AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise

Notices

Old 2013-05-13, 16:27   Link #1021
stardrago

You know, I was thinking of a story when Shirogane loops one more time but involves multiple crossovers; like when his mind was returning to his other selves from different parallel Earth's an ultra-link (from Max Steel series of 2013) responded and went to him and linked with him and when he returned he would of been able to generate TURBO (Tachyon Unlimited Radiant Bio-Optimized) energy as well as able to gain a bodysuit which resembles Riser Shirogane from the live-action show GenSeiShin Justirisers. Also for a Turbo mode he would be able to form the Solid armor suit Orgun from that 3-part OVA Detonator Orgun and with the help of the ultra-link when he puts it on the controls of a TSF it will modify it.
stardrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-14, 01:42   Link #1022
maxxus0923
Fairy Legion

Quote:
Takatsukasa Kyoko PoV, Late January 1998, Japan Continental Expeditionary Force, Pyongyang, Korean Peninsula. (Melodies of a Battle)

Korean Peninsula has always
Damn... im lacking ideas! someone help me with the idea for the Korean peninsula!!!

I'm suppose to post this last week but i'm severely lacking Ideas for this battle!!!

i'm planning to live test a tsf (Type-94 8-X Shiranui Mikazuchi which is technically a Takemi in a shiranui frame with 4 mount pylons) in this scenario... though since i dont have any datas about what really happened in korean peninsula except on what happened to Ayamine's father.

can sm1 gve me an Idea of what you think that I could put in here... i have alot of Ideas but all of it seems unfeasible atm.
maxxus0923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-14, 19:47   Link #1023
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

... Guys, let's try and keep the TSF lower key. These are combined arms assets, not solo wtfpwn fighters. The only person who gets that pass is Mobius One, and none of our OCs or Takeru is Mobius One.

Besides, the Takemi in a Shiranui frame would likely be the Niigata.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-14, 22:43   Link #1024
maxxus0923
Fairy Legion

oh come on! i love pwning betas one after another unless you like the idea of a foot soldier killing destroyer class up front and personal
Old 2013-05-14, 23:04   Link #1025
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

I'm the more down to earth kinda guy. Muv-Luv isn't a setting where you can wtfpwn BETA.

...well, alright, we'll make an exception for Muv-Luv Combat 04's Mobius One. But that's because he's Mobius goddamned motherfucking One.

In all seriousness, a serious Muv-Luv story (what what I'm writing) just doesn't have the tech base to singly wtfpwn BETA. It's just not possible. Fighting BETA is a combined arms approach; you don't drop in a single hero unit to slaughter the BETA. Sandek's trying to do that in-universe, but even so it's not a workable options. (The BETA were eventually taken out by that squadron of Bones, not the Scarlet Twins.)

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-15, 01:43   Link #1026
Dragonkid11
A random-man

You know what's the worst thing about uber Hero unit?

When he failed to do the objective,you can't really support him because if the Hero unit is THAT strong,it doesn't matter whether you have an army or not unless you bring the biggest gun in the entire solar system that deserve a Holy Shit Quotient on its own.
Dragonkid11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-15, 02:15   Link #1027
maxxus0923
Fairy Legion

well that makes sense... I'll consider that...

anyways... do you have any ideas what you can do on korean peninsula(pyongyang) late january 1998

EDIT

I'm including Takatsukasa Kyoko(Or Takatsukasa Ryoko, her younger OC sister) in this scene
Old 2013-05-15, 03:37   Link #1028
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
I'm the more down to earth kinda guy. Muv-Luv isn't a setting where you can wtfpwn BETA.
- Excepting the Ayu-Mayu segments, of course.

Seriously, it depends on how you write the story. EG can you make this weapon of mass BETA destruction sound plausible and believable (and enjoyable)? Or is this going to be another fanfic power trip? I'm facing that problem right now with my fic--I need to draw a balance between showing how much of an effect this has on the BETA without making it seem like I pulled it out of my rear end somewhere...
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-15, 04:49   Link #1029
maxxus0923
Fairy Legion

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
- Excepting the Ayu-Mayu segments, of course.

Seriously, it depends on how you write the story. EG can you make this weapon of mass BETA destruction sound plausible and believable (and enjoyable)? Or is this going to be another fanfic power trip? I'm facing that problem right now with my fic--I need to draw a balance between showing how much of an effect this has on the BETA without making it seem like I pulled it out of my rear end somewhere...
not really... just a prototype shiranui... not really that much... the pilot is a different case though
Old 2013-05-15, 06:41   Link #1030
Dragonkid11
A random-man

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxxus0923 View Post
not really... just a prototype shiranui... not really that much... the pilot is a different case though
You could say that it's a Pseudo-Takemi Shiranui prototype variant before the real deal is being made.

What about the pilot?Is he/she a total noob or a rabid dog?
Old 2013-05-15, 07:50   Link #1031
issuzark
Resident yoyoer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
... Guys, let's try and keep the TSF lower key. These are combined arms assets, not solo wtfpwn fighters. The only person who gets that pass is Mobius One, and none of our OCs or Takeru is Mobius One.

Besides, the Takemi in a Shiranui frame would likely be the Niigata.
Moebius One/Warwolf One in CFA-44 TSF fanfic when?

柚香マイワイフ!<3
issuzark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-15, 07:51   Link #1032
maxxus0923
Fairy Legion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonkid11 View Post
You could say that it's a Pseudo-Takemi Shiranui prototype variant before the real deal is being made.

What about the pilot?Is he/she a total noob or a rabid dog?
nah... you cant make him react least if its his favorite food or his interest... much like yuuko but doesnt really talk as in he wont talk unless you got his interest...

as for being in military he has a LOT(with capitalization as the amount that he has is put on a very light manner) of experience even though he is 13(all of the characters will assume he is very young and because of that he got the nick 'The Unmatched Child Monster of East').

For piloting, hero level. A child soldier worth of 1000 eishis... The Untouchable Storm, the Unmatched Child Monster of the East.

I dont know why I made him 13(maybe because of some shotacon... the hidden heroine)
Old 2013-05-15, 08:14   Link #1033
Dragonkid11
A random-man

Quote:
nah... you cant make him react least if its his favorite food or his interest... much like yuuko but doesnt really talk as in he wont talk unless you got his interest...

as for being in military he has a LOT(with capitalization as the amount that he has is put on a very light manner) of experience even though he is 13(all of the characters will assume he is very young and because of that he got the nick 'The Unmatched Child Monster of East').

For piloting, hero level. A child soldier worth of 1000 eishis... The Untouchable Storm, the Unmatched Child Monster of the East.

I dont know why I made him 13(maybe because of some shotacon... the hidden heroine)
Strange mind think alike I guess...
Old 2013-05-15, 15:48   Link #1034
Alastor Mobius Toth
Idar Lead

I finished my exams, so...time to stop being lazy and actually write something.

Yaaaay.
I should get on those omake chapters nao.

And I feel like I should say something about the whole power debate....but then I realized that the final villain of Comet series is capable of soloing entire Yokohama and punching Sumika in the face. While she's in XG-70.

...Then again, she's sort-of Anti-christ mixed with Jesus by the way of Fire Emblem's Avatar.

Yuuya, Cryska, Isumi, Hibiki and Ikaruga would come close though. As would Max, if he was still alive. There was a reason why Comets feared him more than Bishop.

Note to self: Kill more characters.
Alastor Mobius Toth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-15, 21:46   Link #1035
maxxus0923
Fairy Legion

How does a chainsword katana/nodachi sound?
Old 2013-05-16, 02:18   Link #1036
Dragonkid11
A random-man

Quote:
Extremely inefficient but it's so cool it's beyond awesome.
Old 2013-05-16, 03:30   Link #1037
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
How would it work, in the first place? The whole point of a Katana or other blades of similar design (Cavalry Sabers, Dao, scimatar) is that they're fast cutting weapons (thus the curvature of the blades). In effect, the 'cutting' power is as much the shape of the sword as it is the power behind it--curved blades (human-sized!) are usually better 'cutting' and 'slashing' swords---can't find the reference for that right now.

Thing is--a chainsword is essentially a chainsaw. It's not like a normal sword in that you draw and slice with it. In effect, it's more like using an electric turkey knife in combat--you don't have to put a lot of force in striking, as the sawteeth will start cutting with the lightest touch. Yes, you would still need speed and force to swing the weapon but it's the saw motor doing the cutting, not your brute strength.

You could probably make a curved-shape chainsword but given the weight and all the working parts---why? It'll still be the actual chainsaw edge and motors doing the cutting, not the speed of the sword itself.
Old 2013-05-16, 09:19   Link #1038
maxxus0923
Fairy Legion

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
How would it work, in the first place? The whole point of a Katana or other blades of similar design (Cavalry Sabers, Dao, scimatar) is that they're fast cutting weapons (thus the curvature of the blades). In effect, the 'cutting' power is as much the shape of the sword as it is the power behind it--curved blades (human-sized!) are usually better 'cutting' and 'slashing' swords---can't find the reference for that right now.

Thing is--a chainsword is essentially a chainsaw. It's not like a normal sword in that you draw and slice with it. In effect, it's more like using an electric turkey knife in combat--you don't have to put a lot of force in striking, as the sawteeth will start cutting with the lightest touch. Yes, you would still need speed and force to swing the weapon but it's the saw motor doing the cutting, not your brute strength.

You could probably make a curved-shape chainsword but given the weight and all the working parts---why? It'll still be the actual chainsaw edge and motors doing the cutting, not the speed of the sword itself.

Well i'm thinking of something like what had the knightmare frames of Black Knights had... specially Todou's 'Seidotou'. It has a thruster on the back of its blade and has a grappling wire on its pommel... now lets get the idea working...

First of all the speed of the sword will mostly rely on the TSF arms itself Electro active hydraulics/Electro active Polymers will mostly do the trick for it to be able to give the necessary slashing speed/strength/power at the same time allows more precise micro move managements or anything that requires precision, strength and power(ex. FCS and etc).

another thing is that the thrusters/verniers installed at the back of the blade will also give another boost in speed at the same time allows change of attack mid flight. No doubt you can do an Iai movement in this type of sword even in an ordinary tsf but an EAP/EAH equipped TSF would be preferable as it is much more precise and augments the slashing power of the katana.

Another reason why I liked the idea of this 'Revolving Break Sword' is that... well... I would like to deflect bullets... hahahaha!
Old 2013-05-18, 11:25   Link #1039
John117xCortana

New update for Paul's fic.

Takeru gets the Shiranui Second!

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7112821/74/
John117xCortana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 05:53   Link #1040
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Redid some parts of my fic. First half of this is similar to somethign I posted a month or three ago, but I've had to do some rewrites.

Now that TE is out and stuff has been confirmed/denied (Damn You Kooki, I was going to use the YF-23 in my story, and now you've shot 90% of my fic idea out of the water). I'll continue this with a different angle now, but I promise that it will not be boring.

As usual, first draft gets posted to Anisuki, but at the end I'll put the completed version onto fanfiction.net.

EDIT: Oh drek, I put in SPOILER instead of QUOTE tags!

Quote:
Burkhart had not been in the Hangar two minutes before her new guide met her halfway at the door. Crew Boss Jeong Min-jae seemed to be the opposite of Wilkes, warmly shaking her hand as he met her. The informality surprised Elle at first, until Min-jae advised that he was not a military man.

"They don't pay me enough." The Crew Boss chortled. "Not everyone here works for the UN or US Military brass. Feel free to be casual."

"Colonel Wilkes doesn't seem to be the casual sort."

"Don't take it personally. Wilkes is just a butt-clenched bastard." Min-jae gestured for Elle to follow him. "He doesn't care what we do as long as Phantom Works gets him the results he wants."

"Phantom Works?"

"That's us. We used to be McDaell-Doglam's advanced prototyping division. When Boening bought out the company, they kept us. Nowadays, we do testing for the UN forces on request." He pointed to a plate on the wall, which had the same bandit mascot as the one Elle saw earlier. "The founding members worked on the original F-4 Phantom, so the name and logo stuck."

"You worked on the F-4?"

"Me? Nah. But I worked on the F-18E and the YF-23 projects." A slur of distaste was heard when Min-jae mentioned the YF-23. "Head office is in St. Louis, Missouri. We're an international branch--the modelling, simulation and actual flight test work is done by us."

"Combat tests." Elle muttered, too faint for anyone else to hear. The United States was not close to any hot-spots. Most of the Russo-Asian continent was still under enemy control and thus too chaotic. And hell would freeze over before Japan allowed America to perform live-fire tests on their home soil. Thus, the newly-liberated western Europe was the ideal testing ground.

Testing. For what?

"So, how're you finding the place so far?"

Elle was still uneasy. The other ground crew and other staff continued to give her cold stares as she followed Min-jae around.

"I don't exactly feel welcome."

"Nobody gets sent here that doesn't already belong here." Min-Jae had a warm smile as he said this, but Elle found something lacking in it. The pair paused to let a weapons carrier drive through. "Besides, aren't the Germans supposed to be real hard-arses to work for?"

"Far from it." Burkhart couldn't help but chuckle, some of her previous tension easing. She had been on exchange duties with the German Bundeswehr's 66th Armored division as a SAR/UCAV pilot, assigned to Jasta-44 'Zerberus'. Fond memories resurfaced. "The ones I've met are all crazy, lovable dorks."

Min-jae raised a doubtful eyebrow but said nothing as he led on, finally stopping at the hangar's far end.

The frames of three F-15E Strike Eagles loomed above Elle. Two were slowly being eased out of their service berths, the scream of wheels on metal grinding as mobile platforms crawled forward to meet them. Burkhart noted the remaining Strike Eagle was the same machine from this morning, based on it's gray and burnt-red camouflage scheme. A closer look at its waist armor showed a serial number of 78-0468, meaning that F-15E was the 468th TSF using an Eagle frame. 1978 was the year the machine's construction started.

Icon-1 is a first-generation Eagle? Burkhart realized that the machine's airframe was older than she was. The F-15 series had only begun trials in 1978, deploying in the field six years later. The current F-15E Strike Eagle model was not developed until the early 1990's.

Elle then looked at the other two machines. Icon-2 had a serial number of 80–0055 and Icon-3's number was 81-0063. That meant none of the three TSFs were Strike Eagles, at least not at the time of their construction. A curious Burkhart asked the Crew Boss about this.

"Icon Flight were originally first-production F-15A Eagles," Min-jae replied. "They were three of five F-15As converted to the E-type for evaluation purposes during the Strike Eagle project."

"And they've been used as TSF testbeds ever since?"

"Pretty much. Three very used Strike Eagles." The gruff Min-jae shrugged mirthlessly. "I guess we should be glad we weren't given F-5s. That would have been damned insulting."

Elle didn't yet feel comfortable enough to ask about the dead pilot, so she inspected the machines instead. All had the same black pod and extra antenna mount attachment to the head unit. The silhouette of each was heftier than a normal Strike Eagle due to small but noticeable shoulder-mounted thrusters. Likewise, the legs appeared much thicker--Elle guessed this was to accomodate the larger fuel tanks for the shoulder thrusters and the waist-mounted jump engines.

That's a lot of thrust these machines are playing with, Elle conceded. Jump engines provided the main aerial propulsion for TSFs, and Icon machines had jump engines noticably larger than standard for the Strike Eagle series. It was then she noticed differences between the three machines themselves. Though all three had the same F-15E frame, they were clearly distinct in individual setup.

The furthermost unit was Icon-3. It had a symmetrical pair of head antennae similar to Japanese TSF designs, much like a Samurai's helmet. There was also a noticeable bump on the upper-right side of the TSF's head just above the black pod, and Elle could see an open porthole facing front. A gun port?

Middle unit Icon-2 had only one large head antenna, and Elle could see it was adjustable. The TSF itself also had platelike protrusions on its forearms--she guessed them to be sensor pods. The arms also seemed to have more bulk, suggesting Icon-2 was built to carry heavier loads. Or for close combat weaponry?

Icon-1 stood unchanged from the encounter this morning. Like Icon-2, there were protrusions on its forearms. These were much larger, and Elle could not help but think of Soviet-designed TSFs. Burkhart theorized they were for additional ammunition or weapons.

Slowly, two cranes rose up to meet the two TSFs. Following them were a trio of building-sized box structures--weapons and ammunition storage containers. Burkhart normally saw them in combat situations, delivering weapons and fuel for field resupply.

Given the limited hangar space, rearming this way is more practical. Elle watched as the containers opened, revealing a mixed selection of TSF weapons both familiar and new. Assault cannons like giant-sized rifles lined the walls of one container. Apparently Col. Wilkes' disdain for Germans did not extend to their weaponry, as European guns were stocked alongside American and Russian cannons. Some larger guns were present, of a make unknown to Burkhart. The second container held a variety of missile containers and the third possessed close-combat Melee Halberds of varying origin. Normally these weapons would be either held in the TSF's hands or stored on rear-mounted pylons specifically designed for the weapon in question.

Elle could understand testing different weapon types, but different nations used specific pylon designs for their weapons. Swapping pylons was possible but would be a logistical nightmare in practice.

"Min-jae. What is it exactly we're testing here?"

"Weapons and pilot interfaces are the obvious ones, but it's a lot more than that." The Crew boss responded to Elle's quizzical look with a serious glance. "Phantom Works is testing a whole new initiative in this war. These TSFs are just a component--"

"One thing at a time," Burkhart watched as the Phantom Works team worked on the TSFs. Icon-2's right mounting pylon extended forward to accept a Japanese Type-74 halberd's blade. The clamps closed gently around the giant sword, even as the left pylon turned to accept a European GWS-9 Assault Cannon. "What am I looking at right now?"

"That's the Gunslinger universal mounting pylon." Min-jae's chest filled with pride as the ground crew began the equipping process with cold precision. "Doesn't matter what kind of weapon it is or where it's made, Gunslinger can mount it. And use it."

Burkhart nodded blankly in response. Melee weapons were not American doctrine, and Icon-2 was using a Japanese sword as opposed to a European Ax for its choice of Halberd. Elle first thought that Icon-3 would also equip a Type-74 following with its Samurai motif, and was surprised to see it with wholly a different loadout.

A bulky, long-barreled weapon was chosen from the container. Burkhart thought it looked somehat like the light machine guns mounted on armored vehicles or carried by infantry. Icon-3's mounting pylon extended, then lowered to clamp over the cannon's heavy rear end. The TSF's right arm then slowly eased over the weapon's huge trigger grip.

"That's the XM-244 Squad Automatic Cannon, based on the US Army's M102 105mm airmobile howitzer." Min-jae pointed out the large box that was being attached to the weapon just in front of the trigger. "Carries a hundred rounds of ammo per magazine, and it can be used either for direct suppression or artillery fire."

"Like the Mk.57 Squad Support Gun?" Elle was referring to the large-caliber cannon used by European TSFs as a fire support weapon.

Min-jae looked put upon at this comparison. "Yeah, like a donkey looks like a racehourse. 45 rounds per minute. Since it's based on a howitzer, the XM-244 has a lot less kick than a full-on cannon."

"Then why does it need mounting pylon support?"

"So the damn autoloader's on the big side." A defensive Min-jae grumbled, both proud and protective of the weapons systems. "That's the whole point of having a dedicated weapons testbed."

"Don't listen to that old goat, pretty lady. He likes surprises."

Elle turned to the voice, a smiling dark-skinned man approaching them. Silently, Burkhart was relieved to see another person on-base who was neither hostile or indifferent to her.

"Lumumba, do you actually work here?" Min-jae's tone lightened, then he turned back to face Elle. "This is Lieutenant Burkhart, she'll be our chase pilot from today."

"Antoine Kamari Lumumba at your service, lady." Elle was about to salute the man, but stopped in mid-action as he held out a hand to shake. Like Min-Jae, Lumumba was wearing civilian work clothing.

"Sorry. Habit." Burkhart shook his gloved hand. "Elle Burkhart."

"Not many people get transferred out here, so everybody's still a bit shy. Engineers and technicians usually aren't people-person types." Kamari then turned to Min-jae. "Iori's complaining about getting more Silent Eagle mods again. Can't you do something about that?"

"Are you kidding me? Stop letting those maniacs get what they want!"

"Do YOU seriously want to argue with the cannibal?" Lumumba frowned, crossing his arms. Min-jae's silent expression said all.

Burkhart was lost, as neither man bothered to explain the conversation.

"God, what a pain in the ass. Alright, I'll see what I can do for Icon-2." There was grunt and a grim nod from Min-jae. "But since you have so much free time, Lumumba..."

"Say no more." Antoine's frown turned back into a smile as he turned to Elle. "I will personally introduce Miss Burkhart to her ride."

You mean, now? Burkhart refrained from blurting it aloud.

"Don't get too excited." Min-jae turned towards the service crew and started making unfamiliar signals with his hands.

In the back of her mind, Elle wondered if the crew boss was relieved to be away from her. She put the thought aside as Lumumba's comforted her worries.

"Colonel Wilkes said that I'd be monitoring the pilots. I was wondering when I'd actually meet them."

"They're running a little bit late." Antoine responded, then began walking as he remembered Min-jae's order. Overhead, a a siren sounded twice. "The shop's retrofitting their Fortified suits. Reinforcing the neck and helmet brace."

Reflexively, Elle thought of the dead TSF pilot. The way the neck rolled loosely when the corpse had been pulled out.

"Fortified suits don't normally need a helmet."

"You'll need one for piloting these TSFs." Lumumba gestured upward, spinnign one finger around in circles. Like a teacher to a slow-witted pupil. "Too much information to be fed into a retinal display like normal TSFs, and you don't want to have your head snap off during maneuvers."

What kind of maneuvers you would have to go through, for the standard suit brace to be insufficient? Burkhart frowned. The standard Fortified Suit was meant to protect TSF pilots from the expected shock and stress from high-G maneuvers, and this included an existing neck brace and locking bolts. It was impossible to fly a TSF without wearing one, as a TSF cockpit had no windows. Visual input from the machine's sensors fed back into the Fortified Suit's retinal displays. TSFs don't require that much information feedback. Only UCAV pilots need a full-immersive helmet.

Elle decided to risk the question. "I saw Icon-1's landing this morning. What happened to the pilot?"

"Sorry, that's strictly need-to-know." Lumumba didn't even seem to mind, not even sparing her a look back. "Your chase flights are solely for Icon-2 and Icon-3."

Burkhart's trust was going up and down like a rollercoaster. On the one hand, both Min-jae and Lumumba were very personable. On the other, they were just as secretive as the rest of the unit.

The pair stopped at a car-sized pod, tucked into one corner of the hangar. It was immediately familiar to Elle, a self-contained remote cockpit for UCAV pilots. It was the newer type, used by the full-immersive UCAV drones developed after 2002.

"Welcome to your office." Lumumba's grin seemed forced this time.

Burkhart bypassed Antoine and stepped into the virtual seat, feeling calmer as she sat in a familiar environment.

Elle thought Lumumba had a look of fear in his eyes when she mechanically eased into the UCAV control pod. Three flat screens faced her, two less than the type she had been using with the Germans at Dover Base. Normal operations called for the UCAV pilot to wear a virtual display helmet, putting the pilot inside the drone plane he or she flew. The screens were merely a backup.

"This is a new model UCAV?" Elle asked, with more confidence than before.

"It's part of the 'New Initiative' Min-jae was talking about. At this point she's only good for monitoring Icon Flight, but Phantom Works has plans." Antoine paused. "We call it Phantom Arc."

Elle only noticed the smile on her face when she saw her reflection in the flatsceen display.

"If I'm watching over the pilots, I'll have in-cockpit views as well."

"You'll have them. And real-time access to all their data."

Elle nodded. The more reserved part of her wondered why she would need that much intrusive access. But as her hands touched the control helmet, the concerns left her.

She did not even notice Antoine's large hand on her shoulder, or his breathing across her neck.

"Word of warning." Lumumba's whisper was frighteningly intimate in her ear. "The BETA aren't the only enemy you need to look out for around here."

Smile gone, there was an expression of dread in Antoine's face as he walked off.

Elle looked at the man as he left. Trust and distrust were mixed, and she did not know which side of the coin she was on. But a larger part of her just didn't care.

Not knowing what else to do, she donned the UCAV control helmet.

And all her doubts disappeared.

She could see the hangar interior from multiple angles, all from camera eyes across the UCAV's body. It was a section she had not passed through, a view behind the massive TSFs being wheeled up to the lifting elevators. Not a second later, her own machine began moving to the lifts.

Clear runway.

Without a glance, her hands met and mated with the controls.

It always felt like this, that Burkhart was only comfortable when at the helm of a UCAV. As if her human form was just something she was cursed to be trapped in, freed only when she was allowed to fly.

The readouts checked clear for the TSFs as their respective pilots boarded. Icon-2 and Icon-3 registered as ready. Elle then saw her own callsign appear.

Watchtower. The Phantom Works team had read up her file after all, if they were going to use her existing callsign.

Was she trapped or was she free? Maybe when she left this cockpit, Burkhart would ponder that question. But for now she decided that she could fly, and that meant she was free.

"This is Watchtower-1. I have control."

Last edited by wavehawk; 2013-05-19 at 07:40.

Tags
fanfiction, harem