AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2021-12-24, 13:33   Link #301
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

It's the night of all nights, and before we enter Christmas on this side of the world, I'd like to take some time to share an alternative set of thoughts concerning Aquatope on White Sand, both to present another view of things and to offset the negativity here. While I get that people are entitled to their own opinion of the show, it wouldn't be fair to allow predominantly negative thoughts to dominate this thread. For me, I hold that the magic in this series stems from the portrayal of the gap between childhood (the first half) and adulthood (the second half). The "magic" seen in this first half is a metaphor for how as a child, the world looks magical, whereas as an adult, one's role is to deliver magic. This is why the visions and kijimuna figure less prominantly once Kukuru begins working at Tingarla. I invite people to read this in greater detail, since my thought process is lengthier than what one could fit here, and I welcome any (constructive) feedback there.

I remark that it is with some irony that this time around, I'm on the other side of the fence in defending Aquatope on White Sand (whereas previously, with something like Glasslip, I would've been expressing dissatisfaction). With this being said, the reason why I'm not responding to Aquatope on White Sand the same way I did with Glasslip is because the messages are clearer, and there is no pretense that the anime was ever meant to be a deep philosophical work demanding of viewers expertise with obscure works like Albert Camus' "The Myth of Sisyphus". There is no abstract imagery, such as the multiple Kakerus, that require familiarity with Japanese avant-garde cinema to understand. With this in mind, I'm not expecting people to freely agree with my thoughts on Aquatope on White Sand as they did with Soulelle on Glasslip (the fact that Soulelle was wrong notwithstanding: my thoughts are at least, more coherent and more inspired than anything Soulelle came up with). However, I will note that whereas Soulelle presumed to insult people and tell them what to think with that ill-conceived "analysis", the contrarian opinion I provided is merely my own, albeit one to offset the negativity here.

I will reiterate again that people can make of Aquatope on White Sand what they will. However, some of the attempts at conveying this dislike here has been, for the lack of a better word, disappointing. Throwing around individual words like "cowardice" and acting as though that is a convincing argument won't fly, and the justification provided insofar has been limited. Just because an individual or small group of persons thought along those same lines does not make it the objective truth. Similarly, in my final impressions of Aquatope on White Sand and its penultimate episodes, I've had readers comment on the series' strong points, specifically in how it pertains to them. This series is far from P.A. Works' worst, and while varying individual experiences shape one's assessment of Aquatope on White Sand, these are (including mine) by no means a definitive and catch-all measure of the anime itself. As a parting remark, I do have to ask why people treated Soulelle's opinion of Glasslip with such deference when it added nothing to things, and then similarly not extend the same courtesy to those holding opinions of Aquatope on White Sand contrary to the prevailing sentiment.
Old 2021-12-24, 16:52   Link #302
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
Bloom Into You and Adachi to Shimamura are true yuri shows, with the source materials being yuri.

imo Aquatope writers just used the girl meets girl premise as bait to hook in yuri enthusiasts. Once I recognized the trap, I stopped hoping for any yuri relationship, and just focused on enjoying Fuuka's interactions with the other characters.
In fairness to my fellow "yuri enthusiasts" its been pretty rough lately, especially for those that are anime only. Adachi to Shimamura was pretty mediocre, Urasekai Picnic was worse, and there's nothing on the horizon I'm aware of. Hopefully I'm in Love with the Villainess gets adapted soon... it gets a lot of interest in the polls but still no announcement.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-26, 21:30   Link #303
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
Has Okada actually done any remotely decent yuri? She loves her osananajimi, so whatever triangle she might have come up with it would have been Kukuru with Kei in the end somehow.
Don't think so. Not saying that she really likes yuri or anything (Can't think of any yuri anime she did out of the top of my head), just that she doesn't shy away from grime-y stuff when she decides to do them.
And yeah, I think if she could choose, she would do Kukuru x the guy. Fuuka would just lose out but grow as a person, like True Tears.

...Wow, sounds interesting.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-26, 22:15   Link #304
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

So wait you would have Fuuka and Kukuru be rivals?

I kinda forgot but Mari Okada did work on Simoun. I can't think of much else she's done that was even decent bait. Black Rock Shooter maybe?
Old 2021-12-27, 09:29   Link #305
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
In fairness to my fellow "yuri enthusiasts" its been pretty rough lately, especially for those that are anime only. Adachi to Shimamura was pretty mediocre, Urasekai Picnic was worse, and there's nothing on the horizon I'm aware of. Hopefully I'm in Love with the Villainess gets adapted soon... it gets a lot of interest in the polls but still no announcement.
guess it comes to preference. I was entertained by Adachi to Shima, there is actually an english discord where plenty of fans gather. Urasekai also was ok for me.. the anime is mediocre, but the source material is good.

back on Aquatope. They were probably just trying to go for a wider audience, for more sales try to attract the yuri fans, which is the reason for setting up a story which looks to have possibility to go the yuri route.. girl meets girl, the guy in the workplace hates girls making him not a threat to the possible yuri. Thankfully, I've seen a few other heavy baiting kind of anime.. the most notorious of which is Euphonium - it made me hold off buying anything until some sort level of yuri is confirmed and not just bait - and true enough, there's no yuri in this show (cash saved). These days, if something does not reach Togo Mimori or Gun-chan levels of yuri vibes, then I won't buy anything from a show. I'm totally corrupted. lol

with all things said.. this show is still quite entertaining in the first half, and had a good time watching even if it had no real yuri.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2021-12-27 at 09:41.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-27, 12:36   Link #306
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

I need yuri kisses or I tune out... especially if a series goes 12 episodes and can't get past "but we're both girls!" Speaking of early kisses maybe something like Lonely Girl ni Sakarenai will get adapted soon... I can only hope.
Quote:
back on Aquatope. They were probably just trying to go for a wider audience, for more sales try to attract the yuri fans, which is the reason for setting up a story which looks to have possibility to go the yuri route.. girl meets girl, the guy in the workplace hates girls making him not a threat to the possible yuri.
CGDCT also have to avoid pesky het relationships... and fundamentally PA Works working series are rooted in CGDCT. Truth be told I never really saw Fuuka and Kukuru intimacy going past CGDCT levels... moreover Fuuka is just way out of Kukuru's league.
Old 2021-12-27, 19:18   Link #307
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
back on Aquatope. They were probably just trying to go for a wider audience, for more sales try to attract the yuri fans, which is the reason for setting up a story which looks to have possibility to go the yuri route.. girl meets girl, the guy in the workplace hates girls making him not a threat to the possible yuri. Thankfully, I've seen a few other heavy baiting kind of anime.. the most notorious of which is Euphonium - it made me hold off buying anything until some sort level of yuri is confirmed and not just bait - and true enough, there's no yuri in this show (cash saved). These days, if something does not reach Togo Mimori or Gun-chan levels of yuri vibes, then I won't buy anything from a show. I'm totally corrupted. lol

with all things said.. this show is still quite entertaining in the first half, and had a good time watching even if it had no real yuri.
I'll never understand why people think Euphonium was yuribait. Reina states in like the second episode she's in love with her male teacher.
Old 2021-12-27, 19:50   Link #308
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I'll never understand why people think Euphonium was yuribait. Reina states in like the second episode she's in love with her male teacher.
Reina and Kumiko have an intense emotional relationship, and large parts of society aren't really capable of seeing something like that without it involving sex.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-28, 02:07   Link #309
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Yea, but Reina says a lot of things.

It also didn't help she drained some of Shu's presence so people are going to assume things. Also:

Spoiler:

Eupho was not yuri, but certain scenes were definitely bait and Kyoani has been known to do this with many of their shows.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews

Last edited by Archon_Wing; 2021-12-28 at 02:19.
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-04, 17:46   Link #310
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
maybe something like Lonely Girl ni Sakarenai will get adapted soon...
this is what I'm really waiting for.

https://www.novelupdates.com/series/...us-young-lady/

"I'm in Love with the Villainess" is good too.. but without spoiling anything on the plot, what I don't like about it is it has three bishounen guys that also get focus in the story - well, each of them only has a bit of screentime but since there's 3 of them, then their screentimes combined.. that's a lot of screentime with guys. Tensei Oujo has just one prince who only takes a little screentime... so it's the better one for me. If I'm watching a show for the yuri, I wanna see girls, not more guys.

Quote:
Truth be told I never really saw Fuuka and Kukuru intimacy going past CGDCT levels... moreover Fuuka is just way out of Kukuru's league.
and that's one more reason why the first 12 episodes is the better one. Because it's focused on the better girl. Story of a former idol is more interesting... than Kukuru business lessons put onto my head in 13-24. lol

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2022-01-05 at 05:17.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-05, 08:40   Link #311
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
"I'm in Love with the Villainess" is good too.. but without spoiling anything on the plot, what I don't like about it is it has three bishounen guys that also get focus in the story - well, each of them only has a bit of screentime but since there's 3 of them, then their screentimes combined.. that's a lot of screentime with guys. Tensei Oujo has just one prince who only takes a little screentime... so it's the better one for me. If I'm watching a show for the yuri, I wanna see girls, not more guys.
I think that's kind of unavoidable given the "reincarnated into an otome game" premise. She needed to reincarnate into St. Michael's from Sono Hanabira or something if she expected a yuri buffet. I checked the Tensei Ojou manga out at some point but it seemed like too much of a slow burn for my tastes. The world building was intriguing though, so I'll probably keep up with it here and there... just caught up with it now that you brought it up.

We do need some real yuri anime regardless.
Old 2022-01-26, 09:34   Link #312
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

While different people are naturally entitled to different opinions of an outcome, there is a gap between a reasoned critique and unproductive bashing of a series. This post is intended to present counterarguments against some of the most egregious and gratuitous claims levelled against The Aquatope on White Sand. I count these points as poor, unworthy of agreement, because they offer nothing beyond mocking everything within this anime. Challenging poorly-formed criticism line-by-line is not in violation of the forum rules in any way. Assuming this forum is, of course, mature enough to handle criticism about criticism, instead of deleting it outright and labelling it a personal attack, let us continue:

TL;DR…

Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
No, P.A. Works should continue to make workplace anime as they see fit. The Aquatope on White Sand presents the workplace from the perspective of someone who is passionate about marine life and aquariums, but only has ever worked at a smaller aquarium without the business constraints that a larger aquarium has. There is no laziness in The Aquatope on White Sand whatsoever, and if anything, the portrayal of Kukuru finding her feet is a valid one, bringing to light the sorts of things that have crossed every beginner's mind at least once.

TL;DR…

Plenty happens throughout The Aquatope on White Sand, with the chiefest of these being that Kukuru does end up finding her footing and appreciation for how to turn her passion into something having a tangible, positive impact. Similarly, Fūka, who was lost when The Aquatope on White Sand began, comes to discover her passion for something new. Both Kukuru and Fūka positively impact one another, so it is demonstrably false that nothing happens. The goal of The Aquatope on White Sand is most definitely not to portray nepotism, but rather, show how one can make the most of what opportunities are presented to them.

Tetsuji's treatment at the hands of viewers is naïve. Workplace conflict is a common enough issue such that things like conflict management and resolution are vital disciplines in a given company culture. When there are people, there are bound to be disagreements, and when one disagrees with their supervisors, it is not mature or appropriate to simply quit without at least making a proper effort to see if these differences can be reconciled. The events shown in The Aquatope on White Sand are, of course, fictional, and therefore, nowhere representative of the work environment at P.A. Works.

Finally, there's no evidence presented that the Japanese viewers were disapproving of The Aquatope on White Sand. Unless a valid source is present, there is nothing to indicate this way of thinking is prevalent amongst the Japanese viewers, and even then, it represents the opinions of a small handful of individuals. Everyone is free to draw their own conclusions.

TL;DR…

Let's take these bullet points apart, one at a time.

TL;DR…

There are a lot of people in our lives, and I bet not everyone knows everyone with full omniscience. The large cast succeeds in creating a richer world for Kukuru and Fūka, using the cast size to show how Fūka begins to open up, and Kukuru begins to withdraw, as things get trickier. It is not necessary that we know every last detail about every individual. Next, idiosyncratic nicknames for the characters are immature and only sow confusion. It's Eiji.

Tetsuji's background is explored to a minimal, but satisfactory extent; again, it is doubtful that most employees know their supervisors' backgrounds as well as the back of their own hand. Having Director Akira provide the background is sufficient because it reiterates both the fact that sometimes, all it takes is a little more information so one doesn't judge another based on impressions alone.

TL;DR…

As previously noted, it is disrespectful to invent nicknames for the characters, not to mention obfuscating conversation. Kai's relationships are irrelevant to The Aquatope on White Sand since this isn't a love story, but supports Kukuru in his own way. Eiji and Kūya are supporting characters with differing backgrounds but share in common an extensive knowledge of marine life. Akira and Kukuru's grandfather are people who simply get the ball moving. We don't need to know everyone's lives down to the second in order to understand what their role in Kukuru's journey.

TL;DR…

The visions and kijimuna are metaphors for growth and maturity. The visions are common in the first half because Kukuru is still a child at this point in time, and the world creates miracles for her. As an adult, Kukuru is completely wrapped up in her own goals and aspirations. In doing so, she becomes too busy to see the magic in her world, but she also gives magic to others as a result of her work. The fact that the visions return in the finale is a way of saying that people who give magic to others will also receive magic in kind and be made aware of their contributions.

TL;DR…

Why not?

TL;DR…

Kukuru is very likeable and relatable. She's inexperienced and brash, but she's also determined, motivated and on more than one occasion, turns her thinking around after gaining a proper context of something. Maturity to break down a problem and approach it one step as a time is something that can be learnt over time, but a poorly motivated individual will not learn. Kukuru is passionate about marine life, and this passion pushes her further.

TL;DR…

I could say that it is fair to look down on people who look down on entire studios and genres, but that's neither here nor there. The ocean does not take a backseat in any way. Events constantly remind viewers of the interplay between humanity and the environment, and no time is wasted at all. In fact, mentioning conservation is to The Aquatope on White Sand's credit: it subtly reminds viewers of the importance of being mindful of ecosystems and not acting in a way as to cause harm, without brazenly preaching messages of environmentalism at the expense of the story.

TL;DR…

Aquarium staff are indicated to be uncommon, and Gama Gama's former staff each have relevant experience in an aquarium environment. It is logical to hire them wholesale, since they have a proven track record.

TL;DR…

Romance was never intended to be a part of The Aquatope on White Sand. Nothing in this series is ever saucy in any way, and the reason why love is mentioned periodically is because it comes up in daily conversation from time to time. Similarly to above, saying a friend said so is not exactly compelling. What were said friend's points?

TL;DR…

"Realistic" means adhering to what is reasonably expected of reality. Usually, this means events occur with a probability consistent to what one experiences. No story will be "realistic" in this sense because events are scripted to occur. However, The Aquatope on White Sand is authentic (and it is disingenuous to say otherwise): it presents a colourful (if fanciful) story of how people can come to regain their footing after suffering a great setback, and this process is helped along by both fateful encounters, as well as having a support system.

Nowhere does The Aquatope on White Sand tell people to give up on their dreams: it presents the idea that the sum of one's experiences and newfound perspective helps people to determine how they can achieve their goals even if the circumstances change.

TL;DR…

Where are the sales figures? A bunch of stars and no source isn't satisfactory.

TL;DR…

One doesn't get to tell someone else to just "turn off their brain and not think". That defeats the purpose of discussion and frankly, is insulting to others. It is fair to say something was not satisfactory or meeting one's expectations, but it is not appropriate to mock other viewers by telling them to stop thinking. The Aquatope on White Sand does happen to be an anime with a meaningful theme, well-written motifs and vivid imagery that requires a modicum of skill and open-mindedness to derive a meaningful conclusion from. So, let's do away with the belief that such a condescending criticism is something all of us should have to agree with. It's one person's perspective, and I find these points unconvincing for the reasons stated. With this in mind, if there are any justifications for why one should agree with a sarcastic tone, I'd be willing to hear said justifications out.
Old 2022-01-26, 14:50   Link #313
Ghostfriendly

I'm happy to accept the validity of spoilered criticisms above without any further evidence than the show itself. No objections to underdeveloped male characters, that's par for the course with these shows, but soulless main characters, over-saintly elders and yuri-baiting are quite right. When the grandparents are presented with such unanalysed positivity (As Sui Shijima in Hanasaku absolutely was not), and exert such a large influence on Kukuru's progress, in a country where the influence of conservative older generations has had a lot to answer for, it doesn't endear this series. Simple positive values like hard work, respect for family and friendship have a habit of turning into soulless clichés, even becoming toxic in unanalysed cloying excess, if you rely on dead parents, inspirational still-born siblings, insipid spectres and platitudinous speech, especially in ep 12, rather than the intense technical detail of Shirobako, or the nuanced continuous character development of Hanasaku Iroha. Of course, it's not such a bad show, as Goblin Slayer or Shield Hero are, that there's any great problem with someone liking it; if anyone else doesn't see things the same way, I don't mind.
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-26, 15:01   Link #314
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

As I've said, people can be fair in their criticisms, and their position would remain valid. What isn't valid, and what I'm going after, is insulting the characters by assigning them nicknames, and insinuating that anyone who wants to like this show needs to "turn their brains off". The spoilered criticisms are invalid because they were made in bad faith, and if you're actually agreeing with that nonsense, you're not engaged in any meaningful discussions. The manner of presentation matters, and I only respect a measured approach, versus a snarky, dismissive and confrontational style that leaves no room for understanding. Is there a case where that sort of attitude is productive?

Last edited by Infinite Zenith; 2022-05-29 at 21:10.
Infinite Zenith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-27, 15:22   Link #315
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
The whole yuri-baiting criticism has gotten way out of hand. I mean sure if you wanna look at it that way, cool, but people have been accusing this show of that since the very first promotional image. Which I feel like is kind of a unfair expectation towards the show. Which is why I hate the yuri fandom at times; they just dig at every chance at yuri, even if it's complete crap like Citrus. Granted a lot of yuri and yaoi "baits" are often just exploitative crap and are just straight people writing other people.

This coming from the dude with at least 4 (maybe 5) favorite female characters that are probably gay and resented most of their shows for treating non-herteronormative relations as fake news. (Although, not by Kyoani usually somehow )

I mean it's not like fuckin shows where they literally show more affection than some hetero couples show and show's like "no, it's just youth!" Point is I hate queer baiting a ton, and probably would have picked it up really fast.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews

Last edited by Archon_Wing; 2022-01-27 at 15:33.
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-27, 16:10   Link #316
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

The "baiting" is definitely an unreasonable criticism of Shiroi Suna no Aquatope in that from day one, this was sold as a coming-of-age workplace drama and not a romance. If a work is strictly presented as a romance, then yes, it is fair to expect that the story revolve entirely amount relationships and the like. But this isn't the case here. That being said, saying one wanted yuri in Shiroi Suna no Aquatope is fine, but assigning characters degrading nicknames when one's expectations weren't met isn't fine.
Old 2022-01-27, 16:55   Link #317
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Talking about different optinions. Apparently, Japaneese portal Myjitsu was very harsh about Aquatop and latest P.A. Works orignals in general prompting that they should go with adaptations instead.

I personally think that originals of this type is the thing they do the best, but seems like a lot of people disagree with it.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-27, 16:59   Link #318
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

I'm of a similar mind, but at the end of the day, money will talk. That said, if P.A. Works does good adaptations, I won't complain

Besides, the locations will probably be on point: I did a look around of the spots seen in Aquatope on White Sand, and it is stunning as to how true-to-life the anime spots are.
Old 2022-01-27, 17:04   Link #319
ryllharu

The "yuri-bait" vs coming-of-age argument is a deflection of the actual criticisms that this show completely and totally deserves.

It is inconsistent, muddled, unfocused, and ultimately mediocre. One of P.A. Works weaker offerings despite a strong first cour that showed promise.

The series soured many viewers in the second half because it failed on basic storyboarding and character development grounds between the two cours.

Who was the main character? Kukuru? Fuuka? Both? An ensemble like Sakura Quest or Shirobako?
  • If Kukuru, why was she completely passive in the second half? Events happened to Kukuru and she reacted to them. She's passive. That's not a lead character.
  • Fuuka drove her own storylines and character development but was largely out of the focus for much of the 2nd half. She was primarily used as a supporting character who somehow still had better-written character development than Kukuru. Most of the supporting cast had better writing than Second Cour Kukuru as well.
  • Fuuka is eventually Put On A Bus because the writers no longer knew what to do with her without making Kukuru even less impactful than she had slowly become.

Inconsistencies in tone and focus between the two cours. The series felt like two different series welded together for convenience in character design and locations. They have almost nothing to do with each other in tone or consistency of character besides sharing the same character designs and names. I'd compare this abrupt swap to Gatekeepers and Gatekeepers 21.
  • The majority of sub-plots, themes, and elements from the first cour are outright abandoned in the second.
  • Plot elements introduced in the second cour are also outright abandoned without the slightest mention.
  • The few that are kept are rapidly tidied-up and brushed under the rug.
  • Well-formed lessons about sea life and human interaction with it interwoven with the episode's sub-plots are shifted to exposition-lectures set to backdrops of sea life.
  • Character development is "Show" in the first cour and then "Drown viewer in exposition" in the second cour.

The series actively deflates its own tension in the second cour. Introduce a conflict, immediately and effortless resolve it without the leads being challenged in any way to contribute to that resolution. Good coming-of-age series do not do this. They give their leads obstacles to overcome. Some that linger. Aquatope's second cour does not do this. I've called it cowardly writing before and I stand by that statement.
  • It introduces and resolves conflicts between characters within the same episode. Which, strangely, the first cour doesn't do, looping back to my second point. It previously kept things moving across episodes to give the characters something to work with. What we got instead was work sitcom where "Everything just sorta works out~" for each of Kukuru's episodic crises of faith.
  • The majority of episodes in the second cour end with Kukuru in the exact same place with character development that she started in.
  • In the second cour, major conflicts that should be used as fuel for Kukuru's character development are simply hand-waved away to resolve them. I don't need to go into specifics because it is all of them. Kukuru is handed every success she has in the second cour, where she worked for each and every victory in the first cour.

By the end of the first cour, this was one of my favorite series of the season. I was very interested with what they were going to do with the second cour being a time-jump. Within four episodes of the second cour, it had dropped to the very bottom of my list.
ryllharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-27, 17:13   Link #320
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Except the show isn't deserving of the specific criticisms in question, which are immature, boorish and pulled out of that individual's ass. Who are these "many" viewers beside the one snide, uninformed and idiotic viewer who tried to act like they were the sole authority on things here? Are you an authority on what basic storyboarding is? Do you have a formal background in writing as to lend weight to your claims, or are you also arguing from your own subjective opinion? If you lack the formal background, your position has no greater weight than mine.

Now, since you're having considerable trouble understanding things, this series was about both Fūka and Kukuru. They're two halves of a whole, whose opposite backgrounds and traits complement one another and allow them to spur one another on. People aren't going to be in control of every step of their lives. Kukuru in the second half was overwhelmed and needed supporting, much as how Fūka had been lost in the first half and found support through Kukuru. Also, "put on a bus" is a trope. We don't use that here, as they're not valid, recognised literary devices.

The elements have not been abandoned, you just happened to forget about them. The transition from a smaller scale aquarium to a business is reconciled remarkably well in this series, and true to real life, not every single little thing will have resolution. The elements that are covered are covered well, unless they happen to run contrary to what your expectations of reality are like. That you feel the need to skip the details shows there is no evidence. I invite you to prove me wrong and provide every last detail to show otherwise. Finally, hard work runs over time. The work Kukuru put in during the first half contributes to how she's able to handle things in the second half.

You are, by all means, free to believe what you want. However, I expect a semblance of effort: if you're agreeing with that one individual just because they happen to align with you and saying their snide, sarcastic, and frankly, idiotic remarks have merit, you're in the wrong place.

Last edited by Infinite Zenith; 2022-05-29 at 21:42.
Infinite Zenith is offline   Reply With Quote