AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-24, 18:50   Link #21
Blackbeard D. Kuma

I'm not going to get my hopes up yet about this spoiler, since it is unusually early. I do hope it is true, though.

Doflamingo instigating some real bloodshed is no surprise, considering how the last chapter foreshadowed that he was definitely going to make some kind of move. I find it funny how some people are upset at Doflamingo's actions. What did you expect him to do? Sit idly by and do nothing? It's also not like Oars could have put up a fight against the fearsome might of the warlords. Each one alone is more than adequate to take him out, as demonstrated by Doflamingo in this chapter. It's great to see this bastard in action .

Here's to hoping that Oars succumbs to his severe injuries and eventually dies, which will allow Moria to take his corpse and have Dr. Hogback patch him up. All that would be left would be to acquire a powerful shadow, and there should be more than enough of those in the New World. Perhaps he'll snatch one of the New World captains shadows in this war, and then he'll be all set afterward.
Old 2009-08-24, 19:06   Link #22
james0246

^"...and then he'll be all set afterward..." for Luffy to beat him without the Nightmare power-up .

Seriously though, Moria and Odz together were supposed to equal or slightly surpass Kaidou, so Doflamingo seemingly effortlessly taking down Oars III is pretty badass and amazing...if it is true . (Addmittedly, we can't fully compare Oars III with Odz, true they look the same, but we still haven't seen Oars fight, so he might be significantly more intelligent that his ancestor.)
Old 2009-08-24, 19:11   Link #23
noktown

And what's more interesting is that it seems like there is no special condition to activating his powers (Don's powers).

I dunno,i was thinking that maybe you have to look into the victim's eyes or something and here he did it out of nowhere.
Old 2009-08-24, 19:41   Link #24
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^"...and then he'll be all set afterward..." for Luffy to beat him without the Nightmare power-up .
You really want this, don't you ? The only reason why I'm so adamant in my claim that Luffy is not shichibukai level yet is because he defeated two of them illegitimately. Oda carefully orchestrated those two fights to give Luffy some kind of advantage. Luffy has yet to beat a warlord without help, special circumstances, or a major handicap in his favor. He needs to beat one fair and square, much like his victory over Rob Lucci. Luffy was unarguably the stronger of the two in that case.
Old 2009-08-24, 20:18   Link #25
marvelB

I admit that that it certainly would be interesting if Oars would be the first "casualty" in this war so Moria can swipe his corpse and make him his new super-soldier. However, for some reason I'm not really expecting a rematch between the shadow man and Luffy to occur. I mean, I know that Luffy defeated Moria with a couple of convenient plot devices and all, but we're pretty much "past" Moria now that Thriller Bark's ended. Besides, Luffy's not one to have rematches with guys he's already beaten anyway (if that were the case, the Impel Down arc probably would've ended up being longer than it turned out, indeed)......
Old 2009-08-24, 22:13   Link #26
Crusader

Send a message via MSN to Crusader
Holy shi....... Did Doflamingo just do that? I guess he don't do anything half way. I was totally underestimating his abilites.... Wow just wow. Excuse me while I pick my jaw off the ground.
Old 2009-08-24, 22:29   Link #27
Azncoke123

Man that guy is def The Joker of One Piece.
Old 2009-08-25, 04:23   Link #28
james0246

A new spoiler, not confirmed (though it validates the Oars III v. DoFlamingo "fight"), has been released which explains that Blackbeard was on Level 6 looking for Poseidon (which he finds).

Again, this is not confirmed (though it will be confirmed or not in just a few hours).
Old 2009-08-25, 04:40   Link #29
andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
You really want this, don't you ? The only reason why I'm so adamant in my claim that Luffy is not shichibukai level yet is because he defeated two of them illegitimately. Oda carefully orchestrated those two fights to give Luffy some kind of advantage. Luffy has yet to beat a warlord without help, special circumstances, or a major handicap in his favor. He needs to beat one fair and square, much like his victory over Rob Lucci. Luffy was unarguably the stronger of the two in that case.
Let's not go over this again luffy beat 2 warlords. If you think they story give him a advantage that up to you. But that's in the past and the same way you think they luffy had a advantage ,i think it's the other way around, both warlords had advantage over him . Plus it not like all warlords are the same in power any way . Warlord level is already hax since mihawk is warlord , there is no way luffy going to be as strong at this point in the story as some one who might not get beat until near end .So you can't really group all the warlords together.

Saw the new spoiler looks like the first set might be real but still going to wait until we get more info.
Old 2009-08-25, 05:03   Link #30
tsunade666

Its not really a problem if the old age show all their prowess. It will be their end anyway. I mean its the time of THE NEW AGE!. And I think don is a well suited enemy for luffy. I'm waiting a showdown for them right now! but maybe it will not end of rather a unexpected thing will happen or rather expected they will be interrupted and will rise a future enemy. Blackbeard is also nearby besides rayleigh but I'm not hoping of him showing up. and also dragon. This war is between white beard and the marine HQ. I hope marine HQ will go down as for whitebeards fall. And a new age will also arise with it. Together with new world and the remaining 3 emperor........ it will be truly funny if buggy really become a emperor.
Old 2009-08-25, 05:11   Link #31
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

That looks fake too me. I just don't believe even some like DoFlamingo could beat Oars so easily, let alone cut off his leg. Moria would be very unhappy because he wants its corpse intact.
Old 2009-08-25, 05:21   Link #32
andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihawkXGP View Post
That looks fake too me. I just don't believe even some like DoFlamingo could beat Oars so easily, let alone cut off his leg. Moria would be very unhappy because he wants its corpse intact.
Moria could always get hogback to put it back together no big deal.
Old 2009-08-25, 05:37   Link #33
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

Quote:
A new spoiler, not confirmed (though it validates the Oars III v. DoFlamingo "fight"), has been released which explains that Blackbeard was on Level 6 looking for Poseidon (which he finds).

Again, this is not confirmed (though it will be confirmed or not in just a few hours).
I thought Whitebeard was modeled of the Greek God Poseidon.
Old 2009-08-25, 05:39   Link #34
nicepace
The congueror Of The EAST

No big deal...certainly...
Old 2009-08-25, 05:43   Link #35
shankss
CP10

Quote:

Well it sounds pretty right.Blackbeard is the main villain and Poseidon+Pluton are the H-Bombs of One Piece world.Maybe when this war is all over and Blackbeard'll make his appearance on a legendary mass destruction weapon, the real second half story of One Piece will begin.

And maybe Luffy will give a break to One Piece and search for Pluton to prevent BB from becoming Pirate King? Why make 2 weapons while you can have one
Old 2009-08-25, 06:14   Link #36
SMASHERJACKSON

if it is indeed is posoiden then i guess we have the answer as to how WB will be defeated...
Old 2009-08-25, 07:44   Link #37
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
Moria could always get hogback to put it back together no big deal.
Oh. It looks like the script confirms the pictures are infact true. How tragic for Oars that he goes down like that

Also in the chapter, Hancock turns lotsa pirates to stone, as well as some Marines and then shatters them...which 1 can safely assume means death.
Old 2009-08-25, 07:44   Link #38
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

I just checked OP Wiki. I forgot Poseidon was a weapon, I'm thinking it was a person that is on the 6th Level named Poseidon, because... well... Impel Down is a prison. Which makes me wonder why would a weapon be inside of a prison.
Old 2009-08-25, 07:46   Link #39
andy

full spoilers out

Nja spoilers
Title: Oars and kasa
coverstory: Nami's weather report in sky island
(kasa is a type of buddhist hat)

The story starts out with Oars rampaging through the marines.
He's about to break through their defence line.
The giant marines say how they usually fight looking down, they've never fought looking UP
They charge in to Oars Jr, but can't stop him.

Oars breaks through their defences, and the pirates follow him into the bay
The first pirates to break through charges at Hancock, but she turns them all into stone
She attacks with Aroma Kicks (Nja didn't provide with furigana, so we don't know what the
move is really called, Aroma Kick is from the kanji)
And the stoned pirates shatter into pieces.
However, some marines got caught in the fray and shattered as well.
Marines are questioning if she's going to turn against them.
Hancock replies, she agreed to fight Whitebeard, but you men are all still my enemies.
Well, other than "that man". You have to realize that. Forgive me... for my beauty.
Marines become lovelydovey

The unstoppable Oars comes right next to Whitebeard
Whitebeard advises him that bravery and wanting to die is a different thing.
Oars Jr asks him (politely) to understand him, he just wants to save Ace as soon as possible

Whitebeard orders his men to support Oars, but Oars takes focused fire by the marines due to his size
Still he gets to the square where Ace is held, but Kuma attacks him with Ursa Shock, and Oars is badly damaged.
He has a huge kasa on his back, but that falls onto the sea.
Oars stairs at it, as the scene goes to flashback....

Ace: Because you're closer to the sun, I'll give you this kasa!
Ace's crew: Because he's fire, he burned this thing up twice while attempting to make it... take care of it!
The kasa kept him from getting wet in rain, and stopped snow from gathering around him.

Oars gets back on his feet, to save the gentle hearted Ace
To at least take out one Shichibukai....
He attacks DoFlamingo, but DoFlamingo casually dodges it, and flies up in the sky.
He jumps to around Oars Jr's head, then cuts off his right leg. (with a powerful unseen string?)
Oars falls down, but he tries to reach out to grab Ace
Moria: Damn that bastard Doflamingo!! I told him I wanted his corpse, but he goes and cuts off his leg!!
He creates a long spear made of shadow, and stabs Oars in the heart.

The chapter ends as Oars Jr die.

Nja
Sorry to cut you guys off...

Whether Oars died or not isn't clear

Hancock is trashing enemies up, but the only parts that's shattering are the parts that got stoned. There's some pirates and marines still talking as their right arm is crumbling, so it's not clear if they are dead.

I thought I should follow up on this.

taken from AP
Old 2009-08-25, 07:50   Link #40
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
full spoilers out

Nja spoilers
Title: Oars and kasa
coverstory: Nami's weather report in sky island
(kasa is a type of buddhist hat)

The story starts out with Oars rampaging through the marines.
He's about to break through their defence line.
The giant marines say how they usually fight looking down, they've never fought looking UP
They charge in to Oars Jr, but can't stop him.

Oars breaks through their defences, and the pirates follow him into the bay
The first pirates to break through charges at Hancock, but she turns them all into stone
She attacks with Aroma Kicks (Nja didn't provide with furigana, so we don't know what the
move is really called, Aroma Kick is from the kanji)
And the stoned pirates shatter into pieces.
However, some marines got caught in the fray and shattered as well.
Marines are questioning if she's going to turn against them.
Hancock replies, she agreed to fight Whitebeard, but you men are all still my enemies.
Well, other than "that man". You have to realize that. Forgive me... for my beauty.
Marines become lovelydovey

The unstoppable Oars comes right next to Whitebeard
Whitebeard advises him that bravery and wanting to die is a different thing.
Oars Jr asks him (politely) to understand him, he just wants to save Ace as soon as possible

Whitebeard orders his men to support Oars, but Oars takes focused fire by the marines due to his size
Still he gets to the square where Ace is held, but Kuma attacks him with Ursa Shock, and Oars is badly damaged.
He has a huge kasa on his back, but that falls onto the sea.
Oars stairs at it, as the scene goes to flashback....

Ace: Because you're closer to the sun, I'll give you this kasa!
Ace's crew: Because he's fire, he burned this thing up twice while attempting to make it... take care of it!
The kasa kept him from getting wet in rain, and stopped snow from gathering around him.

Oars gets back on his feet, to save the gentle hearted Ace
To at least take out one Shichibukai....
He attacks DoFlamingo, but DoFlamingo casually dodges it, and flies up in the sky.
He jumps to around Oars Jr's head, then cuts off his right leg. (with a powerful unseen string?)
Oars falls down, but he tries to reach out to grab Ace
Moria: Damn that bastard Doflamingo!! I told him I wanted his corpse, but he goes and cuts off his leg!!
He creates a long spear made of shadow, and stabs Oars in the heart.

The chapter ends as Oars Jr die.

taken from AP

awesome and handcock is awesome lol
I still do hope that Oars isn't actually dead, but just out of it because of his injuries. But in anycase, this is starting to look like a real war, with people bein killed.
Closed Thread