AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: What battle was the epitome of the CE era.
Strike Vs Aegis: Final Duel 79 56.43%
Freedom Vs. Providence 39 27.86%
Freedom Vs. Impulse 16 11.43%
Strike Freedom Vs. Legend 2 1.43%
Infinite Justice Vs. Impulse [ Luna Maria ] 0 0%
Infinite Justice Vs. Destiny 4 2.86%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-01-11, 05:09   Link #41
ghost89475

Strike and Aegis.
As much as I like the pilots to be friends, this final clash of theirs was the best battle of the C.E era.
Great mutilation of the pretty gundams, great (crazed) facial expressions, logical reasons for both sides and/thus high flying emotions.
ghost89475 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-11, 06:12   Link #42
ThePowerOfAnime
Save Water. Drink Beer.

easily strike vs aegis.

I dont recall ANY gundam series having that sort of "intense" battle.

Note: there's a difference between "intense" battles and "cool" battles btw.
ThePowerOfAnime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-22, 08:28   Link #43
kiramuro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86
Temperature got very very very very VERY high. Spacesuit can resist temperature, seat...cannot.

What other explanation is there?

Ooh, ooh, I know, I know!!

PLOT DEVICE!!!!!!!!!!

@ Shinji: when will you learn that my posts are only 50% serious and 50% satire?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103
You see, that's the point. There isn't a reasonable explanation, it's a plot device.

I do know that, but it still doesn't change the fact that it gets very anoying to see such one-sided fanboyish-ness.
Old topic but honestly I don't think Kira surviving that blast was as far fetched as you guys think i.e. the thinking that if it's implausible then it must be a plot device. If I remember ep 31 correctly only the surface of the seat's upholstery melted not the metallic components surrounding it. I don't think the seat's cushion is ever designed to withstand rapid heat transfer associated with an explosion or even an explosion protected somewhat by a blast door but the flight suit mostly likely is. The typical NASA spacesuit can withstand a rapid temperature change of around 200+ celsius degrees. I think the Gundam universe would probably have better cooling/insulation technology in their hands.
kiramuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-22, 10:36   Link #44
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

Strike vs AEGIS. But Freedom vs Providence is not far behind. Itīs the best two fights in SEED and Destiny. I think the one on one duels in Destiny has been pretty crappy in comparison to SEED.

Kira vs Andy/wife was a great fight aswell.

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Last_Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-22, 10:49   Link #45
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiramuro
Old topic but honestly I don't think Kira surviving that blast was as far fetched as you guys think i.e. the thinking that if it's implausible then it must be a plot device. If I remember ep 31 correctly only the surface of the seat's upholstery melted not the metallic components surrounding it. I don't think the seat's cushion is ever designed to withstand rapid heat transfer associated with an explosion or even an explosion protected somewhat by a blast door but the flight suit mostly likely is. The typical NASA spacesuit can withstand a rapid temperature change of around 200+ celsius degrees. I think the Gundam universe would probably have better cooling/insulation technology in their hands.
Thats all very nice, but as far as i remember Aegis went boom taking surrounding mountains with it, not tried to melt away Strike with hight temperature. If the flight suits of CE can protect pilots from an explosion that obliterates mountains why the heck they dont build MS from that stuff.

As for the fight - Strike vs Aegis ofc. Freedom vs Provedence was nice, but the end was soooooo cheesy it made me puke. I understand that the good guy has to win, but the *cant move/dodge/block/do anything rational* virus taking over the MS systems for the last seconds doesnt really cut it for me
Old 2006-08-22, 10:57   Link #46
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Strangely enough, if only duels are concerned, then I rather find the duels of:

Archangel vs. Dominion

Archangel vs. Minerva

And

Minerva vs. Girty Lue

To be far more exciting than any of the duels listed on the poll...

- Tak
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-22, 14:43   Link #47
tritoch

Anytime when Murrue commands her ship, its exciting. =)
tritoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-22, 14:45   Link #48
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

^ Oh yes, the bounce... oh, the mesmerizing bounce... it drives me nuts!

- Tak
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-22, 15:01   Link #49
hanxthre
Banned

I also agree STRIKE vs, AEGIS. So much emotion was in that fight and like somebody else said the still images during the fighting made the scene that much more of an impact.
hanxthre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-22, 15:09   Link #50
grandmaster192
Zechs, pilot of Tallgeese

Strike vs Aegis wasn't all that great to me. My favorite from the poll would be Freedom vs Impulse.
grandmaster192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-22, 15:20   Link #51
Obi-Wan
Hello there
*Fansubber

Freedom vs Providence owns the shit out of anything else CE ever did.
Old 2006-08-22, 15:28   Link #52
grandmaster192

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Wan
Freedom vs Providence owns the shit out of anything else CE ever did.
That was one of the first episodes of seed that I watched. I didn't know it was the final when i was watching it so I thought Kira was about to lose. When Kira won I was pissed. I don't get why Rau just stood there and let Kira own him that was stupid.
Old 2006-08-22, 15:36   Link #53
Obi-Wan
Hello there
*Fansubber

Well if you want to see it as Rau "just standing there and letting Kira win" then that's your prerogative but as usual you're seeing things through anti Kira beer goggles. Do you watch Gundam just to see the fights?
Old 2006-08-22, 15:46   Link #54
grandmaster192

Quote:
Well if you want to see it as Rau "just standing there and letting Kira win" then that's your prerogative but as usual you're seeing things through anti Kira beer goggles. Do you watch Gundam just to see the fights?
I don't know what makes you think I'm anti Kira. I don't remember saying I hate Kira. I'm anti Athrun. I watch gundam for more then the fights but I didn't really like any of Seeds characters. Thats why I din't watch the full series. If it was just fights I wanted then I could have watched it. But I can't force my self to watch something that doesn't have a character that I enjoy watching. Thats why I like Seed Destiny better because it has multiple characters that I like to see.
Old 2006-08-22, 16:03   Link #55
Silent Soldier
Z.A.F.T Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak
^ Oh yes, the bounce... oh, the mesmerizing bounce... it drives me nuts!

- Tak
Oh you are not alone it is something .... magical

Silent Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-22, 16:09   Link #56
Silent Soldier
Z.A.F.T Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmaster192
I don't know what makes you think I'm anti Kira. I don't remember saying I hate Kira. I'm anti Athrun..
I am not sure but I think people believe that you are because you seem to have negative comments about most of the other characters except Shinn. I don't know if you mean it or not to seem that way but it does look like you only see things from a Shinn perspective and not from the other character's. And anti Athrun tisk tisk what is with that Athrun is an awesome character how could you be anti Athrun.
Old 2006-08-22, 16:14   Link #57
Obi-Wan
Hello there
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Soldier
I am not sure but I think people believe that you are because you seem to have negative comments about most of the other characters except Shinn. I don't know if you mean it or not to seem that way but it does look like you only see things from a Shinn perspective and not from the other character's. And anti Athrun tisk tisk what is with that Athrun is an awesome character how could you be anti Athrun.
Exactly it always seems like he is praising Shinn and ragging on anybody else thats not on Shinn's side
Old 2006-08-22, 16:17   Link #58
Silent Soldier
Z.A.F.T Ace

Quote:
Exactly it always seems like he is praising Shinn and ragging on anybody else thats not on Shinn's side
Well what can you do people like who they like but it's a shame that some can't see things from all the characters points of view just because they are not on Shinn's side doesn't make them any less of a kick ass character or wrong but whatever everyone sees it differently.
Old 2006-08-22, 17:30   Link #59
grandmaster192

Quote:
???
Not 100% true. I do like Shinn the best he's my favorite character and I don't see anything wrong with that. The only characters that I would just bash like that are Athrun and mabe Lacus. Every one is gonna like some one better just like you like the original cast better. I just happen to be one of the fans that like the GSD cast better. For me it seems you prais Kira's team and just bash every thing about Shinn and his team. And IMO there is nothing wrong with you doing that. I do like other characters that are not Shinn.
Old 2006-08-22, 20:31   Link #60
neilz

Strike vs Aegis, nice battle and the cause of this battle is a classic "you killed my friend". It is also a nice way to give two pilots new machines.

2nd will be Freedom vs Providence, (thou I prefer if Mwu fought Rau longer)
neilz is offline   Reply With Quote