AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-05-07, 15:26   Link #61
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Just as long as we don't have a "Popura Uprising".
Old 2011-05-07, 17:49   Link #62
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblitz View Post
This pic looks so fucking ugly.
Old 2011-05-07, 20:04   Link #63
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
This pic looks so fucking ugly.
I'm not going to lie, it's not very good.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-08, 04:31   Link #64
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Poplar in particular looks pretty derp here.
Old 2011-05-08, 11:08   Link #65
Miraluka
Banned

Working on frugs I guess the artist in charge of that scan screwed up the designs.

I would be beyond scared if that become the new character designs for the series.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-08, 11:23   Link #66
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Working on frugs I guess the artist in charge of that scan screwed up the designs.

I would be beyond scared if that become the new character designs for the series.
The new character designs is question is just because of the director Atsushi Otsuki.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-08, 14:36   Link #67
kyouray
2D > 3D

Quote:
I think we don't have to worry since this illustration isn't made by Shingo Adachi. This picture is drawn by Tomoaki Takase, he directed the animation of some episodes and was the one who animated Inami crushing drinks can in episode 13. It seems he's better at animating than illustrating
Old 2011-05-08, 18:25   Link #68
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
The new character designs is question is just because of the director Atsushi Otsuki.
Shingo Adachi remains the character designer, though.
Old 2011-05-08, 19:55   Link #69
LunarPriestess
Disabled By Request

This is totally awesome. i can't wait.
LunarPriestess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-09, 21:46   Link #70
black_star
How should i say it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblitz View Post
Need more Popura in action. Really.
Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice! - Doquixote Doflamingo

MAL Twitter
black_star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-10, 08:01   Link #71
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:

It's only the first one. Let's see how future ones look.
Old 2011-05-10, 10:31   Link #72
katsudon
Part Time Translator

for your enjoyment.

i dunno how far the second season will get to, but even in manga they haven't got that far yet into the couplings.
katsudon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-10, 12:05   Link #73
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Why is Poplar always so prominent in the promotional materials, and then disappears in the actual series? Please don't let that happen again.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-11, 01:13   Link #74
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Why is Poplar always so prominent in the promotional materials, and then disappears in the actual series? Please don't let that happen again.
That happened because the anime focused too much on Katanashi and Inami, while leaving the other characters to secondary roles.
Old 2011-05-11, 01:38   Link #75
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
That happened because the anime focused too much on Katanashi and Inami, while leaving the other characters to secondary roles.
They had only "one cour" of episodes to work with, so they chose one of the primary threads in the first few volumes (Kat and Inami) to weave some of the other threads into. Despite having so little air time to work with, they did manage to work in a lot of material from the other two primary threads (the appearance of Yama and the ongoing "romance triangle" of the 3 older characters). Working! got caught in the "new economy" where its rare to get 24 episodes to do anything.
Old 2011-05-11, 01:58   Link #76
Used Can

I know, I'm not saying it was a bad decision, since following those two gave the anime some sense of episode continuity and plot.

However, the fact does remain the other characters remain rather underdeveloped.
But well, the manga is cheap and so much fun. So, I guess it'd also work as an incentive to buy it (for the Japanese, that is) - although, as far as I know, the manga already is very popular. I wouldn't know about the webcomic, but I like it as well.

I'd really like if Poplar gets more focus in the second season. Not to mention all that SatouxYachiyoxKyouko chapters from vol.3 they skipped. I mean, there's a lot of material they could use in the second season, haha. I don't think they even need to go for the latter volumes, since they skipped enough of vol.3, and almost all vol.4 and 5.
Old 2011-05-11, 10:51   Link #77
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
I know, I'm not saying it was a bad decision, since following those two gave the anime some sense of episode continuity and plot.
Well, I don't mind saying it was a bad decision! I loved the show - it ended up in my top 10 list for the year. But that storyline was clearly the least interesting part of the series for me, and the eps that didn't focus on it were usually classics.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-11, 15:07   Link #78
ZODDGUTS

Quote:

However, the fact does remain the other characters remain rather underdeveloped.
But well, the manga is cheap and so much fun. So, I guess it'd also work as an incentive to buy it (for the Japanese, that is) - although, as far as I know, the manga already is very popular. I wouldn't know about the webcomic, but I like it as well.

I'd really like if Poplar gets more focus in the second season. Not to mention all that SatouxYachiyoxKyouko chapters from vol.3 they skipped. I mean, there's a lot of material they could use in the second season, haha. I don't think they even need to go for the latter volumes, since they skipped enough of vol.3, and almost all vol.4 and 5.
Yeah hopefully they'll give more focus on the other characters this time.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-11, 17:22   Link #79
tsunade666

Quote:

what volume was mostly covered in the first season?
Old 2011-05-11, 18:51   Link #80
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
what volume was mostly covered in the first season?
Vols 1&2, for all intents and purposes, were well covered. The parts they covered from Vol.3 were parts relevant to Katanashi and Inami like when he confronted her father. From vol.4 they got things like when Kyōko had to leave for a business trip and Yachiyo ended up using Satou as a replacement. From vol.5 they got the SUPAH WAITORESU part, and Katanashi and Inami's date.

The order of how some things took place in the manga were changed a bit in the anime.

Tags
comedy, slice of life