AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-09-21, 11:52   Link #361
Dop
Mmmm....

That was a really really nice episode, shows that this series can handle thoughtful and touching just as well as they've handled comedy.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-21, 11:53   Link #362
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
That was a really really nice episode, shows that this series can handle thoughtful and touching just as well as they've handled comedy.
That's director Takamatsu Shinji for you. On all the shows he's worked on, he has balanced drama with comedy. The best example would be Gintama.
Old 2009-09-21, 12:07   Link #363
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Great episode, particularly with Roma misinterpreting the other guys' "competition".
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
OumiXEdogawa = pure win! Not as much as SakuXMii, but hey, why not both? ^_^
Wait... ... no? I wouldn't ship Edogawa with my pet rock. Did you mean RomaXOumi?
Old 2009-09-21, 14:17   Link #364
Flash Gordon
I make anime funky

Send a message via AIM to Flash Gordon Send a message via MSN to Flash Gordon
lmfao, probably.

I'm still a little torn between Mihoshi and Makita. On one hand Mihoshi's practically oblivious to everything, and on the other Makita is making far more of a fight out of this than she has to (could've sworn I said that earlier). As far as Edogawa is concerned, he'll probably become a hit with the ladies some time in the future, but ultimately remain single.
Flash Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-21, 14:34   Link #365
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

I believe Episode 10 references a bonus story that will come out with the DVD. Something about Saku and Mihoshi watching a meteor shower together over the phone when Mihoshi was off on her vacation.

Did anyone else catch that? Or am I imagining things?
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-21, 14:42   Link #366
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBOvenGuy View Post
I believe Episode 10 references a bonus story that will come out with the DVD. Something about Saku and Mihoshi watching a meteor shower together over the phone when Mihoshi was off on her vacation.

Yes, I saw that too. Good to know we'll definitely have something to wait for after the cour completes (second season? I'd like one...)
Old 2009-09-21, 15:02   Link #367
Flash Gordon
I make anime funky

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBOvenGuy View Post

Good eye.

Code:
Dialogue: 0,0:00:00.00,0:00:00.00,Default,,0000,0000,0000,,[TS,2.02]We watched the shooting star together.
Dialogue: 0,0:00:00.00,0:00:00.00,Default,,0000,0000,0000,,[TS]But that's a story for the DVD special.
Update: Episode 12 raw is available. Will update as I watch.

Spoiler for Episode 12 (End):

Last edited by Flash Gordon; 2009-09-22 at 00:42.
Old 2009-09-22, 00:33   Link #368
cynicalicious
I like pie.

Yeah, the bonus story on the DVD will cover the chapter of the manga that the anime skipped over and only alluded to-- Mihoshi's class trip to Hokkaido.
cynicalicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-22, 00:55   Link #369
firehawk12

Hah, I kind of wish the manga would get licensed, but I guess that probably won't happen any time soon.
firehawk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-22, 01:17   Link #370
cynicalicious
I like pie.

Spoiler for ep12:

I'm going to miss this series. I hope it gets another 12 eps or so to finish things up and bring things up to date with the manga... but I wonder if the ratings/sales would justify it. *sigh*

This summer was one of the best seasons in a while, and this was my favorite series of the season. (Well, this and GA.) Nary a cringeworthy moment in either show.
Old 2009-09-22, 13:41   Link #371
NaweG
Just some guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynicalicious View Post
Spoiler for ep12:
Thanks for the update. Useful for those of us still waiting on the subs, but impatient to find out what happens. Hopefully those folks who can't be named will continue to do what needs to be done on the Manga side as well to catch up with the story beyond the Anime
Old 2009-09-22, 20:06   Link #372
cynicalicious
I like pie.

One other thing: not so much a spoiler, but it was announced in the opening credits to ep 12 that the story of Roma and Oumi's first meeting when they were in junior high will be covered in another one of the DVD specials. (It was in those vertical bars of text they always have at the end of the OP.)
Old 2009-09-23, 01:01   Link #373
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for final thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-23, 02:02   Link #374
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Damn. This anime could've been truly epic if it threw more romantic curveballs instead of the usual '2 or 3 character looking at the main character and his partner from afar' trope.

The star-watching aspect was probably one of the most beautiful things I've seen in anime, ever.

Also when the show tried to just have fun, it did. Too bad the super-cliche-romance-time thing bogged it down for the second half. Some episodes were so cliche, it felt like I was watching something I watched before. Shame.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-25, 13:52   Link #375
cynicalicious
I like pie.

One thing I need to correct-- the anime covers through the middle of volume 5 of the manga... sort of. (I had said it went through volume 4 before.) It chopped and changed a couple of stories to try to fit everything in the last episode, but for the most part it didn't change much.
Old 2009-09-25, 21:08   Link #376
NaweG
Just some guy

Subs for 11 are out. Episode reminds me why I wish this was more than 12 episodes long. While Bakemonogatari has been an artistic triumph, I think in some ways this anime has actually touched my heart more.

FWIW...
Old 2009-09-25, 21:55   Link #377
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I've got this on "watch marathon on a rainy day".... looks like people are generally happy with what they got so looking forward to it.
Old 2009-09-26, 14:52   Link #378
Flash Gordon
I make anime funky

Spoiler for not really a spoiler, foo. Just a rather large screenshot:

Just look at that face.
Old 2009-09-27, 07:29   Link #379
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaweG View Post
Subs for 11 are out. Episode reminds me why I wish this was more than 12 episodes long. While Bakemonogatari has been an artistic triumph, I think in some ways this anime has actually touched my heart more.

FWIW...
Bakemonogatari was alright, but that show was a lot more about flashy dialog (you heard that right) and the sheer dour atmosphere of the supernatural. IMO not something as heartfelt as a more realistic show like this one is.

And yeah, the snowcapade episode showed a lot of potential for future episodes if that was to be the case. Way too short to build much out of. Sad.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 21:14   Link #380
firehawk12

I broke down and just watched the raws of 12. Not a bad ending, leading back to the first episode, but it felt a little too open ended for my taste. I guess it's a manga thing, but I just take Mihoshi and Saku getting together as a foregone conclusion, so I kind of wish they just ended on that instead.
firehawk12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, romance, school life, seinen