AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2011-10-31, 05:56   Link #4401
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Almost every scene with Silver Tome possesed Tohma between Chapters 11 and 14 have this.

I'll take a wild guess and assume Yukari Higa is trying to give him an ominious prescence or something like that but ended up making those unncessesary long secuences.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-31, 06:27   Link #4402
Zero Hurricane
I'm here for the reason..

Send a message via Yahoo to Zero Hurricane
A heroic sacrifice, perhaps?
Old 2011-10-31, 09:16   Link #4403
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Almost every scene with Silver Tome possesed Tohma between Chapters 11 and 14 have this.

I'll take a wild guess and assume Yukari Higa is trying to give him an ominious prescence or something like that but ended up making those unncessesary long secuences.
If that's the only example you got and it was clearly done for effect rather than being a chronic part of the artist's style, it's hardly something one should keep bringing up as if it was a trademark issue of the manga.
Old 2011-10-31, 16:22   Link #4404
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
If that's the only example you got and it was clearly done for effect rather than being a chronic part of the artist's style, it's hardly something one should keep bringing up as if it was a trademark issue of the manga.
Probably, but the fact that those chapters trake almost a year to be published is mostly what gives the illusion of that being a trademark issue. To be fair, i can give some credit your theory if i look at Ch. 19 fight between Hucks and Fake Hucks which was much more well paced than all the other fights so far.

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-10-31, 18:43   Link #4405
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Release schedule has nothing to do with the pace of the sequential artwork itself.

Force is hardly the only monthly manga in existance. Now you may point to Vivid and say how that's fine, but remember that Vivid is fairly episodic in nature. It doesn't need panel time dedicated to developing a plot so most fights (which are usually one on one) are done in 2-3 chapters.

Don't hold the fact that it's monthly against the manga. It's not the manga's fault. If you must blame some one, blame the executives.
Old 2011-10-31, 20:14   Link #4406
Justin_Brett

It has nothing to do with whether it's episodic or not, it just has more of a sense of brevity. And having multiple combatants hardly made the aerial battle complicated.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-02, 04:29   Link #4407
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

I agree, Tsuzuki had demonstrated some improvement in multiple battes over the years. I must admit that the A's final battle have some poorly executed coreography(even if i myself find the over-the-top cheesiness enjoyable) but the improvement shows up in the StrikerS finale with a lot of simultaneous battles greatfully coreaographed(with the exception of Fate VS. Tre & Sette which isn't as exciting or impressive as the other battles in my opinion).

So this "issue" with the pacing and coreography in Force maybe can be atributed to Higa instead of Tsuzuki.

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-11-02, 05:54   Link #4408
Zero Hurricane

It could be in some previous chapter, Higa herself having trouble to drawing any action scenes.

Given this temporary hiatus, I expect Higa and Tsuzuki able to create a choreography battle that much better, more purposeful character development and storyline that actually focused on the mystery of the Eclipse.
Old 2011-11-02, 06:12   Link #4409
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Hurricane View Post
Given this temporary hiatus, I expect Higa and Tsuzuki able to create a choreography battle that much better, more purposeful character development and storyline that actually focused on the mystery of the Eclipse.
At that respect, i think the story is already heading into that way, we already seen a well coreographed fight in Ch. 19(which also demonstrates that a good and satisfying fight doesen't need tons of chapters to be well executed) as also a bit more of insight in the conflict between the Huckebein and the Vandin Corporation and their production of fake Huckebeins.

On the side of the heroes i really doubt Hayate will obey Curren's demands of staying away of her "family reunion", but seeing that Hayate can't take direct part on the action due to her injuries, it will be Teana the one apparently in charge of the operation which at least will be interesting since Teana already proven to be a different kind of fighter than the rest of the heroes: One that specializes in capturing people far more powerfull than her which is an invaluable ability right now.

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-11-02, 07:07   Link #4410
Zero Hurricane

Well, the family reunion that Curren said probably to gathering more and more powerful Eclipse Driver to assemble an army of anti-magic people that possibility RF6 can not match it, just Kaijo said. And that's if there is some other Fake Huckebein own that also have the same feeling as the original.

Because both the original and fake, they have in common: a spiteful nature that would kill anyone who hinder their ambitions. But in the terms of feeling, different.

Also, if ever Curren managed to build a family (read: army) large in a short time, there's a big chance that she and her family would spread their ideology to the entire dimension. To ensuring complete dimension saturation (a pun of Wesker's large ham in RE5's climax). But the theory I suggested this could have been inaccurate, since they're having a personal vendetta against Vandin Corporation.

If Vandin and Hucks were the two odds parties, then SDS6 is the party that mediate them. But this is unlikely, since they're more focused on investigating all the Huck's "cloud cuckoo landing" activities. I also agree with you, it is expected Teana with authority capable of guiding all members of SDS6 efficiently.

In addition, I also wondered about the secret behind the Bible of Silver Cross. So far we know that the Silver Cross is more dangerous than Book of Darkness. Even if my head also there are some questions like the following:

1. If Hayate is the mistress of BoD, I wonder know the true master of Silver Cross? (so far there is a two master, Thoma (via Lily) and Curren)
2. And what kind of spell in it? If the BoD using a spell called Diabolic Emmision, I wonder the spell is analogous with Diabolic Emission, but instead made from pure darkness, the spell probably creating a replica of sun and the light itself burns anyone who was in front of it.

Note the word "silver" itself. The color itself included in shades of gray, including white. And the white version of BoSC in the hand of Curren. Just because bears the name "bible" and the silvery color, doesn't mean the book itself radiate kindness to the master. Istead, the Bible seemed to "force" the master to follow what the Bible said, as demonstrated in chapter 14.

If only this is the speculation that I give.
Old 2011-11-02, 23:46   Link #4411
WarpObscura
Bibliophile

Quote:
Well, the family reunion that Curren said probably to gathering more and more powerful Eclipse Driver to assemble an army of anti-magic people that possibility RF6 can not match it, just Kaijo said. And that's if there is some other Fake Huckebein own that also have the same feeling as the original.
Anyone wanna bet that the majority of said army will be low-grade rent-a-mooks who die in droves to redshirts with AEC weapons?

Quote:
In addition, I also wondered about the secret behind the Bible of Silver Cross. So far we know that the Silver Cross is more dangerous than Book of Darkness.
Silver has usually been considered less valuable than gold, which the cross on the BoD is, so I don't really think so. Has the Silver actually destroyed planets before? If not, then we can say that Silver is better in personal combat while Night Sky/Darkness is a planetary destruction unit.

Quote:
1. If Hayate is the mistress of BoD, I wonder know the true master of Silver Cross? (so far there is a two master, Thoma (via Lily) and Curren)
I read someone suggest that there's a Strosek-First who's (serving) the real mastermind. Wonder if that's really the case?

Quote:
If only this is the speculation that I give.
You're hoping that it's not true, then.

Yo dawg, I heard you like QB...

Thanks MAEt for the av!
WarpObscura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-03, 04:33   Link #4412
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
In addition, I also wondered about the secret behind the Bible of Silver Cross. So far we know that the Silver Cross is more dangerous than Book of Darkness.
How is the Silver Cross more dangerous than the book that blew up planets and could not even be controlled or destroyed until A's happened?
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-03, 07:42   Link #4413
Justin_Brett

Quote:
Anyone wanna bet that the majority of said army will be low-grade rent-a-mooks who die in droves to redshirts with AEC weapons?
And the only purpose the Raptors serve (except one who becomes sentient most likely) will be fighting them while Section Six deal with the actual tough people, nullifying both of their purposes in the story.
Old 2011-11-03, 08:05   Link #4414
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
How is the Silver Cross more dangerous than the book that blew up planets and could not even be controlled or destroyed until A's happened?
Well, consider that the Book of Darkness needs to harvest linker cores in order to be at full power while the Silver Cross doesn't and can activate its more powerful abilities by itself. It may not be able to destroy a planet, but it can cause heart attacks across a wide area with considerable ease.
Old 2011-11-03, 08:26   Link #4415
Zero Hurricane

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpObscura View Post
Silver has usually been considered less valuable than gold, which the cross on the BoD is, so I don't really think so. Has the Silver actually destroyed planets before? If not, then we can say that Silver is better in personal combat while Night Sky/Darkness is a planetary destruction unit.
If it can be compared to levels of a precious metal with the resulting destruction, it could be like this ...

Bronze = whole town (or maybe one province)
Silver = one country (or maybe one continent)
Gold = the entire planet
Platinum = the entire universe (!)

I guess that's the scale of the resulting destruction.

Quote:
Well, consider that the Book of Darkness needs to harvest linker cores in order to be at full power while the Silver Cross doesn't and can activate its more powerful abilities by itself. It may not be able to destroy a planet, but it can cause heart attacks across a wide area with considerable ease.
It could be possible rather than harvest the Linker Core of some mages, the Silver Cross is likely to harvest the soul, body and mind from the victim, even the master itself. So they seemed to be controlled to obey what the Bible had to say.
Old 2011-11-03, 08:30   Link #4416
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I still don't see how that makes it more powerful though. Yeah, it's certainly a powerful device, but it has limitations as well, requiring a very specific infected person to wield it (do recall, after all, that not everyone can use the Divide Zero. Even among eclipse users this is an exceedingly rare skill).
Old 2011-11-03, 08:53   Link #4417
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Wasn't talking about power but danger potential. A nuke may be more powerful but is very restricted in its use compared to a hand gun which may not be as destructive but can be weilded far more easily.
Old 2011-11-03, 10:01   Link #4418
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Wasn't talking about power but danger potential. A nuke may be more powerful but is very restricted in its use compared to a hand gun which may not be as destructive but can be weilded far more easily.
Exactly, the Book of Darkness may have the power to blow up planets but ultimately that's it's only notable function, one that cannot be controlled by it's master and is fully automatic. Silver Cross on the other hand have a plethora of insanely powerfull habilities that, with the correct methods, can be handled councsiously allowing for tactical use and thus be able to deal damage strategically upon it's enemies.

The Book of Darkness can be use to scare some people using it as a menace while the Silver Cross is something you can actually use on the battlefield with far less danger of blowing yourself up.

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-11-03, 14:57   Link #4419
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Exactly, the Book of Darkness may have the power to blow up planets but ultimately that's it's only notable function, one that cannot be controlled by it's master and is fully automatic.
*tips of* The ability to absorb linker cores holding all the magical skills and knowledge of the victim, the ability to bestow these abilities on the wielder, the ability to tear through the most potent defenses, the ability to spawn powerful guardians, the ability to absorb mages in their entirety, the ability to assimilate magical technology for its own use, the ability to regenerate even after complete destruction... frankly, blowing up planets is just the tip of the iceberg. And that was after it broke, imagine how powerful it was before it broke.

Yes, the Silver Cross is more tactically viable and useful than the Book of Darkness, but so is Kerykeion, and if I were to call Kerykeion more dangerous than the Book of Darkness everyone here would be wondering what I'd been drinking.
Old 2011-11-03, 15:01   Link #4420
Justin_Brett

Also if you actually want the Infected person to do something in particular besides blow things up indiscriminately, you need a Strosek, and getting just the first two parts would already be difficult enough.

Tags
manga, nanoha force