AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-01-05, 23:45   Link #4401
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhazaru View Post
They need their own spin off They were definitely the best part of this first ep!
They kinda do already, but the new girls are getting all the spotlight at the moment, not that I mind.

Quote:
Spoiler for Kyouko:
Would you really want to ruin that kind of surprise for anime only viewers? I definetly wouldn't.

Speaking of Kyoko

Spoiler for Spoiler:
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-06, 00:00   Link #4402
Azure_yo

Spoiler for Kyouko:
[/QUOTE]

ha ha for me Kyouko is not in that category but as another Nodoka in the making, if you know what i mean
Azure_yo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-06, 00:31   Link #4403
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure_yo View Post

ha ha for me Kyouko is not in that category but as another Nodoka in the making, if you know what i mean
I don't get it.

At any rate, Miyamori focus is always welcome while it last. Too much Himematsu and people will get tired of them by the time they reaches semi.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-06, 01:16   Link #4404
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
I think he means Kyouko's "altenate" dress, which Ikuno forced on her, and is something of a fan favorite -- see how that version appeared on the cover of Biyori, except with Nodoka's lewd dress.

I wouldn't mind seeing her dress like that for the Finals too.
Old 2014-01-06, 01:22   Link #4405
The Green One

Well if Hatsumi can expose herself on national television then a sexy outfit on Kyouko probably won't raise any eyebrows. It's not like Saki or Shizu would pay attention to her anyway.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-06, 08:25   Link #4406
raincrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
They kinda do already, but the new girls are getting all the spotlight at the moment, not that I mind.
Are you talking about Kouko and Sukoya? They have some strips in Biyori, but so does everyone else

Quote:
Would you really want to ruin that kind of surprise for anime only viewers? I definetly wouldn't.
Not sure what you're talking about.

One thing that disappointed me a lot with the new anime...the animation isn't as good as season one. I was hoping the original studio would be doing it again, but it's the Achiga team. It actually looked more like Achiga season 2 tbh
raincrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-06, 08:50   Link #4407
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Quote:
I was hoping the original studio would be doing it again, but it's the Achiga team. It actually looked more like Achiga season 2 tbh
You're forgetting that the GONZO that made Saki S1 no longer exists. What was left turned into Studio Gokumi, who did Achiga and is now doing this season.
Old 2014-01-06, 08:57   Link #4408
Azure_yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
I don't get it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
I think he means Kyouko's "altenate" dress, which Ikuno forced on her, and is something of a fan favorite -- see how that version appeared on the cover of Biyori, except with Nodoka's lewd dress.
Yeah Kyouko just so cute there

and also their determination to beat Saki is quite similar, make me wonder if Kyouko will start to develop blush around Saki (well not just around her after all she is quite uncomfortable with her new appearance),

and at the very end our very own demon overlord is quite fond of beautiful girl

well ahemm if you can't dominate Saki in mahjong table, then you just has to.............
Azure_yo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-06, 09:08   Link #4409
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Are you talking about Kouko and Sukoya? They have some strips in Biyori, but so does everyone else

Not sure what you're talking about.

One thing that disappointed me a lot with the new anime...the animation isn't as good as season one. I was hoping the original studio would be doing it again, but it's the Achiga team. It actually looked more like Achiga season 2 tbh
I'm talking about shinohayu, which initially seemed to be saki: pro-hen, and therefore our chance to see the beginnings of Kokaji and Kouko, but so far its all about Shino and Kanna. Again, not complaining.

About Kyoko, I mean there's no point spoiling the fact she'll be Saki's bane, it's a pretty good twist and a good way to hype the semifinals, showing there won't be dead weight at the table. I can't wait to see the anime only fans reaction.
Old 2014-01-06, 09:12   Link #4410
Peanutbutter

They're trying their best to conserve their budget, and stretch every single nugget of information so far into the anime. It's quite obvious.

Though for us manga viewers, we do wonder the meaning of having Rinkai and Usuzan appearing so early (even though they dun have a voice yet).
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-06, 09:15   Link #4411
raincrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
You're forgetting that the GONZO that made Saki S1 no longer exists. What was left turned into Studio Gokumi, who did Achiga and is now doing this season.
They're still around, and making animes, or did you mean the people who worked on Saki S1 left? I'm not sure about that, seeing as how different both series look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post

About Kyoko, I mean there's no point spoiling the fact she'll be Saki's bane, it's a pretty good twist and a good way to hype the semifinals, showing there won't be dead weight at the table. I can't wait to see the anime only fans reaction.
Ah, ok. Yeah, I agree!
raincrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-06, 09:52   Link #4412
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

I meant what I meant -- the GONZO we have now is not the GONZO that actually made Saki. Or are you conveniently forgetting that, before Fam, GONZO actually ceased to exist as a production company for years?

Many of the staff in S1's production went to AIC, or went on to found Studio Gokumi.
Old 2014-01-06, 17:02   Link #4413
King-Slayer

Seeing new people's reaction to Saki is hilarious. All I keep seeing on different places is
-Why are they not wearing panties?
-Are they gay?
-Why are they allowed to walk around like that?
-Do I have to learn mahjong to enjoy this?

Last edited by King-Slayer; 2014-01-06 at 21:05. Reason: adding
King-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-06, 18:12   Link #4414
thenightsshadow

Where are you seeing the reactions?
thenightsshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-06, 20:01   Link #4415
King-Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenightsshadow View Post
Where are you seeing the reactions?
many other forums and /a/ (as crappy as that place is).
Old 2014-01-06, 20:09   Link #4416
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Seriously did these guys skip on Achiga? That was barely two years ago.
Old 2014-01-06, 20:12   Link #4417
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Less than 2. The Achiga eps 13-16 were airing last Winter and Spring seasons....
Old 2014-01-06, 20:49   Link #4418
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Maybe the spinoff part made them think it had no relation to the main story.

Still, you don't need to watch Achiga to know how the Sakiverse rolls. I really need to check on newcomers' reactions more.
Old 2014-01-06, 22:23   Link #4419
Sol Falling

Haha. /a/'s mahjong threads are pretty fun. At least, they were back when I lurked them throughout the entire run (airing + OVAs) of Achiga. Sounds like Zenkoku-hen has spawned a whole ton of new Saki watchers, but I wouldn't take those reactions to be representative of their real Saki fanbase.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-06, 22:46   Link #4420
King-Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Haha. /a/'s mahjong threads are pretty fun. At least, they were back when I lurked them throughout the entire run (airing + OVAs) of Achiga. Sounds like Zenkoku-hen has spawned a whole ton of new Saki watchers, but I wouldn't take those reactions to be representative of their real Saki fanbase.
Oh I know what they're real fan base is like both good and bad but its just fun looking at the newcomers questions.

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri