AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-02-10, 15:58   Link #81
SwiftStar
Daydreamer

I thought it was really cool the way four and five happened at the same time. For a second I thought I loaded the wrong ep. It definitely rocked.
SwiftStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-10, 17:22   Link #82
Copy Ninja
red eye from smokin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftStar
I thought it was really cool the way four and five happened at the same time. For a second I thought I loaded the wrong ep. It definitely rocked.
hell yeah, that was sweet showing both sides in ep 4-5...

i was a little confused after 4 (and at the beginning of 5) but it all went together nicely.

when is the obouri (from kite) looking guy coming back...when i first read about the series, i though hed play more of a role.

and the flashbacks to Mezzo Forte were sweet

(shes a psycho bitch!!!)
Copy Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-11, 20:50   Link #83
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

I saw episode 5 a couple days ago and the flashbacks were kinda confusing... luckily, the internet is great and I just saw the OVA for the first time... it was alright, though the hentai scenes seemed a bit out of place... at least, episode 5 of Mezzo TV makes sense to me now...
Old 2004-02-14, 22:47   Link #84
ACE2003

Watched episode 6. By far the least-action packed out of the 5 prior episodes, but it does give some good insight on Haruda's life back in the day. I kind of got pissed watching this episode though, you'll see why when you watch. But it was interesting to see how far the "Android"was able to go. I found this episode to be very slow moving and totally unlike the episodes we've grown accustomed to far. Episode 7 looks like it will pick up the pace as far as the action goes. I am looking forward to the next one.
ACE2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-15, 01:16   Link #85
wao
OK.

Ep 6 was probably my least favourite episode. I mean, yeah, it gave us an insight into Harada's life, but it was so cliche and predictable and boring. They could have compressed it and shown more of Amakawa grown up. ;P But then again that wouldn't work dramatically so... yeah. Ep 5 still rocks.
wao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-15, 04:03   Link #86
klash

Send a message via ICQ to klash
I liked ep6, the story doesnt have to be all action for me to like it.

We havent had any background on harada in any of the previous eps or the ova im quite sure, and its about time we got told how the main characters tie in. Im guessing next ep will have a bit of action about harada + mannon conflict, and then we'll probably learn about kurokawa's past. It seems to be following that line

This series is probably my favourite of whats currently airing, twin spica would probably compete with it as my favourite, but subs for that seem to be dead in the pan
klash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-15, 05:29   Link #87
wao
OK.

I didn't hate Ep 6 for it's lack of action. Come on, I love Maria-sama ga Miteru... I can perfectly sit through non-action series. But the point was, I really thought the drama just ended up being too drawn out. "Scared guy meets cool girl and gets to be her girlfriend, sweet stuff, then we realise she's an android, he gets pissed." With all that hinting of A.I. before the flashback, it was one of the most obvious possibilities... and I still have yet to see a teenager who can control his anger. I mean it's your girlfriend. Yes, get pissed, I don't care, but why needlessly destroy a warehouse because YOUR needs weren't met? Oh well... different people will look at it differently.

There have been worse out there...
wao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-15, 07:19   Link #88
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

I saw the OVA a long time ago and I liked it because it was comedy mixed with some nice action. The only thing that bugged was how strong Mikura was, the girl can throw people right throw brick walls with ease.

It was only recently that I found out about the TV series, and since I liked the OVA I downloaded the first episode. I really like the first episode it was very funny although some of the animations were done poorly. Now I hope the rest of the episodes is as entertaining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
And I think Kurokawa's actually saying a bunch of funny stuff, except that it's really hard to pick up on puns and stuff... he's talking pretty fast... oji-san o.o
Spoiler:
Old 2004-02-15, 07:42   Link #89
MuGeN_BoY
<--- Lolita Complex

Is it me or has teh quality of the animation for mezzo degraded?
MuGeN_BoY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-15, 08:02   Link #90
koki_2706

Well, i think compared to the ova, the tv series has a much smaller budget to work with, that's why the animation quality drops every episode. After all, the animation in the first two episodes has to be very good in order to draw the audience in, isn't it???

As for Kuro-san, I think his way of speaking is a particular quirk of his just to make his character much more interesting...
koki_2706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-15, 09:23   Link #91
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Kurosawa is indeed speaking pun-play (playing on the like-sounding words), that's why he might sound weird to you guys. IF the fansub's translators cannot catch the gist of his jokes, you are going to get weird lines from him. So don't think too badly of him, its not his fault.
Yebyosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-15, 19:45   Link #92
hunterx
ore wa kanpeki da

I don't know what everyone is griping about, mezzo is an OK show. Like the OVA the story is mediocre and predictable. If you're looking for something spectacular and groundbreaking look elsewhere. I thought 5 & 6 were pretty good
hunterx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-15, 20:16   Link #93
Vulkar
Lost in Time and Space

Send a message via AIM to Vulkar
I dunno. The animation hasn't really been bothering me, but I'm a little biased. I think Mikura is just awesome so it'd have to be really really bad for me not to watch it. As long as Mikura is in it, I'm good.

I liked episode 6, by the way. It was kind of fun to see Harada before he became all spikey-haired. However, his hair was still weird looking even in the flashbacks. What's up with that weird part or something? 7 looks like lots of good fun too!
Vulkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-18, 13:00   Link #94
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulkar
I dunno. The animation hasn't really been bothering me, but I'm a little biased. I think Mikura is just awesome so it'd have to be really really bad for me not to watch it. As long as Mikura is in it, I'm good.

I liked episode 6, by the way. It was kind of fun to see Harada before he became all spikey-haired. However, his hair was still weird looking even in the flashbacks. What's up with that weird part or something? 7 looks like lots of good fun too!
The funny thing with episode 6 & 7 is that for me, the first half seems plain. However their later half made me sit up and paid attention. Looks like this is a tabloid world (aliens, super-humans, androids and ghosts, oh my...)

Episode 8 has tentacles!!!
Yebyosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-20, 15:28   Link #95
Tboz

Hmm... the latest few episodes were mildly interesting and the quality of animation isn't helping. Actually none of them had been able to kick me up since the first two. Maybe I have forgotten, but what happen to the guy that tried to assasinate them, did he just vanished from the show?

I thought it was pretty weird that they choose to retell the story in episode 4 but with different perspectives. Its creative story-telling, but I just have this little feeling inside of me that says its getting boring.

Episode 6 was not bad, we see a different Harada and his awkward manners were pretty cute. I just thought we should be shown more of the present time Asakura, that episode seems to be unfinished without a proper conclusion.

Also managed to catch the OVA recently and I must say it was an unpleasent experience. Now whenever I see Harada or Kurokawa, their faces kept appearing inside my head. Damn I think I need a psychiatrist.
Tboz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-20, 21:36   Link #96
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tboz
Also managed to catch the OVA recently and I must say it was an unpleasent experience. Now whenever I see Harada or Kurokawa, their faces kept appearing inside my head. Damn I think I need a psychiatrist.
LOL...

Anyways I really like this anime so far. The first 7 episodes were all good in my book. I can't wait for episode 8, looks interesting from the preview.
Old 2004-02-21, 05:57   Link #97
Tboz

Now to those that haven't watch the OVA, my advice is to skip it or skip the two explicit scenes. So far references are made only in episode 5 and its just a tiny bit of background history. Won't miss much.

And yep... episode 8 has tentacles... spare me please...
Tboz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-01, 00:00   Link #98
CelestiaLegends

ick...the tentacle scenes were absolutely unneccessary. :P it was a wierd episode though.

On a side note: www.manganews.net front page says Mezzo TV was lisenced?
CelestiaLegends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-07, 13:56   Link #99
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

I can't make up my mind whether I like this series or not, it seems that I love some episodes, while others are just mediocre. So far I like episode 1,2,5,6 a lot, and episode 4,8,9 are okay, while episode 3 and 7 are quite boring for me... same goes with the characters, I like Mikura and Harada, but can't stand Kurokawa and Asami...
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-07, 15:14   Link #100
Guts

Send a message via AIM to Guts Send a message via Yahoo to Guts
I've enjoyed all the d.s.a episodes. The animation factor has'nt become that much of a problem where it impairs the viewer from haveing a good time. The wacky plots and upbeat action kept me interested through out the show.

I can understand kuro is wierd, but his type of speaking has started to grow on me. It took a few eps but hes cool now.
Guts is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action