AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2011-06-25, 03:40   Link #681
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku View Post
UUGHHH i'm so pissed I missed out on getting the exclusive from ami ami u_u. I'm in the process of moving and forgot about pre-ordering! So pissed >.>
My pre-order was from Amazon so I didn't get any extras other than what was included...
boggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-25, 11:14   Link #682
Rikimtasu

Send a message via MSN to Rikimtasu
It gotta take even longer than Litter Buster to translate this:
Spoiler for MB!:
Old 2011-06-25, 11:59   Link #683
RedKey
天界の異端審問官

The script for Clannad was 1.5MB and Rewrite is 3MB? This. Is. Huge. With my current reading speed I think it can go two ways: either I drop it after a while in frustration, or I finish reading it and thus become proficient in Japanese I hope for the latter...
RedKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-25, 12:21   Link #684
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikimtasu View Post
It gotta take even longer than Litter Buster to translate this:
Spoiler for MB!:
What the heck?? That's... amazing and probably awesome. I remember when this was still in its early development stage and some of us thought it would be about the same length of Air because there were only 3-4 heroines announced. This project sure has come a long way.

Edit: I think it's time to rewrite (tee hee ) the thread title, because Rewrite is now the "most recent" Key game rather than the next.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-25, 17:40   Link #685
InternHertz
.lone.....

My god, Yoshino's song is so bad yet sooooo good I love it!

Someone uploaded it on youtube, I'll spoiler-tag it to be sure even though there's nothing spoilerish with it.

Spoiler for yoshino's song:
InternHertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-25, 18:30   Link #686
myopius

I'm thrilled to hear that info about the length. TLWiki's VN/eroge script sizes page also just got updated. Based on that Rewrite is about the same number of lines as Clannad, but the average line length is about 12% greater, making it apparently slightly larger than Little Busters EX.
myopius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-25, 19:03   Link #687
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Ahhhh, it's gonna take forever.

And even longer to get an anime adaptation; I'd rather prefer anime since I'm not a VN person.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-26, 02:05   Link #688
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

If a translation of this ever starts, it should be done a fair bit quicker than one might expect, given the content; Little Busters has only taken so long due to lack of interest.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-26, 05:10   Link #689
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
If a translation of this ever starts, it should be done a fair bit quicker than one might expect, given the content; Little Busters has only taken so long due to lack of interest.
Really? Little Busters had a lack of interest? I never noticed that! It was one of the most hyped VN in the year it came out! (then again I didn't really pay attention to the English-speaking fandom of VN lol )
Old 2011-06-26, 05:22   Link #690
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

If I ever decide to get a copy of this, I may make it my next attempt after Umineko. Maybe.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-26, 06:58   Link #691
VDZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
Really? Little Busters had a lack of interest? I never noticed that! It was one of the most hyped VN in the year it came out! (then again I didn't really pay attention to the English-speaking fandom of VN lol )
Translated trial was released July 30th, 2008, no idea when that translation started. After that, the translators didn't do anything for six full months, and then started translating again. By November 4th, 2009, they'd translated Rin1 and common route (~52%). April 24th, 2010 the Kurugaya patch was released. Then, it took until October 21st, 2010 to translate Komari route. Mio route came in on December 17th, followed by Haruka and Kud routes on May 13th, 2011. Refrain is currently still in translation.

The entire process consisted of alternating periods of nothing being done and consistent progress. All in all, the translation could've been faster if the translators were more active (not blaming them, it's quite awesome they're doing it in the first place - just pointing out that the time it took was because of the lack of activity, and a more active team could translate the same amount of text faster).
VDZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-26, 08:53   Link #692
Rikimtasu

Send a message via MSN to Rikimtasu
In case you want to copy to other pc:
Spoiler for regedit:

AGTH-ing...
Old 2011-06-26, 15:32   Link #693
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Quote:
Originally Posted by boggart View Post
My pre-order was from Amazon so I didn't get any extras other than what was included...
Amazon jp? Did u have to got through 2nd party? Not like it would get here fast enough !#$%ing canada post...
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-27, 17:58   Link #694
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Currently done with Chihaya's route (was planning to do Chihaya => Akane => Shizuru => Kotori => Lucia, but since you have to do kotori before Shizuru, I will have to swap both).
My initial impressions are currently positive, not as much as I would expect, but still better than the impressions of LB regular routes.

That being said, I must say I'm quite disappointed in term of the production value here, as Key was a tad stingy with this special project:
I know it is a common trend with VN, but Kotarou being not voiced is a huge issue in term of immersion whatsoever. He is probably the protagonist among all key games with the most excentric personality, yet not voiced (I don't buy the "player being able to identify themselves with the protagonist" excuse for ages, and it certainly won't work here).
That is to say, random high schoolers, punks etc being not voiced is also an issue on the long run, especially during the common route, where it occurs quite often that we get only nameless grunt and Kotarou "speaking", leaving a huge silence gap as result... (and for some reason, people like the camera guy or Inoue being voiced are the exceptions).

The other production issues I've noticed here are... the BG and CG.
The BG are basically not smooth at all: of course, they are more detailed than say LB, but the impression from them is pretty rough (and the large base resolution of the game doesn't help). You can actually discern the 3D modelisation far easier than previous Key works for some reason. And they are quite empty to boot (for instance, they went back to empty classrooms, despite they were at least "filled" in clannad and LB).

Meanwhile, I have no major problem with Inoue art, and it is more consistent than before (except maybe most of Chihaya's sprites), but while reading Chihaya's route, I felt that route (and probably the other ones) needed much more CG to describe the events exposed by Kotarou. In a way, the narration wasn't really complimented that much, due to the very scarce number of CG, leaving some sort of weird impressions (the very last portion of the route with Philosophyz playing is the most evident issue).

I can see they made a lot of efforts with the special effects (Kotarou VS Yoshino, and the ESP moments being the prime example of it), but on the other way around, they neglected quite a lot in term of BG and CG, which is such a pity, since these are much more predominent than the special effects, obviously (at least, Aurora effects weren't cheap looking).

That's as far as I would say regarding the production value for now.

Regarding the storytelling so far, it is definitely different from previous key stuff, but the structure is still recognizable.
The genre shift is much less brutal than I would expect for now, so I can't say I have any complaint about that.
That being said, the common route was really long... perhaps a tad too long to be honest: I have no idea if it is because they didn't fill the "action less" portions with too few humor or so, but sometimes, I felt that really "nothing was going on", several times. Nothing really that major, but whereas it was sort of eventful with Clannad or LB common route, Rewrite common route pacing was a bit bipolar (sequences between fun time / creepy, mystery were bit bland), but that lack of balance is fine, especially it gives a huge contrast when Kotarou is facing abnormalities.

As for something more in depth:
Spoiler for Chihaya's route:

Overal, Chihaya's route was a bit convulated with few interactions, but was surprisingly intense, especially during its last third portion, which certainly lives up with the exceptions from the second opening.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2011-06-27 at 18:18.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-27, 21:37   Link #695
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
I'm quite shocked that Kotarou isn't voiced! I thought after LB they would have all the male leads voiced >.>. Super annoying....almost makes me wonder if I should wait for some PS3 release with all voices.

I can't wait to hear how the routes rank!
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-27, 22:06   Link #696
kyosak
poo

for some reason you can sample his voice in the sound config menu
maybe he will be partially voiced later on, like how Riki got voiced for some parts of refrain
kyosak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-28, 00:04   Link #697
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Meanwhile, I have no major problem with Inoue art, and it is more consistent than before (except maybe most of Chihaya's sprites), but while reading Chihaya's route, I felt that route (and probably the other ones) needed much more CG to describe the events exposed by Kotarou. In a way, the narration wasn't really complimented that much, due to the very scarce number of CG, leaving some sort of weird impressions (the very last portion of the route with Philosophyz playing is the most evident issue).
Oh of course. I haven't played Rewrite yet (and I won't in a while due to not knowing Japanese), but one pet peeve I've always had with Key's VNs is that they are always skimpy on event CGs. There were so many moments I've read in their VNs that I felt could have been expressed visually: for example Tomoya and Mei's 'date' in Clannad, or Yumemi tripping and falling in Planetarian, not to mention all the great dramatic moments that failed to be illustrated.

I think it's best said that Key should be appreciated for their writing and their music, not their art.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-28, 07:10   Link #698
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyosak View Post
maybe he will be partially voiced later on, like how Riki got voiced for some parts of refrain
I was going to mention that too. Rather strange.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku View Post
Amazon jp? Did u have to got through 2nd party? Not like it would get here fast enough !#$%ing canada post...
Yeah I am waiting for JAA to send me a delivery invoice. In the meantime it's sitting in their warehouse.
boggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-28, 11:00   Link #699
Marina2

I will say that all ED songs are beautiful!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyosak View Post
Actually, all of his sentences have voice in the last "unlockable" content.

Spoiler for The last "unlockable" content:

Last edited by Marina2; 2011-06-28 at 11:17.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-28, 23:38   Link #700
NeruNeru

When I heard that Masakazu Morita (voice of Ichigo from Bleach, Tidus from FFX) was going to do Kotarou, I kind of assumed that only parts of it would be voiced. Getting a voice actor that famous to do that many lines seemed unreasonable to me. It would have been nice, but oh well.
NeruNeru is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, hinoue itaru, key, maeda jun, romeo tanaka, ryukishi07, visual novel