AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 28 27.45%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 29 28.43%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 26 25.49%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 8.82%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.94%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.96%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.98%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.98%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 2.94%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-12-23, 19:49   Link #41
usr9857

Spoiler for scene:
usr9857 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-23, 19:59   Link #42
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by usr9857 View Post
Spoiler for scene:
It's been like that for the other guys too.

Specifically when Tiera was fighting Soma. That fight he was underestimating her as well as Sergei's team.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-23, 20:14   Link #43
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Spoiler for scene:
Lockon being the sniper that he is, i'd expect that kind of reaction. Especially his "making me use my beam saber."
Old 2007-12-23, 20:59   Link #44
usr9857

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Lockon being the sniper that he is, i'd expect that kind of reaction. Especially his "making me use my beam saber."
That I did expect, he is not used to fighting close up.

What I am saying is that the Gundam Meisters are underestimating their opponents when time and time again they surprise the Gundam Meisters.
usr9857 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-23, 21:04   Link #45
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Quote:

What I am saying is that the Gundam Meisters are underestimating their opponents when time and time again they surprise the Gundam Meisters.
That is to be expected, especially when things are STILL going your way most of the time. Do you realise that apart from the scenes in which the Meisters found themselves in deep crap (Discovering Ptolemaois, Ali Al Sarges vs Setsuna), the operations so far in quelling conflict and 'ending war' their own way have been smooth sailing?

When you're in a position of superiority, one tends to get a little...complacent. If that expression on his face showed it all, then I guess they need a few more wake-up calls.
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-23, 21:12   Link #46
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Hahahaha Ali ownage =O... 8/10 for me =O

Edit: As for Marina...

Look, Relena might have had everything thrown at her including the kitchen sink, but at least that woman had some guts.
Lacus was pure ownage, and either you loved it or hated it.

But Marina is just a useless whining drama-llama pansy-ass bitch. I really *hope* she eats it because she's eating up screen time and I'm getting really annoyed with this world-is-supposed-to-be-good-whining-dipshit that loses her breath every time she comes across an OH NOES situation.

I hope Ali kills her himself >=).

Last edited by Demongod86; 2007-12-23 at 21:53.
Demongod86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-23, 22:14   Link #47
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Quote:

Alex seems to make a point when he sees Setsuna in action.

"He relies too much on the Gundam's abilities."

Finally watched the episode in subs and man, those Realdos on the ground protecting the captial looked pretty bad ass.

Quote:
I hope Ali kills her himself >=).
I'm beginning to think this guy works for some third - party other than PMC but I'm curious as to what he's really up to and such.
Old 2007-12-23, 22:36   Link #48
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

I dont understand the role of Saji and Louise in here.Are they here to lighten the mood of the show or to judge the actions of CB from a civilian's point of view?

I think Marina is not capable enough to act as the princess of her kingdom.Shirin would have been better,although she seem like a woman with ulterior motives to me.I wonder why Marina is chosen though

Last edited by MUAHAHAHAHAHA; 2007-12-24 at 03:50.
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-23, 22:42   Link #49
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

Saji is there to start this gundam series's own harem, of course. He starts with Louise, has already captivated her MILF, and after his orbital encounter with our latest pop-star several episodes back, soon he will be on the Ptolemy to seduce the likes of Felt, Christina, and Sumeragi. Geez, don't you watch anime?

You also know there will be some doujin involving his sister, but let's not dwell on that.
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-23, 22:43   Link #50
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean_the_Young View Post
Saji is there to start this gundam series's own harem, of course. He starts with Louise, has already captivated her MILF, and after his orbital encounter with our latest pop-star several episodes back, soon he will be on the Ptolemy to seduce the likes of Felt, Christina, and Sumeragi. Geez, don't you watch anime?

You also know there will be some doujin involving his sister, but let's not dwell on that.
Yeah i do watch anime,but harem anime is definitely not my cup of tea.I prefer action
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-23, 22:46   Link #51
Phantom-Takaya
INTJ
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via MSN to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via Yahoo to Phantom-Takaya
Wow. I didn't think Relena would be placed higher than any character any time soon, but it looks like Marina's beaten Relena in the all-time low in one person's eyes. Of course, I personally don't think lowly of them. I can understand their personalities and the situations they're in as it is. I can't say much about Lacus. She's strange as it is, seeming to take the high road all the time.

Now Ali Al Sergeis is somewhat of a variable villainous type of character. This story needs one anyways, else things will get too predictable. A thread a few episodes back had someone say he resembles that one bad guy in Full Metal Panic. Well, I can see what they're talking about as the episodes progress, though he's got his own style of doing things... and not as obsessively insane. He's not unoriginal at all. He's got his own sense of self. Their goals and motives just appear to be very similar. In fact, it would be interesting to see if somehow he's tied to the anti-Celestial Being terrorist attacks as a twist.
Phantom-Takaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-23, 23:51   Link #52
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Ali in fact reminds me of the McDougall brothers from Outlaw Star in that his motivation is money and he'd stir up conflict just to be hired as a mercenary in a conflict not his own. To him, war is just another payday, so he's cool in that way.

And as for Relena, at least the woman had some guts. Marina is just spineless.
Old 2007-12-24, 00:10   Link #53
fuzzles
anal retentive

Send a message via AIM to fuzzles
great episode loving the side characters and that reporter girl's investigation. i hope they finish up soon one of the things i really look forward to is the background and history of celstial being the action is just a plus

2 weeks those @#&$*%^$@#!
fuzzles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-24, 00:36   Link #54
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinatsu-no-miya View Post
I dont understand the role of Saji and Louise in here.Are they here to lighten the mood of the show or to judge the actions of CB from a civilian's point of view?And since Louise's mom knows someone from AEU,perhaps she will introduce him to work there against CB.

I think Marina is not capable enough to act as the princess of her kingdom.Shirin would have been better,although she seem like a woman with ulterior motives to me.I wonder why Marina is chosen though
They are what Bulk and Skull were to the Power Rangers.

They are just there for comedy relief and will on a now and then basis get themselves caught up with CB.
Old 2007-12-24, 00:38   Link #55
AlphaDragoon
Flame of the Dragonslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
It's been like that for the other guys too.

Specifically when Tiera was fighting Soma. That fight he was underestimating her as well as Sergei's team.
Well, to Tieria's credit...if he had went Nadleeh on Soma's ass earlier, she would've gotten SMOKED.
AlphaDragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-24, 01:11   Link #56
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDragoon View Post
Well, to Tieria's credit...if he had went Nadleeh on Soma's ass earlier, she would've gotten SMOKED.
Yeah well the Nadleeh is a trump card, suppose to be used only as a last resort. The fact that she forced him to use it is evident that Soma isn't someone you should take lightly.
Old 2007-12-24, 01:18   Link #57
SonicX_Zero
Kill Kira

Well despite the action scenes, this ep. was okay or maybe alright. =/ I was sort of hoping that Ali and Graham would have had showdown one way or another... perhaps in future eps. seeing them fight against each other would be far more interesting than any of the meisters.
SonicX_Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-24, 01:26   Link #58
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean_the_Young View Post
Since two of the three powers have the generator system online, and one is somewhat near completion, this isn't likely, especially with the amount of forces they all put around their elevator. (However, my suspicion is that the end of the half-season will be about the defense of one of the towers, perhaps the Union's, against some other force.)
well, what I mean is that they may be worrying about some possible unforseeable problems occur in the future so they'll need the petroleum oil for some emergency use. the solar energy generators are still a relatively new energy source, there's no telling whether there's some hidden problem somewhere.
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-24, 01:48   Link #59
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Now that I've finally got down to watching the episode...

Spoiler:

Not too bad an episode, but aside from the fight and the preview (Wang Liu Mei in nice dress=Mmmm... ), nothing too exciting.
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-24, 02:24   Link #60
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinatsu-no-miya View Post
And since Louise's mom knows someone from AEU,perhaps she will introduce him to work there against CB.
How was this revealed? Was it in this episode? I couldn't catch it the first time through.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owaranai Destiny View Post
-As it is said by Rasa, there are people who don't like change, and that might account for the reason why oil is still being used as a primary source of energy. Of course, that would mean becoming 'backward' again, though the people might not realise it due to their devotion to their 'God'. Perhaps using their own resources has some significant religious meaning.
Perhaps, but I think (at least among some of the conservatives, perhaps those behind this coup de'tat) that religion is just one of the tools being used as an excuse to hide some people's own personal agenda, be it political or economical (like Ali's apparent motivation) or of some other nature.

And IIRC, historically Islam (assuming that's the religion being used in 00's Azadistan) has been known to thrive along side commerce (among other things). And the very nature of commerce is to recognize the value of foreign goods (like resources). Of course, with the regulation on their own resource by the UN, I guess some hostility towards the UN and other foreign influences could be expected.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote