AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-02-14, 16:58   Link #21721
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
im seriously getting ready to lead an armed information revolution seems like everything is being taken away. This is a sad day for all the fans of R+V and it has had a great run.

Im sure another group will pick up this up where it leaves off. Groups have been known to change their name and keep on translating or find other methods to distribute their work.

Either way im pretty fucking depressed right now
Old 2012-02-14, 18:09   Link #21722
Tachibana
タチバナ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
im seriously getting ready to lead an armed information revolution seems like everything is being taken away. This is a sad day for all the fans of R+V and it has had a great run.

Im sure another group will pick up this up where it leaves off. Groups have been known to change their name and keep on translating or find other methods to distribute their work.

Either way im pretty fucking depressed right now
I understand your pain my friend but always have hope. Rosario + Vampire was the series that got me interested in manga in the first place, i hate to see it go through these tough times.
Old 2012-02-15, 00:19   Link #21723
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

So what now? Where gonna depend on raws and translations? and just wait long months before we buy the licensed R+VsII?
Old 2012-02-15, 01:52   Link #21724
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
Sinestra has it pretty close. I am on IRC with some of the members, and they say they're dropping it, but that's only the cover story for now, and that they'll work something out.

I suggested to them that they could still release the scripts for reading with a raw or like any other text only thing, like a short light novel. So hopefully they'll at least consider that route. Plus it covers their asses better than just trying to circumvent it by any other means.
Old 2012-02-15, 02:54   Link #21725
Alhazad2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrrDraxin View Post
Sinestra has it pretty close. I am on IRC with some of the members, and they say they're dropping it, but that's only the cover story for now, and that they'll work something out.

I suggested to them that they could still release the scripts for reading with a raw or like any other text only thing, like a short light novel. So hopefully they'll at least consider that route. Plus it covers their asses better than just trying to circumvent it by any other means.
I certainly hope so, sounds like as good a deal as we're gonna get at the moment, until another group steps up to the plate. I definitely don't want to wait almost two years before they catch up in Shonen Jump. And with the revisions they do, BLAH! No thanks. I'll take scanlations any day.
Alhazad2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-15, 04:27   Link #21726
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
So unless another group picks it up, I guess this is even more incentive to keep pursuing my studies of Japanese (the funny thing is, this series is one of the ones that started my incentive in the first place...)
Might be a nice idea. I have become pretty lazy with "in-depth" raw reading for a while, especially as trying to do summaries or whatever can be very, very frustrating as non-skilled jp. reader (like me). The one month break is in this case enough to "cool down" . And I terribly fail in doing non-literal translations.

Nontheless, it's an unfortunate turn of event since MudaScan was also relatively fast in releasing the chapters. R+V is the only manga where I read both raws and scanlation.
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-15, 04:48   Link #21727
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
Well, if I could find an OCR program that can reliably lift kanji from whatever medium I feed it. I'd be happy even with a machine translation to get the gist of a chapter. However, I've only found one such program (RealReader Lite 5.1)... but it's IN japanese, so I would need someone who knows something about it to write up guide , or do a translation on the menus and windows.
Old 2012-02-15, 05:01   Link #21728
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

What a bad news...i hope that another group would pick this..

i hope we don't have to wait much time for it..damn.
Old 2012-02-15, 08:23   Link #21729
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Wait... R+V got dropped? OMFG! *head explodes*
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-15, 09:30   Link #21730
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

And just when we reached 2M views...

DAMN YOU AND YOUR 'ABOMINABLE' TRANSLATORS, VIZ!!! ><
Old 2012-02-15, 09:35   Link #21731
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Will the #1 thread in the manga section of Animesuki fade away?
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-15, 09:58   Link #21732
Tachibana
タチバナ

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Will the #1 thread in the manga section of Animesuki fade away?
No thats definitely not gonna happen this is no doubt one of the most popular series our there, since R+V is on hiatus for the time being you can consider this the "calm before the storm"

But i can do fine with raws and summaries.

I absolutely do not blame Muda for this, that damn..... Viz...
Old 2012-02-15, 12:00   Link #21733
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinso Tsukune View Post
No thats definitely not gonna happen this is no doubt one of the most popular series our there, since R+V is on hiatus for the time being you can consider this the "calm before the storm"

But i can do fine with raws and summaries.

I absolutely do not blame Muda for this, that damn..... Viz...
Well we will see what will happen when the next chapter comes out.

After all, it's possible for another, less popular, scan group to continue the work of Muda.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-15, 13:01   Link #21734
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
I'm sure that while no one will release a true scanlation for a while, I'm going to assume that there will always be translations made of each new chapter. And about the RAWs... well, I can't say anything about the quality they'll be in, but RAWs are in any "true" danger (or at least, not any more than they've been in for the past year or so)

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-15, 13:04   Link #21735
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
I wish i could read RAWs but my Japanese is still not good enough. This is not the end theres no way that anyone is going to let this manga die not with the following it has.
Old 2012-02-16, 00:07   Link #21736
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Omg! Indeed 2million + views and the latest news is R+VsII scanlations being dropped....

Well we just have to read the raws and translations per panel for now till a group scanlates it. It's really different feel when you read that way...

Iam waiting now for viz next copy of R+VsII

Oh well at least we have R+V's bombshell at WF

http://imgur.com/a/RQnXe#0
Old 2012-02-16, 11:17   Link #21737
Tachibana
タチバナ

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Omg! Indeed 2million + views and the latest news is R+VsII scanlations being dropped....

Well we just have to read the raws and translations per panel for now till a group scanlates it. It's really different feel when you read that way...

Iam waiting now for viz next copy of R+VsII

Oh well at least we have R+V's bombshell at WF

http://imgur.com/a/RQnXe#0
2 million NICE!

I like Viz Because they deliver english translated japanese manga to the US in which i buy of course, but at the same time they pull shit like this, they're like a double edged sword, no matter how i grasp it i still bleed.

GO KURUMU!
Old 2012-02-16, 15:56   Link #21738
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrrDraxin View Post
Well, if I could find an OCR program that can reliably lift kanji from whatever medium I feed it. I'd be happy even with a machine translation to get the gist of a chapter. However, I've only found one such program (RealReader Lite 5.1)... but it's IN japanese, so I would need someone who knows something about it to write up guide , or do a translation on the menus and windows.
Mhm, a summary and/or the script (aka just the conversations and thoughts) wouldn't be a problem. Outside of scanlations, there are surely a few blogs who do quick summarys of the chapter. And depending on the raw quality even I can decipher the kanjis thanks to furigana, but the end result is uhm ... nothing to brag with to put it friendly

Let's wait what will happen next month scanlation-wise. As long as it sounds natural I could care less if the group is popular or not.
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-16, 23:02   Link #21739
Cio
Otaku

A very sad news indeed. First Filehosting get attacked, now scanlation being targetted... -.-

I can and have experience (Ar Tonelico II Manga) in editting the RAW into english as long as the translation is there. Although not too expert. So if there is no group scanlated my fav manga, i think i will work for it.
Old 2012-02-17, 01:20   Link #21740
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cio View Post
A very sad news indeed. First Filehosting get attacked, now scanlation being targetted... -.-

I can and have experience (Ar Tonelico II Manga) in editting the RAW into english as long as the translation is there. Although not too expert. So if there is no group scanlated my fav manga, i think i will work for it.
Hopefully Muda will continue providing us with their translations, so that you or some other group will be willing to pick it up.

Anyway, going back to the topic of the manga (since it seems that we have gotten a little off-topic, due to the sad news ), what do you think the next chapter is going to be about...

If I have to put any guesses I would say that it's going to be mostly about Tsukune's rematch with Kuyou, with some small mention on what is currently going on with Kurumu and Mizore...

After all, I still believe that Tsukune is going to undergo some interesting developments, during his fight with Kuyou... which will make him "ready" to face Akua...

Unless you want me to say that he is going to have to fight someone else, like Kahula for example ? Sorry to disappoint you, but I don't believe that's likely, because, from the looks of it, she seems to be in Miyabi's division - at least it seems that way, based upon the statement Miyabi has made in the Yuki Onna village, where Miyabi has said, that he is the one who recruited her...

Not to mention that fighting Kahula wouldn't be wise, especially before Tsukune's big fight against Akua, since even if Tsukune has a superior amount of youkai energy compared to an ordinary vampire, it's quite certain that there is a limit on the amount of energy he can safely use, so taking part in a lot of fights, before Tsukune faces Akua, would be, in my opinion, a little reckless...
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire