AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-11-07, 02:18   Link #1
james0246

One Piece - Chapter 688 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

---

Full spoilers have been released.

Quote:
-With only 10 minutes remaining until the gas fills Building B, Zoro is forced to flee, all the while carrying Tashigi (who has fainted after her fight with Monet). Upon regaining consciousness, she immediately notices Zoro’s Shusui and begins fangirling all over the place…

-Meanwhile, Nami, Robin and Chopper manage to contain and sedate most of the rabid children. Sadly, a few escape and almost get the candy away from Mocha. In order to protect them, Mocha eats the candy herself (Mocha flashbacks to an earlier scene where Chopper explains how poisonous the candy is, she also remembers a distant promise she and the other kids made to escape to the seas by age 20).

-back in the present, Mocha collapses and begins coughing up blood. Chopper, in tears, explains to the other children just what Mocha sacrificed. As the children reel from the news, Sanji and the Marines arrive and immediately sedate all the children. They then, under Chopper’s orders, carry Mocha’s body to a medical room where Chopper promises to do everything he can to save her.

-Cut to Luffy, who arrives at the Dust Box with Momo. He immediately grabs one of CC’s soldiers and demands to know where the gassy scientist has gone. End of chapter.

-No One Piece next week.

Last edited by james0246; 2012-11-20 at 12:52.
Old 2012-11-07, 03:41   Link #2
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Robin, Nami, Chopper.. the incompetent trio.
Old 2012-11-07, 04:15   Link #3
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

They did what was in their power to protect the children, how is that incompetent?
Old 2012-11-07, 04:45   Link #4
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

What an emotional chapter . Well done Oda, Well done. It brought tears to my eyes.
Old 2012-11-07, 04:55   Link #5
paradox13
zzz

They failed. That's the definition of incompetence. Look it up
Old 2012-11-07, 06:00   Link #6
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

I already have a loaded colt ready to shoot and kill any naysayers.

Also... our future Pirate King lad is WEARING a dragon.
I can't make an entrance more badass than that.
Old 2012-11-07, 06:16   Link #7
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Aww poor Mocha. If this wasn't One Piece I'd say she's done for, but Oda won't let her die.

Loved the Zoro/Tashigi interaction btw, what a moment to admire swords.
Old 2012-11-07, 06:35   Link #8
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax View Post
Aww poor Mocha. If this wasn't One Piece I'd say she's done for, but Oda won't let her die.

Oh Shiny, It a sword . Tashigi for Strawhats any one ?
Old 2012-11-07, 07:10   Link #9
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

*Tashgi marvels at Zoro's sword*
*Zoro screams at her not to touch it*

..... context man, context!
Old 2012-11-07, 07:15   Link #10
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post

haha i think i was pretty close to the context .

I wonder after all of this is settled, what kind of relationship strawhats would they have with smoker and co. Especially since they protected Tashigi and his subordinates. Smoker owes them a lot and he is the kind that would pay back his debts.

I refuse to imagine smoker as some one that would still look at Strawhats the same as all other pirates after all of this. Imo Strawhats vs smoker shouldn't be the same as Coby vs Luffy relationship.

That said, I think Smoker will become friend/friendly (something along that line) with luffy and finally admits not all pirates the same. After that, i am afraid/think he might die. I think there are few possible subtle hints that smoker is going to die. of course I am not saying it's definitely going to happen this arc or not, but there is a chance ( though small) it might even happen in this arc.

Last edited by Whitemoon648; 2012-11-07 at 07:30.
Old 2012-11-07, 07:41   Link #11
paradox13
zzz

There is no point building up a character for 8+ years only for him to die suddenly and for no reason.
Old 2012-11-07, 07:43   Link #12
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
They did what was in their power to protect the children, how is that incompetent?
They couldn't sedate all the kids without Sanji and the marines intervening (which they did immediately upon their arrival, mind you). I'm sorry, but that is incompetence. These are just children gone berserk; that's hardly a threat. There shouldn't be any problems whatsoever dealing with them.
Old 2012-11-07, 07:51   Link #13
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

nothing significant actually happened (except some sad Mocha's scene)

and we're on break next week... oh god why...

anyway, I'm expecting a 1 vs 1 battle for Robin in this arc but seems like it won't happen
Old 2012-11-07, 08:17   Link #14
andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
They couldn't sedate all the kids without Sanji and the marines intervening (which they did immediately upon their arrival, mind you). I'm sorry, but that is incompetence. These are just children gone berserk; that's hardly a threat. There shouldn't be any problems whatsoever dealing with them.
Come on now , there giant children that have weapons that beat shit out of monster chopper .
The problem comes from not wanting to hurt them even luffy was having problems .
Old 2012-11-07, 08:30   Link #15
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
There is no point building up a character for 8+ years only for him to die suddenly and for no reason.
I never said there won't be a reason. There will be a reason of course. And that would be for Oda to decide if he ever decides to do that.

Also Ace and Whitebeard would like to disagree with you. We knew of them both ( slowly built up) ever since Arabasta for good many years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Well they could sedate the kids. It's just that people forget that in few minutes the whole place might go poof by law ( based on what he said) and the gas is closing in on them and the whole place will soon be filled with it. And before any one say that Law is like defeated and stuff, it's something that we the readers know. For all the strawhats know the place is going to go poof by law. Time is limited.

They didn't have the time ( not skills, They do have the skills) to both treat Mocha and sedate the kids at the same time. and there are a lot of kids to sedate.

again Time is the biggest issue here.

And strength wise, it hasn't even been that long since we saw how strong they were. They were strong enough to do some good damage against chopper's monster form that one shotted a Hordy pirate officer. They weren't weak ( relatively speaking).

And if that is not enough to attest to their strength, then you guys should go back to chapter 665 and re read it.

One of the kids ( just one not a bunch of them), Punched luffy one time and he was throwed back super hard and hit the icey mountain thing and Luffy was considering to fighting them.

You guys should go read that chapter again if you think they are weak. They are actually really strong and Nami and robin were holding them back. Just the two of them while Chopper was sedating them.

And the only issue they had was they didn't have the time to do both ( saving mocha and getting the kids out of there in time).
Old 2012-11-07, 08:38   Link #16
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post

lol i almost fell off my chair when i read this! but that is my favorite scene in the whole chapter. zoro carrying tashigi was kinda cute. the zoro x tashigi shippers will have a field day for sure!

mocha's sacrifice was touching. i doubt the girl will die though.

luffy in a boss fight... can't wait!
Old 2012-11-07, 08:49   Link #17
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Kind of a boring chapter. I'm glad the kids have finally been sedated, it was starting to drag out.
Old 2012-11-07, 09:07   Link #18
raziel16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax View Post
I guess she's kinda jealous since zoro always end up getting all the good swords without even knowing its history/name first

Anyway, there goes Monet then. Since zoro only took Tashigi, unconscious Monet will be swept by the poisonous gas. what a sad ending
Old 2012-11-07, 09:27   Link #19
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

"she immediately notices Zoro’s Shusui and begins fangirling all over the place…"

lol... fangirling
Old 2012-11-07, 10:02   Link #20
ChaosPaladin
Bringer of Order & Chaos

to do expt on kids is really one of the most f up thing to do. hope luffy beat the living lights out of Caesar, maybe beat him till he turn into nothing
Closed Thread

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion