AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-06-16, 18:01   Link #981
Jerseykid

Some crazed deviant stole the face off everyone in episode 11.
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-16, 21:16   Link #982
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

For a minute there, I seriously thought Kasuga was going to kill himself....
Old 2013-06-17, 05:10   Link #983
bastek66

Latest episodes are so bad that I just skip moments.
Old 2013-06-17, 14:53   Link #984
Dop
Mmmm....

So, one month later and Kasuga is a broken boy, skipping dinner, throwing up in a carrier bag in his bedroom, and generally completely out of it. Although it seems that Saeki hasn't given away her knowledge about the classroom incident, so it looks like he's got away with it... so far.

I did for a moment really think that he was walking barefoot through the streets at dead of night, and it was only when the 'flowers of evil' motif appeared and the skies grew increasingly troubled and apocalyptic that I realised this was a dream sequence.

Looks like he'll finally give Nakamura that essay she wanted.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-17, 19:48   Link #985
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Maybe Kasuga should just admit to himself that he prefers Nakamura over Saeki?
Old 2013-06-18, 05:40   Link #986
Bern-san

Didn't he admit it in the last scene though? Thanks to that weird dream he realized that he wanted to be with Nakamura.
Old 2013-06-18, 05:44   Link #987
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
I love the "dreaming scene". It's the best scene in the whole series.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-18, 12:44   Link #988
hyperborealis
Lost at Sea

Yes. That scene was beyond brilliant. The show has a penchant for long slow walks through this ugliest of towns. The effect is overwhelming, powerful. The background music was wonderful too.

I really hope Kasuga is not projecting a desire for friendship onto Nakamura. I just don't see her responding to anything he does except with scorn.

A Blossoming Flower in the Snowy Winter
hyperborealis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-18, 16:45   Link #989
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Nakamaura would just troll Kasuga's ass even harder if he told her that he wants to be friends with her.
Old 2013-06-21, 12:50   Link #990
yononaka
nani ni tatoemu

Transcript: Hiroshi Nagahama (Aku no Hana director) Animazement Panel

Episode 7 was shown, followed some Q&A. I think a lot of what he said there he's already talked about in other interviews that have been linked here, but it's still worth a look. Sample:

Quote:
"If you make it live action, then you will notice and tend to fixate on the real human actor projected on screen. [... (Iron Man/Robert Downey Jr example)]

So in order to connect the animated world to ours, we have to choose something in between: something that is not anime and also not live action. That is why we did the rotoscoping this time. If someone asks whether rotoscoping is the best choice, we wouldn’t know. But we try rotoscoping first anyway, then we think, and that’s the case."
yononaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-23, 21:38   Link #991
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Interesting episode more evidence for her family issues. To me, something doesn't sit right with her father and the divorce maybe has something also to do with it. Not sure...but I wonder what the hell was in that room I wonder if it just looks normal
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-24, 11:14   Link #992
Dr. Casey

Ugh, I can't stand the curly-haired male classmate. Empty, meanspirited, two-faced bully. Aku no Hana does an impeccable job of accurately portraying high schoolers, I must say.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-24, 11:27   Link #993
Bern-san

The pace of the last 2 episodes is as slow as ever which more or less confirms that the anime will end at vol. 4 but that doesn't make those episodes any less enjoyable.

This video is a special dedicated on Aku no Hana, including a guy dressed in Saeki's uniform interviewing random people, Kasuga's actor, interview with staff from the anime and some recording of the live-action with comparison to the anime version. I think it's the same program which had Shingeki's author as a guest recently.

P.S Can someone tell me who is the host? I've already seen him hosting seiyuu events and other anime related programs.
Old 2013-06-24, 17:43   Link #994
bastek66

I read that while this garbage bombed mangaka's works got solid boost and there are already reprints with new covers and Yuutai Nova will have another volume.
Old 2013-06-24, 19:07   Link #995
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Is the manga to this really better than the series? I might decide to take a look after this is over.
Old 2013-06-25, 03:31   Link #996
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
Is the manga to this really better than the series? I might decide to take a look after this is over.
oh yes it is a very emotional roller coaster for our poor little Kasuga also the manga is prettier to look at.
Old 2013-06-25, 04:51   Link #997
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern-san View Post
P.S Can someone tell me who is the host? I've already seen him hosting seiyuu events and other anime related programs.
He's Hisanori Yoshida, an announcer for Nippon Broadcasting who loves anime/manga and often gets put in charge of hosting seiyuu events or anime related PR gigs and is well liked by both fans and seiyuu. Aniplex seems to hire him a lot seeing how I've seen him involved with various Aniplex titles. His nickname in the industry is Yoppi. In fact he voiced the policeman that found the trio in episode 10.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-25, 05:30   Link #998
Jerseykid

The terrors that lie in Nakamura's room!
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-25, 07:31   Link #999
Bern-san

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
He's Hisanori Yoshida, an announcer for Nippon Broadcasting who loves anime/manga and often gets put in charge of hosting seiyuu events or anime related PR gigs and is well liked by both fans and seiyuu. Aniplex seems to hire him a lot seeing how I've seen him involved with various Aniplex titles. His nickname in the industry is Yoppi. In fact he voiced the policeman that found the trio in episode 10.
Thanks! I'll rewatch that part of episode 10.

If you like the anime, you'll love the manga especially since the best parts are right after where the anime plans to end. Maybe anime-only will have to get used to the change in art but aside from I don't see any problem.

It's good that the manga sales have risen since it doesn't look like the anime is going to sell really well.
Old 2013-06-25, 17:05   Link #1000
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Maybe I'll check out the manga once this is over.

This show is suchhhhhhhhhhhhhh a trainwreck but I can't stop watching

Tags
avantgarde, romance