AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2012-12-30, 23:37   Link #6101
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Washington led the league in rushing this year.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-31, 00:17   Link #6102
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Congrats for The Redskins and Vikings making it into the playoffs, especially The Vikings. You know, ever since that loss SF had to Minnesota earlier this year, I keep associating PSY's "Gangnam Style" with the Vikings.

As for the season as a whole, I turned out to be roughly on the mark regarding The Eagles, Jets, Panthers, Bengals, Ravens, and Redskins. Especially the Redskins, I was right about how the presence of RGIII would raise their game. (I didn't foresee the emergence of such a potent ground game though) On the other hand, I was wrong about The Niners, Raiders (Though it was the defense, not Carson Palmer, that killed them, which I did predict), Bills, Cardinals, Seahawks, Vikings, Colts and Broncos.

Speaking a little more about the Raiders, it was another lost season, a bitter one at that. About the only consolation I can take is that I successfully predicted that Carson Palmer wouldn't suck donkey dick like thought he would and the emergence of a bunch of new weapons on offense. A few days ago, I found this showcasing the Seahawks rebuilding and the lessons it might provide for the Oakland Raiders. I found it interesting, though the Raiders are comparatively deeper in Cap Hell and lack enough picks in the draft than The Seahawks had the benefit of having (though The Raiders probably have more talent at this point than the Seahawks did at an equivalent point in their rebuilding.

Lastly, The NFC West (and first round bye) for The Niners disturbs me, especially as I come to realize more and more deeply that my interest in the Niners organization never really went deeper than Alex Smith.
FDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-31, 00:38   Link #6103
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
The smack talk from a team that ended their season so poorly is going to be fun. I can't wait.
Didn't we just win today? We're 3-1 in the last four games. So that doesn't really make sense.

You wanna kiss the NFC West crown bro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDW View Post
Lastly, The NFC West (and first round bye) for The Niners disturbs me, especially as I come to realize more and more deeply that my interest in the Niners organization never really went deeper than Alex Smith.
I thought you were a 49ers fan for a while? Don't tell me you started following the 49ers when Alex Smith came to the team...

And if he is the deepest your fandom goes with the organization...might want to find another team. His days are over as a 49er. We're moving on. Really, of all the 49ers to select...even during this era. Hmmm....weird.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。

Last edited by Samari; 2012-12-31 at 01:02.
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-31, 01:11   Link #6104
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Pretty drunk right now but the Redskins game was pretty good loved that they got the win Romo was there 12th man. But my Broncos got the 1st seed
Old 2012-12-31, 03:48   Link #6105
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

I really thought the Cowboys would surprise everyone. I was wrong. The upside is that the RG III head to head with Wilson is on. Should be fun.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-31, 10:04   Link #6106
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Was real fun watching the Vikings make it. When my Eagles are in the gutter I usually root for the Vikes since they're my dad's team. From watching them a lot over the years I've just kind of grown to like them, but I totally love Adrian Peterson.

The guy is an amazing runner and fun to watch and congrats to him on his amazing season. A shame that last big run wasn't enough for the record though, nine yards short. Such a stand up guy as well and a real hard worker, he deserves all the praise he is getting and should get MVP.

Being an Eagles fan it was also a small treat seeing the Cowboys not make it, again. Should be an interesting playoffs coming up.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-31, 10:50   Link #6107
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

A lot of coaches getting fired already i'm most surprised about Lovie Smith getting fired though.
Old 2012-12-31, 12:20   Link #6108
GDB

Yeah, so far the Bills, Bears, Chiefs, and Eagles fired their head coaches, the Jets and Jaguars fired their GM, and the Browns fired both. You know the Chargers are going to oust both, and the Jets are also likely to fire the offensive coach.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-31, 13:17   Link #6109
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

I hope to see the Bills clean house eventually but this is a nice starting point and the most important step.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-31, 17:30   Link #6110
ChainLegacy
廉頗

I wouldn't mind seeing Romeo Crennel make a return to New England in some capacity.

Also yeah I agree that's too bad about Adrian Peterson. The guy is a beast, and one could argue it's harder to rack up yards in the new pass heavy NFL of the past 5 years.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-31, 19:28   Link #6111
sky black swordman

So Coache's fired so far are:
  1. Philadelphia Eagles' Andy Reid
  2. Buffalo Bills' Chan Gailey
  3. Cleveland Browns' Pat Shurmur
  4. Chicago Bears' Lovie Smith
  5. Kansas City Chiefs' Romeo Crennel
  6. San Diego Chargers' Norv Turner
  7. Arizona Cardinals' Ken Whisenhunt
GM's fired so far :
  1. Cleveland Browns' GM Tom Heckert
  2. Jacksonville Jaguar's GM Gene Smith
  3. San Diego Charger's GM A.J. Smith
  4. Arizona Cardinal's GM Rod Graves
  5. New York Jet's GM Mike Tannenbaum
The Oakland Raiders fire:
  1. OC Greg Knapp (Thank god!)
  2. offensive line coach Frank Pollack
  3. linebackers coach Johnny Holland
  4. special teams coordinator Steve Hoffman
Old 2012-12-31, 20:40   Link #6112
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
I thought you were a 49ers fan for a while? Don't tell me you started following the 49ers when Alex Smith came to the team...

And if he is the deepest your fandom goes with the organization...might want to find another team. His days are over as a 49er. We're moving on. Really, of all the 49ers to select...even during this era. Hmmm....weird.
Actually, I started following The Niners before that, in 2002. Alex Smith just galvanized my attention to The Niners, especially because those were the days when they were such underdogs. As for whether or Alex is staying next year, I wouldn't put all my eggs in him leaving, as the Niners front office has plenty of cap available and has been prone to oddball decisions. And I already have another team I follow closely, The Oakland Raiders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
Knapp's firing is the best late birthday present ever! And the Raiders provide more evidence that they are going to draft Te'o after all.
Old 2012-12-31, 23:10   Link #6113
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Actually, I started following The Niners before that, in 2002. Alex Smith just galvanized my attention to The Niners, especially because those were the days when they were such underdogs. As for whether or Alex is staying next year, I wouldn't put all my eggs in him leaving, as the Niners front office has plenty of cap available and has been prone to oddball decisions. And I already have another team I follow closely, The Oakland Raiders.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-31, 23:36   Link #6114
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
So coaches fired so far are:
  1. Philadelphia Eagles' Andy Reid
  2. Buffalo Bills' Chan Gailey
  3. Cleveland Browns' Pat Shurmur
  4. Chicago Bears' Lovie Smith
  5. Kansas City Chiefs' Romeo Crennel
  6. San Diego Chargers' Norv Turner
  7. Arizona Cardinals' Ken Whisenhunt
Called all of those but 1 about a month or so ago. Chicago is the one I didn't and I am confused he is the only one being culled...he's not the only one responsible for their non-existent O-line. But yeah, 2 years in a row being in prime contention then missing the playoffs...can't have that with their team.

Quote:
GM's fired so far :
  1. Cleveland Browns' GM Tom Heckert
  2. Jacksonville Jaguar's GM Gene Smith
  3. San Diego Charger's GM A.J. Smith
  4. Arizona Cardinal's GM Rod Graves
  5. New York Jet's GM Mike Tannenbaum
I'd figured Jacksonville and NYJ to make some significant cullings, so this comes to pass. Rex Ryan will be given one final year it seems. HOWEVER....he may choose to walk if he feels next year is a lost cause. Really depends on what Woody Johnson is willing to do.

Quote:
And yeah, I really thought a cleanout of a major kind was needed in Oakland. Hopefully they make the right decisions.

Guess my two incorrect ones are Dallas and Tennessee. Although I still don't think Garrett is the person for the job. And Dallas did throw away the playoffs yet again...And maybe Jerry Jones might be sending out private communications and be sure he can get someone good before he gives Garrett marching orders, particularly since Sean Payton re-signed with Who Dat. As for Tennessee, getting the feeling Bud Adams might be aiming for a 2014 assault on the draft + free agency and is using Munchiak as a filler.

9 right, 2 wrong ain't bad.
Old 2012-12-31, 23:43   Link #6115
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Honestly, I don't think Jason Garrett is that bad a coach. I feel like it's nearly impossible to flourish when the owner is the GM and absolutely refuses to give the position up to someone more qualified. Jones even got to Bill Parcells, and he is as hard-nosed as they come.
Old 2013-01-01, 00:52   Link #6116
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
snip
I don't need to be reminded that The entire Raiders season was Razorcakes, thank you…

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
And yeah, I really thought a cleanout of a major kind was needed in Oakland. Hopefully they make the right decisions.
And there's a lot of disagreement over what exactly those decisions are going to be, depending on how much you know about The Raiders organization and where you think the biggest failures were. My opinion is that their Offensive players outside the O-Line are mostly fine as is (Though some contract restructuring might be in order) and they really get some leadership and inspiration on Defense (Hence my advocacy for signing Te'o). Most Raiders fans right either want or expect Reggie Mckenzie to trade down in the first round so as to secure an additional pick, but given that there are a lot of teams that want Te'o (Who I feel is the best pick The Raiders can make this year), I'm on the fence about it. OC is another area of argument: There's one faction of the fanbase that wants Al Saunders (The OC under Hue Jackson, who's still on the staff) as OC, there are others that saying one of the experienced fired HC's should be considered (Turner, Gailey, Whisenhunt). Needless to say, it'll be a very exciting offseason for The Raiders.
Old 2013-01-01, 13:22   Link #6117
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Another season gone for Dallas -_- the first half of the season was killer...stupid mistakes cost us the playoffs.

Watched the bit on NFL.com where they were talking about if it was time for Dallas to get rid of Romo. My answer? Not really...especially when we don't have anyone better coming in...I love how Akbar was talking about Dez Bryant being "hot fire" when he was practically non-existent in the early season because he kept dropping passes...if Dez played like he did in recent weeks in times when we needed it in the early season, we'd be in the playoffs easy, also having a healthy DeMarco Murray is nice to have.

Last edited by Mr. DJ; 2013-01-01 at 13:37.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-01, 17:07   Link #6118
sky black swordman

Quote:
And there's a lot of disagreement over what exactly those decisions are going to be, depending on how much you know about The Raiders organization and where you think the biggest failures were. My opinion is that their Offensive players outside the O-Line are mostly fine as is (Though some contract restructuring might be in order) and they really get some leadership and inspiration on Defense (Hence my advocacy for signing Te'o). Most Raiders fans right either want or expect Reggie Mckenzie to trade down in the first round so as to secure an additional pick, but given that there are a lot of teams that want Te'o (Who I feel is the best pick The Raiders can make this year), I'm on the fence about it. OC is another area of argument: There's one faction of the fanbase that wants Al Saunders (The OC under Hue Jackson, who's still on the staff) as OC, there are others that saying one of the experienced fired HC's should be considered (Turner, Gailey, Whisenhunt). Needless to say, it'll be a very exciting offseason for The Raiders.
I' m curious, what are some of the reasons why you are on the fence?
To honest I felt the Raiders should have kept Al Saundersas the OC.
Old 2013-01-01, 17:30   Link #6119
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
I' m curious, what are some of the reasons why you are on the fence?
To honest I felt the Raiders should have kept Al Saundersas the OC.
I said why in my answer, there a lot of other teams that want Te'o, and that he's probably the best player that The Raiders can draft. (In terms of what he can bring to the table. While he may not be the most athletic LB ever, his sheer ability to lead would do wonders for a defense (and for that matter, a team) that's severely lacking in it.) Te'o on his own won't fix The Raiders Defense, but his leadership abilities could help other players to perform better and bounce back from setbacks faster.

As for Al Saunders, I'm leaning towards bringing him as OC, though to be honest I'm fine with anyone that's not Greg Knapp.
Old 2013-01-02, 01:37   Link #6120
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Did anyone see that hit Jade Clowney (currently best player projected for 2014's draft) put on Vincent Smith in the South Carolina/Michigan bowl game? Holy crap.

Tags
american football, sports