AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2011-10-02, 03:11   Link #2041
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

...You know, maybe you should read Dune---there's some description as to why people in that universe still use swords and knives---mainly because personal shields protect against most firearms. It's not quite the same for IS, but you could probably get some ideas from that.

Quote:
"Orimura Ichika...don't you understand?"

"Haah?"

"That kindness is the most cruel thing a man can do to a woman." ""

"I don't really understand what you're trying to say..."

"Of course you don't." Although her voice sounded cool and confident as always, <Ren> sunk her trembling hands in her pockets. "If you did, if you ever understood everything the first time--things would have been different..."
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 04:03   Link #2042
Eratas123

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
...You know, maybe you should read Dune---there's some description as to why people in that universe still use swords and knives---mainly because personal shields protect against most firearms. It's not quite the same for IS, but you could probably get some ideas from that.
Do you mind if I use/mention <Ren> in my fanfic? I'm currently writing chapter 4 and I'd like to know if I can.
Eratas123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 04:13   Link #2043
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
Do you mind if I use/mention <Ren> in my fanfic? I'm currently writing chapter 4 and I'd like to know if I can.
- Depends. Where is she going to be used?

At risk of spoiling things, <Ren>'s story happens between the end of Vol.3 and the start of Vol.5 EG once Tatenashi appears on the scene, she won't be guarding Ichika anymore.

...though reading ZerXSeed's story makes me wonder what would happen to the <Ren> of that alternate universe...(Shudders)

Anyway, I have at least two more chapters to write about <Ren> that will hopefully explain her character a bit better. I won't post it to FF.net until all three chapters are done, because I'll have to revise the current chapters and fix inconsistencies as they progress.
Old 2011-10-02, 04:18   Link #2044
Eratas123

Quote:
- Depends. Where is she going to be used?

At risk of spoiling things, <Ren>'s story happens between the end of Vol.3 and the start of Vol.5 EG once Tatenashi appears on the scene, she won't be guarding Ichika anymore.
I plan to use the Dunoa corporation as an antagonist for both Ichika's and Irish segments, need to know if I can use her since she'd be pretty interested in saving Ichika if that was the case

My story starts at the end of volume 1 and diverges from there, canon events still happen but mixing the events of both Kyuukai and Irish in which will expand more on them.
Old 2011-10-02, 04:22   Link #2045
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Then I might have to ask you to check with me when adding her--since you guys are unfamiliar with the Arashikage ninja clan (and their protrayals in various series of G.I.Joe differ greatly). Plus, <Ren>'s own secrets.
Old 2011-10-02, 04:26   Link #2046
Eratas123

Quote:
Then I might have to ask you to check with me when adding her--since you guys are unfamiliar with the Arashikage ninja clan (and their protrayals in various series of G.I.Joe differ greatly). Plus, <Ren>'s own secrets.
Don't worry The point of view when she's around will stay with either Irish (Ichika rescue arc) or Ichika himself (The rest of the time) so her secrets wont be compromised You can't read the others minds in first person view
Old 2011-10-02, 05:15   Link #2047
DarkJak2050

Alright, Ch. 2 of Project Silverback is up.

Project Silverback Ch. 2

Goddamn it... [Crashes on bed, face first]
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 05:21   Link #2048
Eratas123

Congratulations! I'll read it after a while...writing chapter 4 right now.

EDIT: Chapter 4 prologue:

Spoiler:

Prologue of chapter 1, anybody please read and say what you think.

Last edited by Eratas123; 2011-10-02 at 06:09.
Old 2011-10-02, 06:08   Link #2049
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Damn it still struck at chapter 9
Decided to have a two rounder match at the very least
1. Yamada-sensei vs Rin & Cecil (short)
2. Yamada-sensei vs Ichika & Char (long)

Ichika & Char, while has no experience working together, last longer cause they trust each other and paid attention to their teammates.
Old 2011-10-02, 06:18   Link #2050
Eratas123

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Damn it still struck at chapter 9
Decided to have a two rounder match at the very least
1. Yamada-sensei vs Rin & Cecil (short)
2. Yamada-sensei vs Ichika & Char (long)

Ichika & Char, while has no experience working together, last longer cause they trust each other and paid attention to their teammates.
Can you make the fight with Cecilia and Rin longer? It's kind of annoying that these two are the designated butt monkeys when they wanna show how strong someone is, they are representative candidates so they should last longer

BTW- Just thought of a new draft thanks to agetreme's help, will post it later so can you please read and review if you're not too busy?
Old 2011-10-02, 06:18   Link #2051
HasuMasu
*Artist

Another small part of my fic's latest chapter,
still working on it, feedback would help at
this point so I can make the necessary changes.

Spoiler for Phase 4:

Well, I guess I should say, even though this
is my self-insert challenge entry fic, unlike
the past chapters, this isn't written in my POV,
rather, from here on out it will be in Rin's POV
most of the time, the first 3 chapters you could
consider a prologue I guess, since this is where
the real story starts.

Btw, Chapter 4 is narrated by Rin years after the
story happened, hence why she sounds a bit more
mature than usual.
Old 2011-10-02, 06:33   Link #2052
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
Can you make the fight with Cecilia and Rin longer? It's kind of annoying that these two are the designated butt monkeys when they wanna show how strong someone is, they are representative candidates so they should last longer
I'll safe it for them vs Laura, basically, they Took a level in teamwork after the beatdown by Yamada-sensei.

As I said before, Rin and Cecil isn't weak, they're just too stubborn to work together.

Anyway, when I said physical, it's not really a slab of blunt iron, but a high frequency sword that generates a field of plasma due to the friction with air (hence their glowing orange appearance). If you can count the damage delivered it's like:
Spoiler for Lol:

Beam Saber is more effective at sapping shield, HF sword however has the advantage that it has better attribute as defense tool and parrying weapon (Since it has reasonable mass), you can say knockback effect.

Last edited by ZeroXSEED; 2011-10-02 at 07:03.
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 07:07   Link #2053
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Read ch1-8 of Blits' Sacred Twins fic.

...damn you Blitz, if I write another <Ren> fic and it turns out to exist in your reality, I swear I will have to kill you.
Old 2011-10-02, 07:12   Link #2054
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Read ch1-8 of Blits' Sacred Twins fic.

...damn you Blitz, if I write another <Ren> fic and it turns out to exist in your reality, I swear I will have to kill you.
Zero: "I'M NOT GOING TO LET MY CO-WRITER DIE!!! OOONORE WAVEHAAAWWWKKK!!!"
*Deploying Sentries around Blitz' house using orbital launcher*

Seriously though...why?
Old 2011-10-02, 07:20   Link #2055
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Because me writing a fanfic based on another writer's fanfic has only happened ONCE before...needless to say it was VERY well liked, to my surprise:
http://wavehawk.weebly.com/fan-work.html file: Illomk.zip

Thing is, I'm not even finished with <Ren> in her regular story yet, and now I have to deal with ideas...I blame Gundam Evolve #8 for this, dammit.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzrifKdrEss
Watch that. Now replace the Ginns with Drone IS and the Strike Gundam with <Ren>-chan and you'll see what I mean.

"But <Ren> can't pilot an IS, right?
Right. She won't be in an IS.
"Oh crap..."
Old 2011-10-02, 07:27   Link #2056
Eratas123

@ Box- Good so far! Mature Rin is definitely better than Yandere jelly Rin Keep up The good work.

@ZeroXSEED- Draft I just thought of and cost nearly all my sanity to complete. Mood whiplash and Ho-Yay trope activated.

Spoiler:

*Pukes on the floor* Please read and review! *Faints*
Old 2011-10-02, 07:28   Link #2057
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Because me writing a fanfic based on another writer's fanfic has only happened ONCE before...needless to say it was VERY well liked, to my surprise:
http://wavehawk.weebly.com/fan-work.html file: Illomk.zip

Thing is, I'm not even finished with <Ren> in her regular story yet, and now I have to deal with ideas...I blame Gundam Evolve #8 for this, dammit.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzrifKdrEss
Watch that. Now replace the Ginns with Drone IS and the Strike Gundam with <Ren>-chan and you'll see what I mean.

"But <Ren> can't pilot an IS, right?
Right. She won't be in an IS.
"Oh crap..."
Umm, I downloaded it and let's say my brains is fried by the sheer complexity of story....is that crossover or...something?

@ Eratas:

urp-BLAAAAARGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2011-10-02, 07:33   Link #2058
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Umm, I downloaded it and let's say my brains is fried by the sheer complexity of story....is that crossover or...something?
- Sort of. The original basis for the fanfic is "Illusions", a long-runnign fanfic by Fred Herriot bealing with Bubblgum Crisis (Mainly), but throwing in stuff from Urusei Yatsura, Ranma 1/2, all the way up to Tokimeki Memorial and Sentimental Graffitti galgames. I tried as much as possible to make it accessible without confusing the new reader too much, but...well, it is pretty convoluted since the Illusions fic series has been going around since the early 90's....

I ended up collaborating with Fred on "Silent Storm", and some other guys who read it said they loved how I made my fic a Reconstruction of Cyberpunk--which is weird, because I wrote it while heavily inspired by Rainbow Six and Metal Gear Solid. IMHO it's not too bad, it's one of my favorites in terms of writing thriller/future fantasy...
Old 2011-10-02, 07:33   Link #2059
HasuMasu
*Artist

PHASE 4: Happy Ending

See? I told you I'd be updating
more often from now on, well
at least I hope it can continue
like this, I certainly don't want
to repeat the 1 month gap
between Chapter 1 and 2.
Old 2011-10-02, 07:48   Link #2060
Eratas123

@ZeroXSEED-
1. Is my grammar that bad? >_< I thought for sure it was okay. *Sulks in corner*
2. Are you still writing the author fic?

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest