AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-01-01, 20:00   Link #1
slc

Question Star Ocean EX sequel?

I just finished that series and I liked it. But the ending wasn't an ending.
It was so obviously a "to be continued" ending that I'd almost think there was more in the works by the time the last one was produced.

So is there a movie or another series or something?

thanks.
Old 2004-01-01, 21:43   Link #2
MuGeN_BoY
<--- Lolita Complex

I doubt there will be a sequel, its been out for quite some time, over 3 yrs i think...

It was based on the game......
Old 2004-01-01, 22:01   Link #3
GreyArea
Meatf***er

Based on Star Ocean 2 on the Playstation, to be exact.

A second season was never made.

The games good, but it'll be a bit hard to find nowadays.
Old 2004-01-03, 20:37   Link #4
PSX
SCEI

Send a message via ICQ to PSX Send a message via AIM to PSX Send a message via MSN to PSX Send a message via Yahoo to PSX
it actually followed the game very closely so basically how the game ended, so did the anime but if you like old school games you should check out star ocean second story for psx, they had a neat battle system

btw, i like your sig mugen_boy
Old 2004-01-04, 11:01   Link #5
slc

I don't have a PS.
That's okay, I just wondered if there was something I'd overlooked, and you say "nope that's it".

Thanks!
Old 2004-01-06, 06:09   Link #6
Heroland
Blank File

A second season was never made, because the series failed miserably..... and for good reason.

I guess if you haven`t played the game it might be bearable.
Old 2004-01-06, 16:00   Link #7
Yondaime
4th Hokage 四代目火影

I thought the reason they didnt do a second season was because it was either a second season or to make Star Ocean Blue Sphere on gbc so the opted for the latter or sumthin. I never heard anything about it doing bad x_X I liked it XD

- Yondaime

- Umineko no naku koro ni
Old 2004-01-06, 16:46   Link #8
tsurumaru
I refuse to die dammit!

I'm pretty sure there have already been topics on here about this (but they may have been lost in the board reset). There was a Star Ocean EX manga based on the Star Ocean 2 PSone game (and its this manga series that I think inspired the Anime as a spin off though the story was different again from the manga) however I heard that it eventually stopped after falling sales figures........

I'd definitely recomend the game (even though I still haven't finished it!) It has a battle system a little like Secret of Mana and Xenogears.
Old 2004-01-06, 16:57   Link #9
Flash_Squirrel
F&C Fanboy

Send a message via ICQ to Flash_Squirrel Send a message via AIM to Flash_Squirrel
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsurumaru
(even though I still haven't finished it!)
Weak! Where are you stucked at? ^^

No second season for SOEX, just because with the ending of the 26 episodes series, they have spoiled the real ending of the game, thus making a second season impossible to do.
Old 2004-01-06, 18:44   Link #10
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash_Squirrel

No second season for SOEX, just because with the ending of the 26 episodes series, they have spoiled the real ending of the game, thus making a second season impossible to do.

They were going to make a second season called "to the story" but production was frozen. I heard they never aired all the anime on TV, they decided to release the rest on DVD.
Old 2004-01-06, 19:15   Link #11
GreyArea
Meatf***er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash_Squirrel

Eh? Did you really play the game? It was almost exactly the same as the mid-point of the game (altered slightly to not seem quite so open ended for the audience). They could easily continue the game story from there out.
Old 2004-01-06, 19:31   Link #12
Flash_Squirrel
F&C Fanboy

Send a message via ICQ to Flash_Squirrel Send a message via AIM to Flash_Squirrel
Of course I have.

Remember the little man at the end of the anime? that was one of the ten wise man. They saved the planet and defeated the bad guy = no more struggling against the ten wise man, no truth about Reena, no more voyage on Naede.

What would be after the 26 episodes would be just meaningless useless fillers (Like FMP?F!), or a completely new story, but since it wasn't that much of a hit over Japan, the studio didn't bother to make a sequel.

My question now is: Did YOU really play the game?
Old 2006-01-29, 00:37   Link #13
Lord Zanaffer

Ihave played and didn't completed it yet.

And the One of the Ten WIse Men said, that the fight wasn't over. Then he said, that he was defeated but his masters mission would continue.

Have YOU seen the ending?

Claude and everybody will go after Gabriel and deafeat him. But of course, they will go to the 4 Fields.

Ithink there would be a sequel but haven't produced it yet.(And my English is really bad)
Old 2006-01-29, 01:03   Link #14
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

The 2nd Season to Star Ocean EX (the journey to Energy Nede) was canned and was instead released as a series of Drama CDs.
Old 2006-01-31, 01:05   Link #15
Lord Zanaffer

But can there be a sequel in form of an anime of Star Ocean Ex?

And in the game i fight against two of the ten wise men(i've killed 6 of them already)
Old 2010-05-03, 03:03   Link #16
kite1358

Star ocean EX sequel

To the anime, maybe not, to the game star ocean 2, enix (now with square) is actually thinking about making a sequel to star ocean 2. If they do, they said the story is going to be about all the main characters again, but 3 years later I think... don't hold me to it if it;s wrong I'm just sayin it like I heard it, but claude and the others actually go back to the colony where the second story begins when his dad is killed when they...uh, space-ship wreck...on a new planet.
Closed Thread