Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2005-12-30, 22:31   Link #1
technomewmew

Talking Please Give Me Some Suggestions

Hello.

I am looking for an anime (liscensed or unliscensed, I am willing to purchase if they are not available on fansub, so either is fine) that is in a more "recent style", has several main characters (at least one girl main character), does not have witches, does not have demons, does not have reincarnation, and has at least 12 or 13 episodes. (No ecchi please)

I wonder if I am being too picky...

In general, I have been watching magical girl anime and mysteries, but I also like romance, action, and adventure. I suppose within the limits above, I am pretty open to anything.

I've looked into a lot of the mystery anime and I guess I am looking for something in that genre that will surpass Detective Academy Q. To give you more of an idea about my likes and dislikes, I thought that was as close to flawless as an anime can get. I liked the characters, I found that I liked every single one. I also liked their cases and being able to solve mysteries with the characters. (So, I suppose if a mystery is suggested, I want to be able to see the clues with the characters.)

As far as my Magical Girl likes and Dislikes, I love the romance aspect of them. And the different battles, outfits, their personalities and such.

Here are the anime that I really like:

Tokyo Mew Mew
Full Moon Wo Sagashite
Prétear
Detective Academy Q
Pretty Cure
Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch

Here are the ones that I thought were just ok or simply tolerable:

Magical Nyan Nyan Taruto - Not much action there, but it was cute enough
Princess Tutu - The story kept going and going when in my opinion, it should have ended sooner
Great Detectives Poirot and Marple - Can't always see what the detective is looking at, so I can't always solve the case with him.
Cat's Eye
Honey and Clover
Chobits - I really liked the story, but it was slightly too perverted for my liking
Gunslinger Girl

Here are the ones I hated: (And why I thought so)

St. Luminous (Well, I liked the story line if you don't count the last 2 or 3 episodes)
Noir
Pokemon - Little monsters that fight each other don't interest me
Digimon - same as Pokemon
Cardcaptor Sakura
Sailor Moon - My reasoning leads to spoilers

So, do you have any suggestions? I hope I've given enough of an idea of the kinds of anime I like.

Thank you!

(If I am being too picky, then something close to those above would be welcome too!)
Old 2005-12-30, 22:38   Link #2
technomewmew

Thought

As I think about it, I would like to remove Noir and Gunslinger Girl from my list. Besides the fact that they are slightly contradicting to what I wrote above, I don't think I have seen enough of those episodes to properly judge my feelings about them.
Old 2005-12-31, 00:39   Link #3
jedinat

You've got some... interesting tastes.

Ultra Maniac TV - Comedy/Romance/School anime. The main character is actually the mahou shoujo's friend

Chikyuu Shoujo Arjuna - thought provoking mahou shoujo anime, very preachy. I thought it was OK

D.N. Angel - Romance/School/Thief anime (heh..)

Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne - Sorta similar plot to DNAngel, the main char is a mahou shoujo this time though... also has some romance

Edit:
Sorry, but those last two might have some reincarnation elements. I don't think its a big issue, though (And I'm not sure why you would put that as a filter anyways... lol)

Last edited by jedinat; 2005-12-31 at 15:24.
Old 2005-12-31, 09:32   Link #4
technomewmew

thanks

Thanks. I'll look those up
Old 2005-12-31, 14:05   Link #5
MamoruUsagi

I love the series Sailor Moon.

Sailor Moon is my favorite series. The manga is wonderful, the anime is wonderful. The Japanese version is the best. The manga is very different from the anime, so if you want, you should check it out, it's very different. Well, plus I've been a fan since 1995 and I love Tuxedo Mask. The anime's 200 episodes, the manga's 18 volumes. It's a great series, but I respect all opinions. Still, you should try the manga, it's very different from the anime.
The anime's my favorite (Japanese version), the live action version's great, the manga is wonderful and very different from the anime, so you might want to try it sometime. I respect all opinions, thought.

Fushigi Yuugi is a great series. The manga version is better. It's great and has really great romance. Great romance, adventure, love.

Fushigi Yugi is a great series. The manga version is better. It's great and has really great romance. Great romance, adventure, love.

Wild Act is a great romance.

Ayashi no Ceres has the elements you mentioned, but if you ever want to get back into it, read the manga only. Do not watch the anime of this series, the manga is wonderful, the anime cuts everything out.

Kare First Love is a great romance.

The Devil Does Exist is an excellent romance,.

Mars is a mature romance.

Akuma de Sourou is a great romance.

High School Debut is a great romance.

Bokura ga Ita is a realistic romance.

Happy Hustle High is a sweet romance.

Kare Kano is an emotional romance.

Ultra Cute is a sweet romance.

Paradise Kiss is a great romance.

Absolute Boyfriend is a great manga.

Black Bird is a good romance.

B.O.D.Y. is a good romance.

Kare First Love is a manga you might enjoy.

Ceres Celestial Legend is an excellent romance.

I love romance and love stories. ^_^ My boyfriend picks on me for it.

Last edited by MamoruUsagi; 2010-09-07 at 18:27.
Old 2005-12-31, 16:26   Link #6
technomewmew

wow

Wow. I haven't heard of most of those. Thanks!
Closed Thread