AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2013-02-19, 23:16   Link #37541
Craxuan
Crax
*Author

Well at least you're writing right? I'm still unable to summon enough motivation to write after TTG's completion. >_>
Old 2013-02-19, 23:31   Link #37542
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

When I can. I had a pretty good start at the school semester, and then workload and sickness stomped all over that. All I've got to my name for publishing lately is my first short, the Nanoha/Arisa confession.
Old 2013-02-19, 23:43   Link #37543
XenahortCharybdis
does whatever he wants.

Oh well, life's a game of perseverance in general - and writing is one of those activities that requires some extra dose of determination. And inspiration. Just gotta keep going at it, I guess.
XenahortCharybdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-22, 22:42   Link #37544
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Spoiler for Summons:
Old 2013-02-22, 22:48   Link #37545
Old_Iron
. . .
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Old_Iron
Interesting. Very interesting.

I am curious as to whether or not there will be more. Because this has potential. Very nice. =3
Old 2013-02-23, 00:28   Link #37546
mega1987
GregOS Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Louise summons The tome of the night sky(corrupted)
-snip-
can I say...

?

Coz we MUST FUND IT!!!!!
SRW beats all foes.
JAM Project pwns all!!!

And I can't still make fanfic without restarting from the start when new ideas comes in...
mega1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-23, 00:32   Link #37547
Sunder the Gold

Unlike many other characters made to replace Saito, the Wolkenritter actually WOULD obey like dogs and not protest about it. If Louise hesitated to treat them like drones, they might actually TELL her that it's her right to treat them like slaves!

Louise is a mixed bag of good and bad traits, raised in a society of terrible power imbalances, as well as traditions regarding familiars and obedience which are very unfortunate in this situation. She's not equipped to avoid making very bad choices, here, or even recognize them as such.

Basically, it took someone UNREASONABLY good and mature (and humbly, desperately lonely) to make the Wolkenritter human again, and Louise is not that girl. Louise is likely no different from many of the more tolerable masters the Wolkenritter have served.

Would she shy away from having Linker Cores harvested from her countrymen? Yes. But her country has enemies, and enemies are "acceptable targets".

The Wolkenritter will be cautious about starting a war through unprovoked attacks, because that would make their master an enemy within her own country as well as everywhere else... But we all know that war is coming ANYWAY, and that provides Louise and the knights all the excuses they need.

Hayate just wanted a family. But Louise has always wanted more power.

Just so many ways this looks destined to go horribly wrong.
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-23, 00:36   Link #37548
mega1987
GregOS Offline

well, Sunder... You know what happens when Murphy knocks on someone's door.

FUBAR is not far behind him...
SRW beats all foes.
JAM Project pwns all!!!

And I can't still make fanfic without restarting from the start when new ideas comes in...
Old 2013-02-23, 00:39   Link #37549
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Well. Just remember: There are no happy endings with the Book of Darkness.

To be completely honest, I had intended this as a one-shot. But now, after posting it, my muse has gone out of control with inspiration on how to continue it, so... I don't know. I already have a lot on my plate that I simply must get finished (Raiser in particular will gut me if I don't continue The State of Affairs)... but hell, something's coming together.

I blame this on Nanya. I really do.
Old 2013-02-23, 04:32   Link #37550
mega1987
GregOS Offline

Quote:
Well. Just remember: There are no happy endings with the Book of Darkness.
Till someone figured out what's wrong with the tome itself/herself....

And Fix the damn thing....

But unfortunately, unless Seista is Chrono's great grand niece (if you dump Chrono's father to Halkegenia after the Arc-en-Ciel blast) and Knows about Mid-childa and Belkan magic system, together with device maintenance for both system. No one will be able to know the magic system the Wolkenritter uses.
SRW beats all foes.
JAM Project pwns all!!!

Old 2013-02-23, 05:38   Link #37551
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
I blame this on Nanya. I really do.
Oh sure... Blame the guy who got the idea for various different summons for Louise that are totally off the wall at times.

Yeah, okay, blame me, I blame myself since I thought those up.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-23, 07:39   Link #37552
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
Unlike many other characters made to replace Saito, the Wolkenritter actually WOULD obey like dogs and not protest about it. If Louise hesitated to treat them like drones, they might actually TELL her that it's her right to treat them like slaves!

Louise is a mixed bag of good and bad traits, raised in a society of terrible power imbalances, as well as traditions regarding familiars and obedience which are very unfortunate in this situation. She's not equipped to avoid making very bad choices, here, or even recognize them as such.

Basically, it took someone UNREASONABLY good and mature (and humbly, desperately lonely) to make the Wolkenritter human again, and Louise is not that girl. Louise is likely no different from many of the more tolerable masters the Wolkenritter have served.

Would she shy away from having Linker Cores harvested from her countrymen? Yes. But her country has enemies, and enemies are "acceptable targets"
Because much as she treats Saito like dirt, at heart Louise is a good girl. Hurting innocent people just for her own gain? The thought wouldn't even cross her mind.

The relationship between Louise and Saito is an exception rather than the rule. Louise has stated, in person, that she sees it as a Noble's duty to protect commoners. Saito just gets whipped all the time because... well... it's Saito. The guy who's as dense as a brick, perverted and a known playboy who goes after other girls even after confessing his love to Louise.

People love to shove the blame for Saito's whipping on Louise, but Saito carries at least half the blame himself.

So what does this mean for the Wolkenritter? Well, for one, their relationship would be quite different by the sheer difference of three of them being girls. Second, this was clearly some magical ritual, not just another "Louise failed at spellcasting because Zero."

And third, and most importantly, Louise summoned a talking wolfman and three mages.

Not a commoner, but mages.

Louise treated Saito like an ordinary commoner because that's what he was in Halk terms. The Wolkenritter are not. They can use magic and are therefore nobility. To treat them like commoners would be the last thing on the mind of someone who was trained from birth to respect and uphold the rules.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-23, 09:32   Link #37553
Mr Coin
Heads or Tails?

Quote:
Spoiler for Summons:
Please do continue. I want to know how your story will progress with such an awesome muse in stock.
Mr Coin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-23, 11:35   Link #37554
mega1987
GregOS Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
Oh sure... Blame the guy who got the idea for various different summons for Louise that are totally off the wall at times.

Yeah, okay, blame me, I blame myself since I thought those up.
Do we have to blame you?

At least the characters that replaces Saito are alot more better and it's for the LULZ and/or Badassness... XD
SRW beats all foes.
JAM Project pwns all!!!

Old 2013-02-23, 15:56   Link #37555
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Because much as she treats Saito like dirt, at heart Louise is a good girl. Hurting innocent people just for her own gain? The thought wouldn't even cross her mind.
Are they still innocents when they are soldiers at war against her country?

I'm fairly sure that many of the Book's former master were not monstrous villains. Many of them were members of some nation, and that nation had enemies, and often there was open war. Enemies are acceptable targets during war.

Quote:
People love to shove the blame for Saito's whipping on Louise, but Saito carries at least half the blame himself.
I didn't condemn Louise. If anything, I meant pity for her. She's a good girl in a bad situation in a bad world.

But the fact is that she is not Hayate, and Hayate is what the Wolkenritter needed.

However, in fairness I must admit that if Uminari had been under attack by hostile mages and the Wolkenritter were the only thing around to stand in their way, even Hayate would have reconsidered her stance on stealing linker cores.

It's simple: A mage must still be alive to have a core to harvest (Signum could not harvest the desert worm that Fate killed), and a mage with a harvested core is rendered significantly less threatening. Therefore, if the Wolkenritter are fighting to harvest cores, they are fighting to incapacitate rather than kill.

It also gives the Wolkenritter something they want, and they would insist on doing it. The fact that it might also help Hayate's own health without needing to prey on unacceptable targets would surely factor into her decision, because Hayate DOES want to be healthy.

Quote:
And third, and most importantly, Louise summoned a talking wolfman and three mages.

Not a commoner, but mages.
Rhyme Dragons used magic and could speak, yet the Halkeneganians hunted them to extinction. Elves are mages, but are considered monsters whose deaths are cause for relief and celebration.

Are the Wolkenritter mages if they insist they are merely tools to be used by their master?

Are they mages if they were created rather than born? If they were, they would immediately reveal this fact to reinforce the idea that they are merely tools.

Even aside from that, I imagine the Wolkenritter rather started inviting their masters to treat them like machines. A perverse way of keeping themselves from feeling hope, and therefore having it broken.

If they convince their masters they are just machines, they can keep on believing that themselves, and they don't have to fear gaining any hope or dignity that can be lost.

An abuse victim daring you to hit her, because she expects you to hit her; expects it so much that she gets nervous when you don't.
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-23, 16:38   Link #37556
Filraen
Big Damn Lurker

As I'm being lazy to post it again, here's a summary of a Louise BoD summon I had thought in Spacebattles some months ago:

Quote:
Let me see... I imagine the Book being summoned just a bit after the prvious BoD incident (Clyde's death) so nobody knows where is it... yep, I want the TSAB out of this picture.

In the summoning ceremony only the book is summoned, but the Wolkenritter appear when the Contract Familiar spell is used. As the Wolkenritter are honestly subservant to Louise, she will be very shocked in the ceremony. Also, there's potential social trouble on Louise by calling a "dark" power which may or may not bite back later.

Tabitha will be on alert immediatly because of the killing intent of Louise's four summons.

The runes will be on each of the Wolkenritter and the Book of Darkness' personification. However, they effectively won't have any effect in battle as each of them is already a master of their own weapon. When the knights ask for an armor design Louise will decide for something much like one her mother's armors (the events prior are Louise telling they need to go to the capital to buy them armor and weapons to each Wolkenritter, only to be shown each weapon of choice and be told they create the armors by using their own magic).

At some time later (hours? days?) Signum tells Louise about the Book's abilities ("If all the pages in the book are collected you will obtain a great magic power"), which after Louise's knowledge of still "lack of magic" and her lack of character development makes her quickly decide she wants to have the pages collected and orders the Wolkenritter that.

Which means Louise is, by coinidence, in front row to see later how her knights attack another mage (choose any of the named ones, student or teacher), the Wolkenrittter are in an area full of mages after all; an instinctive order from their Master to "Stop!" is the only reason the knights don't kill that mage but the BoD already absorbed the mage's linker core. Those events make Louise wakes up to what really means to fill the BoD's pages and the power of the Wolkenritter. There must be some compensation down the line either at personal or family level from Louise to the attacked mage.

This is the main theme of the conversation between Louise, the Wolkenritter, Osmond, Colbert, Loungeville and the attacked mage (if counscious). The conversation will eventually shift to linker cores and how they are the magic organ which allows mages to use magic and the knights explain how the mage won't be able to use magic for a few weeks waiting for his linker core to recover (thinking gears are turning with Fouquet: she will think the ultimate humilliation to a noble will be removing their magic, even if temporally). In another impulsive request Louise asks to see the her own linker core as she still needs some reassurance of being a mage and Shamal complies. All the Halkgenians are surprised on how bright is Louise's linker core. A Wolkenritter comments only a mage with a powerful linker core can be a master of the Book of Darkness. The meeting ends with Louise telling her knights she doesn't want to have the pages collected if that means attacking other mages, and while the wording of the request/order may have room to loopholes the Wolkenritter follow the intent: no more collecting magic for the book's pages until their Master tells so.

Between the paragraph above and bneath this one may pass a day or not in order to Louise collect her thoughts if the attack is too much for her. For the next part it's a good idea Louise isn't the only student present.

All the events of the last days, since the summmoning to the linker core event will make Louise think: their attitudes to her and to battle, why they didn't have a lord before and how a child like Vita can be so skilled with her hammer: "What kind of life they have lived before?". And so she asks.

And so the Wolkenritter answer.

Tales of previous masters fill the conversation, old kingdoms and wars, one after another, which the Wolkenritter fought. Either their master asked to collect pages to fill te book or other people wanted to kill their master to obtain the power of the book. As the conversation follows Louise, emotionally weakened by the attack to the other mage and seeing in the Wolkenritter the very image of the Rule of Steel she sees on her mother, snaps horrified. ("How they could have lived that way all these lifetimes?"). That marks the turning point in Louise, when she really starts to care for the Wolkenritter as people which, in turn, makes the Wolkenritter start to develop into the personalities known in the Nanoha canon.

But just because they are trated as people doesn't mean Louise forget the Wolkenritter are her kinghts, she asks them some way to use their magic style, and so they start ther training. Somehow I imagine charging cartridges would be a good control excercise for Louise apart from physical training.
About the inevitable BoD incident? I can totally see Louise using Dispel while unisoned to delete, even if temporally, the Defense program. The battle will have to build into that (for example Hayate was trapped by the book and had to be taken by it). Probably it'll becaome a regular treatment.

Also, there's a good chance of Louise making her life mission to make a more permanent cure for the Book. She'll understand after some battles and character development this is a trouble it won't vanish immediatly with her death, even if the Book vanished from her homeworld forever.

Finally, the Book is a magical library. Let that idea sink for a while.
Filraen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-23, 16:58   Link #37557
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Man, you people are putting a lot of thought into something that was supposed to be a one-shot. :V
Old 2013-02-23, 17:13   Link #37558
Filraen
Big Damn Lurker

As (I think) I mentioned, I'm mostly reusing a post of mine. The lot of thought I gave was some time ago and not related to your oneshot specifically (I just found it relevant to repost).

Also I played once quest of Louise summoning the Book from before its name changed to Book of Darkness: it was interesting seeing an upbeat Unison device in contrast to the defeatist and then calm and resigned to die Reinforce.
Filraen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-23, 20:08   Link #37559
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Wonder what happened to Material Days... did Levi spook the dragons so much?
Old 2013-02-23, 20:15   Link #37560
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filraen View Post
As (I think) I mentioned, I'm mostly reusing a post of mine. The lot of thought I gave was some time ago and not related to your oneshot specifically (I just found it relevant to repost).

Also I played once quest of Louise summoning the Book from before its name changed to Book of Darkness: it was interesting seeing an upbeat Unison device in contrast to the defeatist and then calm and resigned to die Reinforce.
Oh, my post wasn't in a response to you; I know you just brought up an older post of your own. My response was to everyone involved. :V

For a response to part of your post, I'll say this: in this case, only the Book of Darkness/Reinforce would be Gandalfr, as while Louise summoned the Book, the Book summoned the Wolkenritter and since they're all their own entities, so to speak, they'd be excluded from the Gandalfr contract.

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha