AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-01-14, 23:09   Link #61
Setsuna.F.Seiei
Gundam Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konpachi View Post
^ XD!!

Requesting an edit into the FIRST post or title, even, to mention that the new series will be a REMAKE, following CLOSER TO THE MANGA. to end pple continously asking if it's a sequel or remake.
so ah...is it a sequel or remake then?
Old 2009-01-15, 05:14   Link #62
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Got my Newtype today, here are the scans:

There isn't a whole lot of new information, and they're definitely holding back in terms of showing too much. It's 100% a reboot, with no links to the original series. It's a manga adaptation and they asked each of the main staff members who their favorite manga character is.
Old 2009-01-15, 06:28   Link #63
Same_Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
Or maybe some of the previous group of voice actors are not returning for a second round.

Is there any sources out there that says what the general outline of the story is going to be? I really want to know whther i can expect a continuation of the other TV series or a new series that follows the manga....
If Romi Paku & Rie Kugimiya don't return as Ed & Al, then hopefully Junko Minagawa & Chihiro Kusaka can voice them again. Just incase no one knows what I'm talking about, Junko Minagawa & Chihiro Kusaka voiced Ed & Al in a drama CD.

Junko Minagawa's Page (Voice reel included!)

Chihiro Kusaka's Page (Contains voice reel!)
Old 2009-01-15, 07:12   Link #64
ChibiGoku
FightingMagic Founder

More than likely, Romi Park and Rie Kugimiya will atleast be back to voice them. As far as I am aware, they are their official voice actors and they've been using them in promotional commercials for FMA related stuff (as well as some minor Shounen Gan Gan stuff from time to time). While I'm not ruling out the possibility that they'll be recasted, it just seems unlikely.
Old 2009-01-15, 17:24   Link #65
Wargumm1i
Hentai

I didint like the 1st FMA, mostly because of what happen to Rose about the implied rape thing. But it was not really confirmed, but still that was one of the things that pissed me off.

So as long as this doesnt happen in the manga or 2nd FMA then im OKEI
Old 2009-01-15, 17:41   Link #66
One_To_Protect
Call Me Pip

I hope they do not talk as much as they did in the old series. I need more action!
Old 2009-01-15, 20:46   Link #67
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
I didint like the 1st FMA, mostly because of what happen to Rose about the implied rape thing. But it was not really confirmed, but still that was one of the things that pissed me off.

So as long as this doesnt happen in the manga or 2nd FMA then im OKEI
It doesn't happen in the manga, so it shouldn't happen in the second anime. Rose is running a food kitchen when we meet her later.
Old 2009-01-15, 21:33   Link #68
Setsuna.F.Seiei
Gundam Meister

so now its confirm to be a manga adaptation?
sweet!!

so maybe they will put all those characters in this new animation right?
like Ling and all those homonculus such as Pride and the new Greed?

how about the Father?
Old 2009-01-16, 03:49   Link #69
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
It doesn't happen in the manga, so it shouldn't happen in the second anime. Rose is running a food kitchen when we meet her later.
Thank god, because the whole Rose getting or implied rape is what made me loose or get pissed at 1st FMA.
Old 2009-01-18, 12:13   Link #70
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setsuna.F.Seiei View Post
so now its confirm to be a manga adaptation?
sweet!!

so maybe they will put all those characters in this new animation right?
like Ling and all those homonculus such as Pride and the new Greed?

how about the Father?
Maybe, but that means we'll be spending at least a few episodes introducing all of them.

I think this will be a remake of the anime since the first one didn't really follow the manga at all. So don't be surprised if canon gets shot to hell trying to explain what happened in the previous series while this new one tries to align itself to the manga without confusing the viewers. In other words, filler is a possibility.
Old 2009-01-20, 05:30   Link #71
Balder8472
I have a License

I thought the Fullmetal Alchemist film ended with both Al and Edward suck in the real world or am I mistaken? and in the real world they can't use Alchemy either
Old 2009-01-20, 05:40   Link #72
Kikuchi

Yeah but the manga is totally different. The anime follows the manga only up to episode ~30, and with major variations at some points.
Old 2009-01-20, 09:38   Link #73
karumofin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikuchi View Post
Yeah but the manga is totally different. The anime follows the manga only up to episode ~30, and with major variations at some points.
yeah but i still have to wonder, will the new anime be almost identical up to episode 30 of the old one as well?
Old 2009-01-20, 10:13   Link #74
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by karumofin View Post
yeah but i still have to wonder, will the new anime be almost identical up to episode 30 of the old one as well?
The original anime was "based on the manga" to around episode 25 (technically 20), not 30. However, almost half of the content was filler (including at least 5 episodes that were entirely filler).
Old 2009-01-20, 20:47   Link #75
Yuuu

Am I the only one who really doesn't care for the new character designs? I know they more closely resemble the manga, but I'll take the ones from the original series thanks...

And I'm really really disappointed the composer from the original series isn't coming back. She was so incredible.
Old 2009-01-21, 23:10   Link #76
Setsuna.F.Seiei
Gundam Meister

wats a filler?
Old 2009-01-21, 23:15   Link #77
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
I wonder if they will leave off at a certain episode from the anime and star from there. I haven't read the manga, which episode did it start to get 0_o?
Old 2009-01-22, 18:36   Link #78
Charred Knight

Well the first major plot difference was the whole Nina chimera thing, in the anime a certain character lives, while in the manga that character died.

Though it starts to really change with the Greed arc, for example Dante is not in the manga, she was created specifically for the anime.

The final boss in the manga is someone different
Old 2009-01-24, 09:57   Link #79
TheCaptain

I am very upset that the new anime series is going to be a rehash instead of a sequil to the original with new storylines. I will watch it anyway to see how it pans out, but still, I am all bummed out about it.
Old 2009-01-24, 12:41   Link #80
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCaptain View Post
I am very upset that the new anime series is going to be a rehash instead of a sequil to the original with new storylines. I will watch it anyway to see how it pans out, but still, I am all bummed out about it.
For the n+1st time, this is not a rehash. It is being done proper to the manga story. Since we still don't know how they are planning to start it, we can only guess how long they will spend on "old" material. If they did do the manga from chapter 1 page 1 to chapter 100 page 40, the first 5-6 episodes would have "recap" content from the first 8-14 or so eps of the first season. Almost everything after that will have major changes and by around episode 13, it would be entirely new material (Corresponding to around episode 22 or so of the original series).
Closed Thread