AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

Old 2009-05-22, 09:49   Link #2141
KimmyChan

And season III in itself will also have it's very own thread to discuss things in aswell
KimmyChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-23, 05:07   Link #2142
Deus_Ex_Obscurum

Season 1 I felt was an excellent introduction to the series.

It's pace wasn't too fast and as such it didn't overwhelm us but there were some excellent cliff-hangers and character interactions that left us hanging on for more.

In the dub, some of the voices were better than others. I particularily liked Alastor's VA both for the depths of his voice and the way it managed to convey power.

The whole power of existence thing I was a bit iffy on since it seems to be just another term for mana, albeit more esoteric than what one is usually used to.
Deus_Ex_Obscurum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-24, 12:19   Link #2143
KimmyChan

It certainly was, I myself watched all the episodes in Japanese with English subtitles
Old 2009-05-24, 12:29   Link #2144
ShinkuChou
The Crimson ButterFly

Send a message via Yahoo to ShinkuChou
Dude this is still my favortie anime i took hold of this anime differently then i useally do and im not sure why but just liked it sooo much it was jsut a really good anime.
ShinkuChou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-26, 05:17   Link #2145
KimmyChan

I'm totally thinking about re-watching this all again on DVD soon as I'm missing it lately
Old 2009-06-05, 03:23   Link #2146
CrossoverManiac
Come and drink my koolaid

Send a message via Yahoo to CrossoverManiac
I rewatched the first four DVD's and I can't help to think how selfish that little brat Sorath was. His sister is dying right beside him and all he can think of Shana's damn sword. I know they're both incestuous perverts but damn, at least pretend to care about your dying sister especially if you're jumping in the sack with her.
Old 2009-06-05, 04:10   Link #2147
KimmyChan

Lol! Very well put there CrossoverManiac! You have a very good point indeed!

Those 2 really did creep me out at points
Old 2009-06-05, 09:35   Link #2148
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

That was the first time I've seen a torrid kiss on a non-hentai anime.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-05, 10:02   Link #2149
KimmyChan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post

Same here; No wonder the DVD volume with that episode on it is rated a 15 over here
Old 2009-06-22, 16:22   Link #2150
mitsuganae

In anticipation of Animax Asia finally airing the second seaon (come July), I've been going through the first season -- as of now, I've finished half of it.

I must say I'm very impressed. It hasn't blown me away, but this is a very solid story. My only complaint is that IMHO Shana falls for Yuji a little too quickly -- I don't think someone as devoted to her calling as Shana would have such weak knees. But the advantage is that because it is established early, the relationship can be tested by the story right away (ala Romeo and Juliet etc.).

(This has probably been pointed out countless times before, but the similarities between Shana/Yuji and Saber/Shiro from Fate/Stay Night are striking).

Also (and this is not a complaint, just an observation), the opening animation has Shana smiling so much it seems out of character for her. At least during the first half of the season, she really only smiles when she eats her beloved melon bread!

Looking forward to finishing the first season, as well as getting to the second season!
mitsuganae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-24, 06:05   Link #2151
KimmyChan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitsuganae View Post

Also (and this is not a complaint, just an observation), the opening animation has Shana smiling so much it seems out of character for her. At least during the first half of the season, she really only smiles when she eats her beloved melon bread!
Very observent indeed mitsuganae! I totally never realised that myself until now!
Old 2009-11-24, 12:58   Link #2152
straferd
Toushi

Just finished season 1.

+ Shana (Urusai Urusai Urusai !!!)
+ Some touching scenes with great choice of music
+ Yuji isn't as annoying as some other male characters in similar role (Raki from Claymore, Shirō Emiya from Fate/Stay Night)

- The graphical production feels cheap, like something from the 80's
- The love story between 10 year old kids takes to much space
- Boring fighting scenes

Rating: 7/10

Conclusion: I hope season 2 is much better.

Last edited by straferd; 2009-11-25 at 07:42.
straferd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-24, 01:25   Link #2153
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Hmm, I finished the first series today, and I am finally getting why Shana is so popular in ISML, I mean she is a very cute, tsundere, small, long hair, and strong, so she's been rising though my favorite female characters rather quickly . On the series rather than Shana now; it has been very enjoyable for me, action scene, storyline, music, and pacing have been pretty good so far, and animation has been pretty good especially for the openings. The series will be getting a high rank in my favorite animes, if the rest of the series continues to this quality, or get better. Also I'll probably watch the movie, and second season soon.

Quote:
Same here, and god I was glad when they got killed .
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 18:34   Link #2154
Dr. Casey

Read something on TVTropes...

Quote:
Clingy Jealous Girl - Shana doesn't take it well when Yuji hangs out with Yoshida or Konoe but can't bring herself to openly show affection for him. She once thinks of cutting Yoshida down while the latter is frozen in a Fuzetsu
Whoa, I didn't know Shana was a yandere. When does she think about killing a Fuzetsu'd Yoshida?
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 20:51   Link #2155
OmniDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
Read something on TVTropes...

Whoa, I didn't know Shana was a yandere. When does she think about killing a Fuzetsu'd Yoshida?
I think before they fought the Aizen siblings.
OmniDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-15, 02:49   Link #2156
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

So sorta of random bit off topic, but having gotten to have melon bread/melon-pan today, I can completely see why Shana loves the stuff so much, seriously it's moderately sweet bread that tastes great, and surprisingly healthy compared to most stuff from America .
MAL

Last edited by Kotohono; 2010-08-15 at 03:10.
Old 2010-08-15, 03:03   Link #2157
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

For me, the closest thing to a melon pan is a similar shaped bread. @_@
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-15, 03:16   Link #2158
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
For me, the closest thing to a melon pan is a similar shaped bread. @_@
I only found some because one of my friends showed me where a place is that sells imported Japanese food and such here locally.

P.S. At sig question Depends if you like a tsuntsundere lead female, bit random comedy, and somewhat weird anime original episode; also if you do I'd go with not super high expectations of the series, and know that it somewhat changes after the first 3 episodes .
MAL
Old 2010-08-15, 03:22   Link #2159
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
I only found some because one of my friends showed me where a place is that sells imported Japanese food and such here locally.

P.S. At sig question Depends if you like a tsuntsundere lead female, bit random comedy, and somewhat weird anime original episode; also if you do I'd go with not super high expectations of the series, and know that it somewhat changes after the first 3 episodes .
*misunderstood*
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-15, 03:26   Link #2160
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
It changes dramatically after the first 3 episodes o.o

But the build-up for season 1 and 2 are merely to get ready for the finale which is season 3. So do not expect high expectations for now.. But in the future... Those expectations might come to life..
Sorry seems I've confused you and you missed what I was referring to there, Marcus H.'s has "Should I add Mayoi Neko Overrun! to my plan to watch list" in his signature, and I was just commenting on that for them.
MAL

Tags
action, adventure, comedy, drama, j.c. staff, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsundere