AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

View Poll Results: Lucky Star - Episode 01 Rating
Perfect 10 15 12.20%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 19 15.45%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 33 26.83%
7 out of 10 : Good 24 19.51%
6 out of 10 : Average 11 8.94%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 3.25%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.63%
3 out of 10 : Bad 5 4.07%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 3 2.44%
1 out of 10 : Painful 7 5.69%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-08, 13:09   Link #41
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueUNSC86 View Post
i gave it painful because i basically couldnt tell what kind of anime it was all they did was talk for 10 min about food the rest of the show they talked about other random crap so ya this anime sorta disappoints me i want to watch it for FMP references but i dont think its possible if it keeps doing this each episode
Well... okay, fair enough. Not going to say anything except if you're watching purely for references from a specific series, you're going to be disappointed.

...Never watch ARIA, OK? XD
Old 2007-09-08, 20:16   Link #42
lenneal

Lucky star rocks i gave it a 9 thought i was cuz the talking about food part kinda thorw me off a little but the health examination and lucky channel was mad funny i was laughing like crazy!!! all in all i think it gunna bea great series =)
Old 2007-09-08, 23:00   Link #43
Rion Steiner

Glad you enjoyed it, but I hope you dont see this whole series only as a comedy. Its a fun anime full of entertaining characters random cameos and smart lines. Konata is a prophet isnt she.
Old 2007-09-09, 00:18   Link #44
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Zero Shinohara
Well, I have to agree that episode one was hard to go through, especially if you don't know anything about the series or didn't have it recommended to you by a friend or something of the like. It actually took me two weeks after seeing episode one to actually start watching the series, because I thought I wouldn't be able to stand it if half the episodes were a discussion of how to eat a bunch of foods I had never even heard of.

But surviving the first episode is probably the only trial you'll have to go through before becoming a L*S fan. :P And I second on the smart lines. The characters make it sound simple, but most quotes and references are very well crafted and carefully picked. Even if I'm a 24/7 otaku, I wouldn't be able to understand half the quotes in Lucky*Star if we didn't have the references topic and all.

Sometimes I look back and think to myself, "how the hell did I manage to screw this up?"
Old 2007-09-09, 12:57   Link #45
Samatarou
Son of God
*Artist

At least with Lucky☆Star, if you don't like the episode you can just watch the OP for 24 minutes instead, there's not many series you can say that about, Higurashi maybe.

I like well observed slice-of-life so I enjoyed the food talk etc, it introduced us to the dynamics between Kona-chan and Tsukasa, Konachan is always sure she's right whilst Tsukasa tends to back off in the face of contrary opinions.
Spoiler for later episodes:

Close this thread, Open the nexT
Old 2007-09-12, 13:56   Link #46
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Quote:
i gave it painful because i basically couldnt tell what kind of anime it was all they did was talk for 10 min about food the rest of the show they talked about other random crap so ya this anime sorta disappoints me i want to watch it for FMP references but i dont think its possible if it keeps doing this each episode
Just keep watching..... you'll eventually love it. We all hated the first EP, but it just grows on you. BTW, punctuation is your friend.
Old 2007-09-13, 06:06   Link #47
Skane
Anime Snark

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVPlaya View Post
Just keep watching..... you'll eventually love it. We all hated the first EP, but it just grows on you. BTW, punctuation is your friend.
OBJECTION!

Not ALL of us "hated" the first episode. Some of us actually LIKE the first episode very much.

Cheers.
Old 2007-09-13, 10:11   Link #48
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Agree with Skane here... ep 1 is one of my favorites because it was an excellent adaptation of the manga rather than an injected mess of reference intrusions.

People who buy the manga after watching the series are likely to be unhappy if they were buying it thinking they were going to get a load of Haruhi, FMP, Animetenchou, or even Lucky Channel. The manga reads more like a japanese version of Peanuts or Zits and is more a descendent of Azumanga Daioh... if you want references, I suggest Paniponi Dash where you can almost get a degree in Asian Studies from watching it.

(after viewing the entire series, I'm mixed but mostly okay with the anime-only injections -- but I'm damn glad this "reference injection" was less popular or not part of the Azumanga Daioh adaptation)
Old 2007-09-13, 13:53   Link #49
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Apologies apologies.. yes not all of us hated... I know I didn't really hated it too.. I meant SOME of us really hated it AT FIRST. After 23 EPs, I really like it now!

Vexx-dono, that's why even though I have the manga I didn't want to read it until AFTER the anime's over. I know I have a pro-manga streak and won't help me enjoy the anime as it is... I'll read it while wishing for a second season...
Old 2007-09-14, 15:53   Link #50
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Wait like 6 episodes and you'll get your fill.
Old 2008-02-22, 20:42   Link #51
Dee Eon

Konata and Tsukasa's 1st Meeting: Bogus Story?

Hi All!

I haven't grabbed the mangas yet to find out for sure, but anyone who has please tell me, did Konata REALLY beat the tar out of a Arnold Schwarzengger look-alike about to molest Tsukasa or was that just another fantasy she whipped up again?? Also -- did the stars and stripes on the big guy's biceps mean something subtle in that scene (knowing KyotoAnimation), like big brute U.S.A. (Arnold) about to get over on "poor innocent defenseless" Japan (Tsukasa)??

Dee
Old 2008-04-20, 03:46   Link #52
TehSanity
Lurker

1st reaction- Okay... seems weird. Might as well keep watching. Great OP though.
2nd reaction (watching the entire series a second time)- Ah, I get it. Randomness FTW.
Old 2008-07-26, 16:41   Link #53
CinemaZebra
Okinawan Pirate

I thought this show was very boring until after the first few episodes, and almost gave up on it, but then they introduced new characters about 2/3 through the series and I began to like it very much. Looking back on the first episode I kinda like it now, so I'm not sure what to rate it. :P
Old 2008-07-28, 11:46   Link #54
Amray

The Director of Lucky Star changed after the first four episodes. After they were not bringing in enough viewers they had no choice but to do so. Eventually the anime got more popular and popular as it progressed and now is extremely loved world-wide. But I am an easy audience so I found something to love in all the episodes.

Episode 1 was okay. There was a lot of cooking hints in it I'll give it that. I also liked the part where Kagami was ill and Miyuki told her that Konata acting so cheery and silly was her way of showing that she cared. It was really cute.
Closed Thread