Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-09-28, 13:47   Link #14561
Tael
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kir44n View Post
So heres my question to you Tael. Considering Sunrise will give most of its projects an ova/movie, do you think Code Geass will get one, or do you think it will leave Kallen right where they left us at episode 25. Somewhat resolved, but plenty of holes and unresolved threads?
I don't know. Taniguchi isn't known for making movies to his works, but none have really ever ended so... open and with so many loose threads hanging all over. I'm more interested in if anything was actually changed and not so much what could possibly come later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dec4rhapsody View Post
Well, right now I see chara-songs as consolation prizes (though the 1st verse of Lelouch's REGENERATION screams Turn 22's little mouth on mouth incident....)
Care to supply the lyrics in question?
Tael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 13:47   Link #14562
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tael View Post
Something is missing, for both C.C. and Kallen. If the truth comes out that things were omitted and we find out what they were, or even if its in some extended version, Taniguchi may have shot himself in the foot, and CG between the eyes. If the ending was altered like this then people will seriously hate the show.

The character song no longer even makes sense. Which goes to say, again, that things were missing in this episode.
I'll admit, the song really only makes sense if Kallen knows for sure that Lelouch loved her and she knew she could go after him someday. Makes me think the song was finished before the end of the show was finalized. Still, there was enough of a possibility left open that Lelouch was alive and loved Kallen and that Kallen somehow has an inkling that he's alive (possibly why she thinks of him in present tense), that such an ending is open to interpretation.

Honestly, I just think they tried to please everyone and ended up pleasing no one. But there is always the possibility of alternative/multiple endings or OVA, etc. We'll just have to wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfHeaven View Post
Doesn't matter to me who Lelouch had romantic feelings toward either C.C. or Kallen. Though, I was hoping Kallen's gum line would have been said since she never really got a answer from Lelouch about the 'live on' line. I don't think silence was an answer.

I'm hoping the gum line was just an deleted scene and maybe it could show up one day. It had to come from somewhere.
Well, she didn't get an answer, but she did understand in the end. I'm just sad that she was never able to talk once more to Lelouch, but that would've made the ending unambiguous.
Old 2008-09-28, 13:49   Link #14563
Witacume
Kalulu YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngde View Post
I'll admit, the song really only makes sense if Kallen knows for sure that Lelouch loved her and she knew she could go after him someday. Makes me think the song was finished before the end of the show was finalized. Still, there was enough of a possibility left open that Lelouch was alive and loved Kallen and that Kallen somehow has an inkling that he's alive (possibly why she thinks of him in present tense), that such an ending is open to interpretation.

Honestly, I just think they tried to please everyone and ended up pleasing no one. But there is always the possibility of alternative/multiple endings or OVA, etc. We'll just have to wait.
Actually i am dowm with deleted scenes XD.
Sensibility was never played
add that too the BGM of the Kalulu moment
add the gumline
we get a deleted scene!
Witacume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 13:49   Link #14564
hanseo
CC's Shining Knight

but what the point of her saying gunline if she isn't golng to be with him because he died?
Old 2008-09-28, 13:50   Link #14565
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*

Location: Glorious Fire Wall-Hmm, I hate my government more than you do.
Send a message via MSN to dec4rhapsody
Spoiler for regeneration 1st verse:
dec4rhapsody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 13:51   Link #14566
Tael
Banned

Quote:
Spoiler for regeneration 1st verse:
Lol. Was this a Season 1 track?

Plot -> Ambiguous.
Character songs -> Kallen and Lelouch
Picture Dramas -> Unknown for the time being...
Old 2008-09-28, 13:51   Link #14567
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*

Quote:
Lol. Was this a Season 1 track?
Season 2. Released some days before Turn 22.
Old 2008-09-28, 13:53   Link #14568
Tael
Banned

Quote:
Season 2. Released some days before Turn 22.
Oh good. Now I can really wonder what the fuck is going on behind the scenes. These character songs make my eyes spin. They are canon material, from the best of my knowledge, that reveals the inner thoughts of characters. But with how the story ended... they don't make complete sense anymore.

All of the Season 1 songs were congruous and fit the plot. Now, with a missing gum-line and C.C. and Lelouch promise, the Lelouch and Kallen songs don't make too much sense.
Old 2008-09-28, 13:56   Link #14569
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Hey...mind to translate those lines of regeneration, guys ?

Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 13:56   Link #14570
lovecakecookies

Quote:
Oh good. Now I can really wonder what the fuck is going on behind the scenes. These character songs make my eyes spin. They are canon material, from the best of my knowledge, that reveals the inner thoughts of characters. But with how the story ended... they don't make complete sense anymore.

All of the Season 1 songs were congruous and fit the plot. Now, with a missing gum-line and C.C. and Lelouch promise, the Lelouch and Kallen songs don't make too much sense.
Can you understand those lyrics by any chance?
Old 2008-09-28, 13:59   Link #14571
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecakecookies View Post
Can you understand those lyrics by any chance?
Well you know that regeneration was a "stoic" song, though I labeled it as "siscon".

Kallen's Platinum Soul was all lovey-dovey (our life!) over a certain someone (May he rest in peace!), while Lelouch's never end was full of angst and sisconness.
Old 2008-09-28, 14:06   Link #14572
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:

Well, she didn't get an answer, but she did understand in the end. I'm just sad that she was never able to talk once more to Lelouch, but that would've made the ending unambiguous.
Yeah and i think that kinda completes Kallen's "mission" in R2 which was to figure out the man behind the mask.
I wish they had a last convo as well but i don't know, it might be better this way? "^^
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 14:09   Link #14573
lovecakecookies

Its kinda funny how everyone knew Kallen would say the epilogue...or that they would make her narrate the end..
Old 2008-09-28, 14:10   Link #14574
hanseo
CC's Shining Knight

all i will say is some questions is better left not answered
Old 2008-09-28, 14:10   Link #14575
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*

Quote:
Its kinda funny how everyone knew Kallen would say the epilogue...or that they would make her narrate the end..
But she did give the floor to C.C.~

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanseo View Post
all i will say is some questions is better left not answer?
Sorta?
Old 2008-09-28, 14:11   Link #14576
reaper_unique

Quote:
I'm making up a little OVA in my head where Kallen and Suzaku chase after Lelouch and C.C. who are trying to find a way to destroy Geass forever. Kallen catches up, slaps him and then the gum line. It would be so sweet. (Even if it never happens.)

Depends on what you consider satisfactory. Apparently, SUNRISE thinks satisfactory is an ending that is designed to be SO ambiguous that anyone can draw any conclusion from it to support their own ship, but because so many shippers are about winning/losing, it ended up satisfying no one. It takes alot of talent to craft an ending that neither confirms nor denies any possibilities.
please write it, I will read it with much joy and give Kallen and lulu a real heart to heart conversation, because that is something that bugs me the most of all, not having Kallen and lulu talk one last time
reaper_unique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 14:19   Link #14577
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Best epilogue ever, starting with those gym-practice thingies. lawl
And btw, after Kallen said that "everyone blamed you essentially" she sighed after, that was sweet.
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 14:21   Link #14578
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyless View Post
And btw, after Kallen said that "everyone blamed you essentially" she sighed after, that was sweet.
The bittersweet part for me in the epilogue was "You'll probably laugh and say 'just as planned'"

*Tears*
I've already dropped my AMV plans after this...
Old 2008-09-28, 14:21   Link #14579
Tael
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyless View Post
The dialogue is/was wierd. She speaks over everyone else in a pseudo-past tense in relation to how they felt/feel about Lelouch, but she herself speaks in the present.
Old 2008-09-28, 14:23   Link #14580
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*

Quote:
The dialogue is/was wierd. She speaks over everyone else in a pseudo-past tense in relation to how they felt/feel about Lelouch, but she herself speaks in the present.
He'll always live...in her heart...
BTW, what's your version of REGENERATION?