AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-04-04, 15:40   Link #21
Kamijou Touma IB
Imagine Breaker

That was a great 1st episode. I just love Zagan and Nephy. I read the books so I know what is upcoming.
Old 2024-04-04, 22:14   Link #22
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
That was cute .

Honestly I like Zagan and Nephy. Both seem to have had a painful history which makes the ship all the more endearing. Zagan makes me think a bit of Diablo from How not to summon a demon lord, just without being an isekai series. He's definitely awkward and really should clean up his house once in a while!

Nephy is gorgeous and I completely get him falling head over heels. Just wow. Thankfully he avoided actually having to explain why he purchased her. A cute reason, but embarrassing as heck to admit!

Good vibes overall and I'm going to enjoy keeping up with this one.
Old 2024-04-05, 04:29   Link #23
Lex79

I was just thinking that I needed more after watching the first episode and they gifted me another one.
Well, Zagan and Nephy are as entertaining to watch as they were to read in the LN.
Old 2024-04-05, 05:29   Link #24
magnuskn

What a crapsack world. Slavery, experimentation on humans, serial kidnapping for the same.

I kinda don't find myself in the mood for cordially ignoring how much I hate that setting, because from what I've seen I don't find the characters endearing at all. Zagan is just a man-child and Nephy seems way too submissive. So, dropped. I may be missing out on something later here, but I think I'll spend my time on shows I like more. Honestly, it's kinda refreshing to only have about three shows to watch each week, instead of the 8 - 15 per week I had over the last four seasons.
Old 2024-04-05, 07:22   Link #25
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Yeah the whole slavery thing is kinda... I mean I can enjoy an ecchi slave harem here and there but an actual romance feels like a stretch, and from the art I've seen that collar seems to be going nowhere anytime soon. This one might be a pass in the end.
Old 2024-04-05, 13:58   Link #26
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
What a crapsack world. Slavery, experimentation on humans, serial kidnapping for the same.

I kinda don't find myself in the mood for cordially ignoring how much I hate that setting, because from what I've seen I don't find the characters endearing at all. Zagan is just a man-child and Nephy seems way too submissive. So, dropped. I may be missing out on something later here, but I think I'll spend my time on shows I like more. Honestly, it's kinda refreshing to only have about three shows to watch each week, instead of the 8 - 15 per week I had over the last four seasons.
For what it's worth most of it doesn't really relate to the protagonists beyond a context for how they meet each other and begin their relationship.

I would give it at least two more episodes.
Old 2024-04-05, 16:33   Link #27
Kamijou Touma IB
Imagine Breaker

The 2nd episode was just so funny. Nephy is just so cute.
Old 2024-04-05, 22:30   Link #28
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

I suppose using every last bit of money he had to get Nephy would have some consequences . Probably could have secured her for less. But there was a sense of drama in going all in so...I can't blame him on that one .

Glad he's got enough sense to determine that she might look at him funny if he mugs the guy driving the coach . Although to be fair that does show the level of common sense in that world. It's a pretty brutal environment. Even Zagan's opponent was utterly wiped off the map. Because taking a life really isn't that big a deal within the circle of mages.

Also I've gotta say...that store clerk does good work! Yeah, I suppose the first outfit isn't good for casual wear (though maybe keep it for special occasions ) but she found great stuff for Nephy. Even Nephy couldn't keep a calm expression while in that first outfit! Gotta love embarrassed elves. The long ears going red just works so well.

Yeah, I suppose they best be careful regarding that collar! Not overly shocked though that they'd booby trap the darn thing to kill Nephy if someone tried to force it off.

It'll be a road for both sides, but especially for Nephy. Flashback really showed how long she's been treated like trash.

I love how the priest called Zagan the true perpetrator behind that case but after being questioned on that even once he abandons that argument and goes with "he's just evil."
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post

Seems like a good move to drop it then. If you don't like the characters or the setting there isn't any point in watching the show. So that's the best call to make. Especially if you are trying to whittle down your active watch list.

Although I have to wonder how Nephy is too submissive. The girl was clearly treated like a plague by her people and spent a decent amount of time in slavery with the expectation that she'd be killed. How submissive is appropriate for a person in that position ?
Old 2024-04-06, 02:11   Link #29
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Although I have to wonder how Nephy is too submissive. The girl was clearly treated like a plague by her people and spent a decent amount of time in slavery with the expectation that she'd be killed. How submissive is appropriate for a person in that position ?
Let's just say that I vastly prefer Yennefer to Triss.
Old 2024-04-06, 04:55   Link #30
larethian

Just enjoy seeing KY being the protag, since that has been his primary goal as a salaryman-turned-VA even before debuting. Nice to see him working at it consistently and able to land at least a new MC role almost yearly. I'd pretty much watch any show where he's the MC.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-06, 16:17   Link #31
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Zagan ans Nephy are as boring as I gave remembered, even in anime.
I'll wait for Justile and Barbaros' turn and see how their comedic antiques go. Assuming it gets there.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-06, 18:58   Link #32
Strahan

That second ep was ridiculously cute.

Also gotta love these fantasy world female armor choices:

Who cares about protecting the femoral arteries, we gotta have a cute frilly skirt of course! lol Though I guess I should appreciate that she at least has a proper breastplate/cuirass that doesn't have a cleavage window
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-08, 18:41   Link #33
Frontier

Did we jump straight to them sleeping together? Even if it's just Nephy sleeping next to this throne chair and Zagan not getting a wink of sleep as a result? I also love how she used his cape for a blanket and folded it up after she was done .

I see Zagan still has utterly no idea how to talk to girls or how to start a conversation. I think even Nephy is realizing he's kind of hopeless, especially when his idea of a meal is...jerky. But perfect excuse for a shopping trip with Nephy .

Zagan may be broke, but that just means a pleasant walk with Nephy! Or, failing that, getting to play the "hero" and slay some bandits and another Sorcerer so she doesn't have to worry and getting praise and money out of it! Nephy really brings out his best (and surprisingly popular) side .

Clothes shopping for Nephy! Complete with a winged waifu like Manuela who is cultured enough to immediately put Nephy in a skimpy leather bondage outfit because she totally misread their relationship...though Nephy looks pretty nice. And points for still trying to put her in a string bikini !

Though the final maid outfit they went for with Nephy is a perfect fit for her .

Respect to Zagan for wanting to take Nephy's collar off even if it's easier said than done, missing Marchosias' key, though the fact that he's willing to do it, cares about what she wants, and is being so kind to her makes Nephy start to realize the kind of person her Master really is...as do others, including more people he's accidentally saved !

Their first real dinner together! Not only does Nephy get to experience fine dining but Zagan gets to realize just how similar their childhoods were having to live off of barely anything and envious of those who had healthy and warm families. But now that Zagan has treated her, Nephy has decided to treat him of her own volition, complete with feeding him! They are so cute together !

Our redheaded Knight-Captain Chastille has Zagan on the brain, and she also just gets assigned to deal with him from the church...though while they want him dead whether or not he's actually responsible for any crimes, I feel like Chastille has more on her mind than executing him .

Cute, comfy, ending featuring Zagan, Nephy, and the entire cast !
Old 2024-04-11, 11:33   Link #34
Frontier

Zagan has been through a lot, especially with his rough childhood, but now he gets to wake up to a "Good Morning, Master" from Nephy who prepares breakfast for him and watches him while he sleeps. Is there no better living than that ?

She cooks! She cleans! Her ears wiggle when she's happy! She blushes like a tomato when she sits on your lap and you mutually feed each other! Nephy is the best! And Zagan's communication difficulties make him come off like a total chad with her !

Zagan was almost killed by a sorcerer when he was young, but he used said sorcerer's power and magic to turn against him and save himself, setting him on the path of using sorcery as a means of survival. And Nephy is a quick study on the nature of sorcery as well, so maybe she could learn it ?

Chastille really picked a bad time to intrude on Zagan's castle, especially right during a moment he was having with Nephy, and he really doesn't want to waste a second on her and her Angelic Knights...especially when he can pretty much defeat her guys in barely a minute .

Though Chastille calls his bluff and is able to hold her own against him, especially with a Sacred Sword that lets her slice through his magic like it's nothing. And she was hiding her true strength for half the fight as well. But she has a lot of complicated feelings about Zagan, especially after he saved her, and the rightness of her mission of decrying all magic when some, like Zagan, need it to survive...so all she can think to do is fake his death, risk being branded a criminal, to pay back her debt to him .

Though even if Zagan was willing to consider that (and it looked like he wouldn't for Nephy's sake), Nephy ends up settling things when she comes out, get targeted by Torres, and Zagan gets wounded protecting her...causing her to unleash the wrath of nature on Torres. And you thought Zagan was the scary one! Good thing Chastille had enough sense to get out of there and realize her man screwed up .

Nephy was branded a cursed child, cursed with white hair and elven mysticism, and it was that curse that caused her village to turn on her and treat her like an "other" and imprison her...only willing to use her power when it served their own ends to protect them from an invasion. So of course she didn't do anything and the village was destroyed, and she couldn't help but laugh...until the crippling guilt settled in and she blamed herself. But Zagan would've killed everybody in her place and believes the villagers had it coming, so he doesn't judge Nephy for it and fully accepts her and her power, and that's exactly what she was looking for all her life as they share a sweet embrace as Zagan comforts a crying Nephy .
Old 2024-04-11, 20:06   Link #35
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Oh my god. Nephy is the absolute cutest thing. Kana Ichinose is absolutely nailing it! The timely blushes, the wiggling ears, and her overall demeanor is just top tier. Geeze just have the wedding ceremony already guys . Well I guess unlocking the collar would come first but still...

Her past was certainly as messed up as expected. I wondered if they would sit on it for a while longer before any reveals. But no, we got right into it here. Treated like trash just because she had an unusual power. What a shock that telling someone treated like that to fight to defend them didn't work out . Truly these elves are tactical masterminds .

I'm kind of with past Nephy with the idea that they deserved what they got. Because they did! I'm getting a great laugh from imagining their horror when Nephy just casually turned her over to the attackers and left them defenseless! Suckers!

Zagan probably has the right approach too. Forget what she even did...just kill both sides! Nephy was half correct in her approach, but no reason to turn herself over to slavers either! Both sides suck!

I do like Chastille. She's in a tough spot there and this really was the best she could do. I'm glad that at least Zagan understood how far she was stretching out. And same with the fact that both sides know that they met before. So there's no one-sided misunderstanding here. That's kind of refreshing honestly. Sadly she couldn't keep her followers from doing anything stupid, but such is.

Also what was that moron thinking? They were out there based on the idea that Zagan was a sorcerer that was capturing and experimenting on people. Didn't he think for a moment that maybe she was a hostage!?
Old 2024-04-18, 11:31   Link #36
Frontier

We now return to our intimate moment with Zagan and Nephy...complete with Nephy blushing ear to elf ear! Especially Zagan finally properly thanks her for something .

Dang Nephy, jumping ahead to sleeping the same bed together? Though Zagan jumped ahead to imagining her naked in bed when she really just wants him to relax and take a break, because she's so pure and wholesome, though a lap pillow with a great view of her chest is pretty nice too .

If Nephy is this powerful even with her mana sealed, how powerful could she be if she truly learned to master her abilities as Zagan's apprentice? It would be great in-terms of self-defense, but she only wants that power to protect her beloved master...just like she wants to support him through his emotional pain, as she brings him into an embrace .

Barbatos is a real "friend," he seems genuinely disappointed Zagan looks no worse for wear from his encounter with the Angelic Knights and immediately acts dismissive of Nephy as anything more than a tool for Zagan. But he is probably the only person Zagan can really shoot the breeze with .

Look at a month of these two living in domestic bliss as Nephy takes care of the castle and Zagan teaching her to better control her mysticism! They look so good together .

Well, Zagan said he wanted to become an Archdemon (and that's what the show is titled), and he finally receives an invitation...and gets to see just how powerful the other 12 Archdemons are just from their presence alone. And now they're offering him up Marchosias' seat .

Why Zagan? He may not come off as the most powerful sorcerer, but he's a prodigy who can see magic and instantly understand/counteract it, and that gives him the potential to become even more dangerous in the future...which makes him perfect Archdemon material. Though even in his acceptance, he was only thinking of Nephy .

Well, Zagan is finally an Archdemon! Time to eat some fine Lamb Stew and celebrate with his Elf Bride, right? They even finally got Nephy's collar off! Wait...no, Zagan, don't kick her out because you think it's for her own good and leave her abandoned in an alley! The girl already has abandonment issues! You didn't even explain yourself properly! SHE WAS GOING TO MAKE YOUR FAVORITE DINNER YOU IDIOT !!!!
Old 2024-04-18, 13:56   Link #37
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Dang it Zagan! That dang idiot. His logic is just utterly bonkers anyways. He literally goes off on a spiel about how the moment he stepped onto that path there were only two paths. Did he somehow forget that not only was Nephy born with absurd magical power but he's also started her on the path of a sorcerer already! What is he talking about that she has a chance to live a normal life? Of course she doesn't! She has no home, no family, nowhere to go and no direction to go in. That place is literally the only home she's got!

I'm not surprised he took the position since it's really the endgame for a sorcerer anyways and it gave him access to the ability to free Nephy from that collar. At least her powers should be less restrained without it. But he truly made a bad call here.

At the very least I do appreciate that we got a look at how powerful Zagan is based on his specific talent. He's the type that was able to kill a reasonably powerful sorcerer based purely on talent and is the type that can only grow more dangerous with time. An anti-sorcerer type. Ironically it'd probably only be types like Nephy or sacred sword users that could pose a threat to him since he can't simply copy either of them.
Old 2024-04-18, 14:30   Link #38
Kamijou Touma IB
Imagine Breaker

An Archdemon's Dilemma How to Love Your Elf Bride was great today. Poor Nephy but it had to be done for her safety. Poor Zagan thinking he has do it to begin with, the idiot.
Old 2024-04-18, 17:36   Link #39
scififan

The story is similar to Konyaku Haki Sareta Reijō o Hirotta Ore ga. The guy is a strong magician. Due to his over powered magic, his nickname becomes demon king. He crushes anyone gets in his way. The gal is a damsel who lacks social skill, but she has potential to be a great magician. The romance between the guy and the gal is at elementary school level. They get embarrassed easily. It takes time for them to get used to each other.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-18, 22:40   Link #40
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Dang it Zagan! That dang idiot. His logic is just utterly bonkers anyways. He literally goes off on a spiel about how the moment he stepped onto that path there were only two paths. Did he somehow forget that not only was Nephy born with absurd magical power but he's also started her on the path of a sorcerer already! What is he talking about that she has a chance to live a normal life? Of course she doesn't! She has no home, no family, nowhere to go and no direction to go in. That place is literally the only home she's got!
I guess at the end of the day he's still really emotional inexperienced/immature.