AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2015-02-15, 10:12   Link #21
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Anyone what year does Index start (including Railgun)? Haven't found any info on it.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-15, 10:19   Link #22
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

It was never disclosed.

But given that the book first came out roughly 10 years ago, it was probably written with that in mind.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-15, 18:46   Link #23
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Ah thanks then.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2015-03-01, 14:31   Link #24
CataclysmicExplosion

Daihasei Festival Arc Question

So this might be nitpicking, but I'm curious as to why they did not mention how St. Peter was actually crucified in the anime?

I'm asking, because recently I've been watching A certain magical index II with a friend and he had to explain why story of St. Peter was important. According to Wikipedia (Yes, I know I'm using Wikipedia as a source), when he was crucified, he requested to be crucified upside down, since he saw himself unworthy to be crucified in the same way as Jesus Christ. This reflects pretty closely to what my friend said about the story (He's raised christian)

Was this something that was mentioned in the light novels...? Or did they not want to offend people who were watching the show?
CataclysmicExplosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-03, 03:02   Link #25
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Sorry for the late reply, I don't check in as often anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CataclysmicExplosion View Post
So this might be nitpicking, but I'm curious as to why they did not mention how St. Peter was actually crucified in the anime?

I'm asking, because recently I've been watching A certain magical index II with a friend and he had to explain why story of St. Peter was important. According to Wikipedia (Yes, I know I'm using Wikipedia as a source), when he was crucified, he requested to be crucified upside down, since he saw himself unworthy to be crucified in the same way as Jesus Christ. This reflects pretty closely to what my friend said about the story (He's raised christian)

Was this something that was mentioned in the light novels...? Or did they not want to offend people who were watching the show?
The Japanese don't really care that much about religion political correctness, otherwise this series wouldn't even exist in it's current form. The most obvious reasons is that they don't have the luxury of the book to go on and on with expositions due to time restrains so they have to cut it short.

And yes they went into full exposition about the St. Peter's Cross story in the LN, though I don't have the details right now.
Old 2015-03-06, 05:51   Link #26
Fizix
Nitpicking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
Anyone what year does Index start (including Railgun)? Haven't found any info on it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
It was never disclosed.

But given that the book first came out roughly 10 years ago, it was probably written with that in mind.
Well, I think its safe to assume that it's several decades in the future. It does give some indications as to roughly how far ahead it might be, like how many ethnic minority presidents there have been.

So 2004 + 30~50 years would probably be a reasonable estimate if you wanted to give it a period in time?
Fizix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-24, 09:23   Link #27
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Thanks.

Listening to the OSTs is a blast. Although I'm double checking on a particular soundtrack during the confrontation between Kuroko and Awaki in the second season. Need a hand here, especially to those who have access to the second season OSTs.

Old 2015-04-28, 22:52   Link #28
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Bumping this up, but I do want to double check if I'm thinking wrong here, I'm assuming that AC has no diplomatic buildings in place?

Old 2015-04-29, 14:52   Link #29
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
Bumping this up, but I do want to double check if I'm thinking wrong here, I'm assuming that AC has no diplomatic buildings in place?
District 1 - Where most of the city's administration is located.
District 3 - Accommodations for authorized outsiders (which also includes hotels, private pools, etc.)
Old 2015-04-29, 19:35   Link #30
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Thanks, Chaos. I kinda know that. But since that happens to be the case, then I surmise that the city has no foreign embassies.

Tags
q&a