Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-07-13, 18:15   Link #4201
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorsai View Post
DragoZERO i just finished VK, was better then i thought it will be... First NTR i ever finished (i hate this kind of mangas)... Plot is quite good and realistic, Nitto isnt too smart and for the most time he makes mistakes one after another, but this make him real. On scale 1-6 i could give solid 4 for this manga...
It's not NTR nor is the series about NTR, so you should really stop saying it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirito View Post
Chapter 133 has been scanlated and released!

Spoiler for Chapter 133:

...I can't tell if this will be good for Seiji or not...
Yea, I don't know where we're heading with this. It feels like we're in the 15th inning and we're just hoping someone finishes the game, lol.
Old 2012-07-13, 18:54   Link #4202
ccie20012

Spoiler for 134 raw:
ccie20012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 00:17   Link #4203
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

If he doesn't end up with Shou there's no fucking chance I'm going to bother with this manga. That spoiler actually makes my blood curdle. What a crock of shit.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 00:38   Link #4204
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
It's bound to happen sooner or later, since the author wants to create a flair for the dramatic, so that Seiji and Shou will have an "excuse" to return to their respective former lovers.

The Yuki arc is going to be reopened sooner or later, again. But, it's just of matter of when and how it'll be initiated considering Yuki is still keeping a "low profile" from Seiji, at the moment.
Old 2012-07-14, 01:28   Link #4205
Nemuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
If he doesn't end up with Shou there's no fucking chance I'm going to bother with this manga. That spoiler actually makes my blood curdle. What a crock of shit.
lol this reminds me of KNIM tokyo arc. I only pray the female isn't dense for some reason.
Nemuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 01:31   Link #4206
Master Chibi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemuru View Post
lol this reminds me of KNIM tokyo arc. I only pray the female isn't dense for some reason.
I'll happily admit that KNIM is for the better now, way for the better and that arc was essentially filler and useless.

Good Ending is going against its own god damn NAME at this point.

Old 2012-07-14, 04:24   Link #4207
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
I'll happily admit that KNIM is for the better now, way for the better and that arc was essentially filler and useless.

Has the drama-bee stung you again?
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 06:20   Link #4208
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
It's not NTR nor is the series about NTR, so you should really stop saying it is.
As I said technically it wasnt but emotionally it was an NTR and thats what he and others mean by calling it an NTR. And In a way VK is an NTR (despite it not being the main focus of the manga - Kano did emotionally NTR him, and Nitta's girlfriend did technically and emotionally NTR him) manga despite not really being it.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 06:21   Link #4209
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
Quote:

why doesnt this forum have a banlist/blacklist
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 07:43   Link #4210
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaD36 View Post
why doesnt this forum have a banlist/blacklist
Well you can change the tags if you want, just not much or the Moderators will get on you. Overall, I really don't like this story and I just read another Manga that was bad before I read the new chapters. Its name was Love Allergen. Anyway, I see this taking a wrong turn.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 09:03   Link #4211
ccie20012

If Shou could say - "I love another - sorry, I do not care about the problems ex".
But this is impossible. Why are all the characters are soft, like wax.
They will never be happy. They will go round and round forever.
The only option - to go with his girlfriend to another city.
ccie20012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 09:08   Link #4212
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccie20012 View Post
If Shou could say - "I love another - sorry, I do not care about the problems ex".
But this is impossible. Why are all the characters are soft, like wax.
They will never be happy. They will go round and round forever.
The only option - to go with his girlfriend to another city.
Drama will be drama, won't be surprising if he does. Overall most of us see Yuki and him getting back together.
Old 2012-07-14, 09:53   Link #4213
Darth SpiderDen
Sekiryuutei

I'm just laughing at the fact Seiji ends up with a mentally problematic girl all the time - first Yuki and her trauma and now Shou and her trauma (that actually shouldn't be a trauma at all - guy acts like a jerk to you, you hate him or despise him or whatever, move on with your life).
Sheesh...
Oh and beware - there's still the ex-boyfriend of Yuki to reappear and screw this all up (and he will, no doubt about it).
Seiji will probably be alone but happy that all his friends are happy and no longer have any trauma......the good ending is for everyone else besides him I bet.
Old 2012-07-14, 09:59   Link #4214
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

I find that a quite sad ending, but I doubt Seiji will end up with nobody. Otherwise the whole good ending title doesn't match because everyone got to be happy.
Old 2012-07-14, 10:01   Link #4215
Darth SpiderDen
Sekiryuutei

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
I find that a quite sad ending, but I doubt Seiji will end up with nobody. Otherwise the whole good ending title doesn't match because everyone got to be happy.
Unless the author goes with the cliched "I'm happy with you being happy" and stuff like that for Seiji...I've seen quite a few of them in mangas so far and this one doesn't seem to be any different.
How a manga could make me like KNIM again is beyond me but it happened anyways.
Old 2012-07-14, 10:08   Link #4216
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

It is hard to predict anything in Romance manga, there are always twists.
Old 2012-07-14, 10:27   Link #4217
Master Chibi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
Has the drama-bee stung you again?
This isn't drama. This is a pretty sorry plot device when things are going perfectly fine. I just wish authors in this genre were more content in telling a competent story than something akin to an action title were something has to happen to drag on the story. I know that's selfish but damn it when I enjoy characters in a series it pains me to see them thrown stupid shit like this.

Old 2012-07-14, 10:29   Link #4218
Darth SpiderDen
Sekiryuutei

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
It is hard to predict anything in Romance manga, there are always twists.
Good romance mangas are hard to predict.
This one is not a good romance manga: the twists are predictable and always end up with:
- appearence of a former love interest for the girl (shounen romance) that mixes her feelings even though she likes the MC;
- Situation arises that makes her fell guilty and remember the past thus tending to go with the former love interest thinking now will be different;
- the former love interest always develops feelings for the heroine AFTER they separate;
- The MC pulls a desperate move from his pants and the manga ends with a premonition of the MC and heroine being together or starting to date.

Normally it goes like this and, so far, this manga seems to be going this way except for the final part.
Old 2012-07-14, 11:10   Link #4219
jzmagic
flargansbog

After 134, it's the beginning of the end for Shou and Utsumi.
jzmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 12:09   Link #4220
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
This isn't drama. This is a pretty sorry plot device when things are going perfectly fine. I just wish authors in this genre were more content in telling a competent story than something akin to an action title were something has to happen to drag on the story. I know that's selfish but damn it when I enjoy characters in a series it pains me to see them thrown stupid shit like this.
In order for fiction to work there has to be some kind of conflict. If the drama was toned down the majority of readers would've lost interest already - GE doesn't have any other feature such as comedy, fantasy, action etc. . The hardships characters have to go trough is actually what makes them interesting, it's not them picking flowers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth SpiderDen View Post
Good romance mangas are hard to predict.
This one is not a good romance manga: the twists are predictable and always end up with:
- appearence of a former love interest for the girl (shounen romance) that mixes her feelings even though she likes the MC;
- Situation arises that makes her fell guilty and remember the past thus tending to go with the former love interest thinking now will be different;
- the former love interest always develops feelings for the heroine AFTER they separate;
- The MC pulls a desperate move from his pants and the manga ends with a premonition of the MC and heroine being together or starting to date.

Normally it goes like this and, so far, this manga seems to be going this way except for the final part.
Bit too generalizing, don't you think?
Predictability surely cannot be the sole aspect in determining quality writing, there are plenty of good series that are very predictable as there are bad ones that use mind-boggling turns. Where does that notion of yours come from?

I also don't get why predictable twists would "always" turn into this specific ntr scenario that you presented. What you describe is a single part of the plot that is not even guaranteed to happen in GE, yet. More so does that mean every series to not incorportate that certain plot development is inherently good?
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
being good sucks, drama, kento boss, romance, shoukento, shounen, slice of life, yukiumi