Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-11-03, 09:42   Link #201
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
As for Torako getting all girly and sexy, that was hilarious to me. I know a few girl-friends and it's really strange and funny to see them act all flirtatious and sexy. It just totally goes against their character and it comes off as funny instead of any type of sexy. Torako just nailed that kind of comedy to me. heh
Yeah it's always something to see when a character completely acts out of character, and with the already strong yuri element flying around in this show, it just matches perfectly.
Old 2008-11-03, 11:03   Link #202
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
I amazed that the art teacher letting the class rep attempting rape on moral officer.
Old 2008-11-03, 11:18   Link #203
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2 View Post
I amazed that the art teacher letting the class rep attempting rape on moral officer.
It's probably because he enjoys watching. He wasn't going to stop them.
Old 2008-11-03, 13:32   Link #204
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Yeah it's always something to see when a character completely acts out of character, and with the already strong yuri element flying around in this show, it just matches perfectly.
Not only she acts out of her character, her appearance in that screen also so out of her "character" (she supported to be an unattractive flat-chest tomboy )

2nd half of Ep4 is seriously over of my expectation, that's why it's so enjoyable for me to watch...

PS: Suzu has an uneasy look on her face when Torako teamed up with Ayumi. Then she always asks Torako if she can do something. These two must be really close friends
Old 2008-11-04, 03:33   Link #205
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I don't think it was OOC for Torako to fool around and pretend to be a femme fatale. It's all fun.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-04, 06:05   Link #206
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I don't think it was OOC for Torako to fool around and pretend to be a femme fatale. It's all fun.
Out of character is probably the wrong phrase, but still it's not something you'd expect from her.
Old 2008-11-04, 06:09   Link #207
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

That's my point. It's totally something I'd expect from her if someone pointed a camera at her and asked her to be sexy.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-04, 07:54   Link #208
Nikusu

Send a message via AIM to Nikusu Send a message via MSN to Nikusu
Episode 4 was definitely my favorite episode so far. Does that make me a lesbian? I just thought the randomness was hilarious. Poor Ayu.
Nikusu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-05, 13:05   Link #209
Midonin
Last Engage

Spoiler for Hyakko 05:
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-05, 13:37   Link #210
nujaves
Native engrish speaka

ep 5
Ushio and Tora.....so its pun. I did not realize it until Torako mention about the spear.
nujaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-05, 16:18   Link #211
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep5:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-05, 20:08   Link #212
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Hmm, I believe one of the only things keeping me with this show is Orikasa Fumiko. The extremely crappy animation and rather poor direction style (what's with the awkward pacing?) are kinda ruining half the fun for me. It seems they spend most of their budget in hiring high-profile seiyuu and forgot about animators.

Still, Orikasa Fumiko is excellent as usual. Even though they largely represent the same archetypes, Torako is by no means Miu 2.0, and she's nowhere near Miu in terms of awesomeness--but she's not that far, either.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-06, 07:41   Link #213
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Well I quite like the direction that this series is going. It's random but that's the whole point of it. But unlike some other series, this one keeps my attention pretty well on being random SoL type.

ep 5
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-06, 08:30   Link #214
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Awkward pacing? That's the draw of it. lol. I don't know, but the flow of the show makes it feel pretty natural for me. Sorta different from the way Kyo no Go no Ni divides it up distinctly. The animation definitely isn't its strong point, but I think it's as good as it probably can get with the budget and that it's not some kind of action anime that requires it or something.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-06, 09:22   Link #215
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Well I quite like the direction that this series is going. It's random but that's the whole point of it. But unlike some other series, this one keeps my attention pretty well on being random SoL type.

ep 5
Spoiler:
episode 5 was awesome. Torako is just too cool. I found her annoying the first two episodes but she has started to grow on me after episode 3 and 4. She closed the deal after she was able to befriend Ushio.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-06, 14:58   Link #216
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
Spoiler for Episode 5:

In any case episode 5 was over all pretty decent and a good reminder as to why this is one of my favorite series of the current season. So far anyway. Definitely look forward to watching each episode as soon as possible.
Old 2008-11-06, 15:11   Link #217
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Woot... guys in the script. That moves this out of the "girls doing silly things" category and over to multi-dimensional slice-of-life like Sketchbook or Kyounogononi.
Old 2008-11-06, 15:14   Link #218
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
Awkward pacing? That's the draw of it. lol....
Absolutely. Ep 5 was hilarious.
Spoiler for ep5:
This show is turning out to be a quiet success, for me. I like the character design and even the animation, cheap as it is. The ED with just drawings instead of full backgrounds is a dead giveaway about the budget.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-06, 17:07   Link #219
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
Awkward pacing? That's the draw of it. lol.
Yeah, I mostly get that part... however, it isn't as pleasant as, say, Sketchbook's or any of Shinbo's comedies' unusual pacing is. Perhaps it just doesn't click with me, I don't know.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-06, 18:39   Link #220
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Woot... guys in the script. That moves this out of the "girls doing silly things" category and over to multi-dimensional slice-of-life like Sketchbook or Kyounogononi.
Minamike falls into the category of "silly" for me...this doesn't even come close
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
Yeah, I mostly get that part... however, it isn't as pleasant as, say, Sketchbook's or any of Shinbo's comedies' unusual pacing is. Perhaps it just doesn't click with me, I don't know.
Probably just you at the moment

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, parody, school life, shounen, slice of life