AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2016-04-18, 06:13   Link #9061
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Coa View Post
Spoiler for Fate/Extra Last Encore official art:
You know I don't really remember Nero's clothes riding up her buttcrack...
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-30, 02:02   Link #9062
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
You know I don't really remember Nero's clothes riding up her buttcrack...
- Neither do I, but considering this is NERO...

ALSO: I'll just leave this here...

Goddamnit, Gilles. This France at war, not a 90's anime tsundere-and-weirdo-romcom!
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-30, 02:39   Link #9063
Tenzen12

Where is this from?
Old 2016-04-30, 03:00   Link #9064
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

No idea, friend just posted that still
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-30, 04:23   Link #9065
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Einzbern consultation room, those F/Z extras.
Old 2016-05-15, 02:05   Link #9066
EroKing

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-24 at 04:51.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-16, 00:07   Link #9067
Brother Coa
Banned

Is it just me or did the quality of animation dropped when compared to FZ and UBW?
Brother Coa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-16, 01:31   Link #9068
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

It seems like the opposite to me.
Old 2016-05-16, 02:10   Link #9069
Brother Coa
Banned

Look at this for example:

Spoiler for Fate/Zero official image:

and this:

Spoiler for UBW anime screenshot:

The quality is obviously superior, even the lightning and the shadowing of characters. Never-mind background.

Maybe I am wrong and this will not be the final product but when I look at this it seems that Ufotable will not go full high-end animation quality for Haven's Feel movies like they did for FZ and UBW anime series.

When I look at this latest official photo it honestly reminds me of Konosuba level of animation, although that is not a bad thing at all as Konosuba was show with good animation. Not epic but still good.
Old 2016-05-16, 02:50   Link #9070
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Come on, this is just a promotional picture, it's way too premature to base an expectation about how the animation will look like, not with this as your source at least.

The other one with Sakura holding flowers and hiding her face with it was beautiful and I seem to recall reading on BL that this was drawn by someone else and personally I see nothing wrong with it, granted I do not have an artistic eye.
Old 2016-05-16, 03:24   Link #9071
Brother Coa
Banned

This one is not simply drawn - it's from NewType magazine and it is the latest visual from the project and pretty much official work.

And to be fair, even the picture where Sakura holding flowers is quite simplistic when it compares to FZ or UBW promotional work. And it is promotional work - meaning it is basically a poster with no animation quality details at all ( unlike this one we got right now which shows level of animation in the show ).

The only one that is good is the original one we got when UBW anime was announced in 2014 ( also official and also a source to base this ). That poster was epic and animation quality presented in it was on the level of both FZ and UBW anime.

When all of this is said and done ( and seen ), it seems that Ufotable seen that they will not earn as much as they expected originally ( same story like with UBW, they expected it to sell much, much more than when they got so far ) so they decided to lower down the animation quality to cut eventual losses they might have ( they also have several anime projects going on as well so they cannot invest ton of money like they did with FZ and UBW ).

But in the end the quality is still great and bigger focus will probably be on the battles there are in the route ( especially the 3'rd movie ). We shall see when they release trailer next ear.
Old 2016-05-16, 04:12   Link #9072
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

I honestly don't get how you can tell animation quality from a static picture? You obviously mean art style, right? Plus I remember seeing some really derpy UBW promotional pictures too.

You're making baseless assumptions left and right, wait until you see an actual animated promo before making judgements like these :/
Old 2016-05-16, 04:20   Link #9073
Brother Coa
Banned

They are not baseless ( I provided analysis and sources, if you choose to discard them that's your choice) but you are right, I will reserve my final judgement for when I see actual trailer for the movie. Until then I will stand by my opinion.

I should also note that drop in quality of animation happened in Fate/Zero as well. And that can be seen from episode 18 up until the end of the series. And I am the kind of person who judge the series by it's story and not animation.
Old 2016-05-16, 05:16   Link #9074
Klard
The cilvilain

I'm usually dont expect too much from something but if they still did well with the story i don't acctually care much about animation quality, well i hope it will be good but don't need to be best
Old 2016-05-16, 10:20   Link #9075
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Coa View Post
They are not baseless ( I provided analysis and sources, if you choose to discard them that's your choice) but you are right, I will reserve my final judgement for when I see actual trailer for the movie. Until then I will stand by my opinion.

I should also note that drop in quality of animation happened in Fate/Zero as well. And that can be seen from episode 18 up until the end of the series. And I am the kind of person who judge the series by it's story and not animation.
I remember back when UBW was announced someone was brining up how some promo images for F/Z looked very, VERY bad as well, so there is really no reason to worry about this.

Also it's a MOVIE SERIES FORMAT! Look at KNK... and that was made around the time when the DEEN UBW movie was released... you don't honestly want to say that the quality will be worse now, do you?
Old 2016-05-31, 14:21   Link #9076
Brother Coa
Banned

Sabers invasion.

Old 2016-06-01, 01:34   Link #9077
Tenzen12

Meh, they forgot best saberface...
Old 2016-06-01, 10:30   Link #9078
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Okita is the best Saberface. Jeanne is as plain as Artioria
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-01, 10:32   Link #9079
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I... can't remember the Saber last on the right and second to the left from the middle.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-01, 11:27   Link #9080
Brother Coa
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
I... can't remember the Saber last on the right and second to the left from the middle.
Last on the second - Sakura ( Okita ) Saber.
Second to the left - Arthuria Alter. The new Lancer version, the one not corrupted by the Grail but rather being "evil" from the start. That failed from the start... xD

Tags
fate/apocrypha, fate/extra, fate/grand order, fate/hollow ataraxia, fate/kaleid liner, fate/stay night, fate/zero, images