AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-08-01, 06:47   Link #26761
bio9205
Reborn

Is all hope lost for a HG Fortress? Orbital's being released in a few days and we've still had no announcement for the Fortress yet.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-01, 06:48   Link #26762
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
Is all hope lost for a HG Fortress? Orbital's being released in a few days and we've still had no announcement for the Fortress yet.
I'm sure Orbital will come out and then we'll get Fortress. It wouldn't make sense.. Unless they plan to release the MG's first and then do the rest of the Age HG kits.
Old 2012-08-01, 12:03   Link #26763
Dragoshi1
We need to upset people!

I'm gonna order my first MS model kits this week. Haven't built anything in years, probably since they first brought the Zoids model kits to the US(my first ever was the Hell Kat, if I remember right, it was some kind of black and red cat based animal).

I'm aiming for the HGUC Z'Gok, I want a HG Zaku II, but more or less everyone is sold out for it.

Gonna get some cutters and other misc. tools as well.

All HGs are Lv2, right? Going by HLJ. I'm pretty sure I'll be able to handle it.
Dragoshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-01, 12:19   Link #26764
~Destiny~
Tra La Laaaa~

Send a message via MSN to ~Destiny~
You can pretty much ignore the entire concept of "lvs"

Nothing (regardless of whether they're SD/HG/MG/PG) is hard to build as long as you're not a total idiot.
Old 2012-08-01, 12:23   Link #26765
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoshi1 View Post
I'm gonna order my first MS model kits this week. Haven't built anything in years, probably since they first brought the Zoids model kits to the US(my first ever was the Hell Kat, if I remember right, it was some kind of black and red cat based animal).

I'm aiming for the HGUC Z'Gok, I want a HG Zaku II, but more or less everyone is sold out for it.

Gonna get some cutters and other misc. tools as well.

All HGs are Lv2, right? Going by HLJ. I'm pretty sure I'll be able to handle it.
Those levels really mean nothing. Hobby Link Japan basically made it up to "help" first time modelers to get an idea of what to expect.

Basically, the skill level is all the same. It's just that from SD --> HG --> MG --> PG, there are more parts as it gets higher, and more stickers as it gets lower.

Are you still ¯\(°_o)/¯ ??

LOL

Personally, I would just get like 1 or 2 Master Grade kits and just take your time building it.

The Master Grade kits from the Gundam Age series is very nice quality but it doesn't have that many parts as a traditional Master Grade kit. It also manages to grasp the feel of the mecha design very well from the anime.

Trust me.

Get the Master Grade Age-1 Normal. Try it out, and if you like it, go for the Titus, Sparrow, and then by that time, the Age-2 Normal, Age-2 Double Bullet, etc.

Old 2012-08-01, 12:59   Link #26766
Appel

i dont even think there is a difference between MGs and PGs when it comes to built difficulty. if anything a PG is easier to build because the pieces arent smaller than MG pieces and most pieces are also a lot bigger because of the scale.
the old PGs are a different story though because you actually have to wire them up properly to get the lighting gimmicks to work. but building my PG astray was a total cakewalk.
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-01, 14:46   Link #26767
Appel

it got like super warm all of a sudden so the top coat dried really quickly^^

its so ridiculously shiny... i really like how it turned out!
Old 2012-08-01, 15:44   Link #26768
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Nice Job, Appel Looks really, really good^^
StrikeFreedomV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-01, 15:53   Link #26769
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 View Post
Nice Job, Appel Looks really, really good^^
thanks!
its a total brick now though... moving it will totally scratch the paint on the frame XD
Old 2012-08-01, 16:43   Link #26770
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Nice. I especially like the color of the frames.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post
its a total brick now though... moving it will totally scratch the paint on the frame XD
That's too bad. Blitz is one of those Gundams meant for good poses.
Old 2012-08-01, 16:51   Link #26771
Dragoshi1
We need to upset people!

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxnike629xx View Post
Those levels really mean nothing. Hobby Link Japan basically made it up to "help" first time modelers to get an idea of what to expect.

Basically, the skill level is all the same. It's just that from SD --> HG --> MG --> PG, there are more parts as it gets higher, and more stickers as it gets lower.

Are you still ¯\(°_o)/¯ ??

LOL

Personally, I would just get like 1 or 2 Master Grade kits and just take your time building it.

The Master Grade kits from the Gundam Age series is very nice quality but it doesn't have that many parts as a traditional Master Grade kit. It also manages to grasp the feel of the mecha design very well from the anime.

Trust me.

Get the Master Grade Age-1 Normal. Try it out, and if you like it, go for the Titus, Sparrow, and then by that time, the Age-2 Normal, Age-2 Double Bullet, etc.

Don't worry, I catch on pretty quick, lol

That's good to know, that the Lvs and Grade don't matter much. I'm a total newbie to painting ANYTHING however, so I was aiming for kits that don't really need paint. I'll probably stay near the HG area, I'll probably grab an MG or two to ease myself in as well.

I've been aware of this hobby for many years, but haven't had the patience or interest to try it, after playing through Gundam Battle Operation for PS3 and watching Gundam Unicorn, my interest has been captured! The Zeon side in particular I really like, with a few MS from the Fed side. Helps that the kits really aren't that pricey, either, at least the ones I'm aiming for.
Old 2012-08-01, 17:00   Link #26772
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
That's good to know, that the Lvs and Grade don't matter much. I'm a total newbie to painting ANYTHING however, so I was aiming for kits that don't really need paint. I'll probably stay near the HG area, I'll probably grab an MG or two to ease myself in as well.
On the contrary, if you don't like to paint, stay away from many HGs coz that line needs a lot of painting compared to other lines (1/100, MG, PG, and the latest RG). But yeah, you can build a HG first as a stepping stone .
Old 2012-08-01, 23:26   Link #26773
casval cehack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post
thanks!
The scratches would pass as "battle damage".

Quote:
Don't worry, I catch on pretty quick, lol

I've been aware of this hobby for many years, but haven't had the patience or interest to try it, after playing through Gundam Battle Operation for PS3 and watching Gundam Unicorn, my interest has been captured! The Zeon side in particular I really like, with a few MS from the Fed side. Helps that the kits really aren't that pricey, either, at least the ones I'm aiming for.
Zeonic suits that doesn't need paint and near the HG price area...RG Zaku II then. They even have fix pose hands.

Vegeta8259/Henry has a recent youtube review of the HG Z'gok by the way.
Old 2012-08-02, 04:55   Link #26774
HasuMasu
*Artist

Damn, that's a fabulous Blitz you got there.
Old 2012-08-02, 14:55   Link #26775
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Nice. I especially like the color of the frames.

That's too bad. Blitz is one of those Gundams meant for good poses.
ive always been a fan of the "just standing there" pose. it doesnt take a lot of space and when you put it together with other models it still looks neat^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
Damn, that's a fabulous Blitz you got there.
thanks!
Old 2012-08-02, 18:41   Link #26776
X207
Gamyūsa

very nice Blitz gundam Appel. i love the look of it.

i have my own Blitz project atm. his a few snags along the way but it'll turn out good. im 30% done my 100 Blitz nebula stock color repaint. the legs are done and the side armour needs to dry and mate cote to remove the gloss of the black. the arms are mostly ready for matting the shine. i have started a bit of the torso but not much. the extra armour will get a red black scheme also. its a bit of a daunting task, more than my 144 Garrazzo complete repaint to Anew Returner colours. ive also done some of the sheild, pic incoming. the final result wont be perfect but i dont think i'll ever get to the skill of the other members here.

i have some milliput and id like to fill in those small grooves in the sheild above the gun section. is there any other cleaner solution as ive painted the outside already though the black needs matting. i know milliput would do the job but its my fault for overlooking that small detail. i'll be willing to use milliput though i'll have to be very careful to minimise any smudging given how far ive gone on the sheild. the other parts of the shield will be painted once i deal with the milliput.

X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-02, 23:43   Link #26777
MoonLightShadows
Gundam Meister

Kirk getting ready to attack Torrington Base.
My first HG Zaku, from the Universal Century!

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2012-08-03, 00:42   Link #26778
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonLightShadows View Post
Kirk getting ready to attack Torrington Base.
My first HG Zaku, from the Universal Century!

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Wow, I never know that Kirk is a friend of Boba Fett!
Old 2012-08-03, 14:14   Link #26779
Dragoshi1
We need to upset people!

Are we allowed to talk about sites and stuff for ordering gunpla? I'll spoiler, just in case(most sites with forums don't allow it, just being careful)

Spoiler for Just in case spoiler about shopping site:
Old 2012-08-03, 15:47   Link #26780
Appel

Quote:
Are we allowed to talk about sites and stuff for ordering gunpla? I'll spoiler, just in case(most sites with forums don't allow it, just being careful)

Spoiler for Just in case spoiler about shopping site:
talking about sites like that is perfectly fine. in fact it is kind of highly encouraged to share new sites that you found that sell gunpla for a good price^^
personally i order almost exclusively from hobby link japan. 20% off on every model, great sales and the shipping is cheaper than any other place that i have found so far.
i totally recommend them. if you live in the USA there might be cheaper or at least faster alternatives for you though.

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy