AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-07-26, 22:14   Link #321
Jarmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
It's not infectious. He has the labs. Labs say bloodletting. This is why he can't rationalize it. And unfortunately, doctors are suppose to be open to any cause as anemia is just a symptom and not the cause of the problem.

He got into his routine of assigning probable cause of death without confirming it and now he has a big problem on his hands. The way he was treating how people die was the way animals used to get treated here. It doesn't happen that way now as pets are autopsied in some cases. Like he said Megumi died from heart failure. Well that's all well and good but secondary to what especially in a teen who was previously normal. And those elderly dying of summer colds....

He'd have his license revoked here for the way he is practicing medicine.
Correct but there isn't a way he can rationalize it which means that it would have to be some form of a virus. He did run down who might have it which means that he is atleast considering the idea but at this point he needs to call some other experts in as it seems to be completely out of his control.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-26, 23:24   Link #322
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
...I'd be investing in garlic, finding some holy water, making a few wooden stakes and packing my bags to get the hell out of town as fast as I could.
And when you told a doc in the next town that you had, you'd have your licence revoked for that, too. Vampires do not exist in real life, is what they'd say. Although bloodletting does, as you say, so you and the police should be looking for the creep who is going around taking blood from people. Not buying garlic and abandoning your patients.

Thanks for the outline of the medicine. From what you write, the natural conclusion would be some kind of bloodletting? A cult? A solitary crazy? A criminal conspiracy to sell the blood? Another doc? One of your employees? But as your Wikipedia reference says, this is hardly a very common happening, so it would (will?) probably be the very last thing he thinks of.

He's guilty of lack of imagination more than malpractice, it seems to me. Since he inherited the hospital, perhaps he's not the top doc in the country. So far, I'd say he's doing okay -- but not as well as he could be doing if he thought of all the possibilities.

Sending the woman home rather than keeping her under observation was a no-no, however, I agree. It might be normal if there were no mystery about the situation, but Megumi's death means there is.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-27, 19:55   Link #323
wingman32x

A good episode this week. God, I love this anime's character designs. The "Shiki" family members look awesome. So another person dies. Well, we find out about the bite marks Nao had. That hints at a few things ( I Haven't read the manga or LN). I hate Misao. Everything that came out of that guy's mouth annoyed the hell out of me. Overall, I thought this was an enjoyable episode.
wingman32x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-28, 10:28   Link #324
thefeared

Did Funi stop simulcasting it?
thefeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-28, 10:49   Link #325
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefeared View Post
Did Funi stop simulcasting it?
No. They had problems with the third episode, and will stream it alongside episode four.
Old 2010-07-29, 14:18   Link #326
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Waaah! Ep4 best so far.
Spoiler for ep4:
Here's a wallpaper (1280px) from this episode, posted on 2channel. (spoiler)
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2010-07-29 at 16:22.
Old 2010-07-29, 16:47   Link #327
Horse

Quote:
the show is for fujoshi.
Having just seen episode 3, I would agree - my imagination was running wild on every scene with Toru.

On a more srs note, Sunako's introduction was a fantastic scene with great BGM and seiyuuwork. Gackt on the other hand... no, just no.
Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-29, 16:51   Link #328
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
That actually scared bit a little bit when i first seen it..

Yeah not making that my desktop wallpaper.
Old 2010-07-29, 18:20   Link #329
Katapan
俺様祭り

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I love that shot. It popped up for a very faint moment at the end of the TV trailer, so quickly that most Youtube reposts missed it... truly creepy.

Episode 4 was also the best for me, so far. It's not like the show is doing everything perfectly, but on the other hand, it can glue me to the screen like no other during the key scenes. I haven't enjoyed noitaminA this much in a long time.
Plus, Takanashi Yasuharu is god. Every week, I am reminded of how I've missed him since Jigoku Shoujo, which ranks very, very high in my favorite OST list. Especially...

Spoiler for Episode 4:

By the way, not that it really matters, but imo, this episode actually proved that the show wasn't really a 'fujoshi show'.

Spoiler for Episode 4:
Katapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-29, 21:11   Link #330
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katapan View Post

Spoiler for Episode 4:
Spoiler for ep.4:
Old 2010-07-29, 21:36   Link #331
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Red Ring of Death, in another meaning.

Spoiler for ep4:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katapan View Post
By the way, not that it really matters, but imo, this episode actually proved that the show wasn't really a 'fujoshi show'.
I have no idea how this could be a fujoshi show in the first place...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-29, 22:37   Link #332
Silverwyrm

Ahh I've been waiting for this one to be animated and I wasn't dissapointed, I really like how yuki's fear is portrayed here.
Silverwyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-30, 05:57   Link #333
Xcomp
Owe No Favours!

Thought I'd mention I enjoyed episode 4 too and liked the direction of the horror scenes.

Spoiler for Scenes:
Xcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-30, 21:29   Link #334
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Ugh, Funi has episode 3 up yet but no sign of episode 4, hope they manage to catch up sooner than later. So, since I'm a week late, nothing to say but to add to the growing chorus of "I hope that Masao kid doesn't make it." Seriously, the kid is creepy and seems to have some sort of "I'm different so people won't like me so I won't give them a reason to like me" complex.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-30, 22:08   Link #335
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
Ugh, Funi has episode 3 up yet but no sign of episode 4, hope they manage to catch up sooner than later. So, since I'm a week late, nothing to say but to add to the growing chorus of "I hope that Masao kid doesn't make it." Seriously, the kid is creepy and seems to have some sort of "I'm different so people won't like me so I won't give them a reason to like me" complex.
I'm in complete agreement with you on all those points -- the ones about Masao & the ones about being a week behind & hoping that Funi catches up. Preferably sooner. If Masao hadn't made his debut with the other locals, I would have thought he was part of the newcomers crowd. He looks as weird as they do and acts even creepier than them.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-30, 22:28   Link #336
Silverwyrm

I thought masao was explained better int he manga, although since they did do it way earl yin the anime there is still time for more. In the manga when they got around to showing his past I went from loathing to utter pity. He really is pathetic, not necessarily entirely his fault but that's how he turned out.
Silverwyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-31, 00:40   Link #337
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

The most interesting element of this series for me is trying to figure out just how the material (and audience) is being played. Is this straight-ahead modern Japanese horror, or a tongue-in-cheek riff on a vampire story? I continue to believe the central tenet of the story will be more or less exactly what the clues say it is, and not some major left-turn making all the vampire hinting a feint. But who knows, I've been wrong before...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-31, 00:52   Link #338
oompa loompa

I would love it if the family on top of the hill is not really to blame... though I'm going to keep my expectations low so that I enjoy it either way
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-31, 01:46   Link #339
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
The most interesting element of this series for me is trying to figure out just how the material (and audience) is being played. Is this straight-ahead modern Japanese horror, or a tongue-in-cheek riff on a vampire story? I continue to believe the central tenet of the story will be more or less exactly what the clues say it is, and not some major left-turn making all the vampire hinting a feint. But who knows, I've been wrong before...
I don't think there's any tongue-in-cheek. I think it's a tragedy, inexorably descending, but with comedic bits (as in Shakespeare) to momentarily relieve the tragedy and entertain.

I don't actually find the anime that frightening -- except maybe for one recent scene. I think the anime's force comes from the fact that nothing seems to be able to stop things progressing downward. Part of the essence of tragedy.

The way Sunako is being played young is another thing that sort of lightens the feeling, but may make it darker in the long run. A post on 2channel felt she was being played too young. It's too early to tell, I think. Weird is good, too.
Old 2010-07-31, 03:07   Link #340
SemperMalum

I don't particularly find the anime to be scary (Higurashi is tops there), but I do find the atmosphere to be very tense and dark which is foreboding and creepy at parts (Namely the most recent episode with Megumi's head popping out from underneath the bed)

I have to say I'm enjoying that BGM they've played at the end of the episodes... I can't wait for the OST.
SemperMalum is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
horror, shounen, supernatural, vampire