AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

View Poll Results: Clannad ~After Story~ - Episode 16 Rating
Perfect 10 180 70.59%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 38 14.90%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 7.84%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 1.57%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 0.78%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.39%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.39%
1 out of 10 : Painful 9 3.53%
Voters: 255. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-02-01, 10:06   Link #181
Kushi

God darn it... I stopped watching Clannad because I thought it was way too depressing... when I d/l 16 since I was curious to see how it was doing and I end up d/ling the saddest episode of the anime...

*lifts away the buckets of manly tears*
Old 2009-02-01, 10:09   Link #182
passin'gass
Cropduster

Gave this a 9/10 because of that jarring ED.

In retrospect, that upbeat ED saved me from having a depressing weekend.

...can i have my vote changed to a 10?
Old 2009-02-01, 10:12   Link #183
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Thankfully I was smart enough to skip the ED sequence completely and jump right into the preview. The impact was still kept.
Old 2009-02-01, 10:28   Link #184
SidVicious
Anime addict

Nagisa-chan....
Old 2009-02-01, 11:22   Link #185
Nerroth
NePoi!

Kyou looked a bit like Tohsaka with the red and black - and Kotomi's kimono looked great, too!

And I liked the little nods here and there to 'Tomo-pyon'...

...but yeah, the rest, well it's already been said, I guess.
Old 2009-02-01, 12:07   Link #186
Vegard Aune

Just rewatched the entire thing with subtitles, only, seeing how I already knew that KyoAni didn't change the ending, I took the liberty of playing Dango Daikazoku at the end instead...
It was even more devastating than the first time. Again, this is the most heart-wrenching episode of any anime I've ever seen.

On another note, I thought of this back in the last episode, but I'll mention it now. It seems like saying "I want to go to the beach with you" is the equivalent of "I'm going to die" in Key's stories. So I suppose now would be a good time to send a message to future Key-protagonists... IF YOUR GIRLFRIEND EVER SAYS THAT SHE WANTS TO GO TO THE BEACH WITH YOU, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, SAY NO! OTHERWISE, SHE'S GOING TO DIE!!!
...Yeah, I needed to say something humorous here, otherwise the tragedy of this episode might have driven me to commit suicide.
Old 2009-02-01, 12:42   Link #187
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Instead of Dango Daikazoku, how about... "The Palm of a Tiny Hand"?

It was a depressing episode, but I've been spoiled about this for quite some time (thank you 4chan), and Nagisa was raising death flags all over the place in the previous episode. The ED was a slap in the face, but enough has been said about that already.
Old 2009-02-01, 12:46   Link #188
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

No, because this song is solely destined for a unique scene.
Old 2009-02-01, 13:48   Link #189
Hyperion
Black Lagoon Social Club

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mit7059 View Post
W. T. F.

I'm so angry right now I can barely see straight. Why? Why? Why does every anime where they actually put effort into the story line decide, hey now we're going to crush your soul. Why would you do that? I don't understand, why can't there ever be a happy ending? Throughout all of Clannad I was pissed because I would have rather seen Tomoya with Tomoyo or Kyou but then in AS I actually really liked Nagisa and grew attached to the storyline.
wtf? WTF? WTF? WTF? WTF?

1/10 for ruining my day.
I agree. I was having a good day, feeling good and all that, I watched this and WHAM! I don't think I've ever cried that hard to an anime. My mom heard me bawling, asked me what was wrong so I showed her. We cried together.

I....I......damn it.
Old 2009-02-01, 13:52   Link #190
Lukix
. . .

Indeed, very despairing episode (especially near end). I was happy when I saw all 'mates' together. [Still - doesn't Sunohara x Kyou getting closer to each other? I love their 'conversations']
Old 2009-02-01, 14:31   Link #191
Viridian

Can't say I wasn't expecting this, what with all the foreshadowing. The death scene was handled pretty well, though I wasn't moved to tears.

Kotomi seemed to be referring to brane worlds and the many-world interpretation of quantum mechanics. Probably best to take the incorporation of these concepts into the story with a pinch of salt though

I really hope, now that Nagisa is dead, that they don't bring her back with some parallel world crap... I think it'll be a more meaningful ending if Tomoya learns to live with Ushio, who has a bit of Nagisa inside her after all. That and him finally sympathising with his father is probably the way the story will go now.
Old 2009-02-01, 15:10   Link #192
dustclee
Minami Dansen~

That. Was really well done. Everything from the voice acting to the BGM was great. Until the ED spoiled it.

This deserves more than a 10/10.
Old 2009-02-01, 15:13   Link #193
velvet
"with you, happiness"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
Can't say I wasn't expecting this, what with all the foreshadowing. The death scene was handled pretty well, though I wasn't moved to tears.

Kotomi seemed to be referring to brane worlds and the many-world interpretation of quantum mechanics. Probably best to take the incorporation of these concepts into the story with a pinch of salt though

I really hope, now that Nagisa is dead, that they don't bring her back with some parallel world crap... I think it'll be a more meaningful ending if Tomoya learns to live with Ushio, who has a bit of Nagisa inside her after all. That and him finally sympathising with his father is probably the way the story will go now.
I'd agree with you anytime. On a different story.
Or at least wait until you get to know Ushio.
Because when I did, I was crying and wishing (really hard) for God to give them a chance.

Old 2009-02-01, 15:37   Link #194
Nukerjsr
Baka Inu~

Send a message via AIM to Nukerjsr
I can like...feel the tears in my eye ducts but they are just aren't pour out like I expected.

I was spoiled by it, but still it's just amazing how hard this stuff that hits you. Especially to these characters that you've grown so attached to. It's a complete and total why? Why must the Unseen Force in the Key Universe be such an evil douchebag?

There were two parts of the episode that bothered me. I'm with everyone else on this, the ED was a moodkiller and should of just been axe'd. We don't need it at this point. The other would be just kind of with Kotomi's explaination of the other world. It's great to see all of these characters again but the whole explaination of the other world seemed force, especially when Tomoya explains how he doesn't feel different knowing he'll become a parent. It just feels unnecessary especially since we saw the other world twice.

I did really love this episode...I really felt for Tomoya during the scene of Ushio's birth because the man really does have to go through so much during it as well as his partner. And this really affects everyone in the universe with Nagisa's parents and all of their friends. It just chills you to the bone how excruciating it is to watch this happen, yet you are amazed by the beauty.

Oh man, now I'm starting to feel them...
Old 2009-02-01, 15:41   Link #195
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
finally an episode that made me cry whoo!
Old 2009-02-01, 15:53   Link #196
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

If we dare to scratch the surface of the physics, which is kinda something that you're not supposed to do as dictated by the law of anime + science, this whole thing will move to metaphysical and even debate on interpretations over a philosophical model about quantum world.
Although it may be fitting given that quantum realm... say take seeing nuclearweak and strong force transplanted on a macro scale would be as insane as Gurren Lagann meeting Cuthu'lu at least.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2009-02-01, 17:42   Link #197
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

i wonder how many ep it would take for tomoya to overcome his depression.
Old 2009-02-01, 17:48   Link #198
SkoolRumble4Ya

Probably until the last episode.
Old 2009-02-01, 17:54   Link #199
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
i´m perfectly indifferent to the episode as it went just the way it was expected to go.

Spoiler for assumption:
btw i think this was hinted from the very first episode onwards in season 1, sad but true
Old 2009-02-01, 18:12   Link #200
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

NAGISA!! TT.TT
Arg, this anime, this anime I tell you... Arg, my chest still feels tight, even though I knew what would happen. Where is that tissue...

It was an amazing episode, like I expected. The way Tomoya trying to hard to hold on to her... as Nagisa's life is fading away... Nagisa. T.T

And, until now, I still thought ED was acceptable, and how I really, really wished they put on Dango Daikazoku when the screen faded for the ending...