptors did it without even really being established as strong, too.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-21, 20:58   Link #7266
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

Well that is it. Here it seems only the villains know what they are doing
Old 2013-02-21, 21:02   Link #7267
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Wait what? So on top of everything else Carter also have the power to shut down AEC-units at will? ...and he just called Tohma a n00b? Wow, guy just get more and more awesome the more i read about him xD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansker View Post
So far only Signum and Teana had a AEC weapon that nobody else usses. Too much for the unique style and different looks od the divices I guess.
Sorry to pop your bubble but Wendy was seen carrying her own copy of Teana's Oxtongue on Ch. 29 ...i'm pretty sure it won't be long until we get Gladiator Equiped Raptors -_-

Well, at least Signum seems to be less stubborn now and actually asked for help this time xDU

Maybe Cinque should be the one facing Cypha? I guess her Rumble Detonator could make her an unbeatable opponent for any sword-fighter that comes close to her o_o

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-21, 21:04   Link #7268
Justin_Brett

Yeah you're right, just calling someone that in real life instead of any other insult isn't baffling at all.
Old 2013-02-21, 21:08   Link #7269
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Cinque is not good at close range encounters, Aki. That was established in StrikerS already.
Old 2013-02-21, 21:11   Link #7270
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Wait what? So on top of everything else Carter also have the power to shut down AEC-units at will?
What gave you that idea? Or are you confused about the scene where Mariya snipes all the AEC devices and stops them from working?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
Yeah you're right, just calling someone that in real life instead of any other insult isn't baffling at all.
Except people use net speak in real life all the time. Calling some one a n00b is pretty in character for him.
Old 2013-02-21, 21:14   Link #7271
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Cinque is not good at close range encounters, Aki. That was established in StrikerS already.
I remeber reading somewhere that Cinque's Rumble Detonator can charge and detonate virtually any metallic material she comes in contact with ...since that isn't a magical ability there's no reason as of why Cypha's blades should be immune. So, in theory, Cinque should be able to beat her with little effort.

~The ASFB~
Old 2013-02-21, 21:15   Link #7272
Justin_Brett

A lot of other things would be too, and not seem totally out of place.
Old 2013-02-21, 21:16   Link #7273
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
I remeber reading somewhere that Cinque's Rumble Detonator can charge and detonate virtually any metallic material she comes in contact with ...since that isn't a magical ability there's no reason as of why Cypha's blades should be immune. So, in theory, Cinque should be able to beat her with little effort.
Keep in mind that an explosion of that size and magnitude would affect Cinque as well at that range.
Old 2013-02-21, 21:18   Link #7274
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Aki, think about the size of Cinque's knives...

Now, look at StrikerS, re-watch the scenes where Cinque used them.

Okay, you saw that?

Good...

You saw how powerful her little knives were with explosions? (Tore through Berserk Subaru's barriers easily and left her arm and leg in tatters)

Now then...

Little knife that fits in her hand does THAT...

What's going to happen if she grabs one of Cypha's swords and causes it to explode?

Unless she can regenerate, it'll likely kill her quickly.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-21, 21:18   Link #7275
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Keep in mind that an explosion of that size and magnitude would affect Cinque as well at that range.
Mhhh... i guess you're righ, that definetely would represent a trouble ...still the throwing daggers could work pretty nice against EC Drivers, there's a reason as of why Isis is feared by them.

~The ASFB~
Old 2013-02-21, 21:21   Link #7276
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
... Who are you?! What did you do with Aki, you imposter?!

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-21, 21:25   Link #7277
Justin_Brett

Yeah, we need to get this topic locked too. So inconsiderate.
Old 2013-02-21, 21:29   Link #7278
Justin_Brett

>loli Big Boss
>not valuable
Old 2013-02-21, 21:31   Link #7279
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

We can put an eyepatch in any of the other lolis if she does die and you miss her that much.
Old 2013-02-21, 21:32   Link #7280
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Okay, now you're just trying to cause trouble. Keep in mind that despite her low level of screentime, Cinque is one of the more popular characters in the franchise.

Tags
manga, nanoha force